W2O: Sensational Power Platypus#1

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

His name was Nathan Nopants.

He was the dastardliest naked bandit west of the Mississippi.

All the people in Quackhattan Bank turned away their heads or otherwise covered their eyes so that they could evade beholding Nathan’s quite revealing figure. The bank’s security guards were petrified, trying to move their body. But it was to no use as they had been foolish enough to stare directly at Nathan. The shock was too much for them. No one could do anything about the notorious nudist who was about to fill a big bag with money from the bank’s vaults.

No one… but Power Platypus!

As Damian Duckenstein, the mild-mannered rubber-chicken salesman passed the bank and noticed that his old enemy was back to his old tricks, he quickly tore off his jacket, revealing a bright yellow costume with a green cape. After donning his mask, he also tore off his fake feathery behind, making his beaver tail visible.

Power Platypus leapt into the bank to engage in combat against Nathan Nopants. It was quite an entertaining fight with plenty of slapstick humor and silly artwork. A fun little adventure that could be read in the first issue of the brand-new Power Platypus comic book series based on the old 90s cartoon show of the same name.

Unfortunately, it sold poorly. Issues that could be found in comic book stores around the country weren’t good for anything but collecting dust. Those who actually read them were usually jerks who downloaded them illegally online and then went to webforums and bashed the comic for no good reasons. The few loyal PP fans who bought the comic would have to accept that their new series was going to get canceled in no time. It was quite tragic, really.

Not as tragic as what went down in Downtown Springville.

Amymal gasped as she carried a pregnant lady. Her lower body had been replaced with 80 percent of a cheetah, making her look like a strange cat-centaur. Amymal had selected the fastest known animal to be her legs. She needed to be fast to save the woman from the hole that had opened out of thin air. A failed attempt at teleporting by traveling through a brimstone dimension had gone terribly wrong, the idiot who made the machine had been sucked into said dimension, and now the hole would suck innocent people into it. the power that sucked objects and humans toward it grew stronger and stronger for each minute that passed.

Amy had always thought that becoming a superhero would mean that she got to punch people a lot. And sure, she had her fair share of scraps, but she found herself running away from things more often than she liked.

Worse of all, she had forgotten the most important thing about cheetahs: The one minute limit. Cheetahs can run 65 mph in under three seconds... but they tire themselves out after sixty seconds of running.

After bringing the pregnant woman to some… Amymal wasn’t sure what you called those guys who drove ambulances… she could feel that she had pushed her limit and turned her legs back to human, hoping it would somehow make her less tired. It did not. All she could do was gasp and sweat. She couldn’t do anything to stop that rift in reality to go away. She felt utterly helpless, just like all the civilians who panicked.

But then, as Amy was about to transform into an elephant, she stopped as… something appeared. A creature unlike any she had seen before.

Or maybe she had? There was something familiar about it.

It wasn’t an alien or a magical creature she could recognize. And it couldn’t simply be a superhuman, it didn’t look human enough. Whatever it was, it lept directly toward the dimensional rift and…

Amy KNEW it didn’t make any sense. But that didn’t chance the fact that the creature somehow grabbed the hole and tied a knot on it. Then the creature crammed the rift into the shape of a ball as if it was a piece of paper and threw it into a nearby garbage can.

Amy had seen some weird %%%% in her short career as a superhero. But this was just too weird. ESPACIALLY now that she realized what and who the creature was.

“Well, that’s that.” The five-foot-tall humanoid duck cracked his knuckles and took a look around. It seemed like he was looking for something. Amymal was apparently that something as he was looking for. “Hey there.” He offered Amy a feathery right hand. “You look like a superhero. My name is-”

“Holy crab, you’re Power Platypus!” Amy took his hand and shook it intensively. This was too weird and awesome to be true. “I’m your biggest fan!”

“Yes, yes I am.” The duck with a superhero outfit and a beaver tail looked rather rattled at the apparently bald monkey that knew his name. “I take it I’m not in Quackhattan anymore?”

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By waezi2
wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#3 wildvine  Moderator

Inspired by a TheMeatly game.

Not Howard the Duck or Darkwing Duck or Perry the Platypus?

His name was Nathan Nopants.

Lemme guess. He's a naked mole rat.

Not having read all the stories in this 'verse I had not heard of Amymal. So I checked the character list. Not there. Its still technically possible she has been mentioned before and I just haven't read it. But I am very sure this was a character you invented in this issue. I'm not going to say not to do this because you are free to make your own style of storytelling. I am going to say I'm not a fan of this style. That is, introducing new characters randomly and treating them as if we should just accept they have always existed.

I do not like The Cat as a character, but I know him. I'm not crazy about how Gun Bunny developed but again, I know her. Because you spent issues showing us these characters and how they work (regardless of probability). Who is Amymal? How did she get her powers? What are the extent of her powers? Most importantly why is she debuting in another characters debut issue? Imagine if PP had appeared in The Cat's story. PP could arrest Gun Bunny before Cat could show her up. Then Cat gets annoyed at PP staring a cartoon level friendly rivalry. We know Cat and Bunny. And you know them best so you know how they would react in this situation.

Or, what about a series like W20 Presents: where you introduce these new characters instead of lumping together in one chapter. This could have been two segments. One for each character climaxing in them meeting if you simply must.

I like anthropomorphic animals so I'll probably check out the next issue at least.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Cat and PP will meet.

And I don't know why I keep postponing Amymal's one-shot story to introduce her properly into the W2O.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine said:

Inspired by a TheMeatly game.

Not Howard the Duck or Darkwing Duck or Perry the Platypus?

Darkwing Duck is awesome, and might have been a factor too. But I don't know Howard Duck and Perry Platypus.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#6 wildvine  Moderator

@waezi2: Perry is from Phinias and Pherb. I dunno if you would like Howard. Lotta people don't

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@waezi2: You don't know Howard the Duck? I actually thought Nathan Nopants was in reference to Disney suing Marvel over Howard not wearing pants like Donald (which is why Howard now wears pants). <shrugs> Weird coincidence then.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: ... OH! The Marvel Comics character! Yes, I do know him, but never read a comic about him as such. Did watch the movie though.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@waezi2 said:

@cbishop: ... OH! The Marvel Comics character! Yes, I do know him, but never read a comic about him as such. Did watch the movie though.

Then you don't know him. LOL

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: It's that bad a portrayal, eh? :P

And about Nopants: I just thought it would be funny with a bank-robber who "flashed" people blind so that he could rob them, that's all:) But that would be too silly, even for the W2Overse who has a guy who makes corporations go under by giving all the employees flu.

So I made him a character from a comic in the W2O insead:P