W2O: Rathaway Springs#4

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By waezi2  Online

All the citizens of Rathaway had gathered in front of city hall to discuss what to do about their visitors. Meanwhile, the orb-like spaceship and begun to grow arms and dig holes that it should plant giants spears in.

"What do you mean we can't attack them?! They are going to ruin our town!" Lilly was practically steaming.

"And the rest of the planet." Ted blew his nose.

"... Yeah, that too!"

"Look, it's a question about ze risks." Doc Domsdey explained. "Ze ones of us with... shall we say... shady pasts, we all moved to Rathaway because we wanted to be in ein place where we could start over. As well as ein place where ze press and superheroes couldn't find us and harass us. Some of us are actually still wanted by ze law."

"Hey!" Don interrupted Doc. "As a not-super guy, I think I can speak for the rest of us normal folks that we don't mind you using your powers and all."

"Zat is not ze problem. If any outtowners sees us in action, they could call ze press. Before we know it, Rathaway will become Villain City, USA."

"No offence, Doc, but those space guys are about to build the thingies that will destroy gravity!" Carl pointed toward one of the enormous golden spear-like things that the two aliens' spaceship had recently stabbed in the ground around the town. "I rather end up in jail than, you know... DEAD!"

"Don't be afraid, ze machine won't be activated before at least 43 hours."

"HOW DOES THAT HELP US!?"

"Easy, Lilly. Breath. It gives us time to convince them to stop ze project. I tried to talk to them, without success. But if we show them that ze whole town is against it, then they might stop without ze use of violence. They only wish to help us, so let's us show them that their help is not wanted."

Lilly missed her stress ball. "For pete's sake, Doc, what are we suppose to do?! Chain us to those machines and sing Kumbaya?!"

Lilly frowned.

She looked like a child the most when she was moping. And boy, did she look child-like.

Apparently, sarcasm was a foreign language to Doc.

"This is stupid... I could have a fire-breathing teddybear prepared by now, Doc."

"Nein, they have to... wait ein second..." Doc realized something. "You still have your weapons?"

"... Well... Um... Yeah." Lilly's eyes began to flack. "You know, just in case."

"... Lilly, you are an ex-meta criminal with anger issues! You can't have dangerous weapons like zat! It's like an alcoholic having bottles of booze in ze basement!"

"Aw, come on, Doc." Ted sneezed. "You can't blame her for keeping a few things for projections. I still have my old Mucus suit and snot-guns-"

"Et tu, Ted?!"

"This sit-down strike seems like a waste of time, Mr Fy." An middle-aged, short and chubby man said to the middle-aged tall and slim man next to him.

"Indeed it does, Mr Bi. I say we go get the super-chair prepared."

"An excellent suggestion, Mr Fy."

"Mein god, AM I ZE ONLY ONE HERE WHO THREW OUT HIS WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT!?" If Doc still had lips, he would hand bit them in anger. "Am I ze only one who is not ein hypocrite?!"

"That's not fair, Doc." Carl looked a bit worried. Doc was usually a calm and collected man. "You use your tech all the time."

"ZAT IS DIFFERENT! I'M EIN ROBOT! MINE BRAIN IS INSIDE EIN JAR! I HAVE TO USE-"

Doc was interrupted as an invisible force ripped the chains that kept the townsfolks attached to the machine and lifted them up in the air.

It was Gnak and Sodok. They each held a gun-like tool that now held the people up in the air.

"You be bother us work, humans. Stop doing."

"It be annoying."

"Damn right we are!" Ted waved a fist in a somewhat threatening way at the parrot men. "You freaks want to ruin everything."

"No we not." Gnak said calmly. "No gravity makes all better."

"Yes." Sodok said. "Our planet not having gravity for hundreds years. Much better."

"Please, listen to reason!" Doc sounded like he was panicking as he tried reasoning with the aliens once more. "Your idea has potential, but it won't benefit anyone for at least 152 years! What about all ze humans who has to-"

"We no expect you to understand." Gnak and Sodok interrupted Doc in one voice. "After all, you having insufficient critical facilities to understand."

"Wha... I... I..." Doc was lost for words.

Complete silence.

"... Did... Did the bird people just call Doc stupid, Mr Bi?"

"It appears to be the case, Mr Fy."

Gently, the people was placed on the ground once more. The aliens informed them that this was a warning, and that they would tolerate no more interruptions in their work. Their ship beamed them up once more, and the townsfolks were alone again.

"Doc, we have to do something!" Carl grabbed the tin-man by his shoulder and shoke him. "We can't just stand idly by and let them do whatever they do! Sure, I just fix cars, I don't claim to be smarter than you, and this whole pacifist thing may seem idealistic and all but... Doc?"

The former world conquer didn't respond. He was silent and because of his lack of... well, a face, he was impossible to read.

"Doc? You alright?"

"... Zat alien just called me stupid."

"... Doc?"

"TONIGHT, I DINE ON PARROT SOUP!"

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1068

@waezi2: Mm, parrot soup. ... WHAT AM I SAYING?! I've never had parrot soup! What the heck is parrot soup?! Parrot soup? It's not like it will be colorful, like the feathers, or... wait a minute... Doc has a fishbowl for a head. How's he going to eat parrot soup? How does he eat anything? He and Chair Chippendale have confused me to no end.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 waezi2  Online

@cbishop: Doc is pissed after being told that he has "insufficient critical facilities to understand" and is going all angry-mad-scientist now, so he doesn't realize his statement doesn't make sense(or maybe he REALLY wanted to make that one Ninja Turtles reference)

Speaking of references...

@boschepg: @4donkeyjohnson: @wildvine:

@admirallogic:

@stahlflamme:

@jackalantern: @impurestcheese: @heroup2112: @flumox56: @stumpy49er: @cbishop:@tommythehitman:

This chapter has plenty of references. Try and see if you can spot some;)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1068

@waezi2: I got the reference. I was just in a silly mood. ;)

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 waezi2  Online