waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

"So... How bad is it, Carl?"

"Oh, it's bad, Don." Carl cleaned his oily hands in an old rag. "REAL bad."

"... Gonna be expensive?" Don looked worried at his car. His baby, as he called it.

"Well... Let me put it this way; One of us is going to the Bahamas next summer. And it ain't gonna be you."

Carl Rosa was a mechanic. He fixed cars. Repaired things instead of destroying them.

It hadn't always been like that. There had been a time where it was the other way around.

There was a time where he had been known as Sledgehammer.

As a teenager, he and his friends had volunteered to be part of an experiment. Something about radiation or something, Carl couldn't remember the details. What he did remember was each of them getting different but awesome super powers. Carl gained the power to turn his body into metal, giving him superstrength and invulnerability. Carl and his friends each took a super-names based on handyman equipment they somehow resembled(The Drill, the Saw, the Flashlight, the Sandpaper) and together, they were the villain team known as;

The Tools!

... They regretted the name almost immediately, but all the newspapers called them that after their first bank robbery and Carl, as the butt-head he was, proudly proclaimed their idiotic name that they were now stuck with.

The team didn't last for long, not even a year. And Carl didn't work so well as a solo-act. Luckily, he managed to find a new partner. One who was a heck lot more smarter than him.

M-Pull. A villainess with the power to control metal.

She was a great partner. Not just because her magnetic powers increased his speed that he lacked in metal form, but she was incredibly smart. Not in a nuclear scientist way, but she was a brilliant planner, completely unpredictable. Together, there was nothing they couldn't do. No heist they couldn't pull. The papers called Sledgehammer and M-Pull the modern day Bonnie and Clyde(whoever that was).

Then they got cocky. Got in a fight with Lady Prism.

... Na, fight would imply that both sides had an equal chance of winning. And Prism was WAY out of their league.

So... they ended up in a cop car... They were going to the slammer... Carl expected Billie to have a plan to get them out of the mess. She did have a plan... but not before dropping one heck of a bomb on him.

Three worlds; I'm pregnant.

... or maybe that was two words? Carl wasn't sure.

So... Billie knew how to get them out of the car and how to escape the cops. But only if Carl agreed on that they would both drop the whole super villain thing and get real jobs.

So they escaped. Dyed their hair, got married and changed their last name to Rosa after some comicbook guy Billie liked. Carl had some experience with fixing cars and managed to get a job as a mechanic while Billie became an accountant.

They had a daughter that they named Daisy and had so far lived five dull years in Rathaway Springs.

Carl was about to explain to Don what he had to do to make the car work again, but then Ted barged into the garage.

"Guys!" The mailman looked completely baffled. "You gotta.. gat.. go... aaaAAACHU!"

"Gesundheit."

"Thanks..." Ted blew his nose. "But seriously, you gotta come! It's at Lilly's diner, there are-"

"Tourists?"

"WORSE! Aliens!"

Carl and Don followed the mailman to the diner. Outside it, Lilly sat on a rock and repeatedly squeezed her stress ball so much that Carl practically felt sorry for the object. A whole lot of people had gathered around the window to see Doc Domsdey talk to whom Carl presumed to be the aliens. They looked like bird mutants or something and... wait, were they naked?

After some time, Doc came out of the diner, drumming his fingers at his globe head. He seemed nervous.

"... So?" Lilly dropped her ball. "Are they going to leave?"

"Well..." Doc hesitated. "I talked to them about their idea about negative ze Earth's gravity..."

"Their WHAT?!" Carl was not a genius, but even he realized why that would be a catastrophe.

"- I hoped I could talk to them about it, reason with them. Mad scientist to mad scientist... Convince them zat it would be ein bad idea... and, well..."

"Yes?" Lilly asked, not really wanting the answer, awfully sure she wouldn't like it. "And then what happened?"

"... Ze idea is not bad."

Lilly's eyes widened. "... WHAT!?!?!"

"From ein mad scientist point of view, of course!" Doc began to fix his bow-tie, even tough it was fine. "Ze idea is not bad from ein mad scientist point of view! I.. I tried, but I can't talk them out of it."

"What do we do?" Mrs Kyle asked as she almost dropped her dog Bob. "Oh lord, this is exactly the sort of super nonsense that made me move out of the big city to begin with..."

"I say we castrate them with a fork, tie them to a cactus and play piñata with their entrails!"

Complete silence. Everyone stared at Lilly with shock in their eyes.

"..." Lilly realize that she might have been too fast to say that. "... I... think I might need stronger pills..."

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1068

@waezi2: This made me laugh:

"... Ze idea is not bad."

:)

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Well, mad scientists do stuff like destroying gravity and set fire to the sun