W2O: Rathaway Springs#2

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By waezi2

The world has plenty of mad scientists. All of them thinking that they are the one who will take over the world to feed their childish ego. All of them failed BECAUSE of their childish ego.

Except for one. There was such a thing as a mad scientist who actually fulfilled his goal.

His name was Doctor Albert Domsdey. The man who conquered Earth.

... And it was just not as great as he had thought it would be.

Taking over the world meant that he also had to MANAGE the whole world. And boy oh boy, did that involve a lot of paperwork! An OCEAN of boring paperwork! And then there was all those pesky rebellions he had to shut down. It wasn't that difficult, just annoying. He didn't have the time to actually ENJOY his power instead of loathing it.

So he gave it up. It was just not worth it. He brainwashed the whole globe to forget about his reign so he wouldn't have to face the embarrassment of calling quits. Then he went to jail. He wanted to serve his time, and then get on with his life. His time in the slammer was a slap over the wrist compared to what he could have faced thanks to one heck of a good(as well as morally ambiguous) lawyer. Once he was a free man, he decided to take it easy. Moved to this nice little town called Rathaway Springs out in nowhere that was in need of a doctor. Made a boring but nice life, appropriate for an old man who had had his fun. It took some time, but eventually he was accepted by his peers.

Even though his head was a fishbowl with a brain inside it.

"For ze last time, Mrs Curry; NO SHELLFISH! Never, not even ein little! And YES, ze shrimps are shellfish too."

"You sure?" Mrs Curry's face was swollen up due to her allergy.

"Well, you wouldn't be here otherwise, nein?" A sigh came from the robot with a human brain's speaker as it gave Mrs Curry a shot of medicine to make her face return to somewhat normal. As the old lady left Domsdey's clinic(she would probably be back in a week or so), his phone was ringing. Domsdey pressed the button on his bow-tie, activating his inbuilt phone. "Ja, zis is Doctor Domsdey speaking."

"DOC! YOU HAVE TO COME!"

"Ah, Lilly, how good to hear-"

"SHUT UP, DOC! I need you to come and DO something!"

"Lilly-"

"There is two parrot guys in my diner and they are butt naked and they want to do mad scientist stuff and they are eating all of my pie!"

"... Lilly, did you remember to take ze pills?"

"That's not important right now! JUST COME!"

Doc decided not to argue further with the hysterical woman and told his secretary to tell the people in the waiting room that he would be back as soon as he had taken care of an emergency(and that he would fire her if he caught her playing Pokemon on the job again). He left the clinic in a hurry, jumped inside his car and-

"DOC, I'm so glad I found you!"

Being a super genius meant that you had multiple talents. So Doc didn't just treat Rathaway's inhabitant, he was the animal doctor too, meaning that he didn't have to worry about not having patients enough.

But even if he did, he could make a living alone by treating Mrs Kyle's many, many, MANY dogs.

"Doc, it's an emergency!" The old lady was wearing an old bath rope, her hair was a chaos and in her arms, she held a golden cocker spaniel. It looked a tad bit confuse. "Something is wrong with Bob!"

"... Again?" If Doc had eyes, he would have rolled them. "Zis is, what, ze third time zis month?"

"DOC!" Mrs Kyle began to cry. "He might be dying!"

"... Get in ze car, I will take ein look at him."

The two former meta criminals entered the car. One of the benefits of having a robotic body was that you could multitask on a overhuman level, so Doc could drive AND pay attention to Mrs Kyle and her dog's sickness.

"I noticed it this morning when I made breakfast to my dogs. Oh god..." Mrs Kyle began to cry. "I'm a terrible dog owner! I should have paid more attention to Bob! I-"

"Mrs Kyle..." Doc asked patiently. "Is zis about ze blue spot on Bob's back?"

"Yes..." Mrs Kyle whipped her teas away. "Will he survive?"

"Most likely. It is ein sticker from your bananas."

The crazy dog lady seized her crying. "... It is?" She studied the blue spot on Bob's fur she had thought was the sign of a deadly sickness... then took it of and read the words Big Ben Banana on it. "Oh... Silly me, you are right." The sadness on the old woman's face was replaced with joy, knowing that her pet number 12 was gong to live. "What a relief! Thank you, doc! How much do I owe you?"

"It is on ze house..." Doc parked the car, prepared to solve another person's problems with simple reasoning... But got quite the shock as he got out of the car and saw a giant orange orb hovering above Lilly's diner.

"Doc?" Mrs Kyle came out of the car as well with Bob in her arms. The dog began to bark at what looked like a gigantic orange. "What in the good name of the lord is that?"

"Well..." Doc scratched his globe head. "Mine educated guess as scientist would be that it is ein spaceship."

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1068

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Thanks:) Was afraid it would be TOO silly.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boschepg: @4donkeyjohnson: @wildvine:

@admirallogic:

@stahlflamme:

@jackalantern: @impurestcheese: @heroup2112: @flumox56: @stumpy49er: @cbishop:@tommythehitman:

This story is, unlike most of the W2O stuff, impulsively written. I got the idea four days ago, and then I just made it up as I wrote it. I do have an idea how to end it, but unsure of the way to get to it. But I have fun with it.

Anyway, I just wondered if there are any sorts of villains you would like to see in Rathaway Springs. So far, we had a mad scientist, a dwarf with bad temper and a silver ageish bad guy who gives people flu. Try and name some type of villain, and I will somehow find a way to make him or her fit in as well as motivation for "going straight"

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1068

@waezi2: Well, if your scientist has a fishbowl with a goldfish in it for a head, it looks like his main nemesis would be... a Cat. ;)

But maybe he's got dog goons to help against Cat? I know, I know, fishbowl-head is retired. Just sayin' though. :}

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50