Virtutem Dei IV

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

It's taken me a while to get back here but here is chapter four. Rated M, owned by Marvel. It continues from

Part 1: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/virtutem-dei-710871/

Part 2: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/virtutem-dei-ii-723888/

Part 3: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/virtutem-dei-iii-737992/

No Caption Provided

1480AD, City of Rhodes

Twenty archers and crossbowmen stepped up to the wall and took aim at Jacques DuQuesne as he traded sword blows with Sir Percy in a fine display of swordsmanship. Antonio looked at his Captain, sighed and stepped up onto the castle wall in front of them.

“What are you doing Rigidio?” yelled Captain LeBeau “Get down!”

“Sir!” yelled Antonio “Picking off a knight engaged in a duel is not honourable!”

No Caption Provided

“THIS! IS! WAR!” roared LeBeau his hands charging with energy.

“You do so through me” Antonio said, his armour still spluttering and hissing from the damage taken from his previous battle.

“And me!” yelled Piotr Rasputin as he clambered up onto the battlements coated in sand “Let them fight LeBeau, we have more pressing matters. They have taken the tower!” Piotr pointed as Moorish soldiers rushed past the duelling knights on the beach to occupy the eastern sector of the wall.

“God help us” mutter Remy as he made the sign of the cross.

Road to Rome

“You will not escape little hawk!” called Bushman as he and Kraven pursued Bartolomeo. All the horses were bloody and frothed at the mouth at the speeds their masters were pushing them. “You will never reach Rome alive!”

Bartolomeo glanced over his shoulder to see his enemies and also check his quiver, which sadly had only a single arrow remaining. It would kill one of them if his aim were true, but they were proving to be harder to kill. He lashed his mount again when he heard a familiar whistling sound. Bartolomeo crossed his face in prayer.

“Thank you Lord”

He vaulted up off the horse in a massive backflip, drawing his bow and knocking his final arrow. The whistling sound was a shield that shot from the darkness, straight through where Bartolomeo would have been and collected Kraven in the throat, dismounting him with a sickening neck cracking thud. Bushman watched his companion crash from his horse when Bartolomeo’s arrow slammed into his mount’s eye, killing it instantly and sending the mercenary heavily to the floor. Bushman tumbled and rolled and finally stopped his bouncing at a pair of blue boots.

“In the name of the Holy Father and the Lord Our God, you are under arrest!”

Bushman clambered to his feet to see a man dressed in blue chainmail catch his returning flying shield like one would pick a grape from a vine. Bushman spat blood onto the ground.

No Caption Provided

“He is not my god!” growled Bushman as he went for his weapon.

“Tell him that when you see him!” said Bartolomeo as he rammed his sword through Bushman’s back and out his neck. With a deft tug he pulled the sword out and kicked the body to the floor.

“It is good to see you again dear Captain!” declared Bartolomeo as he promptly collapsed, the Captain catching him before he hit the ground.

“And also you,” replied Stefano Rodrigo, Captain of the Papal Guard “Are you harmed?”

“But scratches,” he coughed as blood seeped from his many wounds in his back “I have a message for His Holiness.”

“Then let us get you to Rome.”

“I fear Stefano,” coughed Bartolomeo, blood staining his teeth “I may not make much further.”

“As God as my witness, I shall get you to Rome alive!” declared the Captain of the Papal Guard as he picked up his comrade in arms.

To be continued....eventually :)

Notes: This is actually based on the 1480AD Siege of Rhodes. For more info go here and have a read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Rhodes_%281480%29

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Oh now. Hawkeye doth be slain. Interesting concept, looking forward to more.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

@batkevin74: Short, action packed “Tell him that when you see him!” said Bartolomeo as he rammed his sword through Bushman’s back and out his neck. With a deft tug he pulled the sword out and kicked the body to the floor.

Violent! Very good

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reminder bump

Wim_Garnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

What is in place of the star on Stefano's shield? A cross? The crossed keys? A full papal coat of arms?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#9  Edited By cbishop
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wim_garnet: Not sure, I used a picture by artist Denis Medri who did some medieval Avengers which I used as the idea on what he'd look like. I do think his shield is a nice amalgam of Captain America & whatever the Papal seal is