Venom: Agent of SHIELD #1

Dober_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Daylight...or is it nightfall? Whatever it is, Eddie Brock most certainly can't tell as he laid on the steel operating table, stripped from the waist up. He felt the cold hard steel against his skin, slightly sticky from the perspiration. He looked up at the grey zinc roofed ceiling and for a brief moment, he thought he saw Gwen Stacy's face looking down at him. He blinked and she was gone, of course she was never really there to begin with. Gwen...he thought and his heart wrenched. Every ounce in him was screaming that this was clearly a bad idea but he had to...for Gwen's sake.

'Mr Brock.' a voice accompanied by footsteps approached and Eddie shuddered at the sound of the voice. There weren't a lot of things in life that made Eddie shudder with uneasiness, but that voice and the man behind it was something else altogether. 'Are we ready to begin?' The man behind the voice looked over him, he was a man with a physique that left no room for a neck, cheese burgers and fries were probably his staple food. Eddie could see his smile as the surgical mask he wore, barely big enough for his face, stretched against his mouth.

'Just get to it doctor before I change my mind.' Eddie closed his eyes. 'I'm about to change it fast.' Doctor Splice smiled and rubbed his hands together with glee, like a kid before an unopened box of candies.

'Just to be sure we are on the same page...' Doctor Splice sighed. 'I don't like the details but standard operating procedure applies, you came to me asking to have the symbiote removed, is that right?'

'Yes, I did.' Eddie growled impatiently, he was clearly regretting his decision already and inside, the symbiote felt the same way too as he felt it churning inside him like a rumbling stomach after too heavy a meal. Dr Splice reached into a basin filled with alcohol solution and from it fished out a soaked piece of cloth and he pressed the dripping wet fabric against Eddie's skin and he gasped, it was as cold as ice. Pull yourself together Eddie, you are doing this for Gwen, he thought as he gritted his teeth.

'We are about to begin the extraction pro--' Dr Splice said and suddenly his body tensed, his eyes rolled back and he flopped down onto Eddie's bare torso like a large limp doll. What in the world? Eddie's train of thoughts was interrupted by a figure, sleek and black that smashed through the warehouse window and landed in the shadows.

'Who is it?' Eddie frantically struggled against his bonds that held him to the table. 'Who dares....' His words turned into a beastly growl as the black symbiote burst forth from his body in a large splash of black. No! No! No! Not this! Eddie screamed in his head but he knew he didn't want to die without seeing Gwen, without getting this monster removed from his body so that he could see her again. So for now, he had to stay alive even if that meant using it. Venom launched himself into the shadows where the figure landed and the Black Widow dived out from the shadows and back somersaulted to perch herself artfully on the operating table.

'Eddie Brock, I'm here on orders from SHIELD.' Black Widow pointed her dual wrist mounted guns at Venom. 'My orders were to bring you in alive. How alive though wasn't stated so I encourage you to comply.'

'What does SHIELD want with us?' Venom growled and let out a beastly roar. 'No matter because we don't want anything to do with SHIELD!' he yelled and pounced at Black Widow with the tenacity of a hungry beast eager to feed.

Natasha, also known by her colleagues and enemies alike as the Black Widow one of SHIELD's most skilled agents, was trained by the best, along with the best and is considered one of the best. Very little could take her by surprise but at the sight of Venom's charge, she had to concede, it was going to be a challenge. She kicked herself off the table as Venom crashed into it with his raw brute strength, the table snapped into pieces beneath his strength. Natasha sailed through the air with Venom beneath her and she fired her wrist mounted guns, an array of darts struck his large back and every dart crackled and charged with electricity, each enough to shock unconscious a full grown rhinoceros but she doubted it would be this straightforward.

Natasha landed in a frog like position behind her target, her red hair flew artfully in the wind from her landing. Her eyes, cold and fixed like a hunter poised to kill. Exactly who was truly the hunter and who was the hunted here, remained to be seen. Venom spun around fluidly and charged towards her, again she was surprised and perhaps slightly, slightly intimidated but years of experience have prepared her for such a scenario many times over. Venom was strong, in a test of might he would without a doubt win but in a test of skill? That would be quite a different story altogether. Venom swung his fists at her, Natasha ducked and returned with an uppercut to the jaw, a couple of chops to his side, to his kidneys to be exact and a fury of punches to his chest. She couldn't afford to relent and jumped off the ground and swung one leg in what would have been a spinning kick but Venom caught her by her calf and swung her towards the concrete wall.

With the speed that she was flying towards the concrete wall, Natasha needed to react fast or land as nothing but a mess on the wall. She twisted her body midair and kicked off the wall the way a competitive swimmer would kick off the wall in a pool. She sailed upwards and grabbed the overhead light that hung from the ceiling. Venom growled and leaped upwards with his jaws wide open. Not very brightly, aren't you? Natasha thought as she dropped off the light just as Venom jaws closed onto the light, breaking metal, glass and wires. It was more than just a nasty taste as his entire body jolted from the electricity that coursed through his body.

'Eddie Brock, this is last chance to stand down or be brought down.' Natasha warned through panted breaths as Venom dropped to the ground choking and coughing, the symbiote quivered.

'We...I...We...I don't want to hurt you...we...we...we...' Venom gasped with traces of Eddie surfacing from within the monster. 'We...We want to kill you!' Venom leaped forwards and caught her squarely in her chest and together they shot towards the concrete wall and smashed through it like it was Styrofoam. Natasha tasted blood and felt it in her lungs. As concrete chunks and dust flew around them, somehow she found the clarity and strength within herself to remove the wrist mounted guns from one wrist.

'You forced me!' She screamed as she fiercely shoved her gun down his throat and forced his mouth closed. There was a pregnant pause as lady and monster flew through the warehouse out into the stormy night. Then a muffled boom within Venom sounded as the gun he swallowed exploded.

With the rain falling fast and heavy onto her, Natasha laid on the wet grass in a puddle of mud and she pushed the unconscious Venom off her and he flopped to the side and she laid in the mud spread eagle. With a painful wince, she reached for her ear and pressed a tiny button shaped like a black ear stud.

'This is Widow to Fury.' She spoke through the pain, with every word she said a sharp pain shot through her chest. She hadn't been this messed up literally on the inside in a while. The fighter within her was frustrated that though she had won, it was a slim victory.

'Widow?' Nick Fury's voice boomed over the radio. 'Is the package secured?'

'Package is secured.' Natasha turned her head to look at the still unconscious Venom. 'He will be out for at least a week but he's alive.'

To be continued...

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Eddie Brock back as Venom, Nice!

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

He looked up at the grey zinc roofed ceiling and for a brief moment, he thought he saw Gwen Stacy's face looking down at him. He blinked and she was gone, of course she was never really there to begin with. Gwen...he thought and his heart wrenched. Every ounce in him was screaming that this was clearly a bad idea but he had to...for Gwen's sake

Did Gwen and Eddie date? Or is that a residual flashback from Peter's time in the symbiote? Could you clarify that for me

Other than that, very good, well done

Dober_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@4donkeyjohnson: Well actually I completely just made that up. Eddie and Gwen never dated in comics. Although out of the comic universe, in the Spectacular Spider-Man series, Eddie Brock seemed to be an item with Gwen in the beginning of the first season, man I enjoyed that series so much!

I guess I should have added in the beginning that this isn't based in the Marvel universe that we know and love.

But thanks for the feedback! Working on #2 right now.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@dober_man: Better (as in without the "who would win?" add-on)! This bit:

'What does SHIELD want with us?' Venom growled and let out a beastly roar. 'No matter because we don't want anything to do with SHIELD!' he yelled and pounced at Black Widow with the tenacity of a hungry beast eager to feed.

It reads funny. I get what you're trying to do but it reads a bit messy. Do I have a better suggestion, no! Too much beastly roar, hungry beast almost double describing what is happening. Other than that, good!