Usagi Usagi no Mi, Model: Pooka

#1 Posted by Racob7 (10092 posts) - - Show Bio

This mythical zoan type devil fruit let the user transform into a pooka, a rabbit-like fairy creature from Celtic folklore that is believed to be the most powerful of fairies. The user has the same sort of abilities as a user of the ordinary rabbit fruit such as high speed and impressive jumping but to an even higher degree. They also have great hearing due to their large ears. The mythical power that the pooka fruit gives its user is the power to be unnoticed. This isn't just invisibility, it completely suppresses the user's presence so that the only way for someone to know the pooka is there is to touch it which will probably only happen if the swift rabbit decides to let itself be touched. The awakened fruit lets the user selectively pick who can and cannot see them and gives the user a more powerful rabbit form that is almost like a big tough were rabbit.

No Caption Provided

#2 Edited by FicOPedia (2207 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7: This is somewhat interesting, but how is this fan-fic?

#3 Posted by Racob7 (10092 posts) - - Show Bio

@ficopedia: It's not a story but it's something fan made based in an already existing fictional world so I consider it fan fiction in the same way I'd consider the character sheet of someone's OC fan fiction. I figured that some people would disagree though and I'll move it to off-topic if becomes a big deal.

#4 Posted by FicOPedia (2207 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7: No, that makes sense. I was just trying to understand what it was. I'm actually familiar with the term "pooka," but not the thing you were connecting it to here. Cool stuff.

#5 Edited by Racob7 (10092 posts) - - Show Bio

@ficopedia: Oh, it's a devil fruit from One Piece. They're magical fruits that give different superpowers. There are different categories, zoan category fruits give you the abilities of an animal and this fruit that I've created is a mythical zoan which is one that gives you the powers of a mythical animal or being. It's a model of the usagi usagi no mi which is the rabbit rabbit fruit.

Have you seen the movie Harvey? That's where the picture is from and it has a pooka in it whose name is Harvey.

#6 Posted by FicOPedia (2207 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7: Oh, no! lol Actually, I didn't know any of that stuff. "Pooka" goes back farther than all that though- it's a mythical creature that could turn into other animals, if I'm remembering right. It's been a long time since I'd seen the term.

#7 Posted by Racob7 (10092 posts) - - Show Bio

@ficopediaI know that the pooka is a very old myth.

#8 Posted by FicOPedia (2207 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7: lol, ...um...I was...I was giving exposition for future readers. Yeah! Yeah! That's it! ;)