#1 Edited by batkevin74 (15261 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

15th July 2002, The Élysée Palace

French President Jacques Chirac looked at the young woman standing before him. She was beautiful, plain and simple. Her blonde hair was pulled back in a ponytail, her green eyes piercing, The Vietnam Veterans t-shirt hugged her torso.

“C'est elle.” said Minister for the Interior Nicolas Sarkozy. “La femme qui t'a sauvé la vie.”

Chirac was perplexed. “On m'a dit que les spectateurs ont sorti l'assassin?”

“C'est le conte que nous racontons parce que ce que cette femme a fait est tout simplement incroyable!” Sarkozy told him. “Elle h…”

“Nicolas! La jeune femme est là, utilise son nom!” Chirac snapped.

“Rencontrez Isabelle Cheval,” Sarkozy said. “Elle peut en quelque sorte créer ... jeune fille, s'il vous plaît montrez-lui ce que vous pouvez faire, car je n'ai pas les mots.”

Isabelle smirked folded her arms, around her the air seemingly shimmered and hardened into what could only be described as a forcefield. She moved her arms and projected it around Jacques. The President was dumbfounded.

“C'est mon cadeau, Monsieur le Président.” Isabelle said. “C'est pour vous protéger, vous et la France, du mal.”

__

Don’t speak Goggle Francais? Well this’ll help

15th July 2002, The Élysée Palace

French President Jacques Chirac looked at the young woman standing before him. She was beautiful, plain and simple. Her blonde hair was pulled back in a ponytail, her green eyes piercing, The Vietnam Veterans t-shirt hugged her torso.

“This is her,” said Minister for the Interior Nicolas Sarkozy. “The woman who saved your life.”

Chirac was perplexed. “I was told that bystanders took out the assassin?”

“This is the tale we tell because what this woman did is nothing short of incredible!” Sarkozy told him. “She h…”

“Nicolas! The young lady is right there, use her name!” Chirac snapped.

“Meet Isabelle Cheval,” Sarkozy said. “She somehow can create...young lady, please show him what you can do, as I have not the words.”

“This is my gift, Mr. President,” Isabelle said. “It is to keep you and France safe from harm.”

Isabelle Cheval was the distant protector of the President at home and abroad. Other agencies; like the CIA, MI6, ASIO, were dumbfounded at the seemingly lack of protection the French President had. Just his P.A and four guards. And for some reason the P.A stayed whilst the President changed.

Isabelle was tested by the best France had to offer. Poked, prodded, analysed, x-rayed and studied. But nothing. There was no reason why she could do what she did, she just could. And so, they kept her a secret in plain sight.

Isabelle was regarded by the few who knew what she was as Joan of Arc returned. Isabelle had no such delusions. She was happy to serve, even happier that the job paid extremely well which could take care of her elderly parents and her brother with special needs. They were also extensively tested until her father, Maurice, had a heart attack during a session and Isabelle told them no more.

For years it was believed that she was the only one with these god-like gifts. And then Impossible Man arrived on YouTube. The General Directorate for External Security went to extraordinary lengths to hamper, limit, and restrict his videos within France, using techniques stolen from China and their “Great Fire Wall” but they knew eventually Isabelle would see them. But then Americans themselves did an excellent job of making a potential super human into a ludicrous reality show that it just played as preposterous, coupled with the lies about a freak meteor storm when he died, turned the whole thing into a circus at best, a hoax at worst.

But then Mark Metcalf arrived in spectacular fashion. Exploding onto the world in front as naked as the day he was born minutes after an award show in Hollywood. And those who poked, prodded, analysed, x-rayed and studied wanted to see this special American boy who for some reason had gripped the world in a frenzy like The Beatles if they could fly.

__

Isabelle despised her call sign of Receveur, or Catcher in English. It was appropriate, but she didn’t like it. She simply wanted to be Agent Cheval, or Number 1, or something other than what she was called. Regardless she did her job, served France to the best of her abilities, and the world kept turning.

#2 Posted by Time_Phantom (831 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! More super people! I love her attitude. Loves her government without being crazy. (Unlike another super person who is totally crazy.)

#3 Posted by batkevin74 (15261 posts) - - Show Bio

@time_phantom: Thought it would be a nice change, more bureaucrat and public servant than zealot. But something tells me Isabelle and Carla are going to clash

#4 Posted by cbishop (15500 posts) - - Show Bio

...something tells me Isabelle and Carla are going to clash

If they don't, it's a total waste. You've certainly set up the classic irresistible force vs. immovable object scenario. :)

P.S. I hate the Google translate thing. I know, I know, it's realistic, but I much prefer the "<>" and "*translated from the [foreign language]." lol

#5 Posted by batkevin74 (15261 posts) - - Show Bio

@cbishop: I'm big in France! :) Writing for my legions of beret wearing, bicycle riding, cigarette smoking, lovers who shall swarm over my works as I've used their language

Plus it was fun and a challenge

#6 Posted by Time_Phantom (831 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: Yeah they're gonna fight. It'll just happen. As for your French legions... Jealous!