Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Continued from here part 2

Ice Berg Lounge, Gotham City

Green Arrow sits on a roof across the street watching people enter. He turns at the sound of footsteps behind him, "Hey Speedy."

Roy Harper gives an annoyed look, "Its Arsenal, now."

Green Arrow chuckles, "What brings you to Gotham?"

"Same as you. Why aren't you down there?"

He points down, "There's a who's who of Batman's B and C list down there, all celebrating. Figure if I wait a bit a bigger fish will take the bait."

Roy leans over, "Bait?"

He then tossed Roy a comm, "Canary says, Penguin isn't in there."

Roy nods, "So Cobblepot is trying to get Joker out in the open before he has a chance to get to him."

Green Arrow patted him on the back, "You're getting good, Speedy."

Black Canary sits on the roof of the Lounge listening to the patrons with a device. She over heard a loud clang and people beginning to panic as she hit her comm, "Ollie, get moving."

He and Roy landed on the street as large security doors slammed down in front of the exits and windows. Green Arrow kicked over a trash can as he called back, "Penguin set up a damned fortress."

Canary looked around and saw Joker standing on a roof holding a trigger device, "Oh S**t."

"Ollie, get ready to catch me."

She leapt off the roof just as Joker hit the trigger. A fire ball launched through the roof as she landed on a net Green Arrow had put up for her. As she got down Oliver looked her over, "You okay?"

She nodded, "Penguin set them up, he's letting Joker thin out the competition."

Roy sighed, "Makes sense, the regular crooks have been in hiding since the clown started his rampage and the bodies from the costume crowd keep piling up. Just caught a report on the police band that said they just found Zsasz sliced up like a Christmas ham, and they found Two Face cut in half."

Green Arrow shook his head, "He's getting his sense of humor back."

Nepali Airspace

Dick, Tim and Jason are flying toward Nanda Parbat in a League Javelin. Jason is adjusting the glider pack on his back, "One of those beam things would've been quicker."

Dick nodded, "And easier to track. You clear on the plan?"

Jason nodded then looked to Tim, "Is he?"

Dick gave a wary look, "He's good."

Tim glared back from the controls, "We're coming to the drop point."

As Jason jumped out Dick picked his glider pack and looked back to Tim, "You sure you're up for this?"

Tim turned away, "I can handle it."

Dick gave a nod as Tim slowed the Javelin, "See you on the ground."

He then jumped from the ship.

As Jason descended on the main entrance he aimed a rocket launcher at the main gate, "Knock, knock."

The explosion set off many alarms and Ra's men flooded the main courtyard. Jason hurled dozens of explosives and smoke pellets as he landed and began taking them down in the confusion.

He'd taken down nearly half of them when an arrow landed at his foot. He instinctively jumped away just before a device on the arrow sent out a shock wave that cleared the smoke along with the rest of Ra's' men.

Jason looked up to see an archer dressed in black, "Merlyn?"

The archer gave a nod.

Dick sat a few yards from the rear entrance when he heard the explosions. He chuckled to himself, "He makes a fine distraction."

He then made his way into the place, easily dispatching the few guards that remained. He then shot a grapple line up and took to the rafters as a man walked in, "You missed a camera Grayson."

Dick looked down and recognized the man as David Cain, "It's always something."

He looked up but saw nothing as he continued, "So what's the plan here kid, beat a confession out of Ra's? You'd have had better luck trying to out run the Flash."

"Maybe."

David got a grin as he threw a rope over a rafter and tied the other end to a bar on the wall. As he climbed up he shouted, "Did you think I couldn't fin you up there?"

Cain crept along the beam as Dick spoke, "Guess you're just to clever for me."

He then came up to a beam in deep shadow and came around expecting to catch Grayson. He stopped and noticed a small speaker that Dick spoke through, "I've been at this a while."

A dart then hit Cain in the neck as Dick dropped down, "Pays to have a martian friend."

David began to waiver, "Clever."

Dick then shot out a grapple line to catch Cain before he hit the floor. He then hit his comm, "All clear."

In front Jason was dodging arrows as Merlyn was becoming frustrated. Jason kept him from getting a clear shot with a variety of devices, smoke pellets, explosives and flash/bang grenades were going off all around when Merlyn ran out of arrows.

Jason then charged to try and take him down. Merlyn side stepped and drove an elbow into Jason's neck sending him to the ground. He then kicked him in the side. As Jason rolled he grabbed Merlyn's leg and flipped him to the ground. He then jumped to his feet and attempted to stomp on the archer.

Merlyn caught his foot and punched him hard in the knee before rising and driving a shoulder into Jason's gut lifting him up. He then slammed him down and grabbed an arrow from the ground. He stepped over Jason and began to speak.

He was halted as a bullet tore through his shoulder. Jason then rose and hit him with a taser. Dick then came through on the comm, "What was that?"

Jason shrugged, "Relax, he ain't dead. All clear."

Ra's rose from a monitor bank, "Our guests have arrived."

Ubu was about to leave the room when an explosion went off leaving a large hole in the roof. He looked up just in time to see Tim's boot before he crashed into his shoulder snapping his collar bone. He then took out the last of the guards with a stun grenade.

Ra's shrugged, "That was unnecessary."

Tim looked confused as Ra's casually took a seat on a sofa, "I assume the others will be here shortly."

Dick then kicked open the door as Jason crashed through a window. Ra's rolled his eyes, "The Detective was much more subtle."

Ra's then looked to Dick, "I did not kill Bruce Wayne."

Jason huffed, "And I guess we're just supposed to take your word."

Ra's turned to face him, "I lost my only true family because of my association with him, if it were me, you three would have died before him."

Jason moved towards Ra's but Dick stopped him, "He doesn't leave loose ends."

Ra's then pointed to a computer screen, "I believe you know this man?"

They turned to see an enhanced satellite image of a man entering Wayne manor on the night Bruce died. Ra's then continued, "He's one of the few assassins that can rival my League in skill."

Jason and Tim's eyes went wide as Dick clenched his fist.

Gotham city.

Bane looked down on the bodies of Killer Croc and realized he'd just walked into a trap. He jumped away as a heavy load of bricks dropped down. He angrily shouted, "Did you think you could kill me like this, clown."

A bullet then tore through his skull as Joker stepped from the shadows, "Not for a second."

Joker then stepped over his body.

As he stepped out of the warehouse machine guns began to fire. He ducked behind a dumpster as Penguin and several armed thugs approached, " I figured you'd just gas the place. Blowing up my Lounge like that is going to send my insurance through the roof."

Joker chuckled a bit, "You don't have a roof anymore."

Penguin and his men walked forward as Joker slipped back into the warehouse. Penguin stepped in, "I should probably thank you. After the last few days, I'm the only game in town."

His thugs began firing as they assumed they'd found him but all they did was shred a mannequin with bullets. As they stepped toward it two got stuck in snares that dragged them away screaming.

The remaining three became nervous when the screams suddenly stopped. Penguin sighed, "Eyes open boys, the place is probably loaded with traps."

A voice rang out, "You know me well, Oswald."

A grenade with a smiley face then dropped in front of them. Penguin pushed one of his men over on it to contain the blast as he and the other two jumped back.

Suddenly the last of Penguin's men dropped. He looked down and saw arrows in their shoulders. A voice came from a few yards away, "They're down for the count, Pudgy."

He looked up to see Green Arrow, "You think I'm afraid of a second rate Robin Hood knock off?"

Joker screamed, "No!"

He then came from the shadows shooting at Green Arrow, "No substitutions."

Arrow jumped for cover as Penguin turned to shoot Joker. Joker hit him across the face with a crowbar, then seemed to forget he was there as he moved toward Green Arrow, "You think you can just take his city now? You think I'd let that happen?"

Green Arrow hit his comm, "You guys ready?"

Joker kicked away the crate Green Arrow was hiding behind as a red arrow hit him in the leg. It sent out a shock that brought the Joker to his knees. He looked up with a hateful glare as Green Arrow struck him on the side of the head with his bow.

Roy then stepped out, "That was easier than I thought."

Green Arrow nodded, "He was off his game."

Metropolis, Home of Lex Luthor.

Lex sat reading when Dick crashed through his window. He snatched him up and slammed him into the wall. Lex had an amused look, "Took you a bit longer than I thought. I greatly overestimated you."

Dick was nearly growling as Tim and Jason entered, "Where is he?"

Lex threw up his hands, "Who knows. Though I will say, he gave me a hell of a discount. All he asked was to send you on a wild goose chase and give you this."

He pulled an envelope out of his pocket, "Bruce was my target, but you're his."

A man stands over a grave stone, he places a hand on it. He then drops a rose on the grave and sits down behind it waiting.

(To be concluded)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@joshmightbe: Uh oh why do I have a bad feeling about the fate of the Three Robins?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By joshmightbe
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 1092

@joshmightbe: I think my favorite line in this was:

Green Arrow shook his head, "He's getting his sense of humor back."

But

Joker screamed, "No!"

He then came from the shadows shooting at Green Arrow, "No substitutions."

was a close second. The characterization in this feels goooood. Looking forward to the finish. Added to my FF Long Box - Authors. :)