Thor's Strange Achievement

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Thor, the mighty super-warrior, confident with his triumphs with his special magic hammer, decided to mingle in the ways of men and try to be an undercover citizen civil servant. Only, in the office, Thor discovers all kinds of claustrophobic frustrations associated with modern age bureaucracy. Thor goes insane.

Thor decides to randomly break up chunks of the main street road by his office with his hammer and then sends an editorial to the local newspaper: "This disgruntled citizen seeks to break up roads with intent to have the same wasted tax-payer money otherwise used to create employment-labor pockets (which break up roads intentionally and then repair them with tax-payer moneyed salaries) to actually declare a citizen's right to break up roads for these laborers." Thor realizes his post sounded too optimistic.

Thor then attacked the municipal building (with his hammer) but was confined and incarcerated thanks to the help of some random brutish cops who happened to be stationed near there coincidentally for another (harmless) purpose. Thor received a lawyer from the state and when asked, "Why did you do it?" he replied, "I needed to make an anti-establishmentarianism statement, since I gave up my right to secretly mingle in human civilization for frustration with tax mismanagement by the American government." At the trial, Thor was convicted of attempted assault and defamation of property. Thor plead guilty but was granted one final statement: "I, Thor, go to jail so others may find inspiration from my anarchism experiments!" Then, Thor fell down. His hammer was put away in a museum. You can find articles from this hyped museum on the Internet.

No Caption Provided

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1068

@Abishai100: You have done a lot of these very short stories now. In their simplicity, they remind me of those one or two-page stories in comics from the 1970's and further back. Still, there is something missing in your stories. I feel there's a really good story waiting to get out of your head, but you're not really taking the time to find it. You throw the suggestion of a story out there, like someone fishing with cotton candy for bait. It grabs the eye, looks enticing in the air, but then dissolves to nothing when it hits the water.