The Writers Guild Presents: 9/20/13

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By dngn4774

It's been a slow week on the vine, but let's hope this makes up for it. Today we have two brand new issues from the Writers Guild that are going to shock and awe. Let's take a look!

Showcasing his latest work from the eliteA.A.R.S.S. group, @batkevin74 presents... A.A.R.S.S. King Surfer King.

A.A.R.S.S: Every bad, horrible, badly thought out, drunkenly created hero & villain from the minds of those here on CV given the chance to shine! Attempting to prove there are no bad characters. Join us for the adventures of Grappling Cook, Spatulus, Space Horse, Dish-Man, Barf Man and many many others!

Part 1:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/a-a-r-s-s-chapter-1-the-pain-in-1495085/#21

Part 2:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/a-a-r-s-s-chapter-2-the-a-a-r-s-s-strikes-back-1496521/#15

A.A.R.S.S: King Surfer King

An old man slowly got out of his hammock to greet the morning sun. The waves lapped the shores of Kauō, making him smile. He gathered up his long board and his duck feeding bag to head out for a surf.

He loved it here. The quiet atoll that only scientists and eco-tourists came to visit occasionally, mainly to see the Laysan ducks that he fed. The serenity, the waves, and the ducks made him at peace with himself. Forgetting the past where he was once…

“King Surfer King!” roared Jellyfisher, the opaque gelatinous criminal who terrorized the Hawaiian islands “How did you escape my atomic barracuda men?”

King Surfer King curled his lip and smiled as he flew in on his magically long board “Seems I wasn’t on the menu!”

Jellyfisher fired his octo-gun at the tall bronzed surfer, the searing plasma globs narrowly missing their targets due to the swerving skills of King Surfer King. The surfer of the skies returned fire from his mystical bracelets, sending magical electrical bolts into the coral platform. The blubberous criminal stood on. Jellyfisher lost his balance and King Surfer King swept in and punched him right in the nose, knocking him into the blue waters of Hawaii.

“Your crime spree is over Hoaloha!” smiled King Surfer King as he hovered over the unconscious Jellyfisher floating on the surface like a plastic bag.

“Keen!” shouted Jet Ski Jenny, who arrived at the scene on her custom made craft.

“Couldn’t have done it without you Jenny” replied King Surfer King. “Those atomic barracuda men nearly had me.”

“Aw, weren’t nuthin!” shushed Jenny as she revved her jetski. “Aloha!” And with that she bounced off across the waves.

King Surfer King gathered up the Jellyfisher and headed back to the Big Island to drop him to his contact at the Pearl City police department Captain Danno MacGarrett.

-Maybe I should take up that charter- he pondered.

The old man caught his last wave and headed into shore. As he trudged up the beach and noticed seven men on the escarpment. He looked up and saw them, all dressed in tartan ninja suits, arms folded with their sporrans gently flapping in the morning breeze. He scowled and chocked the surfboard into the sand.

“Can I help you?”

“Yoo are the one known as King Surfer King, yes?” came the odd faux Scottish accent.

“Not anymore.” He picked up the board and tucked it under his arm and walked towards them.

“Yoo are the founder of A.A.R.S.S!” hissed another.

“Son, that was nearly sixty years ago” replied the old man “I’ve done so much more since then.”

“Are you King Surfer King?”

He curled his lip in trademarked style “What if I say no?”

“Kill him!” and the seven Scottish ninjas drew weapons and surrounded him.

“I’m too old for this!”

@tommythehitman has also brought us a new issue from the SWGOT group. The following entry is SWGOT: Inquisitor Mathias #3.

Mathias 1

Mathias 2

Korriban, Chamber of the Dark Council

"Well Mathias?" Darth Krotia asked. "Do you accept your position as our newest member?"

Mathias frowned as he was surrounded by the Dark Council. It took all his restraint to refrain from pulling out his lightsaber.

"I assume... by newest member you mean HEAD of the Council?" Mathias asked through gritted teeth.

Several of the members laughed at the very idea.

"Please Mathias. If you honestly think you're more powerful then all of us you're clearly delusional."

"Not more powerful!" Mathias said with a smile. " More Crafty!"

"Whatever you think you are we couldn't care less! Do you accept your new position or not?!"

"No." Mathias said as he walked through the chamber doors.

"Well... if you do not accept you do realize you can't leave here alive..." Darth (Member of the Council) said. "After all you did kill one our members. Murder. Granted he was pathetic but murder non the less."

Two honor guards stepped out from behind the door. Both holding their sabers in Mathias' way.

"Weaklings." Mathias muttered as he quickly lopped off both of their heads.

"Take my advice." Mathias said as he walked onto the elevator. "Don't try to follow me." He said as the doors closed shut.

Join us next Friday, September 20th for an all new showcase and remember to read, enjoy, and comment!

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@batkevin74: Loved it! Wish it was longer! ...(Sorry, I know you've heard that too many times before) <whistles innocently>

@tommythehitman: Definitely very short. ...(See aside to batkevin) Sith have an honor guard? Sith have honor?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

@cbishop: Well King Surfer King was just something to tie ME over whilst waiting for @joshmightbe to do chapter 3 of A.A.R.S.S.The more I write and think about these horrible things people created, the better they can become! I'm starting to swing to the side of there are no bad characters just bad writers!

Given some time, some polish every character no matter how "rubbish" can be good, or at least well written so that you care about them.

But this length you speak of...your mother doesn't seem to mind ;)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: LMAO...she wouldn't- she loves doing small favors for people.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cbishop

@batkevin74: Oh, and I agree about the "no bad characters" thing. I never throw away an idea, no matter how stupid it seems at first, because eventually, something will bring me back to it, and suddenly it'll get better and better and better. I made a character called "Boob Girl" once, as an inside joke with a girlfriend...that character has since morphed into something much, much better.

P.S. Tell @joshmightbe that his chapter has to be chapter 4 now. ;)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By TommytheHitman
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Been having technical difficulties but chapter 3 will be up soon

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe: It'll be chapter 3, this was just an interlude/aside dealing with King Surfer King who I briefly mentioned in the opening of chapter 1. Looking forward to what you've got instore! :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Where did you get the inspiration for this character? Was it just from the Elvis pick or were there more sources that inspired you?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: I had the idea for someone called Surfer King, envisioned as a Polynesian surfer type guy but I couldn't find a picture that I liked of that. Then for some reason I thought why not make him Japanese with one of those dumb names that overexplain or silly like August General In Iron.

But once again couldn't find a picture, but I liked the name. Then since it was 1957 I thought what if there was a Hawaiian guy in his 20's who looked like Elvis but wasn't Elvis. In 1957 Elvis Presley was doing Jailhouse rock and on his way up and hadn't begun his Hawaiian love affair so it all clicked into place.

King Surfer King somehow got a magical surfboard and bracelets and viola. But now its 2013, he's now an old man who likes to surf, his super hero days are a thing of the distant past.Any other details I will make up as we go along, but this was the basics for the founder of A.A.R.S.S

One origin of the origin of King Surfer King :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: ...Then since it was 1957 I thought what if there was a Hawaiian guy in his 20's who looked like Elvis but wasn't Elvis. In 1957 Elvis Presley was doing Jailhouse rock and on his way up and hadn't begun his Hawaiian love affair so it all clicked into place.

If you're going to make him a guy who looks like Elvis but isn't Elvis, then he has to be the long lost twin of Elvis, who in truth died at birth, but wouldn't it be cool if he hadn't? ;)

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop said:

@batkevin74 said:

@dngn4774: ...Then since it was 1957 I thought what if there was a Hawaiian guy in his 20's who looked like Elvis but wasn't Elvis. In 1957 Elvis Presley was doing Jailhouse rock and on his way up and hadn't begun his Hawaiian love affair so it all clicked into place.

If you're going to make him a guy who looks like Elvis but isn't Elvis, then he has to be the long lost twin of Elvis, who in truth died at birth, but wouldn't it be cool if he hadn't? ;)

Or maybe Elvis never died on the toilet! *adds pause for suspense*

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

Elvis didn't die! He just went home! (Didn't you ever see Men In Black?) ;)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cbishop
dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dngn4774

@cbishop said:

@dngn4774 said:

xD I loved that part

@cbishop said:

@dngn4774 said:

Who will appear on the next season of The Walking Dead!!! (please be true)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

@batkevin74

Loved the new AARSS Chapter. King Surfer King FTW

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dngn4774

bump

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I've been sick for the last few days but hopefully I'll have chapter 3 up this weekend

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe:

No real rush, it is just fan fiction. Hope you're on the mend

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I'm pretty much ok now, basically I accidentally poisoned myself while fixing my lawn mower so it was my own fault I got sick.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers