The Writers Guild Presents: 11/29/13

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By dngn4774

Today we have another publication from the Writers Guild. @the_poet is out due to the holiday weekend so I'm filling in.

Here is @batkevin74's take on the DC “event” Underworld Unleashed: Patterns of Fear #1.

I can’t remember BEFORE the pain.

Every memory is tinged with the constant dull ache. Every new experience comes with it automatically included.

It just hurts, all the time.

And now like some dark messiah, he offers to fix it all…for a price.

Now I personally don’t know if there’s a heaven or hell. I’ve seen things that would make a case for either but as for my personal belief in an afterlife, in this profession it’s almost just a nap! Superman, Hal, even Ollie have “gone” and come back. But he’s a bad guy, a demon!

But he’s offered something no one else has been able to since it happened…relief! He claims he doesn’t want much, just my soul and skills. And the offer is oh so tempting, most deals too good to be true are.

He sounds like the son of an televangelist and car insurance salesman dipped in honey. Every word dripped with endless treasure and no possible consequence. A smile that came right out of a cheesy commercial, complete with “ring of confidence” shine. The more he talks, its hypnotic!

No Caption Provided

He sweetens the deal. He wants to make me into Superman, beyond him. He replays my worst moment over and over and over again showing how it could’ve been different. The deal gets better and better for something that scientifically I know isn’t there but fundamentally is a part of a person! Is the price worth the promise?

Neron gives of a microsnarl and turns to me, his large frame standing over me in my chair, “So Barbara, do we have a deal?”

I grip the sides of my wheelchair as I exhale, “Sure”

And with that my career as a hero ended!

The next edition will be published on Friday, December 6th. Please remember to read, comment, and enjoy!

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Interesting. Can't wait to see where Hell's Librarian is going to get up too.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#5  Edited By cbishop

@batkevin74: I dunno...I can see the temptation for a paralyzed person, but it doesn't ring true of Barbara Gordon. I'm stuck on that thought, as taking the deal is where it ended. It's not a bad cliffhanger spot, but a better one might have been some tantalizing hint at why she would take the deal- something more than "I don't believe I have a soul." <shrugs> I'd read more though.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

Hmmm this isn't your best work. Just saying, its okay but I have seen better from you

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

There is a Writer's Guild?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a Writer's Guild?

Fancy name for a fan-fic group that gets its stuff pinned in the forum once a week. ;)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cbishop

dupe post - content edited out since I couldn't get it to delete properly. -cb

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 230

@batkevin74: Was this supposed to be part of the DC Re-Created Underworld Unleashed?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@ficopedia: Nah it was just an Elseworlds idea, not connected to anything

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers