The Strangearium: The Guy

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By waezi2

Reality is DVD, the universe is a blueray, life is YouTube and humans are fish baked in tomatoes.

You are now in the Strangearium.

Joe was just one of those kind of guys.

The kind of guy no one seemed to like or wanted to spend any time with or even talk to at all. It was quite possible that everyone hated him.

Or it sure as hell seemed so for Joe. He had no friends, no one responded to his friend requests on Facebook and no one talked to him at the office. And when they looked at him, they just stared at him with dead eyes. It was as if any emotion on their faces disappeared when they had eye contact with Joe. Possibly with the exception of contempt.

And it was the same when Joe wasn't at work. None of his neighbors ever spoke to him and his landlord never spoke a word to him, not even when Joe was late on the rent. And it was even worse when Joe went out shopping as people went out of their way to evade being near him. Even the check-out assistant refused to say anything but how much Joe had to pay for his groceries.

One of the worst days in Joe's life was the day he decided to go to a strip club. Everyone inside the club stopped whatever they were doing as soon as he stepped inside. The music stopped, the stripper just sat on the chair she had been dancing around and crossed her arms, and everyone else just gave Joe the same look of disapproval he was used to. He sighed as he went to the bar and asked for a beer.

And then the bartender just poured the beer on the counter.

"I have to serve you, but I don't have to provide you a glass. Now drink up and leave!"

Everyone in the club waited for Joe to lick up his beer and leave. As Joe left the club, he decided to take a stroll in the local park. But as he was minding his own business, a man jumped out of a bush and pulled a pocket knife out from his jacket. He was about to demand Joe's wallet... But then their eyes met. The mugger just looked at Joe with silent contempt and left without a word.

Knowing that not even a dang mugger wanted to rob him broke Joe's spirit. He sat on a dirty bench in the park and asked out loud:

"Why the heck is everyone so mean to me!?"

A man passed by the bench and said:

"Because you're Joseph Stalin."

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#3 wildvine  Moderator

@waezi2: Have you thought about writing bizarro fiction? You could be good at it.

I chuckled at this. I admit it.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

I read it. That's all I've got.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop said:

I read it. That's all I've got.

That bad?

@wildvine said:

@waezi2: Have you thought about writing bizarro fiction? You could be good at it.

I chuckled at this. I admit it.

I enjoy writing without any restrains. Probably why I don't write fan-fics anymore(as in based on someone else´s work)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@waezi2: Nah, not bad. I just had no commentary on this one. It happens.

Avatar image for nemesisreloaded
NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Was well written. I kinda guessed early on he was a famous Joe that nobody would like. Funny how I was thinking "Son of Hitler" but never made the leap to Stalin.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for nemesisreloaded
NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@waezi2: He was worse than Hitler, but for some bizarre reason, as a famous hated Joe, he didn't come to mind.