The Post Humans (New original characters fan fic!)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Part One: James brushed open the door to the cabin, walking in and closing it quickly, making sure not to let any snow in. He tried to look around the room, but even with his keen senses, he couldn’t see through the darkness. He reached for a flashlight in his belt and scanned the room with it. Finally, he found the body. James went by the name of The Missionary…now he had a mission. Missionary crouched over the dead body, looking at a gaping hole in the stomach. He peeled open the flap of skin to find something shocking—all the man’s organs were missing!” Missionary struggled to keep his dinner in his stomach. he had seen much war in his time as a Green Beret, but nothing like this. Being the first post human African American to join the military, he had been under great bigotry, especially after the reveal of post human existence three months ago…so he got himself discharged…he now served with the team of post humans trying to relate to the general public. He realized the gravity of the situation, and went through a list of options in his head. Finally, he thought hard. Jamie…Psy Mind…are you there? I’m here, Missionary. Did you find the body at the lodge? I did…no evidence…whoever did this knew what he was doing. Damn Psy Mind’s soft voice said in his head. That’s where the signal went offline. Can the rest of the team come to help with an examination? We’re a little busy fighting one of Mole Man’s monsters. Meanwhile, in Manhattan: The monster towered over everyone; about sixty feet tall and lizard like, it crawled out of a hole in the ground and was destroying the city. While all this was going on, Psy Mind thought to herself about how all this had happened… It had been three months since the post humans decided to reveal themselves to the world, due to problems with the X Men. The human and mutant races alike felt betrayed that a secret like that would be kept from them for so long. There were mixed feelings about them in mutants and humans…even some of the X Men didn’t trust them. 6 post humans were chosen to as representatives of their race. Heracles, the demi god Heracles, Psy Mind, a telepath with telekinesis, too (Who kept the entire team together by connecting each others thoughts through her….like all post human telepaths, she was psychically connected to all post humans in the world) MPH, a man who could fly at super speeds, and strength proportionate to his speed. Talisman served as a magician for the team, and Circuit, who was a computer hacker with flight and lightning/electricity manipulation. Recently, Psy mind felt a post human’s signal go off (meaning the person died), and located it via telepathy, Missionary was chosen to investigate. It was three days later that one of Mole Man’s monsters (who pops up from time to time) started attacking the city. To try and gain some public support, decided to help. The monster towered over everyone, hurling cars at Heracles, who shrugged it off with little injury, save a bloody nose. Tensing his muscles, he leaped into the air, and smacked the monster. “PSY MIND!” he shouted, “SUSPEND ME!” he barked Psy Mind then used her telekinesis to hold him in the air. “Done,” she replied. He smacked his fist into the monster’s jaw, shattering a few teeth. The thing staggered backwards, and fell to the ground. “On the ground?” Circuit asked, “Good. Let’s keep it there.” Circuit shot lightning from his fingertips, which wrapped around the monster like a rope, holding him to the ground. Still the monster struggled, and Circuit howled in pain as he tried to keep the lightning surrounding him. MPH, noticing Circuit was in trouble, flew around the world to pick up speed, and returned to the original spot, flying through the monster’s stomach, severely weakening it. He flew up, covered in green blood. “Euck.” He said, “This is disgusting…” “Enough!” Talisman shouted, with a stern voice, “time to end this.” out of her satchel, she produced a coin-like talisman, and threw it at the monster, which vanished in a puff of green smoke. “Where’d you send it?” MPH asked. “The moon.” Talisman replied, with little emotion. Heracles bent over holding his legs and breathing heavily. “Now THAT,” he said between breaths, “was a battle.” Later: The newsreel clip popped up on every channel, and the post humans sat back in their headquarters to watch it. “Here,” the reported said, recounting the battle, “the post humans had beaten a monster from underground. Sources say Mole Man sent it, but most are skeptical. Some believe it was a post human experiment, and that they were cleaning up their own mess to make themselves look good—“ Missionary grabbed the remote from Circuit’s hands. “Turn it off.” He said, pressing the power button. “We don’t need to hear this @*#&.” Missionary turned to Psy Mind, “so who do you think killed that guy Missionary found. “We can only guess,” Psy Mind replied, “we can only—“ Suddenly, Psy Mind bolted upright, her head facing the ceiling, and blood dripped down her nose. “Psy Mind…” Circuit questioned. She then started making choking noses, and fell to the ground, and began foaming at the mouth. Heracles threw the couch aside. “PSY MIND!” he shouted! MPH knelt beside her. “I can fly her to a hospital” “What are they going to do?” Missionary screamed, “they can’t treat what they don’t know.” “She’s having a seizure!” Circuit said. “I KNOW!” Missionary barked. “Hold on…” Talisman said, “I’m conjuring up a cure right now.” She placed a talisman in her mouth, and forced her to swallow. Psy Mind coughed like she had been underwater for too long. “So many deaths…she said.” “What?” “I’m connected to every post human….so many signals gone.” Psy Mind answered, as if she was in a trance. “More than 100 dead in a matter of seconds.” “Where” Talisman asked? “Latveria.” “Where’s that?” “It’s a country home to Dictator Victor Von Doom.” “You don’t mean….” Talisman trailed off “Yes….Dr. Doom just killed more than 100 post humans in less than a second.”

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By The Impersonator

Holy Doom! This is an exciting chapter. I can't wait for the next one. But I would have preferred to see this chapter divided into paragraphs. It makes easier for a person to read. I do understand why you wrote this way since you didn't have enough time to do it. On the other hand, you did a great job. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually can't divide it into paragraphs. I can only get on CV in a library that uses IE, and with IE, you can't bold/italicize/underline, etc. It also doesn't let you write a story in paragraph form.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Part Two: Avengers Mansion: Then: Psy Mind connected the team together through her telepathy, as they all briefed each other on the plan. You sure we need to steal a quinjet from the Avengers? MPH thought What would they do? They don’t trust us! Heracles thought back we’re their species long lost secret. The brother they never knew they had…why would they even believe us? Doctor Doom is killing post humans this is a job for other post humans. Enough! Both of you! Talisman snapped. You all know the plan. Circuit will be using electricity manipulation to get Missionary in undetected for the plan. Heracles is back up…extra muscle in case something goes wrong. As long as Missionary holds my talisman, he’s invisible and intangible. Psy Mind will warn us if an Avenger picks up Missionary’s trail. MPH will be hacking the system. Using super speed to try every possible password to open up anything we can’t open. Sound like a plan? All good here MPH thought. Later: As Missionary reached his destination, he noticed Captain America checking the only available quinjet. Instinctively, Missionary stood at attention for his idol. “Damn he’s good.” He whispered under his breath. Captain America looked up. HE HEARD YOU! Psy Mind shouted! The pain from the shout in his head caused Missionary to grab it, and accidentally, he dropped the talisman. “YOU!” Cap shouted, pouncing toward him. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!” “You wouldn’t believe me if I told you, Cap….I need a quinjet.” “What for?” After a long period of silence, Missionary answered: “We need to take down Doctor Doom.” Cap grew tense…. “You just snuck in here and I’m supposed to BELIEVE you?” There’s something wrong communicated Psy Mind he-he’s being manipulated…some kind of outside force. Doctor Doom does know magic…one of the greatest sorcerers there is…Circuit thought. Cap lunged at Missionary, pouncing on him. He bashed his face in with his shield. Missionary intercepted the next blow. “I don’t want to fight you, Cap.” He said. He then threw an uppercut to Cap’s jaw, and swung his legs around, knocking him off of him. “But I will if I have to.” Cap threw his shield, while Missionary flipped over it. I’M COMING TO HELP! Heracles thought. NO! STAY OUT OF THIS! Missionary responded THIS IS MY FIGHT! Missionary withdrew a small handgun, and while Cap was moving for his shield, he shot him in the leg with amazing accuracy. Cap fell to the floor with a thud. “Please, Cap, don’t do this. Cap leg swept Missionary, and slammed a crushing left hook. Missionary pulled out a knife and slashed Cap across the face, then kicked him in the gut. He grabbed Cap’s arm and twisted it behind his back, holding the knife to his neck. “I know you can hear me, Doom.” Missionary said. “I know you’re controlling him…you think I haven’t done my homework? If I kill Cap, you die, too. RELEASE HIM!” Missionary thought to the group, Heracles, get in here and prep the jet, we won’t have much time before Cap regains his senses. Talisman…use your magic to counter Doom. Psy Mind, shut down Cap’s brain, knock him out…the rest of you…get in the Quinjet and get out of here. Later: After hours of silence in the quinjet, Heracles spoke. “How did we know it was Doom controlling Cap.?” “Cap’s isn’t ready to fight that easily.” Missionary replied. “I know he’s your idol, but maybe—“ “It was Doom.” Talisman interrupted, “My magics were able to repress his…at least temporarily.” “Maybe it was Doom.” Psy Mind said. “See, we can’t see past a maybe.” Heracles replied. “Well, how did he know we were gunning for him?” Psy Mind snapped. “He is one of the most powerful sorcerers…” Talisman said. “ENOUGH, ALL OF YOU!” Missionary said, angered like nobody had seen him. “I don’t care if it was Doom or not….he killed more than 100 of our kind on less than one second. We’re taking the fight to him. We take him out…”

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The Impersonator

@primepower53: Oh yeah, I had that same problem as well. Until I installed the Google Chrome browser. You should let the librarian know about Google Chrome. It's way better than IE. :P

By the way, the second chapter was great. Nice job! :)

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Project_Worm
@primepower53:  
Greatness!! Looking forward to more. 

@The Impersonator:  
Chrome is boss...
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The Impersonator

@Project_Worm: Yep, it is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll let her know about Chrome, but I doubt she'll change anything... I THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK!!!

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The Impersonator

@primepower53: No problem! :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably have chapter three up by friday-monday.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By InnerVenom123

Great stuff! My only problem is that Talisman's powers are a bit too strong. It makes you wonder why she didn't just send the Mole Monster to the Moon in the first place.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.