The New Teen Titans #3: The Last Day of Warworld, Part 3

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop
DateThe New Teen Titans #3ViewRead the...
02/10/16The Last Day of Warworld, Part 3(Blog) (Forum)Disclaimer
RatingRating explanationLast Issue:
TViolence.Part 2

"My daughter and I have an agreement," said Trigon, as he strode towards the edge of the roof. Stepping off, he started walking across the sky, but stopped to look back at Raven. "But you are afool, daughter. I willrule Okaara's subjects as I did my own, and Iwill use Warworld to conquer. However, I am not one to be trifled with. I came here expecting to have Earth, and I shallhave it. So thissystem is the first one I will conquer!" He then turned away and continued walking, bursting into demonic laughter that shattered windows for blocks. He tossed his head backwards as he laughed, and then he simply winked out of the sky, and was gone.

"Wonder Girl!" commanded Robin.

In answer, Wonder Girl threw her golden lasso around Raven. "Raven! The lasso will help you break Trigon's hold! Please! Tell us what you were thinking! Tell us why you'd doom Earth!"

Raven bowed her head, and answered, "Trigon has no hold on me, Donna Troy. In truth, Earth was already doomed. I chose the lesser of two evils to save Earth. Trigon had a way to stop a planet, so I made my deal."

"But now the only person who could operate that cannon is gone!" shouted Robin. "And he's going to bring Warworld to Earth, Raven! Your plan failed!"

"No," answered Raven as a red cloud signalled her teleportation from Wonder Girl's lasso, leaving it to fall limply to the ground. Reappearing behind the device, Raven looked up to reveal her skin was now red, and she had four yellow eyes. The Titans looked on in horror as she grew to Trigon proportions, and answered,"Trigon is not theonlyone who can operate the cannon."

Starfire instinctively grabbed Wonder Girl's hand. "Great X'hal," she murmured, "I never thought I'd see another living goddess."

Wonder Girl squeezed Starfire's hand supportively before pulling it away. "The Amazons know their gods well. And when need be, we've challenged them. Raven is no different."

"Raven! NO!" shouted Cyborg.

"Imust, Victor," she said as she adjusted the cannon. "This will save Earth and destroy the threat of Trigon the Terrible. It is the best way."

Wonder Girl and Starfire flew towards Raven and circled her in their flight. "No!" shouted Wonder Girl. "You'll destroy yourself in the process, Raven!"

"I wasraisedfor this, Donna. I have been prepared to sacrifice myself in defense against Trigon for all of my life. The time has come," she said calmly.

"Raven! You have been holding this in for so long! You may not be able to come back from it," warned Starfire.

"I have resigned myself to that possibility, princess,"she said simply.

"Yeah? Maybe you have, but we ain't ready to give you up just yet, witch!" shouted Cyborg. "Starfire! On three, blast that cannon!"

"No," Raven said sternly as her top set of eyes started to glow. Her soul self swept out and found each Titan, whether flying or standing, and teleported them to the street among terrified onlookers.

Robin responded immediately, "Kid Flash! Get up th-" but it was too late.

Kid Flash was already halfway up the building when the beam from the cannon lanced outwards into space. He skidded to a halt once he was on the roof, and just like his teammates on the ground, his gaze followed the ray of the cannon blast. It flew straight, crossing the hundreds of millions of miles effortlessly. When the ray hit Warworld, the resulting explosion seemed to be as bright as the sun. When the light faded approximately a minute later, the skies looked normal.

Warworld was no more.

"X'HAL! NO!" shouted Starfire, hovering above the street. "Okaara! It's gone!"

"All those people," Changeling said in quiet horror. "Raven just... killed them."

Without looking away from the sky, the Warlord replied, "No, she didn't."

"Yo, helmet-head, are you in shock?" asked Cyborg. "Your ride just went boom. No planet, no people."

Travis Morgan turned to face the Titans. "The people were already dead," he said somberly.

The Titans were taken aback. Robin spoke first. "How?"

"When Brainiac attacked, and discovered he couldn't take over Warworld, he started jumping from person to person, implanting them with his control circuitry, and spreading out to find the right people who knew how to work the planet's machinery." He looked at the ground as he recalled the events. "As you well know," he said to Starfire, "I am not the only Warlord on Okaara. Strategy developed quickly: defend the key centers... kill anyone with Brainiac circuitry on their heads."

"Strategy!" shouted Starfire, her hands simmering with building starbolts. "You call the wholesale slaughter of innocents 'strategy?'"

Morgan looked at her with seemingly empty eyes. "I never said it was great strategy. It was fear too. How do you fight an enemy that can be anywhere? Anyone? That could jump into you next? Desperation set in quickly, and 'try to kill the current victims before more are taken over' became the idea. As Brainiac could control multiple minds at once, the fighting spread planetwide, and after a week, I was the only one left, and I had no defense against Brainiac. He supplanted my mind like blowing out a candle. And then we headed here."

"I have heard enough," seethed Wonder Girl.

Koriand'r turned and said, "Wonder Girl?"

Donna said nothing as she leapt into the sky, heading for the top of the building. "RAVEN!" she shouted as she landed on the edge of the roof.

Raven simply responded, "Wallace."

Kid Flash stiffened, his eyes glowing red. Immediately he bolted across the roof and punched Donna. She reeled backwards off the roof, but managed to stay airborne. Kid Flash was doing a superspeed lap of the roof, coming back around, but Donna caught him in her lasso, immobilizing him. She wrapped him up quickly, and left him bound and laying off to one side. With a welt on her cheek from Kid Flash's punch, she stood and planted her feet, glaring at Raven.

Raven's eyes smoldered as she said, "You cannot stop me, Donna."

Donna stepped forward as she said, "I can try."

BOOM!

Donna stopped as the spatial rift opened behind Raven, a bright light blinding her. As she raised a hand to shield her eyes, a deep voice resounded, "No. You cannot."

The light subsided with the voice, and Donna took down her hand. She seethed, "Darkseid."

Next Issue: The Last Day of Warworld, Part 4.Originally Presented In: (below)
Please let me know what you think, and thanks! -cb15 Minute Writing Challenge (Just Write).

Story, original characters and content are owned by Chris Bishop. Copyright Chris Bishop 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By cbishop
Comic Characters used in this fic:
Picture Credits:
Note: GIS = Google Image Search.
PictureCredit
  • "Wonder Girl!"
  • "Trigon is not the only one..."
  • "...we ain't ready to give you up just yet, witch!"
  • "I have heard enough."
  • "No. You cannot."

All found via GIS or in the CV wiki, and were 'shopped liberally to better fit the story. Owned by DC Comics and/or whoever designed the images.

.Fic-O-Pedia: cbishop. (My library of fics)Fic #134

Thanks for stopping in! :^D

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cbishop
Part 3
Part 3

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cbishop
No Caption Provided

December 7, 2021: With Mr. Perez's announcement today about his health, I realized that as much as I learned writing from Marv Wolfman, I also learned to put as much into it as I can from George Perez. I always remember an interview I read (although not who was being interviewed) where the interviewee was talking about an Avengers page Perez drew. He said the description was just "Captain America is on monitor duty," and what he got back was all this gorgeous detail showing a huge room with three levels, and all these gadgets, and just all kinds of cool stuff crammed into this one picture! I was in awe of that. I look for all the extra whenever I see Perez's art, and when I write I try to throw in everything I can.

That's what happened in this story- the New Teen Titans, Warworld, Warlord, the Royal Family of Warworld, Trigon, Darkseid, Gordanians, War Wheels, Skartaris, Apokolips, Titans Tower, Metropolis... I had a blast. Thank you, George Perez, and God bless you wherever you are tonight. -Chris Bishop