The New Lantern Saga

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Nar-Eth’s Log: My ring…damaged…willpower…drained….Qwardians….have…returned……new…threat…starting selection process….dying…..closest planet….EARTH.

In Gotham , you can’t get away with anything; especially not in these years. Paranoia and racism reached an all new high after World War III in 2300. Even though Kandaq last the war, people started listening to them. The U.S has been taken over by corrupt politicians. They want to kill the minorities and “cleanse America.” Since then, me and a few of my friends have been on the run from “the law”. A few hours ago, a S.W.A.T team came into the apartment we were hiding in and killed them all. I managed to fight them off, and I’ve barricaded myself inside an abandoned room. My name is Jack Madison, and I think I might die today…but to hell if I don’t go down fighting.

I pop up from the window and fire three slugs. I drop down out of sight the second my finger pulled the trigger for the third time. I don’t wait to see the results my bullets brought to the cops outside.

“COME OUT PEACEFULLY,” their voices blare, “AND WE WILL SPARE YOUR LIFE!”

“Of course you will.” I mutter sarcastically. My heartbeat quickens. I begin to hyperventilate. Beads of sweat drip down my face as I prepare for another round of fire. A quick peak out the window, however, shows me it’d be best to stay put. A sniper has a lock on me. If I move, I die. No way out. I know there’s no way out. My trigger finger relaxes, as I await my death. The tension breaks as I hear a shriek, and I take a gamble and fire three more shots out the window at the cops putting the place under siege. I close my eyes, awaiting death’s embrace to come again. Yet my eyelids are peeled open by an immense light. Over time, it begins to dim. I realize where the earlier shriek came from. That light had taken out the sniper. That’s why I’m not dead right now. The light is absorbed to reveal

“A ring?!”

“Jack Madison,” the ring speaks. The look of it is familiar…it looks like something I read from the history books. “You have the power to overcome great fear. I am a power ring sent by the Guardians of the Universe.”

Of course: The Green Lanterns used to wear power rings…so why was I selected. Thoughts buzz through my head like an insect swarming around me. I instinctively grab the ring and take a leap of faith. I jump out the window and land. An emerald shield keeps me safe. The officers prepare to fire, and an emerald shield stops the oncoming barrage of bullets. Energy crackles through my veins like fire. I feel more alive than I have my entire life. I let out an emerald tidal wave of light, sweeping over bodies and tossing them around like ragdolls. Cops fly through the air, and land, mangled and broken. (I make sure not to kill them, though.)

A lone cop faces me, prepared to fire.”

“Shoot.” I calmly tell him.

He fires out of fear, and the chunks of lead are encased in a green field of light. With the wave of a hand they fall to the ground.

“You-you killed them!” he stammers.

“Nah, I just roughed them up a bit.” I reply.

“ENOUGH!” The ring shouts. “You are not needed here, Lantern of sector 2814.” All of a sudden, I’m a prisoner inside my own body. I’m forced through the air and into the night sky, as space and time unfolds to a different planet…millions of light years away.

“Welcome to Oa.” The ring blares.

This is gonna be fun….

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please check this out and

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By CapFanboy

@primepower53 said:

Please check this out and

YAY!!!!!! FIRST NAME MENTIONED!!! Heh, I'll have to check it out later pal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5afe2775b7813
deactivated-5afe2775b7813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That was amazing. Once again, you have made my day.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MsMarvel22 said:

That was amazing. Once again, you have made my day.

thanks!

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By AweSam

Nice job. When I read "Green Lantern", I couldn't resist lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AweSam: thanks.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By batkevin74

@primepower53: This is similar to the 5th World stuff (RIP 5th World). Not a big GL fan so not overly wowed by this. It's well written but not my cup of tea

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Great....it's not Eye-Spay but I like it, like it yes I do :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomdickharry1984: not sure if I'm going to continue that. As I said before, I hit a hypothetical wall and got a hypothetical concussion in that.

Basically I'm out of ideas

and this is a one shot. My main series will be Spider Man: Devil's Deal

BUT I'M GLAD YOU LIKE IT!