The New 616: Shang-Chi #2

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Shang-Chi listened patiently to the lies, cries and pleading of Igori Dākukingu before throwing him to the floor. Shang bowed respectfully and left.

“You’re not going to kill me?”

“I am not a monster like my father,” Shang said without turning back.

“No, you’re worse!” Igori snapped as from the shadows crept Hand ninjas. They’d seen the failure and humiliation of their master. It wasn’t a one sided affair but the Hand’s leader was defeated in single combat. A dishonour to the order of this magnitude could not be tolerated. Shang-Chi left the stronghold to the screams of Igori Dākukingu.

Osaka International Airport

Shang-Chi waited in the first class lounge for his flight. It made him a little uncomfortable using his fathers vast resources. He contemplated if this was possibly the small first step to becoming like his infamous father. Compounded with Igori Dākukingu’s final snarky remark, Shang-Chi thought on it.

He gazed down at the name the Hand leader had given to him: Bosqueverde. He opened the complimentary laptop built into the arm of the chair and typed it in. The Republic of of Bosqueverde was located in South America. A postage stamp sized country, squished between Venezuela and Guyana which was the perfect size to be relatively unnoticed on the world stage. From what he could glean it was like a drug cartel decided to become a government.

He wandered over to the concierge. “Excuse me, I would like to change my destination.”

Cinco Burros Orgullosos Airport, Bosqueverde

Shang-Chi arrived in Bosqueverde with minimal fuss. The airport was in dire need of some tlc but it seemed any spare money had been spent on the armed guards of the ruling elite than air conditioning or new paint. Shang-Chi stood at the taxi rank which had four yellow cars and a donkey waiting to take passengers.

“Paseo?” asked a sweaty man in a khaki jacket and a decade old hat from Smiley Kyrus’ first singing tour. “Ride, senor?”

“Thank you,”

“Where to?”

“I’m not sure,” Shang-Chi replied.