The New 616: Origin Part 2 of 3

hype2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hype2

-Michael's Notes 4- "Hey guys, I ran out of paper so I decided to make my origin three parts. Anyways back to the story, of how I became Spider-Man. I know the note is short, but I have some interesting things to tell you guys, so stay tuned in, because this is gonna get pretty serious."

"I wanna be like you, I wanna become Spider-Man. I guess it's my responsibility...So what's the first lesson you can teach me." I spoke firmly, yet you could hear I was fearful. How could you blame me, becoming a superhero is not an easy task.

Spider-Man smiled through his mask, he walked towards me and spoke. "You already taught yourself the first lesson, responsibility. Like my uncle once said: with great power comes great responsibility."

I thought for a few moments before dropping from the tree. "Noted." I smiled as I wrote in my journal. "So what's the second lesson you can teach me?" About a few minutes later I stood on the roof of a tall building, a makeshift Spider-Man mask covered my scared face. "Why am I up here?" I gulped, fearfully looking down at the ground that looked incredibly distant from the building.

"Well the first thing you gotta learn, is sticking." Spider-Man instantly jumped onto the side of the building. "Don't feel pressured, and don't look down. Just relax your muscles." Spidey said as he stuck to the wall like it was no problem at all.

"Okay, I got this." I told myself, stuck my arm to the side of the wall, and then the other. Eventually, my legs were dangling over the city. I stuck my legs to the wall. "Oh this is easy...!" I looked down at the city streets, I began to sweat, and slip a little. I gulped and gasped. "No, no, no, no..." I tried to climb back up but I kept slipping. "Spider-Man what do I do?"

"Relax...I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but just listen to me. You don't want to feel so much pressure that you begin to slip a ton. If you just relax yourself a bit, you'll be able to stick perfectly fine. If you relax yourself a ton, you'll fall. It's complicated, but once you get the hang of it, sticking will become easier." Spider-Man reassured me.

I used his advice and relaxed a bit, but not to much. Or else I'd likely fall. "I got this, at least I think I do." I began sticking easily, "wait I'm doing it!" I rejoiced as I began crawling on the wall.

"You're not perfect, but you're pretty decent at sticking." Spider-Man ran up the wall and onto the roof. He signaled me to follow him.

I sighed, I definitely couldn't run up the wall. That was much more difficult than crawling. "Okay, so what are we doing now?" I asked as I crawled onto the roof.

"Okay the next thing we're gonna do is-" Spider-Man stopped talking, he appeared to be listening to something inside his mask. "I'll have to teach you part three on the way, Vulture's struck Times Square." Spider-Man placed his spare web-shooters in my hands.

"So this is how you swing around..." I analyzed the web-shooters, then put them on my wrist. The web shooters stuck to me, and made a shape similar to a wristband. "So how do I fire this thing." I lowered my wrist and webbing flew out of the web-shooter. "So that's how you fire webs."

"Now here is how I'm gonna teach you. The first thing you wanna do when swinging, is jump. Well obviously, the second thing you want to do, is lower your wrist, and imitate my fingers." Spider-Man showed me the pose of his hand.

I quickly imitated his hand with mine, and webbing shot out. It became easier to control. "So, I jump now?" I spoke, but I didn't wait for an answer, I quickly shot the webbing out of the web-shooter. Yet to no avail, I realized I had nothing to stick it to. I gulped, I was closing in on the street. 'Uh, um.' I thought to myself, just shooting the webbing was useless. I needed to stick it to a building.

I stuck the webbing to a nearby building, swinging became manageable, but not easy. I realized I had no Idea how to swing with the webbing, so I let go it. "Aah!" I screamed as I swung into a tree. I painfully fell out of the tree, hitting every branch and painfully landing on the street. I landed on the sidewalk near a building. 'I'll never try that again.' I thought to myself as my wounds began to heal rapidly. "Wait..." My body felt better and better after every second. "Why am I healing so fast?"

Spider-Man swung down to the sidewalk. "Don't ever try that again, but...you did a pretty good job swinging." Spider-Man told me as he glared at my body. "You, you're healing, how?"

"I don't know!" I yelled at Spider-Man in a naive tone. "I just can, can you heal super fast?" I asked Spider-Man in a cautious way.

"Nah kid, I can't heal like that. Must be a special ability of yours." He eagerly told me, before regaining his focus. "Right, come on. We gotta job to do." Spider-Man jumped off the ground and began swinging.

I gulped, I eventually did the same as Spider-Man and began swinging. "Hey Spider-Man, wait!" Spidey kept swinging, I decided I needed to catch up to him. 'If I swing, once, and then release, then I swing again; I should be able to gain momentum.' I thought to myself, I narrowed my eyes. 'concentrate, I need to time it right.' I thought even harder than before.

I let go of the webbing and I was flung forward. "Yes I think I got the hang of it." I yelled out loud. As I fired another shot of webbing. 'Web, swing, release...' I kept repeating it in my mind, before completely losing awareness of my surroundings. I swung myself into a window. I slammed against it and began falling to the ground. "Come on I gotta save myself, spidey is right there." I saw Spider-Man looking back at me, and smiling. "Come on, come on!" I thought to myself as I webbed upwards. 'Pull!' I suggested to myself, as I pulled myself upwards.

"Good job." Spider-Man told me as he sat on the side of a building. I maneuvered myself towards him, and slammed against the side of the building, I quickly clipped myself to it fearfully.

"Times Square is right there." Spider-Man pointed at Times Square. Spidey suddenly Jumped off of the building and swung towards Vulture. Vulture flew towards police vehicles. "Open fire!" One of the police men yelled as he began firing his pistol. Vulture blocked the bullets fired at him with his wings and sent metallic feathers at the police. "Hey Vulture, take this!" Spider-Man kicked Vulture in the face mid-air, stunning him but not knocking him out. Soon the police men began evacuating, and getting people out of the area safely.

"Well if it isn't Spider-Man, I'll dispose of you quickly before the others get here." Vulture yelled spitefully. "Well, I knew you'd come anyways, so I should be the one to defeat you." Spider-Man landed on a nearby building. He began stretching.

"You're not defeating me; I won't even let you touch me." Spider-Man teased Vulture as he webbed Vulture's wings and started swinging off of them.

"You pest." Vulture angrily announces as he began spinning around. Swinging Spider-Man around in the air. Eventually yanking him off.

Spider-Man gets yanked off onto a building roof. "Gah, my head." Spidey sighs as he stares at Vulture, who is closing in on him. "I won't let that stop me." Spider-Man said as he webbed up Vulture's eyes.

"Gah!" Vulture began flying uncontrollably, trying to get the web off of him. "I will make you suffer; I will be the one who destroys you..." Vulture began ranting as he continued to try to get the web off of him.

As all of that happens, I watched from a distance. I was so scared of facing a real villain, I froze. I soon regained my focus. "Okay, I need to help Spider-Man. I have to... but do I really have to?" I told myself, trying to decide whether I help or stay put. "No, no, no that's just my fear talking. I shouldn't be afraid." I calmed myself. Yet I looked down at the ground. 'The distance.' My eyes widened, the ground looked so far away.

'I can’t do this.' I think to myself as I begin to sweat. I begin to slip, the street seems to come closer and closer. I couldn't stop staring, my body sweat, my brain hurt. All I could do was close my eyes, and that's exactly what I did. "Keep your cool, you've got this, you're Spider-Man, it's your responsibility to protect these people."

I jumped off of the building, and I swung towards Spider-Man. I faced my fears. I had to, it was the only option. Even if I wasn't the best at swinging, or sticking. I had to face my fears, that's how you become Spider-Man. "I've got this!" I swing towards vulture and punch him in the face.

Spidey stares at me, "this kid." he says as he watches me punch Vulture while he's distracted. Vulture spins in a downward spiral. Falling to the ground, unconscious.

"I did it!" I scream as I land on the ground, safely collecting myself. "I defeated a villain, but not alone. I couldn't have done it without you, Spider-Man."

Spider-Man smiles, he jumps down to the ground and begins walking towards me. "You did it." He smiles, soon clapping could be heard from atop a building.

"Well done child." A figure appears form the shadow's. "You've done well."

"Octavius!" Suddenly, a tentacle swarms in on Spider-Man, grabbing him and throwing him into a nearby building. "Gah, what's going on, what's your goal. I thought you were dead!" Spider-Man yells out; he tries to move but he can’t. "I'm too weak."

I stare at the menacing villain, his metallic tentacles swarm around me, grappling me. "What do you want?" I say, struggling to break free of his hold.

"What do I want? Well, I want Spider-Man gone. This was all a part of my plan." Doc Ock grins at me as he throws me into Spider-Man. "I knew you'd come here, trying to stop Vulture. That's why I sent him here in the first place. So now I can finally exact my revenge on Norman Osborn, and then on the rest of this world. Yet, first I needed to get rid of Spider-Man, and I also needed a team..." Suddenly, four other villains step up from the shadows.

"Rhino, Kraven the Hunter, Mr. Negative, and Lizard. We are the Ferocious Five!" Doc Ock grins at Me and Spider-Man as he begins cackling.

"Wait a minute. I thought I was a part of the Ferocious Five!" Vulture yells out as he glares at Doc Ock, now fully conscious and filled with rage. "You used me didn't you!"

Doc Ock cackles. "You sure are smart, alas, we don't need another evil genius." Doc Ock signals to Rhino. "Go finish them off." Doc began climbing atop buildings as Rhino glares at me.

"I've been waitin' for this." Rhino said as he prepared to run at me & Spider-Man.

-Cough- Spider-Man began coughing. "I'm not able to move, I-I've taught you pretty much everything you need to know, you're Spider-Man, take this thing." Spider-Man shifts a small chip looking device towards me. "It will guide you...to M-May."

hype2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@hype2: Definitely like that this is going to be a three parter. Enjoy the ferocious five as a concept and think that this will be a good way in organically making the new spider-man THE spider man. Good job

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By TDK_1997

@hype2: Definitely a better read than the first one, but there are still a few minor problems. However, I feel that with the last part everything will be far better.

Keep going with the great read.