The Millz: Nullspace - Part 1 ( Marvel story )

SangHellE56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

The Millz is a fan-fic set within the Marvel Universe, starring my original superheroes. Each series chronicles a different character, and features canon Marvel villains as well as ones I made myself. All events take place in the 616 version of New York City. Critiques on my writing and feedback are welcome. Enjoy! :)

Nullspace - Part 1

Todd Bennington stood on a street corner, looking up at some dumb billboard ad with a talking dog. As ridiculous and money-grubbing as everything was in Time Square, he very much preferred being out here, getting some fresh air. It always beat overhearing drama at home that involved his uncle. He sighed as he checked to see if his smartphone was off. It was.

Since he was 12, Todd had known he was a mutant. He'd done extensive research on what he liked to call his "thing," but found out nothing further. At will, he could turn his skin bleach white, and it came with small black marking patterns that ran along his body. He could make words on paper slowly disappear just by thinking about it. And more recently, he started exploring what he could do with his hands: disintegrate any objects, pull them apart, or glue them back together as if they never split in two.

There was an incident at home where his mom caught him blasting a hole in the wall...using that weird energy he was still figuring out. She told everyone else in the family, and they went berserk. Todd's folks were normally this stubborn, and only he knew he should do something about it.

Fight after fight with his parents ensued. They were divorced, his uncle was a gambler, and his cousin was busy being popular in college. The only thing everyone but him could agree on was that he needed to keep his "thing" secret.

Just yesterday, he'd made the mistake of telling his aunt on his mom's side about the Xavier Institute. "Crock of shit," she said. "You're going to work since you can't find anything better to do. And I don't need you going on and on about this Promised Land of a school that doesn't exist."

Three hours passed. Todd was just about ready to head home after ad-gazing. He took his first step into the subway when a loud explosion to his right made him stumble. His knee banged into the wall of the stairs, and he could hear fire crackling. Then a loud, startling ZAP!

Another explosion, plus screaming people followed. Whatever was going on...he had to do something. Either for himself or for whoever was in danger. Sure, he only knew what was happening by the sound and smell of fire, probably from a nearby car. But there was a gut feeling in that instant...where he wanted to fight, not fly. He saw the constant strings of things Spider-Man had done...and it turned out okay. MORE than okay; people's lives were saved. and for all Todd knew...this was nothing more than a chance.

He slowly got up, and limp-dashed into the subway.

Eli Wirtham, the anti-hero known as Cardiac, automatically recognized the business suit clad man who stumbled at the end of a crosswalk. Quincy Tepps, a new target in his insatiable quest for extreme justice.

The cyborg vigilante slowly walked toward him. He stopped a taxi by slamming his fist into the engine, and picked up Tepps.

Suddenly, something solid knocked into the back of Cardiac's head. He turned, smiling to see a shale grey and white masked man. From the collar bones down, he had a mostly bare, pasty white chest with small black patterns. He sported black cargo pants and white boots with black soles.

The object that knocked into Cardiac slung back into the stranger's right punk gloved hand. It was part of a set of dice-like metal cubes with black and white studded chains attached.

"The name's Nullspace," said the pale hero. "Step away from the Wall Street bro."

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

I like. Nullspace looks like an interesting character.

SangHellE56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14