The Elegangels Part 9

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By BlueEcho

The following is a work of fiction of my own creation, designed for a superhero setting, though of no specified comic book universe.

-

Gaining access to the facility had been much easier than they had planned. There were two or three guards walking the perimeter while performing their duties and it only took as long as one of them returning to the interior of the building to learn the access code. Sarah and Erica followed him in and then started searching the hangar for what Vitor wanted. Whoever controlled this hangar was evidently into any number of illicit activities, as the interior was buzzing with activity. Sarah and Erica didn't have much of an idea what they were seeing as people walked past them transporting goods. Presumably something either toxic or dangerous, but not knowing anything off this planet or its trading patterns, they decided to simply keep moving. Certainly these smugglers were doing a lot of harm, and while they might not have been happy with it, they knew that there was not much that they could do either. They were after all only two compared to the thirty or so people walking around in here, and while they had their powers to rely on they also really weren't at all experienced with either using them or fighting people in general.

It took them several minutes before they even realized that they were missing the obvious. They had been skirting the outside of the hangar walls looking for access to other rooms, but right in the middle of the hangar, what had looked like a storage container was in fact a room that others were walking in and out of, and too often for it not to be heading somewhere else.

"We need to get in there," Sarah whispered to Erica.

"We should get the others first?" Erica asked.

"Not yet," Sarah said, "it might be a dead end, or it might not."

The two of them ran over towards the middle of the hangar and followed in behind as others opened and closed the locked door. Sarah's suspicion was correct, as behind the door there was a staircase leading down to another level of storage.

"Where do you want this?" one of the workers asked to a humanoid female in the middle of the action.

"What is it?" she asked, "The reflective heat shielding? Stash it over there, next to the fabrics."

"The fabrics?" Erica whispered.

"Yes but more importantly," Sarah replied, "the reflective heat shielding."

She carefully made her way over to the heat shielding and looked at it. She was not certain what it was for, but one side of it was perfectly reflective. Sitting across from her she what could only be the Weeckian silk, wound up on a large spool, maybe six feet long.

"Bennie?" she whispered into it, "can you hear me?" It took a second delay before a reply came.

"I can now," Bennie whispered back, "it took me a bit to find a reflective surface to fit into, and now a bit longer to find this one. What is the plan?"

"Simple," Sarah said, "when it is clear, you come out of here and we hand the silk fabric to you."

"Give me the word," Bennie said.

Sarah and Erica waited in silence as the workers came and went from the room, but after a few minutes, the traffic started to die down.

"Now is as good of a time as any," Sarah whispered as she grabbed the spool with Erica, who ran it over to Bennie, who transported it into the mirror.

"We will meet you outside," Sarah said, as Bennie disappeared. No sooner had Bennie disappeared than red lights started flashing throughout the area.

"Uh oh," Erica said, "that looks bad."

"Bad yes," Sarah said as she turned to run for the door to the subterranean vault. They got to the door and found that it was locked.

"An energy blast," Sarah said.

"Ok," Erica replied, and shot a blast of energy from her eyes at the door.

Meanwhile Bennie had made her escape to the outside where she found her two friends waiting for her. Despite being part of the action, Amanda and Kayla had not done much except watch thus far.

"You got it?" Amanda asked.

"Pretty easy," Bennie replied, "in and out with no fuss."

"Not so fast," a voice said from behind them. The three of them turned to look at two females standing behind them.

"No one steals from the Vl'ar Syndicate," the other said.

"If you hand over the item," the first continued, "then we will only kill you, if not then we will come up with much worse."

"What are we going to do?" Amanda muttered under her breath.

"I am not sure," Bennie said, "but remember what Vitor said that those dresses look like, it kind of looks like they are wearing them, doesn't it?"

"Still dying doesn't sound like such a good option," Kayla said.

"You are taking too long," the first of the women said, and threw a device of some kind in the direction of the remaining three.

"Explosive," Kayla said as she saw a flashing light on the side. Without a thought she threw herself on the device, and her suspicions were proven correct as the device exploded below her. This threw the pinkish waxy substance that Kayla was made of in all directions.

"Oh my god," Amanda said, "did they just kill Kayla?"

"I am not sure," Bennie said, "but I am not sure what I am going to do anyway, there are no mirrors around for me to use."

"Stay here," Amanda said, "I will handle them."

Amanda walked up to the two foes standing in front of her, but before either of them could react, their arms shot to their side as though stiff.

"She is somehow controlling the fabric," the first of them said.

"We can override it," the other said. The following was a bizarre struggle as the two women try to free themselves of Amanda's control, while trying to use the innate properties of the dress to override her.

"This is really hard," Amanda said, "any ideas Bennie?"

"Nothing comes to mind," Bennie said, "they look pretty dangerous, and we have no weapons."

"It is just a matter of time before they break free," Amanda said.

"I need to find something," she said, "hold on, I am coming back."

Bennie ran back to where she had seen the mirror in the hopes of finding something useful inside, meanwhile Amanda was stuck trying to control the two women at the same time, and their struggles to get free were becoming more effective, as first they freed their arms and then more and more of their bodies from Amanda's manipulation.

Bennie returned from her teleporting through the mirror and handed Amanda a small pistol.

"Keep doing what you are doing," she said, "at least now we are armed."

The two women were now struggling past Amanda's powers and had almost regained control of their battle uniforms.

"We are free," the first woman said. She took a step forward and her foot was enveloped in a pinkish material which oozed up from the ground. It spread up her leg and then up over the rest of her body, and then materialized in human form above her, taking the dress along with it.

"Kayla!" Bennie screamed, before realizing that the warrior woman was still very much of a threat. She fired her weapon at her and the blast through her back several feet to the ground, unconscious. Kayla melted herself out of the dress and then attacked the second woman, this time coinciding with a renewed attack from Amanda. The second woman was freed from her dress in a shorter time, and was blasted again by Bennie.

"I think that I am going to hang on to this," Bennie said.

"Guys," Erica yelled as she ran up from behind, "what do you say that we get out of here." They grabbed the two dresses and the fabric and ran for the streets, hoping to quickly hide themselves in the anonymity of the strangers.

It did not take them long to find their way back to Vitor's store, as had been told to them, everyone knew of it, and once back they ran to the back offices where they knew that Vitor waited.

"My goodness," he said, "you managed to free the entire roll."

The five of them recounted to him of the fight which had ensured following their departure.

"Why didn't you use the flight belts?" he asked.

"How so?" Erica asked.

"To fly," he said, "that is what they are there for right? I thought that is why you took them in the first place." The five of them had been confused, when they had heard flight belts they had assumed that it was part of the flight suit, not a device which would allow them to fly.

"And two Weeckian dresses as a reward as well," he said, "you can keep those, they weren't part of the bargain."

"And the bargain?" Sarah asked.

"Yes," he said, "tomorrow, but for now rest and we will find some answers for you."

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@blueecho: Hmm I don't trust Bosley err I mean Vitor, something about him seems a wee bit fishy to me

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 13

@impurestcheese: Spoiler alert, he does quite of end up being a Bosley type, just an intergalactic mix of Oscar de la Renta and a used car salesman.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14