The Elegangels Part 2

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 13

The following is a work of fiction of my own creation, designed for a superhero setting, though of no specified comic book universe.

-

The four of them had reconvened at Sarah's apartment. Not only was Sarah the de facto leader of the group, but they had also decided that the access that she enjoyed to the rooftop at her building was to be the best place to test their new powers. They had agreed to track down Sarah's contact with the mysterious cosmetics company called Elegangel, but first they had decided to test their new powers, to see what the limit was of each one. The four of them now stood around each other, looking somewhat elegant as always, but not exactly sure how to proceed.

"Anyone want to go first?" she asked

"I will," Bennie replied.

Sarah had brought up two full length mirrors from her apartment, and they stood at opposite ends of the rooftop. Bennie was also holding a small vanity mirror in her hand. The four of them walked over to one of the mirrors.

"So what do you do?" Amanda asked.

"I don't know really," Bennie replied, "I can look in the mirror and see things, but I think only out of other mirrors."

"See things like what?" Kayla asked.

"Like right now," Bennie said, "we are all looking in this mirror, but I can see all of us looking in this mirror from the one behind us." The three of them turned to look over their shoulders at the mirror on the opposite edge of the roof behind them.

"Yeah! Hi!" she said, "but more than that."

"Like what?" Sarah asked.

"Like everything," Bennie replied, "that cute guy that lives next to you is shaving in his mirror right now, wearing only a towel. Or I can see through all the car mirrors on the street below."

"What about these?" Kayla asked, showing Bennie her nearly perfectly reflective sunglasses's lenses.

"Like I am looking out of your own eyes," Bennie said. Kayla stood back for a moment, feeling a little weird about what Bennie had just said.

"How about glass?" Sarah asked, "or something not really very reflective?" Bennie turned and looked at a building across the street. She looked back in her own mirror to test her powers.

"Kind of," she said, "but like ... not really, only about as much as glass reflects back.

"So then yes," Sarah replied, "but this morning you said something else, that your hand disappeared into the mirror when you touched it."

"I was kind of hoping that you forgot that part," Bennie said.

"Come on," Kayla said, "we have to know."

"OK," Bennie said, drawing in a deep breath trying to draw upon it for some courage. She put her hand up against the mirror and then gently pushed on the mirror, but her hand disappeared inside of it.

"Keep going," Sarah said, as Bennie looked over to her nervously. She hesitated for a second and then continued to push her arm in and then the rest of her body, until she had entirely disappeared into the mirror. Bennie was gone, but she was now clearly visible inside the mirror.

"Do you feel all right?" Amanda asked.

"I am fine," Bennie said, "like I walked into another room."

"That is so badass," Kayla said, as she walked up to the mirror and mocked giving Bennie a high five. She was not really paying attention and accidentally hit the mirror, causing it to wobble and then fall down, breaking into a bunch of little pieces.

"What did you do?" Amanda cried out.

"Oh my god," Kayla said, "did I just kill her?"

"I am fine," Bennie said, "I can still see you guys, just I can't fit back through the mirror now. The pieces are too small. Actually hold on." Anything that was left of Bennie in the mirror disappeared.

"Where did she go?" Kayla asked, now very much panicked.

"I am right behind you," Bennie said from across the rooftop. They turned to watch her step out of the mirror on the other side of the roof.

"All things considered though," Bennie said, "try not to crash any more mirrors with me inside of them please."

Kayla ran over and gave her a hug, alleviating some of her own concerns.

"So it would seem that you can see into mirrors, inhabit them, and teleport between them," Sarah said.

"Only one problem," Bennie said, holding up her vanity, "I have to be able to physically fit inside of them." She pushed her arm into her vanity mirror, but only up to her elbow before it got stuck.

"So cool," Kayla said, "so who's next?"

"I will go," Sarah said, "I kind of got us into this after all. So what do I do?"

"Start by turning yourself invisible," Amanda said.

"OK," Sarah said and closed her eyes to concentrate, an instant later she disappeared.

"And now come back," Amanda said, as her friend reappeared instantly nearly as soon as she had said it.

"Can you turn the roof that we are standing on invisible?" Amanda asked. Sarah looked down at the surface below her and concentrated for a second before it disappeared. They could now see clearly into her apartment.

"How about my eyes?" Bennie asked, "Can you change them to be blue?" Sarah looked at her friend as her eyes changed from brown to blue.

"So you can change the color of anything," Kayla said, "from white to black to transparent and invisible."

"My turn," Amanda said, "let me try some things." She looked over to Sarah, who was wearing a fashionable scarf. She brought it life as it darted up over her friend's eyes.

"That could be useful," Sarah said as she pulled the fabric back down around her neck.

"It would seem so," Amanda said, "I could use it to trip people, or make a makeshift straight jacket, or even choke someone if I needed to."

"How about the other objects?" Bennie asked.

"It is a lot harder," Amanda said. She directed her attention to the shards of glass on the roof, and they slowly moved towards her.

"It is like telekinesis," Bennie said.

"Not really," Amanda replied, "I already tried, it has no effect on living things, and it seems to be closest to moving fabrics of various kinds, not that I can really explain that."

"That leaves only Kayla," Sarah said, as the three turned to look at her. Kayla still looked nervous about the whole process, as though she of all of them would be trapped in the new form.

"All right," she said. In an instant she changed again into the waxy version of herself, as though she belonged in a wax museum as a pink version of herself.

Kayla's three friends gathered around her and proceeded to touch her gently, as the wax like material rubbed off on their hands.

"Does it hurt?" Sarah asked.

"No," Kayla replied.

"Not even when the wax rubs off?" Sarah asked.

"No," Kayla repeated.

"What happens if I shake your hand?" Amanda asked, offering her hand for her friend to shake. Kayla grabbed her friend's hand and shook. Amanda tried to squeeze it a bit and Kayla squeezed back.

"Oww!" Amanda squealed out, "when did you get so strong?"

"I don't know," Kayla replied, "I guess it just happened."

"How about soft?" Bennie asked.

"I can try," Kayla replied.

Amanda pushed her finger up against Kayla forearm, and her finger left an indentation.

"Does it hurt?" Amanda asked.

"No," Kayla answered, "it just feels weird."

"What can you do when it is soft then?" Sarah asked, "Can you flatten your arm out?" Kayla looked to her arm, and concentrated on it, causing it to change shape into a flatter version of itself.

"More!" Amanda said, "Can you change your whole shape?" Kayla looked at her in a bit of shock, and then nodded as though she would try. Before their eyes they watched as Kayla entire arm elongated out to a distance of about twenty feet, before she pulled it back to her body.

"Some of the stuff that we can do is cool," Bennie said, "but that is probably the best of all." Kayla looked at her as she turned back to her normal shape, and then back to her normal self.

"So you can turn yourself into wax," Sarah said, "become stronger, change your shape and stretch yourself out. So?"

"So what?": Amanda asked.

"So we are ready," Sarah said, "let's go find this representative and try to find out what they did to us."

END OF PART 2

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@blueecho: Hmm that's a formidable power set there. There almost the fashionable four in some respects. Hopefully answers will be coming very soon.

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 13

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14