The Child Who Fell chapter 1.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By waezi2

(Warning; if you intend on playing the game Undertale, then you shouldn't read this story. If not, OR if you already have played it; I hope you enjoy)

Everyone knew the legend of Mount Ebott. It had been told that monsters lived underneath it. Legends clamed that long ago, there had been a great war between the human race and the terrifying monsters who wanted nothing but to rob the humans of their souls to gain power. But fighting together, the humans managed to defeat the monsters who were now hiding like cowards beneath Mount Ebott. If that was true, no one was sure of. But one thing was for sure; whoever climbed the mountain would never return.

..............................................................................................

No Caption Provided

Chara woke up. They weren't dead. But they were in pain. The whole body hurt from colliding into the ground. Cara couldn't move and was as helpless as a newborn kitten. Panicking, they screamed for help, though they didn't expect any.

Monsters in the mountain? Yeah, right! Chara wouldn't be that lucky. No, they would lie here in the mountain, alone and unable to move a muscle, just waiting for death. Maybe they would starve to death? How long would that take?

Chara cried out once more, but more out of desperation and a lack of a better choice rather than hoping that someone would come.

After all, Chara had decided to climb Ebott so that no one would find them after they had-

"Hello? Who's there?"

A shiver ran up Chara's body. There really WERE someone inside the mountain! Using whatever little strength there was left in their body, Chara turned their head to see who... or what was coming.

And Chara saw a monster.

A real one.

It had white fur, paws for hands, and fangs. And it came closer.

Thank god. Chara thought, closing their eyes. It will finally end.

Chara was more scared than they had expected. They could hear the monster's footsteps as it came closer.

And closer.

Very carefully.

And then...

And then, a relieving feeling filled Chara's whole body. They opened their eyes and saw the monster holding its paws over Chara. A white light came out them.

"Wow, you got hurt a lot." The monster said. "I will heal you as well as I can."

No Caption Provided

Now that the monster had come closer, Chara could see that it wasn't much taller than them. In fact, it looked a tiny bit shorter. And... was that a green shirt with yellow stripes it was wearing?

"Sorry." The goat creature said. "This is the best I can do. Can you stand up by yourself?"

"... Yes." Chara stood up, but stumbled. The goat creature lend them their shoulder.

"Careful, you are still numb, I guess." It said. "Come, you can rest in my house."

"... Okay."

"By the way, my name is Asriel." The goat boy said as they slowly went through a gate with some symbol Chara had never seen before. It looked a bit like an angel. "What is your name?"

"... Chara."

"Nice to meet you, Chara." Asriel said. "And what kind of monster are you? I have never seen someone like you before."

So that was it, then? Asriel had only saved Chara because they thought they were one of them.

"... I'm not a monster. I'm.... I'm human." There is no point in lying, Chara thought for themself.

But the reaction they got was quite unexpected.

"Really?! You are from the surface?"

"Um... yeah."

"Wowie!" Asriel said gleefully. "I have, like, a million questions! Once we reach my house, you have to tell me all about your world."

Chara was so surprised that they became speechless.

...................................................................................

"You can lie on my bed for now, but I guess I have to get you a mattress for when you need to hide underneath my bed."

Chara was inside Asriel's room. The walls were painted light orange and some drawings of yellow flowers were hanged on them. Chara was right now lying on the bed next to a couple of stuffed animals. There was a box of toys at the bed end. It looked very much like a human bedroom for children.

"How long will you let me be here?" Chara asked, expecting that this kindness would be short lived.

"Well, as long as you like." Asriel said, as if it was natural. Apparently, human and monsters were very different when it came to hospitality. "But you have to make sure that my parents don't see you. They are busy outside home because of work, but I still think that you should hide under the bed when I'm not here, okay?"

"Your parents will eventually find me." Chara said.

"Oh, I will tell them about you!" Asriel assured Chara. "I just... have to... find the right way and time to tell them. They don't... like humans much."

"... What about you?"

"What about me?"

"Don't you hate humans? I thought all monsters hated them."

"Well..." Asriel hesitated before answering the question. "I'm not sure, really. I've never met one... till now... so I guess I can't tell. But I guess I'm not totally happy about them either. They trapped us down here, you know... OH, um..." Asriel smiled awkwardly, realizing who he was talking to. "Don't misunderstand! I'm not saying that you are bad or something."

But I am...

"That's okay." Chara said. "I'm... not that crazy about humans either."

Asriel looked confused. "What? Why not?"

"... I don't want to talk about it..."

"But isn't it weird to-"

"I SAID; I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!"

Asriel looked scared. There was something about Chara's face that... intimidated him. Not so much that they all of a sudden looked angry, but because of the anger it showed. An anger that didn't belong on such a young face. And it didn't seem like this anger was toward Asriel.

"... I'm sorry." He said.

Chara took in a deep breath. "No, I'm sorry. I overreacted. I... can we just not talk about humans?"

"Okay... But we can talk about the heaven and sun and stars, right?"

Chara smiled. "Sure. I will tell you everything you want to know about them."

Asriel made a big happy smile. "Great! Then we can play with my toys. Wait a second." Ariel left the room and returned quickly with a glass of water and a bowl with soup.

"I hope you like snail soup." Asriel handed him the food.

Chara looked at the bowl. "Sure I do." They lied.

"My mom will be home any minute now, so I have to leave. Just stay here, and I will come back after dinner."

"Um, Asriel?" Chara realized that there was a problem with not being able to leave the room. "What do I do if I need to use the toilet?"

Asriel looked confused. "What's a toilet?"

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@waezi2: Tag me, next time, this is pretty decent :3

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Very enjoyable read. Nice one :).

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@waezi2: A good read, but not my thing I'm afraid

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By waezi2
Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@waezi2: To be honest I did not think too much about it until you asked. So no, Personally it does not bother me :).

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers