The Champions #1 part 1/3

Star_Spangled_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Star_Spangled_

Under the glitz and glam of Los Angeles, a lot of weird things are happening. Mischief, mayhem, and of course you have the super-villains. A quirky bunch of heroes would assemble for a better tomorrow. They wanted change. They wanted it now. They won't take the easy road, but they will fight every fight thrown at them. They will win the hard way, the right way, for they are...

No Caption Provided
Hellcat
Hellcat

I am Uatu, the Watcher. The words would boom from the cosmic entity with a heavy echo. The authority in which he spoke evident and known throughout the cosmos with every word that escaped his mouth from his location on Earth's Moon. It is my duty to witness all that occurs in the cosmos, observing events as they unfold and never interfere.

She-Hulk
She-Hulk

Uatu's eyes would glimmer brightly like two stars while his mighty hand waved across the black expanse of space. Many faint images would arise around him, memories from a being all meant to observe. I have witnessed the birth of many stars and planets. I have viewed nations rise and nations fall. I have seen families do fantastic things and heroes ban together on a day unlike any other to unite against a common threat to fight foes no single hero could withstand. For all those events that have transpired, my mind still ponders what else can happen next. The Blue Area of the Moon beneath his feet would shift to soft grains of sand flowing between his toes as his presence would be unknown to the denizens which now surrounded him. His head would feel the soft cool breeze blow over his bald head, while enjoying the song of the pelicans overhead. Though I see all, my attention is focused upon California, more specifically the city of Los Angeles.

Jen Walters has been known to many people by many things in her life - friend, lawyer, hero, Avenger, and even for a brief time a member of the Fantastic Four. To her though, nothing seemed to compare to the title of the Sensational She-Hulk. She enjoyed all those titles, but there was something that was associated with being the olive-skinned diva.

Super strength? Hellcat uttered.

It wasn't just the immense strength. There was a moxie, a wit, a confidence that would not be labeled by any super power. It was freedom. Like a bird flying through the sky, it would know no cage. It was destined to be free much like she was to the world.

She was more than just the cousin to Bruce Banner, known and feared to the world as the gamma-powerhouse Incredible Hulk. She was her own woman, making tough choices while knocking out tougher foes, forging her own path in the world and loving every moment of it.

And to think all this time I thought it was because you could lift a tank, Hellcat uttered once more. I mean, if I could lift a tank, I would be witty and confident too.

Patsy...She-Hulk huffed, Not during the opening monologue. I didn't interrupt your introduction.

Hellcat would shrug her shoulders, I haven't been introduced yet, though.

Patsy Walker. To the world known as the Hellcat, a Defender against the arcane and the unknown. Her fiery demeanor only matched by her ferocious ability, her humble nature, and caring persona.

I like it, said Hellcat, I like it a lot. A devilish grin would form from the corner of her lip as she soaked in the accolades. It is almost as if...Jennifer? She shouted in disbelief as her eyes gazed upon her friend the She-Hulk, pen in mouth while feverishly writing statements down on paper. All while the Watcher sat beside her, reading those statements as they were being passed to him.

There was an awkward silence as both stared at the scolding Hellcat and then to each other and back to Hellcat. There was an obvious sense of displeasure from the feline hero, as her hands now rested on her hips while she waited for an answer.

I am the Watcher! Uatu shouted, his immense figure jumping onto two feet as he now towered over both the heroes. I peer through the clouds of reality to observe and only observe. I will not sit here and be accused of false intentions. I have taken a solemn vow of non-interference and...and...what is my next line?

An annoyed Hellcat would stare down her friend as She-Hulk contemplated possible and plausible solutions, all while sensing Hellcat's cold stare pierce her very existence. She-Hulk would lean in closely to Uatu, her answer soft as a whisper...and only my appreciation for your species is why I make my presence known.

What? Uatu uttered, bending closer for the answer. I really did not hear you.

...I said, and only my appreciation for your species is why I make my presence known. She-Hulk would say aloud.

Uatu the Watcher would once again pop into a towering stance, his eyes glowing with immense energy as his hand stretched out into the ether...And only my appreciation for you species is why I make my presence known.Heed what I say carefully, Patsy Walker of Earth. I can see the very wind start and travel across your planet, I see every blade of grass spring from the planet, and I have seen every time you have ditched your friend, Jennifer Walters of Earth, each time she requested your presence to her yearly legal symposiums while going with Kyle Richmond(1) to Las Vegas.

She-Hulk would freeze solid, her head feeling immense pressure at the now known revelation. She slowly turned, her annoyed look easily seen upon her face, the face which the now slouching Hellcat tried to avoid. Ree...eee...eally? Las Vegas? With Kyle?

Hellcat's face would morph unnaturally, her eyes looking skyward as her hidden joyrides were now revealed. To be fair, Jen, Kyle booked those events in advanced. I just lied about what I was doing those days.

She-Hulk's fury and Hellcat's plea for mercy would be interrupted by Uatu's words. There is a storm rising that will need your attention and that of other Champions. Go do what you will do, for I will be watching, for I am the Watcher.

NOTES:

(1) Kyle Richmond aka the Defender Nighthawk

BOT666_N5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Good

BOT666_N5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points