RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RichGenX

Author's Intro

Well, for April 12th, it is time to post the final chapter of If I Had A Delirium. As with the prior chapter, it looks more into the mysterious past of Richard Cale in the Cale Storyline. This chapter also delves into a past connection that he and Yvette didn't realized they had, at least not at first. With the higher number of typos in this chapter, I decided to correct them before posting it here. I hope you enjoy this chapter, and next story will be Hunted.

Generation X Cale Storyline Disclaimer

Attention: Generation X and their villains, as well as any other mutant mentioned in this story, is property of Marvel Comics. The character Richard Cale is named after family relations. Any other reference to anything copyrighted is a chance happening.

No Caption Provided

====================================================

If I Had A Delirium

Previous Stories and Chapters

Previous ChapterVisions of the Past, Tales of the Future Part II(updated)

Chapter 4: Visions of the Past, Tales of the Future Part III (updated)

Darrett just sat in his room. He knew he would probably stay behind to fight, not do the recon. He looked over the catalog he had made. Most of his time that he was alone, he spent writing down names of villains in literature. He had found many name, hoping he could control all of them. Now he was faced with a problem. This Juggernaut was mean and powerful, which meant he might need power to help the team. However, the only things he could bring forth that could seriously detain this foe was way out of his control. He looked to the pages contain grunt like creatures, henchmen with little intelligence. He frown at what he saw. The only one that he felt would handle the job, might turn on him. After that man he summoned once, Emma forbid him to summon something he couldn’t control. His thoughts were interrupted when he heard someone knock on his door. He closed his book and said, “Come in.” He looked up to see Sean and Angelo enter the room. He looked at Sean and said, “I take it you want me to help fight.”

He watched as Sean nodded and said, “Aye. But can ye conjure something that we know will help?” It was the same question he was pondering.

He then heard Angelo add, “Nothing from Quake.” It sounded odd, but then he thought of the pages he was looking at. It fit together for some reason.

Darrett stood up and said, “I think I might be able to do something, but it might not help much. I could summon a few minor grunt like characters. Hopefully, they can keep this Juggernaut character detained.” He had a few in mind.

Sean looked at him and said, “Anything that can keep him detained for a bit. We want to minimize the risk to Rich by possible moving him before Juggernaut gets in the door.”

Darrett shrugged. “Not unless you want it attacking us. I wish I could give you more.”

Sean looked at him and said, “That’s alright. I want ye to get to the grotto and train a bit. This is one of the toughest adversaries that Gen X has ever gone up against, so I want ye prepared. The rest art going to do recon.” He nodded, and understood his role. He left with Sean and Angelo. He was still perplexed by the comment Angelo made, but that would have to wait.

No Caption Provided

Emma sat in the chair opposite Yvette. They had been waiting for a while for the next memory in Rich’s mind. She still held the cards that she had confiscated from Angelo. She eyed them with what she could only call an unnerving wonder. Did such beings exist, or were they the creation of an author who was called the master of horror by Stephen King. What worried her more was that that almost all the stories he wrote were about the are of New England, near where the school was. She was thankful when Yvette finally said, “Emma, I’m scared. Juggernaut, and now all this. I wish I could understand it all.”

Emma looked at Yvette and said, “I wish I could say I could, but I fear the only one who can is shutting it all out because he doesn’t want to accept it. It’s very scary to think that this is the truth.”

Yvette gave her a questionable look as she said, “What do you mean?”

Emma sighed and said, “In my younger day, I read a few books. One of them was written by this man.” She handed Yvette one of the cards. “He wrote very gripping and terrifying novels of horror. His work has spawned many things, however I fear that he wasn’t writing fiction. I fear he was........” She never got to finish the sentence. The devices went off again. She looked at Yvette and said, “Get ready.”

Yvette just nodded and soon they were in Rich’s mind. She looked around the room and noticed something she was hoping that only they might glimpse. It was the room of two twin girls, both infants. She faced the door and saw Rich being pushed into the room by a woman of

African decent. Almost instantly, she knew what she was going to experience. She just watched as the woman said, “Richard, what ever you do, do not open the door for anyone except me or my husband. Do you understand?” She watched as he nodded. He was a bit shook up.

Yvette just stared in disbelief as she went, “Oh no. What’s happening?” They both watched as Rich listen through an almost closed door. She then heard the screams of anguish. It was a death wail. She noticed the fear in Rich’s movements as he slammed the door.

Emma held Yvette and said, “This is what happened to Monet’s mother. Rich was the only witness to it. He just never knew it.” They watched as Rich barricaded the door with a dresser. He was moving with the energy of a scared man. They watched as he ran with both girls in his arms.

As they followed him into a closet, Emma heard Rich say, “Don’t worry, little ones. I’ll keep both of you safe.” She heard the one baby start to cry. She saw Rich hold the baby and coo into it’s ear. “Hush little Monet. You’ll be ok. It will all be ok. I’ll keep you and Claudette safe until someone saves us.”

As the scene continued to play, she heard a man shouting. Emma recognized the voice. It was Cartier St. Croix, and he was yelling at someone. “Cartier arrived almost last minute. He was too late to save his wife.”

Yvette looked at her and said, “But he saved Rich. I wish I know how the two families knew.” She still watched as Rich held the two twins in his arms.

Emma was about to give the only answer she had when a third voice just said, “Well, if you wanted to know that, why didn’t you ask earlier.” They both turned to look at a ghostly figure looking at the two of them.

Yvette didn’t recognize the figure, but Emma did. She had seen the figure before, in the first memory she saw in Rich’s mind. She looked at the figure and said, “You’re Rich’s grandfather, at least his spirit.”

Yvette looked at Emma and said, “Is he a ghost?”

The man just laughed and said, “In a way, child. I would like to thank you both for helping my grandson. He’s on the road to recovery. Now, you wanted to know about how the two families knew each other?”

Emma just looked at the figure and said, “You mean you aren’t part of Rich’s mind.”

“Nope, I’m the real deal. Now do you want to know some answers. It might help you understand everything better. It will take Rich a few hours to recover. The poor boy’s been really running the gauntlet here.” She looked at Yvette who was utterly fascinated by the gentleman. The man looked at her and smiled. Emma didn’t know what to think, until the man said, “Well, I don’t believe it. I remember you.”

That was it. Emma just said, “Alright. You have got our attention now. Care to fill us in.” The figure just smiled, and once again, they were on the astral plane, but sitting at a table.

Paige stood with Jono on the one side of the street. She was scared and nervous. Emplate would be one thing, but this was someone they had no idea of what could happen. She then heard Jono say, <I think this is going to be a rough problem.>

Paige looked at him with concern in her eyes. “How bad of a problem?”

She watched as Jono looked around and said, "We can’t detain him in town, not if he’s coming through. I just hope we can detain him a bit at the target area."

Paige knew what he meant. Before they came out here, Sean and Angelo had devised a cunning plan. They would be the look outs, while Daria and Mondo set up the first section of detaining Juggernaut. Then it would be Jubilee’s teams turn. “Think this will work? Ah mean with what we are up against.”

She felt Jono put his arms around her as he look into her eyes and said, "I hope it does, cause when we left, both Yvette and Emma were out of it, and apparently are still out of it."

She thought back to that, but was distracted when she heard the shouting. She knew what it meant. She turned in the direction to see a large form heading straight toward them. She and Jono just looked at each other, and ran in the direction of the target area. It was a stretch of road leading to the school. As they ran, Paige hit her communicator and said, “Banshee. He’s on his way. He’s heading for the first defense.”

Over the same com line, she head Banshee reply. “Alright Husk. Skin will get ye and Chamber out of the way. Ye all know what to do incase he tries to change course once he’s in the trap.” She looked at Jono and he nodded.

She reported over the com unit, “Chamber’s ready.” At that point, they passed under a tree and she felt Skin grab hold of her and Chamber. As he lifted the two up, she saw Juggernaut striding down the road.

As Chamber prepared, she watched as Juggernaut continued past them. She had finally seen this adversary for the first time. Just by his size, she figured that her husking ability would be of little help. She watched as he continued straight down the road, toward the school. Soon, the air was shattered by a sonic scream. She watched as Juggernaut just looked up and laughed. “You think that puny sound is gonna stop me.”

She watched as Banshee just hovered there and said, “Ye ain’t gonna hurt the lad, Cain. We won’t let ye.”

“I don’t plan on hurting him. I plan on killing him. Besides, who’s we. You and Xavier’s puny X-Men.” She noticed that Juggernaut was starting to reach for a tree. She realized that he was going to use it as a bat.

Almost on cue, Chamber let out a blast of energy. She saw Juggernaut look in their direction. She look him square in the eye an said, “We’re Generation X.” As Juggernaut looked at them, she saw Daria come up behind him, with sledge hammers for hands.

As the scene continued, Paige watched as Daria hit him with both hammers. Juggernaut just looked at her and said, “That tickled. Let me show you how to hit someone.” He punched her so hard that she went flying. As Juggernaut laughed, she watched the ground shake. Soon, Mondo surged up from the ground, sending Juggernaut falling down. She watched as he caught Daria.

Paige realized what was happen when Juggernaut fell. He had grabbed a hold of a tree and spun around, hitting Banshee, Daria and Mondo, and finally connecting with the tree that she, Chamber and Skin were in. She lost her balance and almost fell out, were Skin was holding onto both the tree and Chamber. As they clung there, she watched as Juggernaut continued to the school. While she could still reach, she hit her com badge and said, “Jubilee. He’s heading your way. I hope you have a plan.”

No Caption Provided

After Jubilee heard that Juggernaut was coming, she quickly thought it out. She had sent Monet to the Med-Lab, as the last line of defense. She had led both Synch and Darrett to the main room. She and Synch had taken spots on the upper level looking down at the door, while Darrett was standing on the lower level. Hiding in the shadows was the surprise they all had prepared for Juggernaut. She looked across the room and said, “Ready Synch.” He looked at her and nodded. She then looked down at Darrett and said, “Think they can handle this.”

The boy looked at her and said, “I hope so. They’re mindless drones. They won’t rebel.” That helped her confidence. She was nervous how well that part of the plan would work.

She found out how soon she would find out as the door came crashing down, and the huge menace just said, “Knock knock. I’m here.”

She and Synch were almost letting lose paffing him. She just yelled, “You’re not going any farther, Juggie.”

She watched as he went to shield his eyes and shouted, “You again. Is Logan here protecting you again, or did you leave that loser.” She felt her fury building, but she held it in check. If she lost her temper, she’d be of no use.

She then saw the shadows move, and the huge armored creature started towards Juggernaut. She then heard Darrett shout, “This is the end of your mad quest, Juggernaut.”

Jubilee was startled when as one of the creature that had gotten close to Juggernaut was pummeled into pieces with one punch. He just yelled, “I don’t need my eyes to take these out.” She watched as he grabbed a claw from one of them and threw it at Darrett. It opened up and pinned him to a wall. She saw the disbelief on his face.

She quickly yelled to Synch, “Fall back,” but it was too late as Juggernaut pounded the other two creatures and threw the claws in the same way. Soon, they were all pinned to the walls.

As she struggle to move her arms, Juggernaut just continue on, saying, “Was fun playing with you all, but I have a score to settle” He started laughing and continued on.

She then remembered that Darrett had summoned the creatures. “Darrett, why don’t you unsummon theses things, so we can stop him.”

She was distressed to hear him say. “I’ve been trying. It’s as if once they are no more, they can’t be unsummoned. Would make sense then.” She realized what that meant. They had to wait until someone got them down. That also meant that all that stood between Juggernaut and Skitz was M.

Yvette sat at the table as the image of Rich’s grandfather said, “So you want to know about the families. I’ll tell you a little bit.” She was overwhelmed by some of it, but she felt she needed to know.

Emma then said, “Yes, how did both the Cale’s and the St. Croix’s know each other?” This was one of the key questions in her mind as well. She wondered how Rich’s parents and Monet’s parents knew each other.

The figure just said, “Well, it goes back a long way. You see, the Cale’s and the St. Croix’s are part of a few families that try and preserve the good of the world. Out of all the families, there are three families which are considered the high figures. The Cale’s and the St. Croix’s are two of them. For the past centuries, the families have been trying to protect the world from those who would destroy it, be they natural or supernatural, human or mutant, terrestrial or extraterrestrial. Our family has been knights of honor, Paladins.”

Yvette look at him and said, “You mean that Rich will be this Paladin thing.” This somewhat blew her away.

The figure nodded and then said, “Someday, but I hope not before the time arrives. You see, the patriarch of the Cale’s, or the Paladin, at the end of one hundred years, had to always fight a figure know as Apocalypse. Apocalypse always left weakened, where the Paladin always died soon afterward. I fear if Rich went into the battle, he would not be able to survive, and the family line would cease to be.”

Yvette was petrified when she heard that. She then asked a question that was on both hers and Emma’s mind. “How did you know about Emplate?” The figure looked at her and she then said, “Monet St. Croix’s brother.”

The figure then frowned and said, “I always feared that the two would find out about each other. I don’t think they have yet. You see, when Rich was just a baby, we visited the St. Croix’s. We all did not know how Marius would turn out. It wasn’t until Grimore reacted that we knew that the child was evil.”

Emma then said, “So, that’s why the two were kept apart, to keep Rich safe.” Yvette now understood a lot about what had happened. The cat was special.

She then remembered what he said before they were at the table. It puzzled her and she needed to know. “Sir, you said that you remembered me. How?”

The ghostly figure looked at her and said, “When you were very young, maybe 2, I was in Yugoslavia with my family on business. Rich and you both met there. I also never saw Grimore so content. I kept in touch with your family, until the day I died. I was upset when they joined a few years afterward. They said that their daughter was taken by a monster.”

She heard Emma say, “The same monster that took her, is the same one you tried to protect Rich from.”

Yvette watched as the figure was saddened by this. “This is truly upsetting. How could all we tried to keep the children separate manage to pull then back together.”

Yvette just said, “Because it happened that way. If it wasn’t for Rich, I would still be afraid, still have no control over my ability. Without Rich, I would not feel safe. I’d be alone.”

The figure looked at her in almost surprise. He just said, “That’s why Grimore was so content around you. He....” The figure stopped and then said, “You must go. Rich is in trouble, and you need to stop who’s attacking.”

Emma looked at her, and she knew what she was going to say. “He’s here.” Almost instantaneously, they were back in the Med-Lab. Yvette looked out the window in horror as she saw Monet fighting the massive man in armor. She was scared. She then heard Emma say, “Penance. Skitz’s vitals are stabilizing. If we hold Juggernaut back long enough, Skitz will be able to fight.” She tensed up to be ready, and at that moment, M came crashing through the window.

No Caption Provided

Cain Marko had finally reached his goal. This Generation X group was more pitiful that Xavier’s X-Men, but he had to settle the score. He had just sent the African girl into the med lab and then entered where he saw his quarry laying on a bed. Then he was Emma Frost, with one other girl, who obviously was primed to fight. “Is this another pathetic attempt to stop me? You should know by now you can’t stop me.” The African girl came back at him with another punch, right at his helmet. He now understood why they were focusing on his helmet. “I ain’t letting you pull any of your mind tricks on me.” He grabbed the girl and threw her right at Emma Frost. He then saw the other girl come charge at him, with a sharp claw. He was startled when it glowed. He wasn’t expecting that to happen. He was still confident that the claw wouldn’t do anything. Then he felt it. He looked at he side of his arm and saw the cuts. The armor was sliced clean through. “You bitch. I get you for cutting my arm.”

She turned to face him and said, “That ain’t all that’s cut.” He then felt then. His helmet felt lighter. He then heard a clang as it hit the floor. He was furious. He glanced quick at Emma and the other girl. Both were out. He then heard a voice shout. "I won’t let you hurt him." He looked at the girl. She was trying to stop him.

He looked at her and said, “You may have the power to cut the armor, but you can’t stop me, not even with mind tricks.” He smiled when a crest fallen look crossed her face. She backed up near the bed. He started to approach. “First, I squash him for Black Tom, then I’ll break you.”

He then saw something that startled him more than the glowing claw. He saw the boy’s eyes open up, and glowing. He couldn’t move. He glanced at Emma and the other girl. Still both out, which meant that the boy was doing it. He then heard the boy say "I won’t let you hurt her. You can threaten me, but not my love. I won’t have you hurting anyone else today."

Then Cain Marko felt a sharp stabbing pain rip through his mind. When it passed, he couldn’t remember where he was. He looked around the room, stunned. All he could say was, “Where am I?”

No Caption Provided

Richard Cale laid on the bed in the Med-Lab. All he remembered was falling ill on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? Now he had mentally stopped a madman in armor. He had no idea why that guy was there, but the person was threatening his love. He felt Yvette hug him. He looked to face her and said, “Hello love. What happened while I was ill?”

She didn’t get to answer him, when he heard Emma say, “Rich, you’re awake, but where’s Juggernaut.” He was confused by this statement.

He then heard Yvette say. “Rich stopped him. He came through just at the nick of time.”

Now he was totally confused. “Can someone please tell me what happened?”

Yvette took his hand and gave it a slight squeeze. “You fell ill with the Cale Delirium, and mention about Black Tom. Juggernaut, who you took care of, came for revenge.” Rich felt himself go pale.

He then realized what that meant. “What about the others? Are they ok?”

Emma just looked at all who was in the room, and said, “We better check on them.”

Yvette just looked at them and said, “I’ll stay here. I want to talk to Rich for a bit.” He watched as Emma nodded and left the room with Monet. When the two were gone, he heard Yvette say "I had to tell Emma and Sean about your journal."

He looked at her, a little bit scared. That journal was a listing of eerie truths, at least he believed they were truths. "What did they say about it?"

She frown and said, "A bit discomforting, since some of the towns you mentioned aren’t far from here." He sighed. He hoped that the journal would never be seen. He didn’t mind Yvette seeing it, but knowing Sean and Emma knew about it was discomforting. Yvette then said to him "My love, Emma and Sean swore not to tell anyone. Hopefully you find all to be false."

He looked at her and held her close. He just said, "Hopefully, that will be true. I’m scared if the diary proves to be true. I have written many things in that diary, and I always convinced myself that they were all my overactive imagination. I pray that it is."

Fade out...

Next ChapterHunted: Chapter 1: Marked For Death(updated)

Future Chapters and Stories
Library PageRichGenX's Library - The Cale Storyline 7 - If I Had A Delirium