RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RichGenX

Author's Intro

It is August 11th, and after a long day, I bring the penultimate chapter of the last story in The Cale Storyline, Class Dismissed. That means only one more chapter and this complete series is up here on ComicVine. This story is the final chapter in that series, with things coming to an apparent conclusion. I had a lot of things to bring to a conclusion, including a final face off with Emplate. In this chapter, the battle is just starting, and it does look like Emplate has the upper hand. Can Generation X overcome this plot? Enjoy.

Generation X Cale Storyline Disclaimer

Attention: Generation X and their villains, as well as any other mutant mentioned in this story, is property of Marvel Comics. The character Richard Cale is named after family relations. Any other reference to anything copyrighted is a chance happening.

No Caption Provided

====================================================

Class Dismissed

Prior Stories and Chapters
Previous ChapterA Wedding Ends In Chaos(updated)

Chapter 10: Chaos Erupts (updated)

Bishop was shocked at what was happening. Emplate had planned a perfect attack. He waited for everyone to be unprepared, and then somehow managed to single out the one who could do the most to hinder everyone and captured them. He then heard Godiva shout, “What did you do with, Kai?”

He saw an evil grin cross Emplate face as he said, “Don’t worry, she’s not dead. However, her power is quite delicious. But then, you know about what it can do, don’t you?”

Bishop knew he had to do something. He knew the most about Emplate, but something bothered him. If this was the start of the Emplate War, why wasn’t there a portal? It could be a trick, but with the powerful psi’s out of the picture, there was too great a risk. If Emplate got a hold of Professor X, it would mean disaster. Bishop looked up and saw the Generation X kids were trying to prepare to fight, but he had to put up the first line of defense. He quickly shouted, “Cyclops, Storm, Rogue. We need to stop Emplate and his crew.”

He saw Storm take to the air as she said, “I shall hold them back with the winds. Rogue, maybe you can take out Emplate’s followers with your strength.” He also noticed that a wind started to pick up in the room. It was a sign that Storm was about to use her power to keep Emplate’s group at bay.

He was then startled when the wind stopped. He looked up at Storm to see her just floating there. Whatever had happened, he felt Emplate was somehow the cause. It wasn’t until the one boy with Emplate said, “Sorry, Storm, but it looks like we need to call a time out,” that his assumptions were right. Whatever was happening had him worried, and he didn’t know what the cause was.

He then heard Cyclops say, “Bishop, Rich just told me the guys name is Freeze Frame. He can stop anyone in time.” When he heard that, he wondered if his own unique time situation might make him immune to Freeze Frame’s power.

After hearing that news, he yelled, “Rogue, you and Cyclops, try to stop the others. I’ll handle Freeze Frame. He then saw Cyclops was taking his sunglasses off, preparing to let loose one of his optic blast on Emplate and his crew.

At that moment Rogue also took to the air and, “Ah’ll hit him with a punch so hard, he’ll be going through the far wall of the building.” He watched as she started to fly through the air, only to be stopped in mid air. He then noticed the same thing happening to Cyclops’ optic blast. It was then he heard Rogue say, “What is happening?”

He then heard the girl, who had to be Aura, say, “Sorry. I can’t let you harm my son’s father.” With a quick action, he saw Rogue and Cyclops get pushed into the wall, knocking the wind out of them. He was now the last X-Men standing.

He was then startled when Rich’s cat hissed from where it was perched. He was almost puzzled when Emplate looked at the cat and said, “Don’t think I forgot about you Grimore. I’ve learned much about you, but I think it would be better if you told everyone about your life” He then noticed both Emplate’s hand and the cat were glowing.

What happened next caught him completely off guard. He heard the cat speak. It was all of a sudden that Grimore said, “Damn you, Marius. Do you know what you caused?” He was in shock when the cat spoke. He had never heard of cat speaking. He was so surprised, he didn’t notice that Emplate launched a powerful engery orb and him. When it hit him, he screamed and then started to pass out. He just hoped Gen X could handle the new Emplate.

No Caption Provided

Aura was happy when the last of the X-Men fell. Now all that was left was Generation X. She could see how shocked they all were, most likely because the cat was now speaking. She even heard Grimore continue his yelling. “Your father should have never let you grow up. You were evil as a child, and evil as you grew up. He should have also destroyed you when you were split from that creature you had created.” Marius had told her about that. He had told his sister to merge all of them, the resulting creature was more powerful than all of them.

She heard Marius say, “My father thought he could reform me. He was mistaken, but you weren’t. Especially when I saw you near Richard as a baby. It took me all this time to realize how fate had bound us all together. Now, as fate dictates, all of Generation X will be mine. The world will be mine.”

She noticed then the Rich was getting up. He must have been still dazed by the door. She also heard Banshee say, “The three of ye to stop all of us. You may have knocked some of us out, but ye are still out numbered.”

Aura looked at Sean and shot an aura hand at him, saying “Do you honestly think so. Face it, Banshee, we have you outnumered.” Her aura slammed Banshee into the wall, pushing the breath out of him. When she pulled her hand back, she saw Banshee collapse to the floor.

She saw Emplate wave his hands and say, “Do you honestly think there was only three of us here? Come out my Hellions.” She then heard the footfalls of the others behind them. Emplate had brought almost all of his hellions with him.

She was surprised when she heard Rich say, “So you have an army, and surprised us. Well, you’re not the only one with surprises. Mancer, get some help here.” It was then she had noticed that Rich hadn’t opened his eyes, until now. An optic blast pushed Emplate back, and she saw Rich start running towards Blink. Cyclops power had left him, and now something was about to happen.

At that time, many of the creatures that Darrett would summon appeared in the room. Most of them were the creatures called Garthim, but she couldn’t tell the others as bright flashes blinded her. She screamed as Jubilee shouted, “You forgot some old tricks, Aura.” When she could see again, she saw Rich tackle Emplate into a portal, and saw the metal bugs from Daria attacking her. She staggered back in fright, and felt the battle was taking a turn for the worse. Their plan was taking a bad turn.

No Caption Provided

When Mondo noticed the attack on Aura, he knew there was a chance. He had seen Skitz tackle Emplate out of the area, with Blink’s power. Now while some had targets, they could focus on the others. With Mancer’s creatures helping to protect, he decided he needed to help. Maybe if he stopped Freeze Frame, Storm could blow many away with her weather power. In fact, before Freeze Frame used his power, he had felt a wind picking up. He also noticed that Angelo was speaking with Godiva, and they were heading outside. He also saw D.O.A. moving in on Penance. He looked at Husk, and said, “You help Penance, I’m going to stop Freeze Frame.”

He saw Husk nod and say, “I don’t know why he’s doing that. He knows Penance’s power, but it’s like he’s not afraid.” He had to admit, that puzzled him as well.

He started to morph into the floor and say, “Don’t try to figure it out now. We need to stop Emplate’s forces, and then find some way to help Rich, where ever he is.” With that, he was part of the floor and moved swiftly to where Freeze Frame was standing. Freeze Frame was still focused on Storm, so he decided it was time for a surprise. He just said, “Hey Freeze Frame, heads up.”

He saw Freeze Frame glance around for a moment, saying, “What the...?” It was that moment that he sprung out of the floor, causing Freeze Frame to fall over. He then heard Storm fall to the ground. He hoped it wouldn’t take long for her to recover from the fall and attack.

Mondo then punched Freeze Frame, sending him towards the window, but the next punch would send him out. Mondo looked at Freeze Frame and said, “You should have realized Generation X was far from defeated.” He then went to throw another punch at Freeze Frame.

He was stunned when Freeze Frame ducked out of the way and said, “You got one lucky shot, but that’s it. Besides, even if I lose, Emplate will still win. He’s got Skitz right where he wants him, alone and outside. The only unexpected part was you all fighting back. But I’ll stop you, Mondo.”

The taunting was the last straw and Mondo went to punch out Freeze Frame until his fist stopped in mid air. He started to shout “What’s hap...” and he realized it. Freeze Frame had put him in the time freeze, but when he came to, the scene was different from what he figured might happen if they got caught.

No Caption Provided

When Storm came to, she realized she wasn’t flying anymore. Whatever Freeze Frame had done to her, it caused her to drop like a rock. She looked over at Freeze Frame and saw that he was focused on Mondo. Most likely, Mondo had managed to come to her aid. She also noticed that she was the only X-Men standing. She didn’t see Emplate, or Skitz anywhere in the room. She also noticed that Godiva and Skin were gone, and Aura was acting blinded. She guessed that was parially due to Daria, since the girls hands and hair were missing, due to her metallic power. She then took to the air, causing the winds to blow. She looked over at Freeze Frame and said, “You have made a foolish mistake, child. Never doubt the powers of nature.”

She saw him face her and say, “I can stop more people at one time. I’ll stop you again, and I’ll stop the weather in turn.” It was at that point she caused lighting to strike the spot he was in, not enough to kill him, but enough to shock him. The resulting shock caused Mondo to return to life.

She looked at him and said, “Thank you for the help, Mondo. Now, maybe you can help keep the others in place.”

She watched as he nodded and said, “Sure thing, Storm. Blow the bad guys away.” She watched as he morphed into the floor and held everyone in place. Soon the winds forced all the windows open, and everyone of Emplate’s goons flew out the window. As soon as the last one flew out, she calmed the wind down and went over to the others.

She looked over all there and said, “Is everyone alright? I hope no one is hurt.” She could tell some were out, but if they were injured was anyone’s guess. She also noticed some people were still missing, and all the psi’s were still out.

Storm was almost surprised when Bishop started to get up and said, “I’ll be fine. We just need to be sure everyone is still together. This wasn’t it.”

Storm looked at him and said, “What do you mean by that Bishop?” His comment had puzzled her. She knew of the time he came from, but something was truely bothering him. She then said, “Is it about the war that is to come?”

She watch as he nodded and said, “Yes, but there weren’t two Emplate. There wasn’t a portal. This is not what was supposed to happen. This wasn’t the moment that started it. It’s still going to happen.” She realized what Bishop was going on about, but she could also sense something was happening outside. She then hoped that Skitz was safe.

--------------------------------

Skin saw that things were turning around. With Daria and Jubilee’s attack on Aura, and Skitz’s rushing of Emplate, events were turning in Gen X’s favor. He went over to Godiva and said, “Godiva, I think Emplate has Kyuukai near by. This attack was right after she disappeared. I think Emplate might have her outside. He was expecting an easy capture. I bet he has her out there, with no guards.”

He noticed Godiva look to the door out and said, “Do you think he was that over confident? I don’t think he wouldn’t have a guard, but you are right. Kyuukai has to still be on school grounds. But how will we get outside?”

Skin smiled and said, “Hold on.” With that, he felt Godiva’s hair lash around him. Then, with skill he had developed through his time here. He quickly grabbed the chandelier in the main hall, and pulled him and Godiva out of the hall where the wedding was. He turned around, and saw that Emplate’s forces were now on the losing side of the battle. He hoped this meant that they would be fleeing.

He started for the door when Godiva said, “Oh no, what are all those things in there?”

He looked in and smiled. “Mancer brought in extra help. I think they will be fine, now let’s find Kyuukai.” He watched as she nodded and the headed out the door. He then glanced over everything and looked for signs of movement. They must have hidden her somewhere around there.

He was shocked when Godiva said, “I see her. She is by that tree over there.” He watched as she started to head towards it. He didn’t have to think twice to realize it was a trap. He quickly reached out and grabbed her, pulling her back. She started to shout, “She’s over there, Skin. We can save....” He last words were silenced when a plasma blast hit the ground she was standing at.

He glanced up to the tree line and noticed some movement. That was the guard, and who ever it was, they looked familiar. He looked at Godiva and said, “This will not be easy.” It was the truth. Whoever was guarding Kyuukai, they were not going to let them leave. He also prepared for the next blast. If they shot again, he’d be out of the way. Now they needed a quick plan to get past the guard.

No Caption Provided

Godiva looked up to where Skin had spotted the guard. Whoever it was, they were using powers like Jubilee. As she looked, she watched for signs of movement. She had to rescue Kyuukai, but this guard was not about to let her near her lover. As she watched, she heard Skin say, “I have a feeling who it is, since it had to be someone that Kyuukai recognized.”

Godiva looked at Skin and said, “Are you sure you know? Kyuukai wouldn’t know anyone who would want to do the stuff Emplate does. She’s too motherly, at least when we aren’t alone. I don’t think Emplate knew anything about that. The only way he might have learned that was...” It was then it hit her. “if he learned it from the girls. That means the one up there is Britney.”

She heard a familiar voice shout, “That’s right. Now stand still while I blast you.” She saw the blast coming just as it started. She jumped left while Skin jumped right. She had a feeling long ago that Britney was manipulative, but she must have been manipulated by Emplate himself.

She heard Skin say, “She must have been working for him back then, but when he captured them, he revealed he tricked her. She probably agreed to join his forces, but she isn’t a mutant. She shouldn’t be shooting sparks like Jubilee.”

Godiva knew Skin was right, and now it was time to find out how. She quickly manipulated her hair and started whipping it at the area where Britney was hiding. Soon she heard a scream as she hit her target and started striking the same spot again and again. Soon, she had destroyed Britney’s hiding spot, as well as the gloves that allowed her to shoot sparks. Soon she lashed her hair around Britney and said, “Rule one, Britney. Never come between me and Kyuukai.”

As she used her hair to throw Britney, she heard a crash come from the school and Skin said, “Looks like they are cleaning house. All of Emplate’s goons are flying out the window.”

She smiled and said, “Then little Britney is gonna join them.” With that, she tossed Britney into the mess that was Emplate group. She then ran over and freed Kyuukai and said, “Are you alright, Kai?”

She felt upset when Kyuukai said, “He fed off me. He used my powers against everyone. I feel so ashamed.” She saw Kyuukai had started to cry. She understood how Kai had felt, because it had happened to her.

Godiva then heard Skin gasp as he said, “I think now would be a good time to head inside. Look!” She then saw it. Over the roof of the building, a huge swirling light had appeared. At that point, she followed him inside. She also had a feeling where Rich was.

When Penance saw her husband disappear with Emplate, she was scared. She knew he was teleporting Emplate to the roof, but he didn’t say why. The move did help boost Gen-X’s morale. The only bad thing was now Skitz was alone with Emplate, and she didn’t know how long he’d have until Blink’s power ran out. She also had seen Godiva run out after Skin, most likely to find Kyuukai. She also saw some of Mancer’s summons ready to defend. She also felt that was the best place for her, since she was now with child. She was getting ready to head over there with her hands tensed up, when she heard someone behind her. She spun around and was facing D.O.A. She saw he was holding something. She stepped back and said, “He’s not going to win, D.O.A. Skitz is going to stop him. I’m not going to be his meal anymore.”

She notice the grin on his face got even wider as he said, “Now, now, Penance, you should have stayed with him. Of course, that might have meant you’d be the mother of little Marcus. However, I think Emplate might ask you to help in the feedings. Of course, maybe your little one will help with that too.”

That made her angry. No one was going to threaten the life of her child. She took a swipe at D.O.A. and said, “I will not let you harm my child.” She saw him raise his arm in a defensive measure. It wouldn’t help him. More that likely, he’d lose the arm. She didn’t want him to hurt her child, or anyone for that matter. She was free of Emplate’s evil grip, and she was going to stay that way.

It was then she noticed her claw had stopped. She couldn’t believe that D.O.A’s arm stopped her claw. There had to be something in there. She tried it again and again, and each time his arm stopped her. It didn’t make any sense, until he said, “Penance, didn’t you ever learn that relatives can’t hurt each other directly with their powers.”

It was then she realized what her dream had meant. She started to back away from D.O.A., knowing that she couldn’t hurt him. As she backed away, she noticed that the item he was holding was like a ball. She just said, “Stay away from me, cousin.”

Penance noticed D.O.A. grinned more as he tossed the item and it opened up into a straight jacket to hold her. She fell backwards when it started to wrap her up. As she fell, she heard D.O.A. say, “I’m glad you remembered. However, I think you forgot about my technical skills. The same ones that allowed me to create something capable of restraining you, and mimic what Hunter had created long ago.” She tried to get free, but couldn’t and the real horror of everything hit her. She then saw Paige was heading over to her, and that gave her hope.

No Caption Provided

Husk had shed her skin, revealing a cast iron skin. She was heading over to Penance when she heard who D.O.A. actually was. Now they knew how Emplate found Penance in the first place. He must have been the one who told Emplate about Penance. As she approached, she heard D.O.A. say, “I knew about your abilitiy. When I found out about my own, I invented a device to detect mutants, and their abilities, before they even knew about them. It’s amazing what you can build when you know how to create it.”

She got closer as quietly as possible and heard Yvette say, “He won’t win. He’s fighting Skitz right now. Emplate will be defeated before he can hurt another.”

She heard D.O.A. laugh as he said, “If all goes according to plan, Skitz won’t be here when it ends. The boss plans to send him very far away. So far away, that only the boss will be able to bring him back.” She could see Penance’s look of fear as he said that. She also felt the wind picking up in the room. She then saw Storm flying, back in action after Freeze Frame stopped her.

Husk grabbed D.O.A., spun him around and said, “Looks to me like yuh are checking out now.” She punched him so hard he flew into the maelstrom. She then grabbed Penance so she wouldn’t blow away as well. As the rest of Emplate’s goons flew out the windows, she looked at Penance and said, “Are you alright, Penance?”

She watched as Penance looked at her and said, “Skitz is fighting with Emplate, and it looks like Emplate has something planned for him. Emplate must have anticipated everything.”

When the wind died, she set Penance down and tried to get the restraints off Penance. She then heard a noise and saw Gabe and Blink disappear. She looked at Penance and said, “I think Skitz is about to get some help.”

She heard Penance sigh in relief, and said, “Maybe Gabe can help Rich stop Emplate. The two of them should be able to stop Emplate.”

She then heard Skin shout as he entered, “Something weird is going on outside. It don’t look natural.” She ran over to one of the windows, and looked up at the odd lights about the school. It did not look good at all.

She turned to see Blink right behind her. Blink looked at her and said, “Gabe said we might want to hold on tight.” Before she could ask why, she felt a force trying to pull them out the windows. Whatever Emplate had planned, it was happening now.

She then heard Jubilee say, “It sounds like one of Gateway’s portal, only much bigger.” It was then the words she heard D.O.A. say hit her. She glanced at Penance, who looked almost panicked as she realized the extend of those words. Whatever Emplate had planned, this would be the end of everything if Emplate won.

Next ChapterDeparture(updated)

Library PageRichGenX's Library - The Cale Storyline 16 - Class Dismissed