RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RichGenX

Author's Intro

As July comes closer to an end, July 28th brings the third chapter of my fifteenth story, Destiny. In the past stories, I had set things in motion for an encounter with Apocalypse, an encounter that Richard Cale is far from ready for. This story brings that encounter to the unready mutant, but it brings much more, reuniting Generation X with a former member. With the third chapter of the story, with Richard Cale and Yvette captured, they fall victim to the Dark Beast, and some psychological mind games, but will they work?

Generation X Cale Storyline Disclaimer

Attention: Generation X and their villains, as well as any other mutant mentioned in this story, is property of Marvel Comics. The character Richard Cale is named after family relations. Any other reference to anything copyrighted is a chance happening.

No Caption Provided

====================================================

Destiny

Prior Stories and Chapters

Previous ChapterNew Freedoms(updated)

Chapter 3: Prisoners Of Evil (updated)

The Dark Beast looked at the figure in the cage in front of him. He had remembered part of what he had done to her in his timeline. Now he had a chance to repeat the experiment. First he had to make sure she wasn't able to tense up. He pulled out the collar and placed it on her. Once on, a light showed that it was active. He smiled and said, "Now, all I need to do is set up the equipment to monitor all the readings." As he started setting up the equipment, he saw the door open and Apocalypse and Claudette entered the room. He looked back to his work and said, "Is there something I can help you with?"

He saw as the two walked over to the cage Yvette was in. He watched as Apocalypse eyed her and said, "I hope that formula will be as successful as you claim it will be. If it does work, it will be the final blow to the Cale family. Plus, if it works as you claim, even if Cale survives, his wife won't be the same woman he fell in love with."

He saw Claudette look sternly at Apocolypse and said, "What do you mean? I thought you were allowing her to be given to my brother." He knew of the agreement that Claudette had made with Apocolypse.

He saw Apocolypse look at him and say, “Beast, please explain to Claudette what the formula will do.”

He smiled and said, “The basics of the formula is to make the subject of the formula not able to have children. A side affect will redirect her mutant ablities into another function of the body. The redirection could eventually kill her, but I’m sure your brother won’t let that happen.”

He then heard Apocolypse say, “He already has to deal with something like that with the girls he captured. I’m sure he’d enjoy seeing that happen to Yvette.”

He saw Claudette smile as she said, “Marius has told me about the girls. I’m sure he’ll like seeing that happening to Yvette, but what about her powers?”

Dark Beast smiled as he said, “They can be restored. I’ll write down the process so you can tell your brother. Also, I’ll use the formula on Rich. It should have a similar effect on him, however, I don’t know what it will do to redirect his power.”

He was surprised when Apocolypse said, “NO! I want to fight Cale as he is. Besides, just hearing about his wife might break his spirit. He’s still not up to this fight, and as long as Genearion X can’t get here, he has no back-up. We just have to wait until he awakes. You may administer the formula soon. Wait until you hear that Rich is awake.” He then saw Apocalypse look at the silent form of Monet. He saw the girl look away, and Apocalypse said, “You may be able to check the formula on her. However, you can use it on Yvette first.” He then looked at the formula he had. He had enough for three doses. He wanted to save the third dose so he could make more, so he hoped it worked the first time. He then prepared a syringe for injection.

No Caption Provided

Q. T. looked at the cage at the end of the room. She smiled as she looked at the figure inside it. She wondered how soon it would be that she could taunt him. She also knew she wasn’t alone in the room. She turned to face Soundwave and said, “How long until he comes to?”

She saw Soundwave look at her and say, “He’ll be awake soon. Why do you care? You are just one of Claudette’s lackeys. Only thing he might have done to you was ruin one of her plans.”

Q. T. just pushed Soundwave and said, “He foiled my plans back in college. Claudette has given me a chance at revenge. My hate for him is genuine, unlike yours. I think you would rather be friends again.” She watched as he flinched. She could tell he was faltering in who he wanted to work for. Maybe she'd have to keep a closer eye on him.

She then heard a soft groan come fromt he cage. Rich was finally waking. She watched as Rich finally said, "Where am I?"

She smiled again and said, "Right were you should be, captured and facing the worse fate imaginable." She smiled as he jumped up and stared straight at her. She then said, "Are you surprised to see me here, Rich?"

She watched as Rich stared at her, then at Soundwave, then back at her. He just said, "Let me guess, Claudette is helping Apocalypse."

She could see Soundwave was confused, but she just said, "Yes. She needed help with something, and in exchange, she helped lure you here. In fact, it was me who called you. I don't think your little wife realized it."

She watched as Rich almost launched himself at the cage and said, "If you've hurt her in any way, Quinn, I'll make you regret it."

She then heard Soundwave say, "Don't worry. She in good hands. She's with the Dark Beast right now." She saw a look of fear cross Rich's face. He was obviously aware of what the Dark Beast was capable of.

She then said, "Don't worry, in time, she will be in better hands. Those of Claudette's brother." She watched as he threw himself into the bars, only to be knocked back by a zap of electricity. She had to laugh at that, especially as he realized what had happened.

No Caption Provided

Rich shook his head, mostly in shock. The cage was rigged. If he tried to bust out, he’d get shocked, but he could tell it wasn’t lethal. Apocalypse wanted to have the honor of killing him. He looked at his two captors, and said, “You know Generation X will come. They aren’t going to let you win.”

He watched Q.T. turn and say, “Like they know where you went. They don’t even know this was a trap. Now, I’ll let Soundwave stay with you. I’m going to watch the fun in the next room.” Rich watched as she walked out the door.

He then heard Soundwave say, “I hate that bitch. She acts like she’s all high and mighty.” It sounded almost as if Soundwave was addressing him.

Rich just sat down and said, “I know the feeling, Davis. I know the feeling.” For a moment, he forgot Soundwave was the one who put him in here. But he could feel there was something different about his old friend.

He then heard Davis say, “You remember that time in our one math class when you told the teacher that he should have said that in the first place.” Rich knew what Davis was referring too.

Rich started to laugh and said, “It would have saved at least thirty minutes if he would have said what I said in the begining.” He now had a feeling that after all this time, Davis was feeling genuine regret. Rich looked over at Davis and said, “What happened to our friendship, Davis?”

He saw his former friend look at him and say, “I don’t know. When I was offered the job to work for Big Blue, I became spellbound. At first, he wanted you in jail, then he convince me you should be dead, and now he wants you alive. I can’t make sense of it. If I had a sign, I’d know what to do.”

Rich looked at Davis for a moment and said, “Yea. I wish I had that sign too. Look at me, Davis. I thought by now, I’d have a family, my kids would have grandparents, and I’d have a normal job. Things don’t work like that for mutants, do they?”

He saw Davis smile and say, “Hey, at least you got a wife who loves you. Listen, Rich, if you make it through this. I’m gonna try and change. At least one of us should have a chance at their dreams.”

Rich was about to say something when he heard a loud scream. It was Yvette. She was hurt. Rich looked over at Davis and said, “What is that monster doing to her?”

He saw Davis turn and say, “I don’t know, but I’m hoping it doesn’t work, or that dream of yours won’t come true.” Rich was scared now. For a moment, he did the one thing he could do to help. He started to pray.

No Caption Provided

Yvette screamed as she felt the pinch in her arm, followed by the burning. Something was injected into her. She openned her eyes and was surprised who was standing their, until she realized who it really was. She was looking at the Dark Beast, and he was holding a syringe. He had injected something into her. She wondered how he was able to do it when she felt the collar. Her powers were being halted. Then she saw a few other faces in the room. She was almost frozen in fear. It was Apocalypse. He was something she could never truly imagine. A being more evil than Emplate. And next to him, was Claudette. She backed away and said, “You set us up.”

She was horrified when Apocalypse just said, “No, only bringing the inevitable to be. The end of the Cales, and the beginning of my rule. Of course, Claudette will make sure you have a good home.” That scared her.

She watched as Claudette smiled and said, “Yes. Marius will be happy to see you again. Right now, we have to set things up. By the way, I can’t wait to see your new look.” She watched as the group left the room, leave her and Dark Beast in there.

Yvette looked at the Dark Beast studying his read outs and said, “What did you do to me?” She was scared that he had put something into her that would kill her, or worse.

She watched as he kept looking at his read outs and said, “Don’t worry, it won’t kill you. However, you may not be able to have children if it does it’s job.” She saw a smile cross his lip as he said, “However, I think your friend over there is hoping it works. I don’t think she wants it tested on her.”

Yvette was worried when she heard that. Had Generation X tried to rescue them, only to be caught. She had to put that thought out of her mind. She turned to see who he was refering to, only to be in utter shock when she saw who it was. She gasped and said, “Monet?”

Monet looked at her, and she could tell Monet was scared and relieved at the same time. “Yvette. I’m sorry I can’t help you. Claudette got herself seperated from me, but this thing is keeping me from using my powers.”

She then heard the Dark Beast say, “We don’t want you wrecking this lab, or the master’s plan. However, you will be a good test subject.” Yvette saw Monet cringe. She then heard the Dark Beast say, “What is this?” She turned to face him, only to see a worried look on his face.

She wanted to know what he found, but he got up and ran out of the room. As she watched the door closed, she started to have a good feeling, followed by a bad feeling. She heard Monet say, “What happened, Yvette?”

She just looked straight ahead and wondered what was on those monitors as she said, “I think his formula failed, but I want to know why?” She heard a small cry of fear escape Monet’s lips. Monet knew what was coming, and she knew it too. The Dark Beast would test the formula on her next. Yvette started to hope Generation X would get there soon.

Mondo sat in the vehicle as it headed off to the location in the message. When they all learned Claudette was involved, it meant a lot of new factors. It meant Claudette’s gang was helping Apocolypse. It also meant, due to what they learned about the incident a while back, that Monet might be back. With all the factors, Mondo knew Banshee was speeding to find Skitz and Penance. Mondo then saw it in the distance. He just said, “Banshee. Look over there. I think that’s Skitz’s car.”

He felt Banshee slam on the brakes as he said, “Yur right Mondo. That is the lad’s car.”

He then heard Mancer say, as the vehicle finally halted, “Or what’s left of it. I think Soundwave totalled it.” Mondo had to agree. What was there was not much, just the reminents of a fire. He was thankful the fire hadn’t spread.

Mondo then said, “I wonder why the police haven’t gotten here yet. You would think a car fire would get their attention.” He was partially thankful the police weren’t there. They would have to explain why they were there.

Soon, he heard sirens in the distance. He heard Jubilee say, “Looks like you spoke too soon, Mondo. Banshee, how are we gonna explain this?”

He was surprised when Banshee said, “We aren’t lass. You all head out and hunt down where they are hiding. Emma and I will take care of the police. Keep in touch, and we will call you when it’s handled. Now go.”

Mondo didn’t need to be told twice. He melted into the earth as some of the other flew and ran into the background. He hoped it wouldn’t take long to find the secret lair. How could anyone hide a lair in this area. It would have to be underground, or something like that. As he moved, he felt something odd. A strange metal structure under the ground. It had to be the lair. He tried to figure out where the entrance was and surfaced to see a cave. That had to be the entrance. He was half tempted to try and morph in, but decided not to. He decided to wait a moment before calling the others. He looked in the cave to see if anyone was guarding it. It was odd that it was unprotected. Soon, a beep came from his communicator and he heard Emma say, “The police have been taken care of. What’s the status?”

He just said, “I found the lair entrace. It’s a cave, and the whole thing is underground. I don’t know if it’s guarded or not.” He didn’t see a guard, but there might be one hiding.

He then heard Banshee say, “Alright everyone, get to Mondo’s location and wait for us. No one heads in until we check the situation out. We may need to find another entrance.” He nodded and decided to wait. No sense getting killed, especially in this situation.

No Caption Provided

Sean looked around as he touched down to the ground. Everyone had gotten to the site of the cave. It looked like Mondo was right. It looked like an entrance to the lair. If this was the lair, something bothered him about it. Something else was bothering him. It was the whole situation. If he was right, that entrance was not totally unprotected. When the last of their group arrived, he said, "Alright, what does everyone think?"

He was not surprised when Jono said, "Looks like it is unguarded, but if that is the only entrance, it's most likely guarded."

He then heard Paige say, "But by who, Chamber? No one has tried to attack us. Maybe there are weapons there?"

He then heard Jubilee say, "Maybe the weapons are activated when something enters the room, Husk. Maybe we should test it, like throw a rock into the cave. Or I could shoot a blast into the cave."

Sean looked at her and said, "It's a good idea, Jubilee, but we'll go with the rock. Everyone get back. I'll toss a rock in there, and we'll see what happens." He waited as everyone got back to cover. If there was going be an attack when he threw the rock in, he wanted to limit the amount of injury that was received. He looked straight at the cave and threw the rock. He watched as the rock entered the cave and hit the ground. That was it. Nothing had happened, no attack and no threat of an attack. The rock landed silently. Sean quickly realized what that meant. He turned back to the others and said, "We have to find another way in."

He saw Darrett look at him and ask the big question. "Why? I didn't hear anything happen." Sean looked at him and the boy realized what Sean was hinting at.

He then heard Clarice say, "I could blink in and out before the guard could realize I was there." It seemed that Blink was the only one who didn't realize what the lack of sound meant.

He then heard Everett say, "Blink, I think the big problem won't be getting in, but the lack of sound. I think Golden is guarding the entrance. No sound came out of the cave."

He then heard Emma say, "There must be some sort of barrier that acts as a one way gate. You can enter, but not exit. That must be holding a limit to Golden's power. If we can find a way to break the barrier, we may get the drop on him."

Emma was right. He looked at everyone and said. "Alright, half of you, try to find another entrance. The rest, find something to disable what ever is holding that barrier up." He watched as all the kids headed off, and then he turned to the cave. He looked in to see movement for the first time. It was then he recognized the person. It was Golden, as he suspected.

No Caption Provided

Golden had seen the rock fly through the special barrier. He also saw who had thrown it. It was the noisy member of Generation X, Banshee. He looked out of the cave as all the members came out of hiding. He watched as they spoke and finally headed out in different directions. He then saw Banshee look directly at him. The man had seen him. He didn't need to read Banshee's lips to know what was going on. Generation X was looking to find another way in. Either that, or to find what powered the barrier. The barrier was all he needed to create a void of sound in the cave entrance. If that barrier wasn't there, his power would try to kill the sound in the infinate area of the world. If they killed the barrier, his power would try it and it would overwealm him.

Right now, he needed to inform Claudette of Gen X’s arrival. He focused on the psi-link and said, "Claudette, we have a problem."

He wanted for her response. She would ask what the problem is, but would it be in time. He was thankful when she finally said, "This better be important, Golden. It is really hitting the fan down here."

Golden quietly swallowed and said, "Generation X is here. They aren’t attempting to enter, but I feel they are searching for another way in. They may find a way to get past the barrier."

He waited until he heard Claudette say, "They won’t find another way in, and the power source to that field is down here. Without sound, they can’t do anything. Remember, you are used to silence, not them." He nodded. He lived his life is silence. He was adjusted to it, not them. He turned his attention back to the entrance of the cave. There was no way they could get by him.

No Caption Provided

Apocalypse looked at the Dark Beast and wanted to blast him at that moment. He did not like hearing news of failure. The only thing keeping him from blasting Dark Beast was the fact that the Dark Beast was one of the few people loyal to him. He then said, “Why didn’t the formula work? You tell me it failed, but you did not tell me why.”

He watched as the Dark Beast calmly stepped back and said, “Her body is already going through some of the changes the formula would cause. The formula can’t create them if they are occurring naturally.”

The fact that Dark Beast was just dancing around the main point was upsetting him even more. He wanted the answer straight away, not danced around it. He just stood and said, “Answer the question. What is wrong?”

He noticed the Dark Beast jump back when he said, “She’s with child. It’s still early, but she’s with child. She carrying the next in the Cale family.” That was news he did not want to hear. He thought that he could end their family by destroying Rich and his relatives. Rich was the natural heir, and now that he will have an heir, the title would go to them. He had to be rid of that line, once and for all.

He looked at Dark Beast and said, “Try the formula on Monet first. If it works as expected, take steps to make sure Yvette is without child. Then administer the formula to her. I want to make sure Cale has no hope when it comes time to battle.”

He was almost surprised when Claudette said, “You may not have much time. Golden just informed me that Generation X is here. They must have found us somehow.” He thought of the battle between Cale and Soundwave and remembered seeing the two fall back. They had known something had changed.

It was then it hit him. He turned to Soundwave and said, “Soundwave, I want you to make sure Cale is ready for the battle. He, or his wife, must have been wearing a communicator of some sort. I must end this now. Claudette, if Generation X manages to break through, detain them. If the manage to rescue some of their team, I want them to know one should not cross Apocalypse.” He then headed out of the room, watching as Soundwave went off to do his task. Only one thing bothered him. A look he saw on Soundwave’s face, like the boy was concerned about an unborn child.

Next ChapterFoe To Friend(updated)
Future Chapters and Stories
Last Chapter (Chapter 5)Fight To Finish(updated)

Next Stories in the Cale Storyline (All links will go to the first chapter)
Class Dismissed

Library PageRichGenX's Library - The Cale Storyline 15 - Destiny