RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RichGenX

Author's Intro

For July 24th, I am posting the last chapter of Iron X. This story has three things to note. First off, this is the first story of The Cale Storyline that did not get posted up on Kindred Spirits. Second, this is the first true crossover with an existing show, that being the original Iron Chef. Finally, this the first story I ever did a collaboration on, with fellow Generation X fan, Richard 'Kyoguro' Palmer. In fact, it would mark the first time our characters had ever encountered, as he had started planning to put my characters in his stories. In this chapter, the events come to a head, and the villain is revealed to nothing more than a pawn. How does this go over? Read and find out.

Generation X Cale Storyline Disclaimer

Attention: Generation X and their villains, as well as any other mutant mentioned in this story, is property of Marvel Comics. The character Richard Cale is named after family relations. Any other reference to anything copyrighted is a chance happening.

No Caption Provided

====================================================

Iron X

Prior Stories and Chapters
Previous ChapterRegroup With New Allies(updated)

Chapter 7: Truth Revealed (updated)

This was not good. Bob Bonega had flown to Japan on Canons request, at the use of Asylum Seven's corporate jet, designed off of the concord. It didn't take him long to get here. But had Bonega known the situation he would have found some reason to stay home. Canon and Bob were inside the Takanaki towers, two huge buildings that disguised ‘The Hand's’ current base of operations. As he and Canon took the elevator to ‘The Hand's’ lair, beneath the buildings basement. Bob could feel Canon's rage radiating from the huge man. Canon never appeared angry. Even when Canon was about to kill a man he was always calm. But Canon's eyes could not hide his rage, and Canon's eyes held an intense amount of fury. This was not good.

No Caption Provided

The doors opened and Canon stepped into the wide halls of the Hands' stronghold. Canon walked down the hallway into a wide open room where he heard angry Japanese voices resounding off of the walls. The voices were countered by a louder deeper voice with an American accent. As Canon stepped into the room all the voices went quiet, the only sound was that of Canon's boots against the floor. Canon casually walked up to the group of ninjas and stopped, overlooking the whole group, including Equilibrium, still dressed in his Ninja attire. Canon inhaled through his nostrils reached out and grabbed a ninja and punched him as hard as he could in the face. The ninja flew against the adjacent wall, crumpling to the floor with blood pouring out of his nose.

"Gaijin Dog!" shouted the lead ninja drawing his sword, several ninjas followed suit.

"Put your weapons away." Canon commanded, never raising his voice. Several ninjas dropped their swords. Most put them back in their sheaths. Bob gulped. Canon was using his powers... it was all over now. "You have brought dishonor to yourselves." Canon went on, "I made specifications and they were not abided by. I made guidelines and they were not followed. I made rules and they were broken. You are a disgrace."

"Leveque-san..." A voice timidly spoke up. Canon looked towards the owner of that voice and the ninja's eyes dropped.

"Do you want my mercy?" Canon said as he approached the Ninja. The ninja's surrounding the one moved away from him, fearing their lives. "You will not have it." Canon stopped in front of the ninja. "Where is she?" the ninja froze for a moment and pointed to a corner of the room. In the corner was a large sensory deprivation tank. Canon walked over and placed his hand on the large container, "Is she unharmed?" The room was silent. "Answer me, Dammit!"

"She is uninjured."

Canon turned, "Hear me now, if you value your lives you will tell me what you plan to do with her."

The lead ninja looked up with an angry look on his face, "What we will do with her is none of your concern." Canon's eyes fell upon him and he staggered back, "G...Genosha... she's going to Genosha..."

"And why is that?"

"They...they have plans for a new type of Sentinel... She is to be the power source..."

Canon's right eyebrow raised, "I see." He motioned towards Equilibrium and the giant rose to follow him. Canon walked back towards the hallway as Equilibrium and Bonega followed him. He stopped and turned slightly back towards the ninjas, "May God have mercy on your souls."

The three stepped into the elevator and Canon turned to Bonega, "Bob, I think it's time you told me where you got your information."

Bob's pulse raced and sweat ran down his forehead, "Wh...what? Sir I...I..."

"Don't lie to me, Bob, I of all people would know something is amiss here." Canon leaned down to look Bob right in the eyes, "Who?"

"I...don't know... what you're..."

"I'm growing impatient." Canon's red eyes flared, "Don't make me force it out of you."

Bob turned his head and sighed, "Frost... Adrienne Frost." He looked back up at Canon, "But you have to believe me this was forced upon me, I would never..."

"I believe you Bob." Canon stood up straight again, "It appears I'll have to pay Miss Frost a visit. In the meantime, Equilibrium, you disobeyed my orders and there will be repercussions, but if you have desire to save face you can.”

No Caption Provided

The vehicle pulled up outside the building Synch had led them to. Mancer looked out and said, “I think the Garthim will work here. Wouldn’t you say, Skitz?”

He watched as Skitz got out of the vehicle and look at the building. He wasn’t sure why, but Skitz decided to take on Blink’s powers. He wondered if it had anything to do with Sequel, but decided to look past it. He then heard Skitz say, “Better knock first. They should know we’re here.’

He nodded and said, “Understood.” Soon, ten of the bug-like Garthim appeared and crashed into the doors. With that, the mission had begun, and they all entered.

No Caption Provided

There was a crash outside the elevator and the elevator car shook a little. Canon never moved, "It seems we may have made some powerful enemies today." Canon said finally, "Equilibrium, it seems you have been presented with a chance to redeem yourself. I will need you to act as my bodyguard for the remainder of my time here in Japan, which will be very short."

"Understood sir, none shall lay their eyes on you with so much as distaste without serious consequences."

"Just do as you're told." Canon shook his head, then he turned to Bonega, "Bob I want you to set up an interception mission and retrieve the girl as they are shipping her to Genosha, and while you are doing that I want you to assemble the rest of the EOC and inform them about the Hand. I don't want any of them to forget the line they crossed today." Canon looked forward and sniffed, "This is far from over."

No Caption Provided

Synch watched as they entered the room. With the ten Garthim, he knew that everyone would know they were there. He then noticed that the elevator was moving. He looked over and said, “You think they are upstairs?”

He heard Skitz say, “What does your aura say?” He check for a moment, and realized Jubilee was downstairs. Then Skitz said, “Someone is fleeing.”

He heard Sequel then say "Rats always leave a sinking Ship."

Skitz just said, “I guess Canon was never a captain.”

Almost in responce, he heard Sequel say, “It's him."

Skitz then said, “Get down and rescue Jubilee. We’ll handle Canon”. With that, the three blinked out of sight.

He then said, “Let’s go. Penance, keep in touch with them, but be ready to get Jubilee out.” Soon he saw the familiar form of Henry Stauf appear and he said, “Hope you have a weapon?”

He watched as the figure handed him a sword and said “You may have mine. I always have a spare.” Soon, the headed down the steps in the direction of Jubilee.

It took them no time to reach the level, since none of the Hand seemed to know they were there yet, but if they did, they had to get past the Garthim. As they entered room, the Hand had taken on most of the Garthim, but some stayed near a large tank. That was were Jubilee was. He just said, “Get to the tank. Jubilee’s in there.”

Soon, he heard a growl and Balam jumped into the room. He had seen it before, but this time was more impressive. She grew to the size of a large bear, yet in cat form. Those member’s of the hand that weren’t occupied were knocked away by a ‘paw’. He then saw Penance make a bee-line for the tank. He saw some Hand members get in her way, only to be cut by one of her claws. As she neared the tank, he heard one of the members say, “Stop her. The girl must go to Genosha.”

When he heard those words, Everett let loose. He launched plasma blasts in waves. He said, “She’s not going anywhere.” Soon, most of ‘The hand’ were on their backs. Balam had stopped moving, and Mancer just blinked.

He looked over at Penance to see she had sliced open the tank, and Mancer had gotten there with Henry. The two were helping Jubilee out. He saw Mancer smile and say, “She’s ok, and ‘The Hand’ are running.”

Synch looked around and saw that was true. ‘The Hand’ was fleeing. He ran over, as Balam shrunk back to normal size and said, “Let’s get Jubilee out of here. Any word from Skitz?”

He watched as Yvette had a shocked look on her face, and she finally said, “H-h-he’s f-f-facing h-h-him a-a-alone, w-w-with h-h-his s-s-sword.”

He looked over at Balam who had gasped. She then said, “I hope luck is with him.” When he heard that, he hoped Skitz would survive.

No Caption Provided

Equilibrium walked through the hallways of the Takanaki Towers with his master, Canon, and Canon's advisor Bob Bonega. Bob was on his cell phone calling for a helicopter; meanwhile the entire building seemed in a chaos. Every now and again more ninjas appeared and rushed past them, to join the battle on the floors below. Canon paid no attention to them, however, and continued casually towards the roof of the building.

Finally the three came to a large hallway leading up to two large double doors canon paused at the beginning of the hallway and Equilibrium and Bob Bonega stopped behind him, "Equilibrium." Canon announced, "It's time to earn your keep." With that Canon continued on down the hallway as Bob continued nervously behind him.

Equilibrium turned and stared down the other end of the hall to see three figures. Two of which had unusual skin tones… it was them. Equilibrium ripped his shirt off to display his enormous muscles, raised his arms in a taunting fashion and shouted, "Lest you be brainless, suicidal, or purely mad, my advice to you would be to withdraw now while you can walk away uninjured with breath still in your body!"

Rich shouted back at him, "Trying to make up for brains by using big words you don't even understand."

"Your taunts to me are no more than that of a barking dog behind a fence." Equilibrium returned, "You have no comprehension of what you are privileged to witness, I am, in all respects, beyond perfection. Whereas you little people have so much more to stride to to even earn the right to accurately refer to yourselves as 'Homo-superior.'"

"Perfection my ass," Sequel smirked, "You're one step above a gorilla with a bad haircut. A slow, un-motivated, half-witted, monkey of a man."

Equilibrium frowned, "indeed." He began to rush at the three, "Perhaps you'd like to witness how slow and unmotivated I am!" as Equilibrium thundered down the hall Skitz, Blink and Sequel braced for attack. Suddenly as Equilibrium neared the group, Sequel dodged underneath the giant's legs, and Skitz and Blink disappeared into thin air. Equilibrium turned around to face Sequel, his nostrils flaring with rage, "I am unamused." He said, then he struck out.

No Caption Provided

When they reappeared, Blink noticed they were standing at the same point in the hall that Equilibrium had left. She turned to see he was focused on Sequel. It looked like the world’s most famous mis-match. She turned to Skitz and said, “I’ll help Sequel, if you think that’s best.”

She watched as Skitz nodded and said, “Yes. I’ll handle Canon, and if Sequel is injured at all, no matter what, we take him back. It’s his power. He always comes back.” She watched as he ran in the direction opposite of the fight. Obvoiusly, Canon was at the far end of the hall.

She then turned to the fight to hear Sequel shout, "Come on you maladjusted, over hyped throw-back from the Stone Age, give me your best show! Try swinging a little Harder Cro-Magnon man!" He was trying to entice and attack. If it was to allow Skitz and her to get to Canon, it might work. She started to head back to the fight when it happened.

Equilibrium threw a blow, and Sequel dodged. but then he was hit by a wind attack, launching him back down the hall and slamming him into a wall. "Do I still appear to be on the low end of the evolutionary scale?" Equilibrium sneered, "Where is your sharp wit now? has it followed you to unconsciousness?"

She was afraid Sequel was dead. She looked at the giant and said, “Hey, stupid. Why don’t you try to fight someone who can take you on, or are you too scared to stand up someone who has fighting skill?” She readied herself for what ever the attack would be. Depending on it, that would dictate her move.

Equilibrium's brow furrowed. Large pieces of the wall and floor began to crumble and float off of the surfaces they were built on to, and then launch at blink with a forcefull speed. "You dare speak to me of fighting skill. I have been trained for years by the best of the best. I am unequalled in powers and physical ability!"

Blink openned up a portal right in front of her just as the chunks reached her. Soon, a second portal openned up in from of Equilibrium, and the chunks flew at him. As they appeared she just said, “Compare years to a lifetime, and you will come up short.”

Equilibrium, roared as he threw powerful punch after powerful punch, deflecting the chunck hurling his way, or crushing them on impact. "I was born with ability. I have taken on the best and defeated the best! I am appareled, the best ever, and no little girl will disprove me on that fact!" Equilibrium lifted up off of his feet and flew down the hall, his shoulder extended as he tried to ram her like a runaway freight train.

Blink watched for a few seconds, waiting for the right moment. When he was almost on her, she teleported. Soon she was near Sequel as Equilibrium crashed into a wall. As he started to get free, she shouted. “If that’s your best, you wouldn’t last ten minutes where I’m from. You’ve never face an enemy like the one’s I’ve faced.”

Equilibrium didn't respond to Blink's taunts but instead began to walk down the hall towards his opponent, and angry scowl on his face. She waited, not knowing if she needed to blink. He wasn’t using his power, but he was slowly sauntering down the hallway he broke stide once, rushed foreward, his massive hand clasmping around her throat, "Do not judge until I bring the pain!" with that he lifted her high into the air and let out a roar as he began the thrust her towards the ground.

When he grabbed her, she did the only thing she could do. She blinked them. Soon they were on a mountian outside of the city. He hadn’t even reallized the change. As she felt him go to throw her, she said, “Tell me. If I can survive an attack by Apocolypse, what make you think you can take me down?” She heard a fierce primal yel come from his lips, as she slipped out of his hand. She was about to hit the ground as she smiled and thought of a taunt from a tv show. She smiled and said, “YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK. GOODBYE!” And she blinked again, this time to where they had started from, and without him.

After she hit the ground, she ran over to Sequel and said, “Are you alright Sequel?” She could tell he wasn’t, but she hoped it wouldn’t end up like Cartier had. Sequel tried to respond but just succeeded in caughing up blood. That wasn’t a good sign, she had a feeling Sequel wouldn’t be coming back. She then looked down the hall and said quietly, “I hope you hurry, Skitz. I don’t think he’ll make it.”

No Caption Provided

Canon waited on the roof for the helicopters to arrive. Behind him, the sounds of the fight took place behing him, several loud crashed and thuds. Finally there was one last crash and he heard Equilibrium's voice roaring in the background. The door closed behind him. Canon didn't even turn around, "Did you get a nice workout?" he smiled.

He lost his smile when an unknown voice just said, “Not really. There was a big oaf in the way, Ambassador Leveque.”

Canon turned, his face remaining it's calm demeanor. He looked Rich over with his nose in the air as Bob Bonega cowered behind him, "So," He spoke after several moments of silence, "Richard Cale, I am to presume."

He watched as the young man looked at him and said, “Lord Richard Cale, since I did call you Ambassador, Ambassador Jean Leveque. Or should I address you as Canon, like Mr. Dallas does?”

Canon laughed a little, "I assure you there is no need for formality or melodrama, I will allow you to refer to me as Jean if you prefer."

He watched Richard Cale nod and said, “If you prefer first names, that I will honor that. However, you have gone to alot of trouble to get my attention. You could have always spoke with me through my company. However, I guess that would ruin your spying at the airport.”

Canon's right eybrow raised, "You are indeed a perceptive young man. But I think you would do wise not to take me lightly. Equilibrium might be the type to underestimate you. I, however, am not."

Richard Cale nodded again and said, “I can tell that. I must say you must have done some work to protect your mind. All my wife managed to see were bits and pieces. I guess a man in your position would have to do that.”

Canon frowned, "When mutants like you believe you have the right to invade any man's mental privacy I do believe it is neccisary. It appears all I have been told is true, Mr. Cale."

He watched a puzzled look crossed Mr. Cale’s face as he said, “Normally, I wouldn’t have even allowed that, but when a threat is made to my life, and possibly the students in my care, I will protect them, and if it means locating a threat, I will do what I have to.” He watched as Richard Cale raised his sword and said, “Now, I want my student back, and some answers.”

Canon began to unbutton his overcoat, "I do not respond well to threat, young mister Cale. I spoke before that I would not underestimate you, But you should be aware that you are at least a hundred years too early for me."

Underneath Canon's overcoat he was wearing a grey fighting shirt with mesh sleaves. Canon handed his coat over to Bob Bonega, who cautiously handed Canon his sword, "sir as your chief political advisor I must."

"Bob, I'm begining to tire from your advice. This is settled here and now." Canon unsheathed his sword. It was a long blade, Japanese Fashion, but with a handle designed off of a French fencing blade. Canon raised the sword and pointed it at Richard Cale, "The time for talk has ended, Mon ami, En Guard."

He watched as Rich nodded and said, “En Guard.” Soon, the blade of the sword was alight with fire as he said, “We’ll fight like men.”

Canon stood, his sword at his side, his eyes focused on Skitz. Skitz stood, his sword ablaze, never shifting his gaze from Canon. Several moments passed as the two sized the other up... each one waiting for the other to make the first move.

Finally Canon raised his sword and brought it down with a tremendous force. Rich raised his sword and blocked the attack. There was a shower of sparks as the steel collided, and the two locked swords. Rich called forth all his might and began to push Canon back, taking step after step until finally Canon used all his force to shove back, knocking Rich to the ground. Canon circled Rich as Rich began to stand. "Up!" Canon Commanded.

This time Rich rushed at Canon swinging his sword with a powerful stroke. Canon blocked the attack with his sword, followed by the next and the next. Finally they locked swords again. The sound of steel on steel echoed throughout the rooftop as the two combatant struggled with their swords, the wind blowing wild around them. Finally Canon threw all his force into a shove again and knocked Rich to the floor. "Up!" Canon commanded again.

Rich stood up, raised his sword and the two dashed at each other, the swords clashed and the two turned, each throwing powerful blows each one blocking the other's quick strikes. Canon began to force Rich back with his quick artful strokes, then Rich began to force canon into retreat with his arcing swings again and again until finally Rich connected to Canon's sword with a powerful blow knocking the large man to the ground, "You fight very well, Ambassador, but I won't strike a man who is down." Rich yelled.

Canon stroked his beard as he stood, determined not to make another mistake in this duel. Canon circled Rich for a few moments, reassessing the situation. Finally he raised his sword and charged the swords clashed again as the duelist exchanged blows. "If you think you know me, you are wrong," Canon shouted in between strikes, "I've dealt with your kind before, And I've survived every time." Finally he delivered a kick to Rich's midsection.

Rich stepped back a few moments before charging Canon again hitting him with a shoulder thrust. "You have fought a Paladin before. I highly doubt that, or I would have know about you from my father." Rich swung his sword again and again, forcing Canon to block each powerful blow.

Finally Rich threw one last arcing swing and Canon called all his force to counter, the swords clashed, knocking each weapon out of the owner's hands. Each sword flew at the other's feet, "I will give you credit young man, I've not had a challenge like this in at least fifty years."

"Some of it is my skill, and some of it is yours. Thanks to my mutant power, and our close fight, I have pick up some of your skills and powers. In essense, you have been fighting yourself."

"Indeed, but it is time to end this." Canon replied, tossing Rich's sword back to him with his foot. Rich picked up his sword and tossed it to Canon. Canon grabbed his sword. Rich caught his. The two rushed each other, bearing down to take that final stroke. The swords clashed once, twice, high, low. Finally Canon brought his sword at Rich in an upstroke as Rich swung at Canon again with a powerful downward swing. The swords clashed, Canon's blade shattered. Canon fell backward to the ground, and began to get to his feet.

No Caption Provided

Rich stood there looking down at his opponent. During the fight, he realized what had happend, but he was sure Canon didn't realize it yet. Rich just said, "I think we are evenly matched, but I won't strike a man who is unarmed."

Canon looked up at him and said, "Well played," Canon smiled, "I have indeed been bested. You have fought well. You have my gratitude."

Rich nodded and gave him a salute. "And I salute you for being such a good fighter. However, Canon, one thing puzzles me, if you could honor me with an answer."

Canon nodded, "I will."

Rich reached down and helped Canon up as he asked, "How could an intellegent man like yourself be duped by Adrienne Frost?"

Canon frowned, "A man like myself gets his information from an inumeral amount of sources. I have to entrust someone to weed out the reliable information I get." Canon gave an uncomfortable glare to Bonega, who was still twitching like a nervous rabbit, "Appearantly there was some questionable decisions made that will have to be sorted out."

Canon looked back at Rich, "Now can you tell me something." Rich just noded. He didn't see the harm in answering the question, if it was the one he suspected. "Who, in actuallity, are you?"

Rich looked at Canon and said, "I am Lord Richard Cale, Jr. I title I earned after my father and mother was murdered by someone working for Apocolypse. Due to that, I even earned all of my parent's company, as well as some of the items in their care. That is were Adrienne Frost comes in. She wants some land, that if she were to get a hold of it, would spell the end for all of us. I think she was hoping you would kill me, so she could get what she wanted. And if you were wondering about why I have worn fake glasses, let's just say that someone preformed eye surgery on me that I knew nothing about."

"Mr. Cale... Rich, I can promise you that Adrianne Frost has done nothing but make a great enemy today, and you have earned nothing but my respect." Canon lifted his head for a moment, "Your students have been succesful in saving your friend, and so I'm afraid I must depart."

Rich nodded and said, "May the next time our paths cross, we are not of different sides. I know you are not truely evil, but time will tell if you follow the right path. Leave in peace, and know that Mr. Dallas and his associate will not know who you are. I will keep that secret for you."

Canon nodded, "Understood and indeed appreciated." He turned to Bonega, "Come along, Bob." Canon turned down the stairs as the sound of helicopters sounded in the background.

Rich watched his advesary leave, and turned back the way he came. This was a most unusual trip to Japan. He hoped there would be no more like this. As he approached Blink, he said, "How is Sequel?"

He watched as she shook her head and said, "He's dead. That muscle bound oaf killed him. What should we do?"

Rich just looked at them and said, "We blink downstairs. Sequel is just taking a time out. His power will revive him, but we must get back and head home." She nodded and soon they were in the lobby.

The second they arrived, everyone was overjoied to see them. Yvette ran up to kiss him, but Everett and Darrett had their hands full. He then heard Darrett say, "What happened up there?"

Rich just smiled and said, "Well, to put it plainly, the real mastermind of all this just made a very powerful enemy. I think Adrienne is going to have her hands full."

He heard Everett say, "You mean all this was Adrienne's sick plan."

Rich nodded and said, "At least we have all our people back, and we lost no one." He noticed that everyone was staring at the lifeless form of Sequel and Rich finally said, "Trust me, he'll be back. Christy, I want to thank you and Kevin, so what I'm going to do is allow you to stay in one of the company apartments, wherever you go in the world. You two will always have a place to follow Canon. Is that alright?"

Balam nodded, "Until I can talk Kevin out of it." she said sullenly, "One day he will die for good out of this vengeance for Canon, you have to know that."

Rich looked at her and said, "With his power, I hope you are right about that, but not in that way. Even he deserves peace when he gets it. Now, let's head home." With that, the whole group got into their vehicle and left. As they left, he hoped everyone would recover, and soon.

Yvette had entered her husband’s office back at the school. It had been a week since the incident in Japan. Luckily, Rich was able to get everything straightened out. Balam and Sequel were now living in the apartments. The mysterious Canon had disappeared, however, she knew Rich knew something. She watched as he was on the phone with someone. Soon, he hung up the phone and said, “Come on in, love. That was Balam. She called to let us know Sequel is up and moving. He’s asking what happened to Canon.”

She looked at him and just said, “What did you tell them?” She knew her husband would keep his word, even though the person he made the promise to tried to kill him.

She watched as he sat back and said, “Well, when he grabbed the phone, I told him that Canon and I fought to a stand still, and then Canon fled. He asked if I knew who Canon was, and I just told him that I had no clue.”

Yvette sat down in a chair across the desk and said, “So you basically lied to him about that. I’m not surprised. How long do you think they will stay in Japan.”

She watch as Rich thought about it for a moment, and finally said, “Depends on who wins the arguement. Balam would wait a bit, where Sequel would head right out.”

She could sense he was worried about something. She walk over to his side and said, “What’s bothering you, love?”

She was surprised when he said, “It’s Sequel’s power. He keeps coming back from the dead. That’s not right. No one should have that curse. All he gets is a momentary peace. It’s not fair to him. When I pass on, I want to know it would either be you waiting for me, or I’ll be waiting for you.” She looked into his brown eyes and kissed him. It was one of the sweetes things he had ever said to her.

When she ended the kiss, she smiled and said, “Care to know how Jubilee is doing?” He nodded and she said, “It’s taking time, but Everett and I are helping her recover. Hopefully, when Emma gets back, she can help in the healing as well.”

She heard Rich sigh as he said, “I hope Jubilee recovers soon. I know Emma would help, but she’ll want to know what happened to put Jubilee in that state. I don’t want to have to tell her what happended to Jubilee.”

They both jumped when they heard Emma say, “What did happen to Jubilee?” She noticed they both turned to face Emma. She entered the room and said, “I just spoke with Darrett as the rest of us arrived. He said Jubilee was recovering from the trip. What exactly happened?”

She grabbed Rich’s hand as he tried to think of the right words. Eventually, she said, “To make it simple, Emma, someone went after Rich. During the whole escapade, Jubilee got captured and was subject to a way to break her mind. We found her and rescued her.”

Emma looked at the both of them and said, “Was this linked to all the problems you got before you left?” She watched as Rich nodded and Emma sighed. Soon, Emma said, “Any clue who the ringleader is?”

Before either could answer, she saw Daria run to the door and say, “Hey, you better put the news on. You won’t believe it.”

Almost on cue, Yvette saw Rich fumble with the remote as he turned on the news. Soon the anchorman appeared on the screen and said, “The business world was shaken today as Adrienne Frost was arrested for attempted murder. Apparently, she tried to hire a hitman to kill Richard Cale, current head of Paladin Techonologies.”

Yvette soon saw the image of Agent Roivas on the screen as he said, “Ms. Frost had tried to contact a hitman, however the call was intercept and relayed to us. This has not been the first time Adrienne tried this stunt. We found evidence that she had contacted another hitman before this.”

The anchorman reappeard on screen and said, “If tried and convicted, Adrienne may get life in prison or put to death. In other news....” The screen went off.

Emma just looked at them and said, “I take it Adrienne was behind this.” Yvette nodded, as well as Rich and said, “Well then, maybe I should help with Jubilee. Anything else you’d like to share?’

Yvette and Rich walked over to her, and Yvette said, “We will tell you later. Right now, I think we should take care of Jubilee.”

She watched as Rich nodded and said, “True. Jubilee needs more attention that the list of mutants we encountered. We’ll tell you all about them when Sean gets back. No sense telling a long story twice.” She laughed at Rich’s words as they left the office.

Next ChapterDestiny: Chapter 1: Unexpected Surprises(updated)
Future Chapters and Stories

Next Stories in the Cale Storyline (All links will go to the first chapter)
Destiny
Class Dismissed

Library PageRichGenX's Library - The Cale Storyline 14 - Iron X