RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RichGenX

Author's Intro

Well, for June 24th, here is the sixth chapter of That's What It Is All About. As I stated before this one was inspired by the rise in reality television competitions, I figured it would be the perfect time to have Generation X go head to head, so to speak, with the showman himself, Mojo. This story is set months after Power Of Mind, Power Of Fury, and in this chapter, the event continues, and Generation X finds themselves working their way through the fourth of five famous movie settings, or in this case, one that was a bit of a sleeper hit, with an iconic character. However, some are now aware of the enemy in their ranks. Here's chapter six.

Generation X Cale Storyline Disclaimer

Attention: Generation X and their villains, as well as any other mutant mentioned in this story, is property of Marvel Comics. The character Richard Cale is named after family relations. Any other reference to anything copyrighted is a chance happening.

No Caption Provided

====================================================

That Is What It Is All About

Prior Stories and Chapters
Previous ChapterA Big Problem, Many Small Ones and A Tall Man(updated)

Chapter 6: New Sight To The Darkness (updated)

Mojo spun around as the connection terminated and yelled at Spiral. “How did she know? You said that no one would know, but she knew.” He was hoping to get this little task complete before anyone noticed. Spiral wheeled the boy back in and placed him back in the holding area Mojo had had him in.

When the boy was secured, he heard Spiral say, “I don’t know how she knew. Maybe there is some psychic bond the two share.”

Mojo then heard Jubilee go, “Well, duh. You never thought of that. I thought you would have thought of everything.”

Mojo walked over to Jubilee and said, “Well, I doubt he was able to help your friends at all. The pain he felt might be the only thing he could convey to his wife, but not that you are here.” However, if the boy did manage to let the redhead know about the fake Jubilee, he might have to take more precautions. He had been giving little tips to Abcissa on how to sabatoge each movie. The last one didn’t go as planned due to the redhead’s screaming. After he got done talking to Jubilee, he moved over to Spiral and said, “Keep an eye on both of them, and when Richard comes too, test the cameras we put in his eyes.” He walked out of the room to think about what he had done. He had inserted a minicamera into both of Richard Cale’s eyes. Maybe he could get some of Generation X as a drama show. He smiled when he thought of that and started to laugh.

Clarice looked around as they walked through the harsh wasteland. She couldn’t believe how bright the sky was. Then, when she had shielded her eyes, she saw it. “Oh my God. There are three suns here.” She then noticed a fearful look fill Penance’s eyes. She looked over a Penance and said, “What’s wrong?”

She noticed there was a bit of fear in Penance’s eyes as she said, “We need something for light. It’s going to be worse when it gets dark.” Clarice then noticed that it did seem to be getting darker. She glanced up at the sky and noticed that a planet appeared to be blocking some of the suns.

She then heard Skin say, “Penance, we won’t be in the blazing heat. That’s not a bad thing.”

Clarice then noticed something. Off in the distance, she saw something move atop the one rock column. It was at that moment she realized what Penance meant. She quickly turned to Darrett and said, “Darrett, do you know of anything that can produce a lot of light, for a long time?”

She watched as Darrett thought for a moment. Right then, she heard Jono say, "Don’t think my light we be enough, Blink?" Honestly she didn’t know, but she did think it would be better if Darrett did something.

She then heard Penance go, “No, it wouldn’t. We need to light up the whole general area, and Darrett hurry.” She then noticed that the darkness was growing. Clarice then fully appreciated the size of their problem, especially when she saw the swarming creatures in the areas that were being rapidly engulfed by darkness.

Banshee looked over at Darrett and said, “Lad, ye better think quick, or else we’re dead.”

Soon enough, a robot appeared with a light bulb on it’s head. As it looked around, Darrett said, “Bright Man, get that lightbulb lit and keep it lit.” The robot did as it was told and soon the area all around them was lit up, even when the darkness engulfed the area they were in, they were still in the light. While they were in the safety of the light, she heard Darrett say, “Penance, what movie is this?”

She was surprised when Synch said, “Pitch Black. We were watching a late night movie one night and this was the one picked. Some people crash land on a planet, and when the darkness came, these creatures came out. They had some problems, like unstable people in the group, and the creature were hunters. They followed anything bleeding.”

She heard Jubilee say, “Well then, we’re lucky. No one’s cut.” She saw Synch shake his head. Jubilee was almost irate when she said, “What do you mean no.”

She then heard Emma say, “I think he means bleeding in any form. I suggest that all the ladies move to the inside of the group.” As they did so, Clarice wondered how they were going to make it out of this alive.

When Rich finally awoke, he looked out to see a somewhat familiar sight. Mojo was in front of him, as well as three screens. On the main screen, he saw Generation X huddled around one of the robots from the game series Mega Man. On the one to the right was a picture of what he and Jubilee would be dropped to if Generation X failed to reach them. It had been a deep childhood fear he thought he had overcome. The first time he saw a commercial for that musical, he had been afraid of Audrey II. As he got older, he thought it was fake, and learned that it was. Now it was there, real, and hungry. But that wasn’t the most unnerving. The most unnerving thing was the screen to the left. It was everything he was looking at. It changed as he turned his head. As he watched, he heard Jubilee go, “What the blazes?” Apparently she was seeing the same thing.

Rich just said, “I don’t know what that is, Jubilee, but it’s freaking me out.” He wondered if a camera was near his head somewhere. He then saw Mojo turnaround and smile at him. This unnerved him more.

Mojo just looked at him and said, “Glad to hear you’re awake. Like my new cameras. With it, if your friends succeed, I can broadcast all their adventures. I can also show them a real life drama.”

Rich closed his eyes as the realization hit him. “You put them in my eyes. That’s why you knocked me out earlier.” He started shaking his head in disbelief. “You are a sick maniac.” The whole idea made him mad. Soon enough he heard a quiet click and realized something was missing.

As he openned his eyes, he heard an irate Mojo shout, “What’s wrong with the cameras?” He looked over at the screen, and realized it was out of focus.

He heard the voice of Spiral say, “We had to make the camera’s match his eyesight, so that the glasses wouldn’t affect it negatively.”

He heard Jubilee laugh, and say, “Mojo, you are so stupid. If Rich’s glasses are gone, your camera’s are useless.” He started to laugh as well, as Mojo was almost fuming.

He was laughing so hard he almost forgot about the pit below him. Until he heard a voice say in a deep bass, “What was that? Is there food up there? Feed me.” He forgot about the plant. Now he need hoped Generation X would hurry.

Jono looked on as they continued through the dark. Darrett’s latest conjure attempt was successful, and had been helping them for the walk, even through the chasm. If wasn’t for Everett’s memory of the late-night movie, they might not have made it this far. They were now at a camp of some sorts, with a vehicle at the far end. That had to be the door. As they started to make their way across the camp, Jono notice the radius of the light dropped a bit then went back to normal. He turned to Darrett and said, "Darrett, I think there is something wrong with this robot you summoned?"

He saw everyone get scared and then watched as Banshee looked at him and said, “Darrett, check the bot. Chamber, blast a beam towards the door. It might tell us if we can make a run for it.”

Jono stepped to the front of the group and started a blast up. Not a strong one, but enough to check to see how many of the creatures were there. The first blast showed nothing on the ground. He then blasted up at an angle, and saw four in the sky. Three were fighting each other. One was just flying, and watching them. Jono just said, "Four in the sky. Three of them are fighting amonst themselves."

He heard Synch say, “They’re starved, and have started attacking each other. That’s why there may be so few here.” That seemed to make sense to him.

He then heard Darrett say, “Look’s like Brightman here has sprung a leak. He’s losing something. He might not hold out much longer.”

He heard Husk say, “How did he spring a leak?” This puzzled him as well. How did that happen? He would have pressed it, but they didn’t have much time.

He then heard Emma say, “We might need someone to head to the door, which means someone has to brave the dark.”

He just nodded and said, "I’ll go." He saw Paige was about to object and he said, "With a private source, I think they will stay back." His confidence seemed to passify Paige. He just hopped it would help keep him calm.

He then heard Synch say, “Jono, just some advice. They have a blind spot, right in front of their mouths.” It wasn’t comforting, but it was helpful. He then nodded and headed out into the darkness.

Jono knew he was taking a big risk, but he figured that he was the only one who could succeed. He was almost to the door when he noticed the bulb flicker again. Next time it might not light up. Then the next problem arose. The creature landed right in front of him. He stayed right were he was, in the creatures blind spot. As the creature moved, he moved. He was determined to stay in the blind spot, but at the right time, blast the creature. The creature got ready to move again and stopped, but Jono couldn’t. The creature started to yell, but Jono blasted it. The creature yelped in pain before collapsing dead. Jono just looked at it and said "Sorry, no snacks here." He then ran for the door an opened it. Light flooded the area and reached the rest of the group. He yelled back, "Come on everyone. Let’s get out of here."

He watched as everyone ran for the door. Darrett made the bot disappear and ran as well. As they ran, his heart almost stopped. He saw Husk fall to the ground. He saw one of the creatures start to fly towards her. He quickly ran down and blasted at the creature. He then picked her up and she said, “Thank you, love.”

If he could have smiled, he would have, but he responded "You’re welcome, luv." He then ran with her in tow into the door, and Banshee closed it. He looked around and saw that everyone was there.

He then heard Banshee say, “Well, we did better than I figured. Looks like we have two hours for the last movie.”

Jono was almost startled when Mojo appeared on the screen and said, “I, too, am surprised. I was hoping at least one of you would bite the dust. Well, you do have two hours for this last movie. I do hope someone makes a mistake. I would like to have you do a few shows for me.” Soon the picture faded and the door openned. He wondered what their last challange was.

Next ChapterAn Alien World(updated)
Future Chapters and Stories
Last Chapter (Chapter 8)End Of The Game(updated)

Next Stories in the Cale Storyline (All links will go to the first chapter)
Win Some, Lose Some
Mutants In Wilson
Iron X
Destiny
Class Dismissed

Library PageRichGenX's Library - The Cale Storyline 12 - That Is What It Is All About