#1 Edited by RichGenX (983 posts) - - Show Bio

Author's Intro

Well, for May 19th, I am presenting the first chapter of the tenth story of the Cale Storyline. Entitled Power of Mind, Power of Fury, this story picks up a few month after Tradition, and dealing with the aftermath of the events going on in the previous story. This first chapter sets the stage for a new foe to enter the mix, but they will bring them an old foe, in time. With that said, here is chapter one.

Generation X Cale Storyline Disclaimer

Attention: Generation X and their villains, as well as any other mutant mentioned in this story, is property of Marvel Comics. The character Richard Cale is named after family relations. Any other reference to anything copyrighted is a chance happening.

No Caption Provided

====================================================

Power of Mind, Power of Fury

Prior Stories and Chapters
Previous ChapterTradition: Chapter 8 Deadly Alliance(updated)

Chapter 1: Secret Meeting (updated)

Adrienne Frost sat in the room with her fellow colleges. She was the new White Queen of the Hellfire Club’s Inner Circle. On the outside, the club looked like a social place for the elite, but it was privy only to mutants. A secret that not many people knew. Although alot was on her mind right now, Shaw had said that it was important that they met right now. As she sat there, she heard the current White King say, “Now Adrienne, we have golden opporunaty that has presented itself, and you might be able to help secure it.”

Adrienne looked at the paper that he just threw down. The headline read, ‘Corperate change leads to possible cure.’ She looked at the article and saw something that caught her eye. “It appears this company has found a way to cure AIDS, as well as Legacy.” She then saw the name of the company. “Paladin Technologies. I’ve been trying to negotiate a deal with them for months. I’ve tried to reach the president, but he is always out.”

Her colleague, the Black Queen, just said, “That is because he is at a school. One that is run by your predecessor, but I doubt that she has anything to say in his choices. In fact, Paladin Technologies and your sister’s company are now working together, and from what our sources can determine, it was the current owners idea.”

The Black King then said, “We want you to try and convince the new president, Richard Cale Jr, to join the Hellfire Club. With him in our Inner Circle, we would be unstoppable.”

Adrienne shook her head and said, “I don’t know. I argued for months with his father about an area with tons of power waiting underneath ocean, but he won’t sell. The son is just the same.”

The Black King smiled and said, “Then, if he won’t join, have this man end the problem. He has no heirs, and this mutant will gladly kill young Mr. Cale. Just mentioned one of the students. Besides, I think it might hurt Emma to loose another set of students.” Adrienne smiled at that thought. It reminded her of when she had her husband killed.

The ringing of the phone brought Rich out of his slumber. It was odd for the phone to be ringing this early in the morning. He sat up, careful not to wake Yvette. He walked over to the phone and sat down. He looked over at Yvette’s sleeping form. Only a month ago, Rich became a business owner, a Lord, a Paladin, and most of all, a husband. It was odd, but it was nice. Rich also knew of how awkward it was for the other students, especially with the contruction that was done to make this place for them to live. Rich finally picked up the phone, and in his best composed just awake voice, said “Hello, Richard Cale speaking.”

He was startled to hear a female voice say, “Hello, Mr. Cale. I’ve been trying to reach you for a while. My name is Adrienne Frost.”

Rich couldn’t believe the audasity of the woman. He had made strict instructions when he visited the company branch in New York about the possible cures, that she was not to know his number. He just said, “How did you get this number, Ms. Frost?”

He heard her say, “I did some deduction after seeing you on that Millionaire show. I must say, your company does donate to a few mutant related charities. However, I am a mutant and I want to talk business with you.”

Rich didn’t know about what she was after, but he had been trying to dodge her until he found out why. “I don’t know exactly what you want from my company, but I’m not about to give you anything until I know what your asking for.”

He heard her say quite calmly, “Alright, I will be by later today to talk to you in person.” This took him in shock. He didn’t know how to react to that.

Rich had to grasp for his word as he said, “What do you mean by that?”

She just said, “I’ll be stopping by to see you, as well as my sister. I know she runs that school you’re in. I’ll see you later today.” He heard the phone disconnect. This wasn’t good. He was hoping to prevent this. There was something about what she was looking for. His father didn’t want to sell it, and neither did he, unless he knew what exactly it was. He went over to his computer and accessed the company records. Soon he found the land she was after. It was located in the ocean.

He looked up and saw Grimore had awaken and jumped up on to the table. “Something wrong, Paladin?” Grimore called him that alot now. He watched as the cat looked at the computer screen and said, “Oh, R’lyth. Did Marsh finally call?”

Rich looked at his cat and said, “No, he didn’t, but I am dreading that call. Emma’s sister called. She’s trying to buy this land. But what is about it that they want?”

He listened as his cat, which was as old as his family, said, “Well, she probably sees the power the place radiates, but she must not understand what it is. Marsh knows what is down there.”

Rich looked at the cat and said, “What is down there? And how bad is it?” Grimore just looked at him, and Rich felt he could answer that question. “Humanity wouldn’t survive. It’s that dangerous. I can’t sell it to anyone.” Grimore nodded. “Grimore, is there anything else you can tell me?”

The cat just jumped down and said, “Not that you might want to know, however, you might want to get some rest. That phone call came very early. I think Emma’s sister is not in the right circles.” Rich nodded. It was way too early for any phone calls. He went back and climbed into the bed.

No Caption Provided

Yvette felt her husband climb back into bed. She had heard the phone ring, and his talk with Grimore that followed. She figured that he thought he hadn’t woken her. She put her arms around him and said, “Rich, what’s wrong?”

She felt him turn to face her and said, “Is it that obvious? Emma’s sister is coming here to try and convince me to give her the land she’s after. However...”

She completed the sentence. “It’s too dangerous. There is something deadly down there.” He nodded and she said, “Then you know you can’t sell it to her, but is there something more?”

She felt the nervousness in her husband as he said, “She called at a very awkward time. I think she was in some sort of secret meeting, but what?”

Yvette held her husband and said, “What if she’s linked to some society, like Hellfire. We should ask Emma in the morning. Now let’s get some rest before the sun rises.” She kissed him on the cheek to relax him.

He returned the kiss and said, “Yvette, I don’t know what I’d do with out you.” She held him tighter when he said that. She loved him and was glad that they were now husband and wife. She just held him and kissed him again as they both drifted back into dreamland. Hopefully, they would spend the remaining hours within a very nice dream.

Next ChapterSpecial Guests(updated)
Future Chapters and Stories
Chapter 3Intense Training(updated)
Chapter 4A Faux Meeting(updated)
Chapter 5Butting Heads(updated)
Chapter 6Exhaustive End(updated)
Chapter 7New Powers(updated)
Chapter 8Lashing Out(updated)
Last Chapter (Chapter 9)Consequences(updated)

Next Stories in the Cale Storyline (All links will go to the first chapter)
Old Threat, Old Face, New Threat, Old Face
That Is What It Is All About
Win Some, Lose Some
Mutants In Wilson
Iron X
Destiny
Class Dismissed

Library PageRichGenX's Library - The Cale Storyline 10 - Power of Mind, Power of Fury