RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RichGenX
Author's Intro

As I stated in the past two chapter postings, I know I started posting the original that was up on Kindred Spirits about two years ago. At the posting of the last chapter before this long break between chapters, a lot had been going on, and I do mean A LOT. So now I am rectifying it. While I tried and finish posting the first story before Thanksgiving, it might not happen by then, due to events at home. I should be able to get it up by Christmas time, though. Those of you one here that do read my stuff know I put a good deal of work into this stuff, and that I have to prioritize between writing, and real life obligations. Also note that when I post these, they are for the most part as is. There will be typos, there will be misspelled names. This is also because I plan to post the redux chapters as well. These stories are something I am proud of, even though I am rewriting them. It is only right, in my mind, to let you see the original version, as well as the updated version. It shows how much one has matured in their skills between the time the original was written and now. I want all of you to note that Changes, the first story of The Cale Storyline, is twenty years old this year, and I wrote it during my senior year in college.

Now, Here is the tenth chapter of the first story of the Cale Storyline.

Generation X Cale Storyline Disclaimer

Attention: Generation X and their villains, as well as any other mutant mentioned in this story, is property of Marvel Comics. The character Richard Cale is named after family relations. Any other reference to anything copyrighted is a chance happening.

No Caption Provided

====================================================

Changes

Prior Stories and Chapters
Previous ChapterCalm Before The Storm(updated)

Chapter 10: Enter Emplate (Updated Version)

Penance looked around the Biosphere. She felt as if something was wrong. She moved slowly and cautiously around the biosphere. She heard and snap and she turned in the direction of the sound. She saw His sister collapse onto the ground, dead. She saw everyone else lying near her, dying. Her only concern was that Rich was not dead. She started looking for Rich when she heard Jubilee speak. She watched her friend take a final breath and say, "Emplate." He was here. He killed all of them. He must have gotten Rich. She started to run, in search of Rich, and then to escape. She ran through the Biosphere, avoiding every shadow and movement she saw. She moved so quickly and fast that she ran into and knocked over Rich. He was injured and almost collapsed to the ground. She caught him before he hit the ground. He appeared bruised and beaten.

Rich spoke slowly to her, "Emplate captured all. I had someone else's ability. He killed everyone. Everett was the first to go. I don't know what he did, but somehow, he made Monet fell every blow. I escaped, but I couldn't fight. I was alone. I would latch onto to him."

She held him and said, "I'll stay with you, Rich. You won't ever have to worry about him again. I won't let him hurt you again."

She felt his hands go to her arms. "I'll never lose you again, Yvette." She felt a stabbing pain go through her arms. She knew what it was and when she looked at Rich again, he had transformed into Him.

"No," she yelled as loud as she could. He must have gotten to Rich. As she struggled in his grip, she saw in His eyes a very scary sight. In His eyes, she saw Rich's soul trying to break out. She slowly felt closer to Rich as she felt her life draining from her. She cried over the thought of dying in that monster's grip. She had closed her eyes and opened them expecting to see the evil creature finishing her off. Instead, she saw the roof of the Biosphere. It was morning about a while after sunrise.

Penance was concerned for Rich. She was afraid that He was here and that He would capture Rich. She decided to find Mr. Cassidy and find out where Rich was.

No Caption Provided

Emplate watched the grounds carefully. He stayed out of synch with reality, but not far enough to be pulled into the Beyond. He hated being in the beyond. He body tortured every moment by the cold hands of the dead. He felt the pull when he didn't have the energy to stay in the reality that all the other mutants lived in. The energy he got from feeding off the other mutants. When he lost Penance, he was pulled back to the Beyond on a regular basis. He was determined to get her back, as well as claiming the young morsels here as his next meal. He had a score to settle with Jubilation Lee. She had tricked him, and in so freed them all from his grasp the last time he was at the school.

He heard a sound. He glanced in the direction of the Biosphere and saw Penance run out. He noticed something in her aura. It was concern, but for what. Did she sense his presence. The fact that she broke his will, his influence, hurt most than the lack of descent food. She had spent so much time as his victim that he was sure she knew that he was here.

His thoughts were broken when he heard a voice. He glanced down the path and saw Paige Guthrie running up the path. She must have been out jogging. How easy it would be for him to ambush her as she passed, but now was not the time to strike. He was determined to find out about the mutant that dodged him at the airport. He heard her yell behind her, "You have to move faster than that."

The young man ran into sight. It was the same one that was at the airport. He was dressed the same, and as before, no mutant aura. He wondered how the mutant could dodge his sight. The man yelled at Paige, "I'm moving as fast as I can. You must also remember my ability." He must have been a mutant, but were was the aura.

Emplate continued to listen as Paige passed him. "I know, I know. But you can move faster than that. I know, think that Emplate is behind you." He hated hearing that. He thought about jumping out and attacking then. They must have told this new mutant about him. But how did they know he was a mutant.

The young man started to pass him. He finally saw the answer. The aura around the young man sudden appeared, but how. He saw a name to the man, Richard Cale. The ability this mutant had was in some way like him. He then listened to Richard yelling to Paige. "That is not even funny. That was scary back at the airport. When I looked at my hand and......" He noticed that Rich did the same thing he had just said. Rich, all of a sudden, ran very fast. The mutant aura disappeared and briefly appeared as he passed Paige.

He listened as she yelled, "What's the matter, Rich" and she took off after him, trying to catch up to him. He knew what happened. He slowly made his way back to the limo that he had. The Hellions had been assembled and it was soon time to attack.

D.O.A. stepped from the car and said, "I take it we attack sir."

If his minions could see his face, they would see the smile on his face. "Yes, D. Make sure the gear is ready. I can't chance another occurrence of what happened last time. The mutant is not one I would choose to sup on. I can change him into one like me." He started to laugh and he gathered the Hellions together to catch the students off guard.

No Caption Provided

Most of the students were in the kitchen when Sean entered. He noticed that the only ones that weren't there were Monet, Jubilee, Paige, Rich, and as usual, Penance. He noticed that most of them had gotten there own breakfast. Emma was looking out the window. She had a worried look on her face. Sean walked over to her and asked, "Something wrong, Emma."

She turned from the window and said, "Something doesn't seem right this morning, Sean. I think there is something wrong. I just hope it has nothing to do with Rich's dream from two nights ago."

He was about to comfort her when Jono spoke up. "Well, there is a sight one never sees in here." He turned to see that Penance had just walked into the room. Jono was right on that it was a rare sight. Penance had rarely left the biosphere in the morning.

Sean figured that Penance must have been hungry and went to fetch her an apple. He was take by surprise when he voice he did not recognize, but he came to the immediate conclusion. Penance had finally spoke. He looked at her as she repeated what she had said, "Where's Rich?" He noticed a worried look on her face.

Angelo had dropped what he had been eating and said, "Even in the hood, I have never been that surprised. I can't believe that she finally spoke." Sean had to agree with him. It even appeared that her skin appeared softer.

Sean decided to answer Penance's question. He didn't want her to get upset, and something was bothering her. "I haven't seen him, Penance. I don't know where he is. I think he must be on his way here. I'll go see if he's on his way." Penance still was worried and it was evident. He turned to go leave the door, when Rich came running in and knock Penance over. "Well, I guess we now know where Rich is."

Sean then saw Paige walk in. "Something's wrong. Rich, all of a sudden, took off like a bat out of hell and ran for the building. He kept saying, 'You had to say that. You had to say that.' Ah think something is wrong, because Ah couldn't even keep up with him."

Sean turned to Rich who had fully mimicked Penance's ability. He appeared to be in the a very tense form as he brushed against table, and sliced the leg into pieces. "What's wrong, lad?"

Penance looked at Rich and calmly said, "Rich, what happened?" Sean watched as she gasped and said, "No, it can't be." He nodded and she started to do exactly the same Rich had done.

Sean figured that the two had a psionic connection that no one else could communicate on. They most likely spoke in her native language, one he didn't even know from his years with Interpol. He decide to speak now, in hope that Penance would answer. "Penny, what is wrong? What has you and Rich spooked." Penance started to relax again. He turned to see that Monet and Jubilee had entered.

Jubilee looked in Penance's direction and was surprised to see her standing there. "Hi, Penny. This is strange to see you here." Sean noticed that Penance had relaxed more when Jubilee spoke.

Penance finally spoke, although it was not the answer to his question. She looked at Jubilee and said, "Hello, sister." He watched a look of shock cross Monet and Jubilee's faces.

"Mon dieu, Penance has finally spoke." The shock was still on Jubilee's face, but Monet recovered quickly. "She must see Jubilee as an adopted sister."

Sean finally walked over to Jubilee and said, "Jubilee, I need ye to find out what has both Rich and Penny spooked. Yur appearance caused her to relax again. I neen ye to find out what spooked the two of them."

He watched Jubilee nod and then she walked over to Penance. She knelt down to her and said, "Penny, what's wrong? We'll protect you here. Your safe here with us. We can handle any problem."

Penance spoke very softly and then tensed up again. He didn't know what she said but Jubilee also tensed up. Jubilee got up and started back over to Monet. Sean was worried. Now he had three students tensing up. "Jubilee, what did Penny say was wrong."

Jubilee seemed to act as if she didn't hear him. She just walked over to Monet. She seemed a bit in shock. She then said something that nobody, not even who she said it to, wanted to hear. Sean and everyone else listened as she said to Monet, "Prepare for a family reunion." Sean realized that meant only one thing. He didn't need to hear that, especially with Rich's ability. That must have what freaked Rich out. The reason he ran so fast to get to the building, to get away from Emplate. The reason that he and Penance were tense.

"Alright, everybody, we have a major problem. Emplate is somewhere on the campus. Monet, I want you to take Penance, Rich and the wee lads to the Biosphere. It might be the safest place since the last attack. Everyone else, we have to try and locate Emplate and force him to retreat." Deep down, Sean knew that Rich wasn't ready to fight Emplate. Rich wasn't even ready to fight a mutant. Rich seemed to have a fear of losing his personality, and if Emplate's took over, they would be in deep trouble.

No Caption Provided

Rich looked around as he heard Sean tell everybody what to do. He looked then at Yvette as she took his hand. {I think that we will defeat Him. They know about the attack now.} she said to calm him down.

"Yvette, do you truely believe that? I been having too much good luck lately. I don't mean to doubt you, but it is one of those lessons I have learned about life. For all good luck, there is an equal amount of bad luck, the time it last varies." He didn't want to doubt her. It gave him some hope, but not enough.

He watched Yvette as she thought about it. She then looked at him and said "Rich, I'm scared."

"So am I, love. So am I." He then notice Monet walk over with Artie, Leech and Franklin. He looked at her she crouched down to the level that Yvette and he was at.

"Rich, Penance, we should get to the Biosphere. It will be safest for you there. Okay." He nodded and Yvette did the same. She understood what Monet said and with that Monet led them all to the Biosphere.

Rich looked at Yvette as the slowly made there way to Biosphere. Rich said to Yvette, "Yvette, is Monet always this nice to you?"

"I have never seen her much. I tend to avoid her most times, mainly because of Him. In truth, I always feared her because of her connection to Him. Once, when He last attacked, part of me, controlled by Him, wanted to kill her. The other half saw her as a kindred spirit. It was as if I could see my pain in her."

"Well, let's hope we don't run into Him. Do you think we'll be safe in the biosphere?"

"Unless He is waiting for us there, we will be safe."

"I'm praying He isn't in there."

"So am I, Rich." Rich then noticed that Yvette looked at him with a reassuring smile. He felt better. He was still the new guy around here and wasn't used to all the excitement, but it had to be better than having the possible mutant vampire attacking you at his own home. He noticed they were at the Biosphere and that Monet had opened doors. They all went inside and she led them carefully through the Biosphere.

"I am going to get you all to the treehouse. It will probably be the safe place for all of you. Then I shall make sure that Emplate can't get in here. Franklin, here is a communicator, call in case Emplate does make it through after I leave." She handed Franklin the communicator and then turned to lead them to the treehouse. Rich, even in his sheltered life, had seen what was unfolding then. Right in front of all of them, Emplate appear right in front of them, giving Monet a right hook capable of knocking out Mike Tyson, George Forman, Muhamed Ali, Larry Holmes, or any great boxer. Monet fell to the ground, unconscious.

Emplate turned his attention to him and Yvette. "Hello, Penance and Mr. Cale," he said through his respirator. Emplate started moving towards them.

"Yvette, follow me." He then looked at Franklin, quickly motioning his head to the left. He then rushed to the right. Yvette followed him. He looked back to see Franklin, Artie and Leech run off to the left. He also saw Emplate following them. He and Yvette were keeping a good lead on him. It was as if he was letting them take them escape. "Yvette, I have a bad feeling about this."

"Why, Rich?"

"He's letting us escape. He can move faster than he is. He trapping us."

"He must have the others here. Be careful, it might be the misty one."

"One that can turn into a mist."

"Yes. Or the wrapped one."

"What can that one do?"

"Teleport."

"Yvette, that's just as bad as turning into a mist. Could anything be worse?"

"Yes."

He sighed. If anybody heard it, he didn't know. He then asked "Well, with my luck right now, what could it be, so I can try and prepare."

He noticed she was about to answer when a loud voice said, "Guten Taug."

Rich said to Yvette, with worry in his voice, "What was that?"

He noticed a quiver in her voice. "It was the strong one, in front of us."

He looked ahead to see a big man, obvious from the accent and language, German, step out and prepare to the two a clothesline. He was covered in straps, and it was an odds on bet that he wanted to harm them. At the speed they were moving, and the fact they were running side by side, he was going to knock them unconscious. Rich let instinct take over on his part as he jump right in front of Yvette. He hope that this move would allow her to escape. He was not going to let Emplate hurt her, not while he was alive and breathing. Seconds later, everything for Rich went black.

Next ChapterUnder The Influence(updated)
Future Chapters and Stories
Library PageRichGenX's Library - The Cale Storyline 1 - Changes