ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Missed Last Issue? Check it out here!

It had taken a while for Marta to get in to see Karl, the nurse on duty had been most unflinching in keeping visitors outside of Karl’s daughter Hilda from seeing the professor. In fact it was only through Hilda’s insistence that Marta was a visiting cousin from the UK that she’d been able to get in at all. At current both of the women were watching the nurse deliver a dose of painkillers to Karl from outside his room, the pair of them waiting for the woman to leave before entering.

“Papa.” Hilda cooed as she sat down by Karl’s bed and held his hand, her cropped short blonde hair, pale skin and blouse and business skirt clashing with Marta’s dark features and the all leather assemble she was wearing. “When can you leave? You’ve never had to spend this long in hospital before, at least not as a patient.”

“My wounds are taking a little longer than usual to heal, although the doctors do say I’m unusually well preserved for my age.” Karl replied as he shot his daughter and his long-time companion a wry smile. “Did you manage to find out who sent that deluded young lad after us?”

“No, he didn’t know and while there is talk among some of the enemies we made over the years, none of them are willing to step up and take the blame for your attempted assassination.” Marta answered as she bent down next to Karl and looked at the fading impact mark where the bullet had struck him. “This feels like a new threat, and I’m certain that you’d be safer at home, I just wish they would discharge you.” She added, as Karl reached for a cup of water, his hand shaking as he picked it up and took a sip, the added movement not going unnoticed by Marta, although she refrained from pointing it out.

“Until they do I’m stuck here.” Karl sighed, as he put the cup down. “I must admit, I have been feeling quite tired ever since I was admitted. Then again I’ve always intensely disliked hospitals ever since that incident in the 50s.” He added, his words drowned out by a loud bang and the crash of broken glass. Marta blinked twice as something warm washed over her face, before screaming as she saw Karl’s body slumped in the chair, a bullet hole cut through his chest, the piece of furniture and into the wall.

“Dad? Papa?!” Hilda screamed as she looked in horror from Marta to Karl’s slumped form on the chair. Looking down at the blood splatted over her clothes and arms, Marta felt intense anger rising in her like heat radiating off a recently stoked furnace. She’d only felt anger like this a few times before, and she already knew that whatever form her rage took would be destructive beyond anything the majority of people in this hospital had seen before.

“He was poisoned.” Marta whispered as she took one long look at the dark red blood specks on the arms of the chair. While she couldn’t be sure it looked like the Eiter that fuelled both Karl’s and her own powers had been drained out of him. It certainly would have explained why he had been feeling tired and why his hands had been shaking. It also marked a clear trail to the poisoner and possibly be extension the shooter. “Hilda, I’ll be right back.” Marta hissed through gritted teeth, primal rage barely contained behind the sorrow. “Someone is going to pay for this, trust me on that!!”

The doors to the ambulance parking area swung open as Marta stormed out of the hospital, blood leaking down her leather bustier and trousers. Spotting the nurse who had been in Karl’s room earlier, smoke rising from her fingers she walked over, her hands blazing with the internal heat of her anger at what had just happened.

“What are you doing?” She asked briskly, as the nurse stiffened up, the smoke extinguishing itself.

“Cigarette break.” The nurse replied in an almost robotic tone, seconds before Marta spun the figure around to reveal areas of exposed metal flesh under the human skin, the half skinned body of an ambulance driver lying at the feet of his killer. “I’m on a smoke break.” The nurse reiterated before opening fire with a concealed blaster in her hands, waves of high energy plasma knocking Marta back into a parked ambulance.

“You like to smoke!” Marta hissed as she snorted a jet of black flame at the nurse, the heat melting the flesh off the figure to reveal a metallic exoskeleton with gleaming red eyes glowering at her. “You will be smoking when I’ve finished with you, and then whoever pulled the trigger will be joining you!” Marta snarled as she slammed a molten fist into the robot, the automaton responding by firing a salvo of irradiated shrapnel into its attacker knees, before kicking the She-Drache back.

“Time to start the rounds.” The robot squawked as the shoulder on the drone opened up and a wave of small anti-personnel rockets slammed into Marta, the combined explosion charring the floor and engulfing the woman in a corona of fire. “Painkillers for Herr Elise.” The robot continued as it advanced on the burning patch of car-park as a pair of concealed blades slotted out of its left arm to form a bladed fist. “Dispatch painkillers.” It droned as it stabbed down into the fire before withdrawing its limb, the metal structure of its skeleton melting as a scaly hand rose from the fireball and Marta emerged, her draconic form towering over the droid.

“You don’t feel pain do you?!” Marta snarled as the droid threw a punch at its draconic captor’s face, only for her to catch the blow, the hand melting from the blazing touch. “You don’t understand about what it means to lose someone do you!”

“If you need help with a loss we can direct you to a condolence room.” The droid buzzed as the munitions stored in its shoulders detonated sending the drone’s head blasting off its shoulders before clucking onto the floor. With a pained scream, Marta ignited the remains of the droid, the metal melting into a fool of otherworldly metal before looking around the car-park for the droid’s partner in crime. Looking up, she spotted a quad-rotor drone hovering over the hospital, its camera lens remotely recording the battle.

“You!” Marta snarled, black fire running down her arms and back. “You are next!!” Almost as if it had sensed the malice in her voice, the drone reversed as quickly as it could, the jet of flame thrown towards it narrowly missing as it disappeared over the rooftop and into the hospital’s garden. Leaping after it Marta quickly scaled the two story building and lunged at the floating camera, claws scraping against metal as the drone was destroyed. As the first unit fell, more drones appeared and opened fire on Drakania with their built in machine-pistols, the bullets splashing off her superheated skin in a river of molten lead, as if it were summer rain. Peering through the hail of bullets Marta spotted a van with the words ‘Mercury Hire Cars’ emblazoned on the side, the barely audible sound of the engine purring despite nobody sitting in either the driver or passenger seat of the vehicle.

Spreading her wings, Marta soared off the building and headed towards the mystery van. Almost immediately it became clear that the vehicle was involved with the drones and Karl's assassination, with the swarm of robots following in her wake, the occasional burst of gunfire accompanying the whirring of the rotors. As she got closer, one of the drones slammed into her from above, the explosion of the crashing machine knocking Marta out of the sky and onto the path below.

Getting to her feet, Marta was immediately pinned down by the remaining drones, the automatic fire ripping holes in her bat like wings. Taking a chance the van reversed at full speed out of the hospital and onto the street, the vehicle only just missing the cars travelling up and down the road. With a scream that, not only drowned out the honking of annoyed motorists but seemingly shook the entire city, Marta's rage reached its zenith, the sheer anger twisting her body as jaw blades and hook like elbow spines erupted from her body in a series of painful sounding clicks and cracks.

Sprinting down onto the road, Marta stepped onto the asphalt, the excessive heat given off by her body causing the road tar to bubble. With a shriek, Marta released a river of flame down the tar, the heat melting the road surface and the tyres of the vehicles travelling along that section with a sickening squelch. Advancing on the stricken van, Marta now ignored the harassing force of drones, their optics and wiring catching alight as she walked past them towards her quarry, her saliva vaporising the tar as it dripped along the blades sprouted from her cheeks.

As Marta neared the van, the rear doors exploded open in a cloud of smoke followed by the roar of gunfire as the CROW turret inside opened fire, the 30mm cannon shells joined by the crack of anti-radiation grenades launched from the weapon systems side mounted tubes.

Staggering under the intensity of the fire Marta dropped to one knee, as a cocoon of foam enveloped her, the internal flame increased by her rage rapidly extinguishing. Closing her eyes Marta thought of Karl, the rage reigniting with enough intensity that the foam was now smoking as the gas inside exploded outwards in a loud pop, the torrents of superheated steam destroying the turret and any remaining drones. Her anger restored, Marta screamed, the sound joining the whine of sirens as the emergency services closed in on her.

Momentarily distracted, Marta missed the man in a ballistic mask emerge from the van, a missile launcher slung over his shoulder. What she didn't miss was the smell of something foul, one that pushed her anger even further as Dronekiller locked onto his target and fired. With a howl, Marta spun round and slashed the projectile with one of the elbow hooks, the explosion vaporising the flesh on the left side of her face and along the arm on the same side.

Not wasting any time Dronekiller threw the launcher away and pulled out a handgun as Drakania emerged from the explosion looking as if she'd just crawled out of hell.

"I'm not sorry." Dronekiller stated flatly as Marta placed a hand on his shoulders, the heat from her touch causing him to scream out in pain as her hands burnt through his arms, the wound cauterised almost immediately as his burning arms hit the molten floor.

"Neither am I!!" Marta hissed as she pushed Dronekiller face down into the tar, his body burning on impact even as it was sucked under the surface.

"On your knees!" A voice called from an armoured jeep that had just pulled up, its flanks painted in the colours of the Munich police. With a feral scream Marta turned and breathed a jet of black flames at the vehicle, the speaker and the other officers roasting inside.

"You were meant to protect and serve." She wheezed, flames flickering with every word she spoke. "You failed and now you'll burn for your failure to protect him! Everyone will burn for your failure!!"

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 13

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blueecho: Thanks, not sure what I'm foreshadowing but okay

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#5 batkevin74  Online

Haven't read it yet but the title has me asking "Is the dragon actually furry? Like all covered in hair?" Or do you mean fury, like all angry and $h!+??

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ClassicKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Another Masterpiece, I must say

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 230

#9  Edited By FicOPedia

The Amazons #4 - Dragon's Fury

OC Names:
Characters:
  • .Dronekiller. (ballistic mask) [deceased; loses arms; then is encased in burning road tar]
  • Hilda Elise (cropped short blonde hair, pale skin)
  • Karl Elise
  • .Marta Elise. (She-Drache; Drakaina [Drakania {sic}])
  • unnamed ambulance driver half-skinned by robot nurse
  • unnamed robot nurse that poisoned Karl
  • unnamed nurse who wouldn't let Marta in to see Karl
Concepts:
  • unspecified incident in the 50s (made Karl dislike hospitals)
Objects:
  • .Eiter.
  • Mercury Hire Cars van
Non-Fiction used in this fic:
Locations:
  • Munich
Objects:
  • anti-radiation grenades
  • CROW turret w/30mm cannon shells
  • quad-rotor drones w/machine pistols
Teams:
  • Munich police