The Adventures of Alex Mercer: Fighting a Vampire Chapter 6

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dygoboy

This is part 6 of the Adventures Mercer. So I suggest you read part 1 and Wizarding Britain or you be lost here..

The Story.

After the events of Prototype 1, Alex Mercer travels the world and gets himself in situations of an unusual nature.

Mercer and Anderson ran towards the fight. When they arrived, they saw the 9th Crusaders and the Last Battalion staring at each other. Standing in front of the Last Battalion was a man in a brown trenchcoat. Mercer and Anderson stood in front of the 9th Crusaders.

"So we have two factions fighting here: The Crusaders, lead by Maxwell and The Last Battalion, lead by someone else." said Mercer as he morphed his arms into Claws.

"Don't forget the Hellsing Organization, lead by Sir Integra Fairbrooks Wingates Hellsing, my master." said another voice. A figure suddenly landed in the middle of the two armies. This figure had long, black hair. He also had a red suit and was dual-wielding two handguns.

"Alucard, we meet again." Said Mercer. They stared at each other. "Father Anderson, lead the Crusade against Millenium. I'm going to defeat this being."

Alucard aimed his guns at Mercer. "Are you going to kill me, Doctor?"

"I never said kill. A monster can only die at the hands of a man. You said that yourself, didn't you?" Mercer said, approaching Alucard. He nodded. Mercer continued, "I'm going to consume you, Alucard. Your power will be added to mine, your knowledge will be my knowledge, and your soul will reside in my body for eternity. You will never die." Mercer had a wicked smile akin to a Chelsea Grin. "Now let me consume you, so I won't have an equal." Mercer swiped at Alucard. Alucard shot at Mercer, barely grazing his head. Alucard took the slash and barely kept his arm. Mercer swiped again and Alucard dodged it by jumping high in the air, shooting at Mercer with both guns. Mercer morphed his right arm into Whipfist and extended his reach to Alucard's ankle. He gasped as Mercer pulled him to the ground, smashing the pavement. Mercer started pulling Alucard towards him. He started shooting at Mercer, but Mercer morphed his left arm into a shield that absorbed the rounds. Alucard tried shooting at the whip, coming up with audible clicks from both guns.

"What are my orders, master?" said Alucard, mere meters away from being consumed. Within his mind, he heard Search and destroy. Release control lock restriction 0. Lay waste to our enemies.Alucard's last words before being consumed were: "I am... The Bird of Hermes." Mercer's biomass overtook Alucard and the No-Life King was consumed. Mercer stumbled in the rush of power.

"It's done. I have consumed the Nosferatu, Alucard." said Mercer. "My evolution has advanced beyond anything I have ever imagined." Mercer started to seize up. "What is going on? Another awakening?" His mouth started moving against his will, and with a voice not his own, he said, "Here Standeth the Bird of Hermes, EATING MY OWN WINGS! To keep...myself...tame."

NO! THIS ISN'T HAPPENING!

Red energy started rushing out of every orifice that Mercer had. Mercer barely managed to scream as his body exploded. A mass of energy took Mercer's place. Everyone started shooting the mass as Anderson and the man in the trenchcoat left the battlefield. "Something terrible is going to happen. Everyone can feel it." said Anderson.

"Dr. Mercer is dead." In front of the Last Battalion, a flurry of cards soared out of the mass of darkness, slicing up some of the vampires. In front of the 9th Crusaders, a bullet zig-zagged out of the mass of ethereal power, smashing into some of the soldiers. Unnoticed by anyone, the remains of Alex Mercer oozed towards the Crusaders. One of the soldiers stood on the remains and planted his foot to the ground.

"What in God's name?" said the knight. Mercer's biomass started crawling up the man's leg, multiplying exponentially while doing so. The biomass formed a head near the knight's shoulders. A face formed on the head: the face of Dr. Alex Mercer.

"Not God, science. Scientists created me, the demonic almost destroyed me. Now, your my next meal." said Mercer, his biomass completely enveloping the unfortunate soul. The next moment, Mercer was standing there. He looked up at the Crusader's aircraft and saw his target.

Archbishop Enrico Maxwell.

"It's Impossible! How can something like that exist!?" Maxwell yelled over the loudspeaker. Mercer jumped up on a building, just missing a river of blood. He looked at the blood and saw eyes everywhere in it. Some of the eyes transformed into bodies.

"The Kazan, and the Yeniceri forces." Mercer heard. He looked to his left and saw the Paladin. Father Anderson. "You devoured them all, didn't you?"

He must be talking about Alucard.

"No matter how hard we try, we're never going to kill you, are we?" Anderson then yelled, "How many lost souls are within you!? How many are there, trapped in your cursed body?" Mercer looked down and out of the blood, knights in medieval armor rose, mounted on horses.

"Wallachia's main army." Maxwell whimpered. "You...your own soldiers, your own subjects. You consumed them." Mercer heard his fear over the loudspeaker. "You are a fiend, a monster. You...you...D-DRACULA!" Maxwell screamed.

That explains alot.

Alucard now wore red armor and had on a tattered cape. He had long, black hair and a moustache. He had on iron gauntlets and had a sword hanging from his hip. The mass of souls started rushing forward, killing vampire, crusader, and civilian alike. "This is it." said Anderson. "The soldiers are away from the castle, the lord stands alone."

Anderson jumped down into the horde of souls, hacking and slicing at the lost souls. Mercer saw Maxwell's chopper go down and followed. The box that Maxwell was in landed in a mass of the damned. The souls tried to get at Maxwell, but they couldn't penetrate the glass. Mercer jumped down and landed on the box. He morphed his right arm into a blade and started slicing at the waves of undead. When he got enough of a buffer zone, Mercer stabbed the box, putting a hole in it.

"Another demon?" said Maxwell. Mercer grinned and turned into an amorphous biomass. He oozed into the box and reformed.

"Would you believe man created me? That science gave me my powers? It was man, not the divine, nor the demonic. I'm going to consume you, Archbishop, you will live within me, forever." ranted Mercer. Mercer's biomass started crawling over him and in a flash, Archbishop Enrico Maxwell was consumed. "You were a fool. You could've had eternity to be better than the protestants you hate. Your will to kill them lead to a fate worse than death." Mercer morphed his arms into Hammerfist and uppercutted his way out of the box. He landed in a horde of souls. He tried to move, but they swarmed him. Mercer yelled and exploded in a mass of devastating tendrils. With some room, Mercer started grabbing souls left and right and consumed them. After about a dozen, Mercer jumped for the roof. He looked west and felt demonic power radiating.

Alucard. Without your lives, I will consume you.

Mercer ran, hopping over alleys filled with the damned. He then came across a figure slicing through the damned.

Father Alexander Anderson.

He slashed his way through the horde. Out of nowhere, a flurry of cards shot out and struck Anderson. "What will you do now, catholic?" Mercer heard Alucard say. "What are your chances of winning? One in a thousand, ten thousand, a million, a billion?" Alucard mocked.

"No matter the odds, I will handle it." said Anderson.

What determination. Someone I can respect.

Alucard jumped behind a horde of souls, nearly blowing off Anderson's arm with his gun while doing so. "Come on, Paladin. Your dragon is waiting." There was a pause. Mercer could only hear Anderson's ragged breathing. "Look at you; you're bruised and bleeding from head to toe, your arm is only hanging on by a few scraps of flesh. What are you going to do? Are you going to die like a dog, on your knees? Or on your feet, like a man? Make a decision, your time is slipping away." Anderson stared at the horde.

"Do you really think the near loss of my arm will stop me, Nosferatu?" said Anderson. He grabbed one of his bayonets and forced it into his hand. He grabbed another bayonet and twirled it in his hand. "Come at me, vampire. COME DOWN AND FIGHT ME!" Anderson then charged into the horde. He sliced down the damned left and right, Mercer following him on the rooftops. "I WANT MORE! GIVE ME MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE!" Anderson saw a hulking brute of a soul step in front of him. "Get outta my way!" yelled Anderson, stabbing the brute in the head. The brute shrugged it off, grabbed Anderson's arm, and started twisting. Mercer saw a chance to intervene. He jumped off the roof and dived. He landed with his fists pounding the ground and spikes erupted from the ground. They impaled everything nearby, including the brute that had a hold of Anderson. Mercer twisted his arms, disconnecting himself from his Groundspike Graveyard. This made the spikes stay there, keeping the souls impaled.

"I'm impressed, Dr. Mercer." said Alucard. "You really could be my equal. You even share my love for impaling enemies. Whoever made you must have known me."

"Why did you interfere? I alone must take down the dragon." said Anderson.

"You will have your fight. You cannot get there by yourself though. Let me clear a path." Mercer said. He morphed his arm into a Blade and started slicing through enemies. He also consumed some of them. Anderson was following, killing stragglers and other enemies that got close. One of the stragglers grabbed Anderson's arm and tore it the rest of the way off. He shrugged it off and continued killing. They reached Alucard and stopped. Mercer was standing there, thanks to his near-endless endurance. Anderson was panting and bleeding out.

"Come on, Angel Dust, must I repeat myself? What are you waiting for? Hit me. Fight me!" said Alucard. Mercer looked at Anderson with a knowing glance. Anderson charged at Alucard. He went for a downward slice, to have it parried by Alucard's sword. They visibly struggled against each other's blade. Anderson was trying to overpower the No-Life King, Alucard was barely putting his all behind it. Alucard side-stepped Anderson's bayonet and let it be imbedded in the ground. Anderson pulled out another bayonet and tried to run the Nosferatu through. Alucard batted it aside with his sword, grabbed Anderson's lone arm, and threw him to the ground, in one fluid movement. Anderson tried to get up, without success. "You're finished, catholic. You're bleeding out, disarmed, and too weak to stand." He turned to Mercer. "This fight is finished. Anderson can no longer stand. I don't kick dogs when they're down, so now it's your turn." Mercer brandished his Blade. "A Falchion. I haven't seen a sword like that in centuries."

"And I'll run this through your heart, Dracula." said Mercer. He charged Alucard and went for a horizontal slice. Alucard jumped over Mercer and performed a Helm-Splitter, slicing Mercer's head in half. In a few seconds, Mercer looked like he was never harmed. Mercer went to stab Alucard.

Alucard spun around and chopped Mercer's arm off with his sword. As Mercer's Blade fell to the ground, his biomass shifted and his arm grew back. Mercer's arm morphed into Whipfist and shot it at Alucard. Alucard blocked it with his sword and pulled out his other handgun to shoot at Mercer. 2 bullets later and Mercer's Whipfist was shot off. Mercer's biomass formed into Claws and he went for a diagonal slash. Alucard parried one of the claws with his sword and nearly dodged the other one, grabbing Mercer's arm. Alucard was barely keeping the Claws from digging into his neck. Alucard was struggling, as was Mercer.

Alucard yelled and kicked Mercer in the chest, pushing him back. Alucard then ran Mercer through with his sword. Alucard stepped back, leaving his sword embedded in Mercer's chest.

"My equal? Hmph, you're just a dog. A dog with no reason, that needs to be told what to do. A dog that follows his instincts, and nothing else. A dog...that needs to be...put down." ranted Alucard.

He walked up to Mercer and pulled his sword out. In one swift movement, Alucard decapitated Alex Mercer.

End of Part 6

Writer's note:

a couple more chapters and this Story should be done.

touma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

nice fan friction so far

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers