Sword in the Moon™ Universe: "Northern Lights" (repost)

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jexsu
No Caption Provided

| Creation

Back in 2008, on Halloween night, I was at work and outside on break. I glanced up into the dark sky and witnessed something very picturesque: a distinctively shaped cloud in the form of a sword, hovering over the full-moon. Being so unique, its image would float around in my head for years, until recently. Thus came about "Sword in the Moon," a sort of 'company label' I've used for my collection of ideas, stories, and characters; a shared Universe.

I normally have visual representation when I generate new material. For example: The Pantheon (back on the shelf again) showcases characters details and images. I utilize Second Life (a social media video game) for its integrated Editing and Snapshot software (including external marketplace), and Adobe Photoshop CS5, applying Filters and numerous Plug-ins to gain a finished product (logos, banners, etc.).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

| Genre

Medieval, fantasy, mystery, horror, history, touch of modern.

| Concept

The year is 989 AD, the Viking Era. After his younger brother, Jornbrandr, goes unexpectedly missing, a talented warrior named Matthias Terrisson takes it upon himself to go searching. Upon his journey, he ventures across an unfamiliar world full of mystery, might and magic, visiting the strangest of places and facing off against creatures of both myth and legend (Gods, demons, and monsters alike). To help him on his quest, Matthias acquires various artefacts and supernatural skills, as well as befriends a Gallowglass, Rajput and an African Princess, whom accompany him along the way. He will climb the tallest mountains, trot the hottest deserts, and sail the deadliest seas to bring his brother home.

| Locations

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

| Chapters

Prologue and/or Part 1 should be out on October 6th to 8th.

What do you all think so far?

Is this something you'd like to read?

@batkevin74@batvibe12@bronze_surfer@warlordeternal@foxerdes@masterofevil@nightsky86@the_impersonator@waezi2@cbishop@joshmightbe

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#2 wildvine  Moderator

There's potential for some epic storytelling.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@jexsu: I like it! But I think you need to have Matthias (name might need work to Norse it up some more, but then again I'm not overly familiar with "normal" Scandinavian style names other than Lars/Sven etc) SEE his brother go missing; make it partially HIS fault so it will help him along on his quest.

Also unless Matthias gets really lost, you'll have to explain kinda logically even though it's a fantasy story, why bad guys took Jornbdabdr over six continents. He'd have to be pretty special or the centre of a prophecy, so keep that in mind.

Write it up

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Sounds like Game of Thrones. Looking forward to it.

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_impersonator: I can see where you're coming from, but it's far from Game of Thrones. Lol.

@batkevin74: I appreciate the feedback, but I already know what I'm going to have in my story. Matthias wasn't a common Scandinavian name until it was basically anglicized during the Viking Era when Christianity was afoot - as far as I'm aware; either way, I don't care. Haha. I'll hopefully have part 1 of chapter 1 done by tonight, if not sooner.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7  Edited By WarlordEternal

Pretty good. I'm interested.

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry for the delay, friends. Lack of pain medication has made me lose focus and I'm way behind on the story. But it is on the way, I promise!