Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Survivor of the 66

Chapter 7

Meet Your Team

He hadn't budged an inch since the arrival of the latest member to join team green. Vegeta stood in watch of the others, tapping his index finger over his wrist as he waited patiently. His only thought, who would appear next?

His eyes made contact with theirs; they looked away the moment this occurred. Vegeta simply huffed before detracting his sights away from the trio. It was clear they were watching him, something that didn't bother him in the least.

"Our captain doesn't look all that friendly," whispered Chopper.

"He isn't," Chibiusa dispensed as she rolled her eyes into his direction. "He's just a big ole meanie!"

Vegeta didn't bat an eye upon hearing her opinion on him.

"Hey," spoke Artemis. "Let's keep things on a positive note you guys, no need to jump to conclusions. Most of us are meeting for the first time, so we in the least owe our peers the benefit of the doubt."

Artemis then looked over at their selected captain. "And not to mention this is our leader, it is in bad taste to speak ill of him."

"You know, you're right," smiled Chopper with a new positive outlook.

Chibiusa took a deep breath. "We'll see."

Artemis couldn't be any more pleased by this. "That's the spirit!"

A tussling sound came from a pair of branches nearby. All members of team looked over just as someone appeared from behind a pair of trees. Now standing before them was a man holding a baseball bat who wore a hockey mask over his face.

Vegeta immediately recognized who it was. "It's that Jones guy who was ranked last from Dimension Awesome, don't tell me he's joining me as well."

"I thought I heard voices," the newcomer said planting the tip of his bat to the ground with a thump. "I guess the parties already started."

"Welcome to team green!" Chopper delightedly greeted.

"Casey Jones at your service," Casey said bowing his head to all new faces. "I am looking forward to winning alongside all of you cats."

An enquiring look came to his face after hearing his remark. "Cats?" questioned Artemis. "As far as I know I am the only cat here."

"What?!" exclaimed Casey. "It's a talking cat!"

"Yes, I have the ability to talk," confirmed Artemis.

"Not that I haven't come across strange things in my life or anything, this was just kinda unexpected," Casey admitted. "Oh, and about that cat reference. It's just a saying where I'm from."

"A saying?"

"You guys, you dudes, you cats," Casey compared putting it into terms. "They all mean practically the same thing. It's a different way for labeling a group of friends if you will."

Chopper stepped forward, there was now a hopeful expression on his face. "You consider us friends?"

Raising his bat for a second time Casey took a sharp swing. "We're teammates," Casey stated. "In the least that makes us comrades, right?"

The sound of ominous laughter erupted in that moment, shifting everyone's attention.

"It came from above," pointed Chibiusa.

"Whose there?!" shouted Artemis.

The laughter continued as movement could be seen and heard from the trees hanging overhead. This went on for a time, bringing uneasiness for most. Artemis gritted his teeth; Casey tightened his grip around his bat, while both Chopper and Chibiusa got into their fighting stances. Vegeta was the only one unfazed by this development, standing with his eyes softly closed the captain of team green spoke.

"Alright, enough games," Vegeta stated. "Come down and join us."

The laughter then turned to low toned chuckles. "Somebody didn't say pwetty please."

Uncrossing his arms and stepping up from where he leaned Vegeta opened his eyes. "Listen, and listen carefully," Vegeta began as he raised his head. "I'm going to give you until the count of one before-"

In that moment of him speaking they descended, bouncing from one tree to the next before ultimately finding way to the ground. "One second's up!" announced the newest member.

Vegeta was not surprised when she appeared before him, he suspected this much after hearing her speak. Just like with the previous additions, he was not pleased in the least.

Casey Jones lifted his mask upon laying eyes on her for the first time, feeling a rush from within as he spoke. "Woooh! Who's the babe?!"

Hearing this team green's newest member faced him. "Harleen, Frances.. Quinzel," she winked. This only made his heart pound even faster. "But'cha can call me Harley Quinn."

"Welcome to the team Harley-chan!" Chibiusa waved.

Not a second later a cloud of smoke assembled, carried by a soft blowing breeze.

"What is that?" coughed Chopper.

Everyone looked into the direction of where the smokes path originated to see a man smoking a cigar stepping out from between a pair of bushes.

Harley's eyes tweaked. "Oh great, it's him." Her face soured, showing how she felt about this newest addition.

"It's John Constantine!" Chopper wailed.

Exhaling he confirmed the pirate's claim. "So, a talking reindeer who remembered my name? Well I'll be dammed." After lowering the cigar to his side John shed eye to the team's captain who did the same in return. Neither said a word before looking away from one another.

"Constantine, ranked fourth from Dimension Caped Crusader." The thought of it sank in Vegeta's mind. "While I don't sense much power from him, I have a feeling he'll prove useful."

"Oh look!" Chibiusa yelled as she pointed to the sky. "There's someone up there!"

"Hey, you're right! There is someone up there," Casey backed after taking a look for himself.

Vegeta blinked an eye, feeling as if his heart skipped a beat. How could someone be there without him feeling their presence? Looking up he too laid eyes on who hovered above. Clutching his fist in disgust he growled. "It's him.."

In the snap of a second the man who floated above launched downward, touching down with a soft tap. "I take it this is a gathering for all members of team green?" asked the newest person to join the fray.

"It certainly is," Artemis confirmed.

Harley looked at Vegeta before then looking back at the man to have just joined them. "Heya, aren't you from-"

"Yes, I too am from Dimension Z as this group's captain," he nodded in confirmation. "I am Dr. Gero."

Chopper's eyes lightened after hearing this. "Ar.. are you really a doctor?" stammered Chopper.

Looking down at him Dr. Gero responded. "Yes, I am indeed a certified doctor as well as a scientist above all other things."

"AWESOME!"

Not a moment more the footsteps of another was heard. "Number nine; the highest single digit, and also the amount of us who stand here now."

Everyone looked over after hearing the voice of a young man speak. "Who the hell are you?" Harley asked being the first to address him.

The man wearing a sports cap smirked as he placed his hands into his jacket. "Hattori Heiji," he replied. "Detective."

"A detective huh?" remarked John. Raising the cigar he took another smoke before exhaling. "Interesting."

"So, is this everyone who will be on this team?" asked Heiji. There was not a single person that he recognized. This brought uneasiness. "Or are there still more to come?"

"No one knows for sure," replied Artemis. "All of us have been appearing one after another. None of us know when the process will be completed."

A look of shock made way to the young detective's face. "That.. that cat just talked!" Heiji pointed.

"Yes, the cat can speak," noted John.

"Looks like the cats out of the bag," Casey Jones joked. "Well, at least in that regard."

Vegeta still looked on from his position at tree side, carefully studying the newest member to have joined his ranks. "There doesn't appear to be anything special about this guy, and based on what I can sense from him it would seem he is just an ordinary human."

To say he was less than pleased would be putting it lightly, and not just with the latest to arrive, but with all to have been assembled. Through his eyes there was no one noteworthy currently standing amongst them.

"So we have a little school girl, a house cat, a talking reindeer, a hockey masked side joke, an accident clown, a man who I am uncertain of, an untrustworthy two faced weakling doctor, and some kid detective who will probably bare more weight to this team than what he has to offer," Vegeta diagnosed in his mind. "If this is all I have to work with, this challenge is going to be more difficult than I originally believed."

….

Over four minutes passed since the third member of team red had arrived. There was now a growing uncertainty that steadily weighed in.

"The two of you appeared within a minute of one another when you arrived," Wonder Woman recalled. "A lot of time has passed since then, and no one else has yet to appear."

"Now that you mention it, you would think that someone else would have been sent here by now," said Renet who then gasped at the possibility of it. "Could it be that everyone else has been drafted to another team! Meaning.. meaning we're the only three members of team RED!"

"Not a possibility. While we could be smaller in numbers compared to the other groups, the possibility of us getting handicapped by this margin if we consider what Bat-Mite said about the twelve colored marked pieces of paper representing each team is highly unlikely," Red Robin reminded. "And in regards to our numbers, our current count is now actually five."

Wonder Woman and Renet looked to one another before then facing him. They were puzzled by this given statement. "What do you mean there are five of us," Renet questioned. "Who are the other two besides you two and myself?"

Red Robin turned, directing their attention back to hillside with the wave of his hand. "There." Their eyes were now focused on a large tree that sat atop the hill from where Wonder Woman had once come.

"I don't get it," said Renet who looked over at him. "It's just a tree. Unless there is something I'm missing."

The masked detective grinned as he spoke once more. "Hey, why don't you two come down and join us?"

Not a second more two women stepped out from behind the tree, confirming that there were five of them after all.

Wonder Woman immediately faced him. "How did you know they were there?"

"I performed a perimeter boost push," revealed Red Robin.

"A perimeter boost push?"

The two that had been standing in secret walked down the hill, reaching the three in short time.

"Welcome to red team! Or team red if you prefer," Renet happily greeted.

"Why thank you," the taller one of the two women responded.

"You both are from Dimension Sea, aren't you?" asked Wonder Woman. "Nico Robin and Nami?"

"You even remembered our names," the red haired girl confirmed.

"Check it! Robin meets Robin!" Renet said laying eye on Red Robin before looking over at Nico Robin. "The irony is real here folks."

Not a second more a torpedoing sound could be heard, one similar to a jet streaming across the sky. "What is that noise?" Nico Robin questioned.

"Look! There's something coming from above!" Renet alerted.

Everyone looked. Something was coming, and it was coming in fast, thus making it difficult to determine exactly what it was.

Wonder Woman clutched her fist, preparing herself for the possibility of battle. Regardless of who or what approached she was ready for its arrival. The object that was once one of a blur finally came into view of clarity. After having her doubts cleared, Wonder Woman eased up in stance.

It didn't take long for everyone else to realize as well. Nami's jaw dropped in disbelief. "It's a flying boy!"

"He doesn't have any wings," Nico Robin pointed out. "Perhaps some kind of sorcery?"

The young man in an orange colored gi landed soon after, shyly holding out a red piece of paper before speaking his first words to all of them. "Are you guys a part of, um.. the red team?"

Greeting him Wonder Woman stepped forward. "Yes, you have come to the right place." Wonder Woman then smiled as a way to ease his nervousness that could clearly be seen. "Why don't you come over and join us.."

"Goten," the half saiyan conveyed. "My name is Goten."

"Well Goten, welcome to team red."

What happened next was not something the amazon princess could have anticipated. A split second was all it would take before contact would be made. It soared in path toward its target, bringing a wisp that could be faintly heard. She turned just in time, grabbing hold of it just as it came within inches of her face. Lowering her hand Wonder Woman came to find what had descended upon her. "A rose?"

She immediately looked up at the tree from where it had come to see a dark figure hidden behind many branches and leafs. "Who's there? Identify yourself!"

This grabbed the attention of everyone else. "What's wrong?" Red Robin asked.

Someone leaped out from the tree, gliding down to where everyone stood near one another. "Look out!" Nami shouted.

Everyone scrambled off to the side, watching as a man in a tuxedo wearing a white mask softly touched down.

"You're from Dimension Moon," Wonder Woman voiced to the man who stood with his back to her. "Tuxedo Kamen."

Repositioning himself he now faced her. "I am," the masked man confirmed.

"I believe this belongs to you." Holding up the rose that was still in her possession, Wonder Woman tossed it over to Tuxedo Kamen who caught it.

Now in his grasp Tuxedo Kamen placed his left hand over the rose to cover it. Once he lifted his hand the rose was gone.

"What is this guy," wondered Nami. "Some kind of magician?"

All eyes remained on the Tuxedo Kamen, many wondering what he would do next, if anything at all. It was in those dead silent moments that the sound of a stick being crushed under foot directed everyone's attention elsewhere. And just like that four additional people had appeared.

"In team tension before the game has even begun, certainly not a recipe for success," a young man who stood in front of the group proclaimed.

"Um, and you are?" Nami asked.

"Saguru Hakuba." He bowed his head. "Ace detective."

"Welcome, Saguru," Wonder Woman responded.

The three standing behind him consisted of a blue haired woman, a man with curly hair and a strong physique, and a long haired woman in a green colored skirt. Recognizing two of the newest people to appear Goten leaped forward.

"Hey guys, it's me!"

The blue haired woman was the first one to notice him. "Oh look, it's Goten!"

Wonder Woman looked on as Red Robin came to her side. "That makes three people from Dimension Z a part of red team now."

"As I can see, though their names leave me at the moment," Wonder Woman admitted.

"The woman is Bulma, and also Dimension Z's third ranked player. The man standing next to her goes by the name Mr. Satan," Red Robin reminded.

"Is there anything you don't remember from the introductions?"

"Hey, I have no superpowers," Red Robin replied quick to point out. "Being instinctive and keeping knowledge of everything I learn is where my use is going to benefit."

The only one who remained was the brown haired girl in the skirt. Given her apparel it was clear to everyone she was from Dimension Moon just as Tuxedo Kamen.

"Jupiter," Tuxedo Kamen called.

Hearing his voice Sailor Jupiter looked into his direction. "You're here as well." As she advanced toward him she looked over those currently present to find unfamiliar faces. "So, it's only the two of us."

"So, is this everyone?" Mr. Satan asked of no one in particular.

"Well I can't say for sure," Renet chose to reply. "Everyone has pretty much been appearing one after another. There is no telling who else might show up."

"She's right," Nico Robin said. "Only time will tell."

The wait would continue on, everyone with the same thought in mind. Who would be the next to arrive?

…..

A time had passed since Usopp's arrival. Placing a hand above his eyes he scoured the entire terrain. "Nope, still no one else." He then drew focus to the left to find Sailor Moon now on the ground lying on her back. Her arms and legs were spread out as if she was to make a snow angel. "What are you doing down there?"

With a dazed look on her face and eyes fixated on the sailing clouds in the sky Sailor Moon responded. "I wonder how far away I am from home."

"Ya, but.. why are you laying on the ground?" asked Usopp for a second time.

"It's almost like being on vacation." Sailor Moon closed her eyes as she took a deep breath. "Oh how I've needed a vacation."

"Hey, you didn't answer the question," Usopp stated.

Shifting her head she looked over at him with a borderline blank expression. "Hmmm, you asked something?"

A dumbfounding look came to the pirate's face. "Don't tell me she's like Luffy!"

In that instance Sailor Moon sat up before pointing to something in the distance that had caught her attention. "Hey look, there's something falling from the sky."

Looking into the direction she had pointed Usopp saw it for himself. "You're right." Using the zooming function of his goggles he was able to determine what it was. "It's a person!"

Sailor Moon leaped to her feet, feeling it was now time to take action. "I'll go and catch them before they can hit the ground. Wait here for my return."

Usopp rose a hand, giving her a salute. "Aye Captain!"

Just as she was to make a move an unknown object torpedoed through the sky, catching the falling person in the process. Sailor Moon looked back at him in the wake of this. "Usopp, what just happened?"

Using his goggles once more he was able to figure out just that. "They were caught by something.. another person!" announced Usopp as his legs began to shake. "And whoever it is, they're heading straight toward us!"

There was no denying that he was nervous. "No need to be so uptight," Sailor Moon calmed. "It's probably just two more people who were picked to join our team."

He breathed a sigh of relief. "You're probably right."

Within the blink of an eye the two who had been seen in the sky just a second appeared before them. "Aaaaauuuggggg!" yelled Usopp who jumped back in absolute surprise. Landing on his butt he grunted.

"Oh, my apologies for startling you." The man who appeared apologized.

"Ahu, don't mention it. It's not a big deal," Usopp assured dusting himself off as he stood back up.

Still held in the newcomers hand was the young woman who had been seen falling from the sky just a short time ago. Now on ground level he set her down. Her immediate reaction was to distance herself from the three of them.

"What's wrong?" Sailor Moon asked as the young woman took another step away.

"I don't know any of you people or what your intent is, just stay away from me." She turned away before heading towards one of the many Willow Trees in the distance. As she walked she shook her head as if to express confusion. "None of this is real, it can't be."

The three watched as she trailed off in those following moments. "I wonder what her problem is," Usopp voiced.

"Perhaps pre game jitters?" guessed the newcomer.

"What's your name, if you don't mind me asking," Sailor Moon directed. "I don't remember seeing you back at the Bye Bye Bat Base."

"I am Whis," he answered nodding his head in the process.

"Whis?" Sailor Moon paused. "That's an unusual name."

"I've never heard that name before," Usopp said. He then smiled "It is definitely unique, I like it."

"Why thank you," Whis replied to the complimented.

"I wonder how much longer we will have to wait before someone else shows up," Sailor Moon wondered.

"Not another moment," Whis replied.

Sailor Moon looked at him questioningly. "Has someone else already come?" She looked to the sky once again.

Whis waved over at her which in turn grabbed her attention. "No, there," Whis pointed in the direction behind.

She spun around to see four more people traveling toward them from the far distance away. Even with as far as they were she was still able to make out who one of them was. "Mercury!" Sailor Moon yipped in excitement as she took off.

Usopp looked up at Whis before looking into the direction that she ran. "Think we should follow her?"

"I don't see the point in us remaining here," replied Whis who grabbed hold of the back of Usopp's overalls before going airborne. "Why don't I give you a lift?"

"I'm not so sure about this!" Usopp exclaimed kicking his feet in fret.

She moved swiftly. It didn't take long for her to come in range of the group who had arrived, waving her hand as she did. "Mercury!"

Spotting her comrade for the first time Sailor Mercury waved back. "Sailor Moon," Mercury said as Sailor Moon came to a stop before her. "It's good to see you too."

"I had hoped we would end up on the same team," Sailor Moon stated. "The only thing missing is the rest of our friends."

Sailor Mercury smiled. "Given our current count that's an unlikely scenario."

Whis landed along with Usopp a second later, releasing his grasp from the pirate the moment they did. Hearing their arrival Sailor Moon turned around before speaking. "If you don't already know, this is Usopp and Whis. They too are also part of our team."

"Hello guys," Usopp waved.

Sailor Mercury then focused attention to those who stood beside her. "Oh yes, before I forget."

She started off by looking to the man in an armored suit of green and orange on the left of her. "This here is Aquaman."

"You have my word Captain Moon that I will bring my best efforts to assure our team victory," Aquaman promised.

Sailor Moon's cheeks turned red. "He called me captain," Sailor Moon bashfully spoke to herself.

Sailor Mercury then turned to the masked man on her right wearing black armor. "And his name is-"

"Nightwing," the original boy wonder greeted. "Trust me when I say, you've got a quality player standing here. You won't be disappointed."

Nightwing then looked down at the young boy standing next to him. "Saving the best for last. I introduce to you, Superboy."

Sailor Moon placed her hands onto her knees as she leaned forward. "Hello there."

"Hi." Superboy replied before looking away.

There was definitely disconnection to be felt. Was something wrong? Did it have something to do with her?

"I see someone way over there," Aquaman pointed. "How come they're sitting alone?"

Usopp turned to see who it was before responding. "Oh, her," Usopp realized. "She doesn't seem to want to be bothered by anyone."

"It's not just that," said Sailor Moon who stood back up. "It doesn't seem that she has truly grasped the reality of what is going on."

"Do you know her name?" Aquaman asked.

The captain shook her head. "She didn't give it before she decided to walk off."

"Masumi Sera," Nightwing informed. "She is from Dimension Style."

"Wait.. you can see her from here?" Sailor Moon asked in surprise.

Nightwing simply pointed to his mask. "Zooming system installed within my mask, very handy actually."

"Your mask allows you to do that?" Usopp was clearly surprised.

"Not just that. Included is night vision capabilities and a system which allows me to track heat signatures," Nightwing added. Sailor Moon leaned forward, now standing within inches of him. This caught him by surprise. "Umm, is something wrong?"

Raising a hand Sailor Moon poked the side of his mask. "It looks like any ordinary mask. Is it really capable of all of that?"

"That and more," Nightwing assured.

A crashing sound ignited at that moment. "What was that?" Sailor Mercury questioned as everyone looked over to the left.

They came to find that someone else had dropped down from above. Now standing before them was an individual who seemed to be half man, half machine.

"Cyborg," Aquaman greeted making way toward team blue's newest member. "Welcome."

Looking over everyone who stood before him Cyborg responded. "I never imagined so many from our world would be on a single team."

"And all by chance," Nightwing added. "Which bolds well for us."

"It does," agreed Aquaman. "Since we're familiar with one another chemistry within challenges will come easier for us. Of course we'll all have to grow together as a team."

"Quite an unorthodox apparel," Whis thought after laying eyes on Cyborg for the first time. "I'm interested to know his story."

"There's nine of us in all as it stands," Nightwing noted. "I wonder if anyone else will appear in the coming minutes."

"Actually, we are now at a count of ten," corrected Whis.

"Ten?" questioned Sailor Mercury. She took another look for herself. "By my count there are only nine of us."

"I can sense someone else on these grounds besides everyone accounted for," Whis revealed. Turning to his right he pointed to the far end of the island. "There is someone walking in that direction."

"There is?" Sailor Moon looked into the pointed direction for herself.

Zooming in with the use of his mask for a second time, Nightwing laid eyes on the individual in question. "It appears this guy is either lost or is searching for something."

"Do you recognize who it is?" asked Aquaman.

"If I'm not mistaken he's from Dimension Sea," Nightwing replied as he looked toward Usopp. "Can you confirm?"

Using his goggles to hone in on the person in question Usopp knew exactly who it was. "Zorro!"

"So he's from your world after all," Whis said taking a half step forward. "Why don't I go and fetch him?"

Before deciding to take flight Whis lowered an eye onto the pirate before him. "Would you be interested in coming along?"

"No thanks," Usopp smilingly declined. "I'll wait here with the rest of everyone else."

"If you insist." With that Whis took off, leaving the seven of them standing in watch.

Looking over everyone who stood as members of team blue Sailor Moon couldn't help but feel optimistic. "I have a really good feeling about this team."

….

Now standing a few feet away he looked him up and down. There was an uncertainty displayed on his face. "So let me get this straight.. you're actually a real turtle who was transformed into this humanoid form we're seeing after coming into contact with some strange ooze?"

"That's right Mr. Yusaku," Donatello confirmed.

A silence ensued. "I have heard and seen some crazy things in my life, but this by far ranks at the top of the list," Yusaku stated.

"You wouldn't be the first to say that," replied Donatello. He was not in the bit surprised by his given response.

"What about that Bat-Mite person?" Yusaku asked. "How familiar are you with him?"

"Being that I just met him today like the majority of everyone else, I know next to nothing about him."

"That stands true for me as well," Gohan jumped in. "Though it does beg the question.. how did Bat-Mite learn about all of us?"

Donatello hadn't really put any thought to that. "You're right, that certainly is a question to enquire."

"I'll be sure to ask our host about that fact the next time we see him," Gohan noted. "I'm sure that is a question everyone would like answered."

"Don't hold your breath kid," spoke a voice none of them had heard before.

Turning around, standing no more than ten feet away was a man in a full body armored suit. Seeing the gear and sword hanging from the newcomers shoulder along with their presented demeanor, this brought uneasiness to Yusaku.

"Who are you?" team black's captain asked.

The man in armor responded. "My name is Slade Wilson, but you can call me Deathstroke."

"Deathstroke huh?" Donatello turned in full to face him. "That's quite the suggestive name. Based from what you're wearing and your code name would I be right to assume that-"

"If you want any hopes of winning in this game you would do right not to assume anything," Deathstroke interjected. "Make sure you are certain before you speak a claim or make a move, this could prove vital in an outcome of defeat as opposed to victory."

"While true, sometimes taking a leap of faith can prove pivotal towards achieving ones goal," argued Gohan.

"Set the blind man across the river," Deathstroke remarked.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Donatello as well as the others watched as Deathstroke turned his back to them as he began walking.

"Where are you going?" Gohan asked.

"My presence is not needed here," the mercenary replied as he continued. "Now, if you would excuse me."

After stepping past a bundle of bushes Deathstroke disappeared off into the distance. This left just the three of them once more. Yusaku breathed a sigh of relief.

"He really seems like a team player," Donatello noted.

"Maybe not now, but we'll give it time." Gohan smiled. "I've met guys like him before, he'll come around."

"You really think so?" Yusaku asked.

Gohan nodded. "You'll see." At that moment he sensed someone he hadn't before, looking up he saw someone falling down. "Guys, look out!"

The three moved out of the way as someone landed with a powering thump, causing the ground to shake. There was now a new face to be found.

"Now that's what you call a SUPER landing!" Standing up from where he landed the newcomer held out a black piece of paper. "Are all of you a part of team black?"

"We certainly are," answered Yusaku.

"Hi there," Donatello greeted. "And your name is..?"

"Franky," he replied. "Franky of the Straw Hat Pirates."

"Well we're glad to have you Franky," Gohan said.

Having the asked confirmed Franky tossed the piece of paper off to the side. "So," Franky said surveying the area. "Where is everyone else? Is this all of us?"

"Well besides Gohan and I, Deathstroke was also sent here to compete on this team. He left just before you arrived." Donatello informed.

"He left?"

"We'll call it a walk in the park," Donatello replied putting it into terms. "I'm sure he'll return soon."

"Given his display of character I could care less if he returns or not," a voice from above spoke.

The four of them turned around before looking up to find a woman in a cape crouched in a tree over them.

"Who the heck are you?" Gohan questioned.

"She looks super suspicious," added Franky who slightly tilted his shades downward.

"How long have you been watching us?" Yusaku asked.

She smirked. "Long enough."

"Wait a minute." Yusaku paused as he looked her over. "You were part of group style along with me."

Dropping down from her position she joined the four of them on ground level. "Yes, my name is Akako Koizumi. Believe it or not, I've read some of your stories Kudo-san."

There was now a sense of pride to be displayed upon his face. "Have you now?"

"Stories?" Gohan questioned.

"He's an author," Akako revealed. She wasted no time in revealing the black piece of paper she had received. "I was sent here after selecting black, obviously."

"So, that means you're with us." Donatello stated the obvious.

Akako looked over at him before then focusing on Franky and Gohan. "Interesting costumes."

"Thanks.. I think?" Gohan replied.

"Well, about that," Donatello began as he searched for words for an explanation. "I'm not actually wearing a-"

His words would be cut off by the whistle of the wind. Everyone looked up to see three more people heading down from the sky. Two of them glided swiftly along while the third twirled down erratically. Moving aside the five of them made room for the three newcomers. Two of them landed with a light touch while the third landed face first. Gohan immediately recognized the person who had crash landed.

"Master Roshi!" Racing over to his side he flipped him onto his back. Checking for a pulse Gohan sighed in relief. "He's fine, just unconscious. Bat-Mite really needs to put in a better effort with these transports."

From the other two who had arrived alongside Roshi It was clear which named dimension they were from based on what they wore.

"You guys are from that moon group right?" asked Gohan.

Of the two, the girl dressed in a red skirt responded. "We are." She looked from right to left, taking everyone into account. "If you don't recall, I am Sailor Mars."

She then turned focus to the younger girl who stood beside her. "And she is Sailor Saturn, we will do our best to bring success to this team."

Even with those spoken words of encouragement, there was a hidden doubt sitting at the forefront of her mind. Not only did she not trust any of these people, she strongly believed there was something larger at play. And in her mind any of them could be secretly involved.

"If it means anything, we're glad to have you," Yusaku said.

The following moment brought the appearance of a dark ball of energy, one that formed in the center of where everyone stood.

"Everyone, get back!" Gohan shouted. Grabbing a hold of Roshi who was still out of commission, Gohan leaped back as everyone else did the same.

The ball of energy began to grow in size, releasing bolts of electrical energy as it did. "What in the world is this thing?!" Donatello exclaimed.

"I'm.. I'm sensing an evil from whatever this is," Sailor Mars mused internally. "Similar to what I felt when we were first brought to this world by Bat-Mite. This can't be good."

The opposite was felt by Akako who seemed thrilled by this feeling of darkness that could be felt.

"Stay alert everyone," Gohan warned as he resolved to getting into a fighting stance. "This could very well be an enemy."

Excited by the possibility Franky too got himself battle ready. "A fight so soon? I guess it can't be helped."

The energy force that started off as a ball in appearance gradually morphed into the shape of what many would consider to be a bird. Igniting a bright flash of light, the dark energy caused everyone to shield their eyes in its wake. Once everyone removed their arms from their faces the ball of energy was gone, in its place stood someone whose appearance was blocked by a hood that hung over their face.

Taking the initiative Yusaku made a move toward them. "Who are you?"

Turning to face him the hood was removed, revealing a young woman. She answered. "Raven."

…..

With his back turned to everyone Brook now stood alone, leaning against a tree with his left arm. His request had been downright rejected, leaving him to mope alone.

Goku rubbed the top of his head as he looked on from a distance away. "You think he's going to be ok?"

"No need to sweat it." Michelangelo seemed sure of this. "He'll come back around eventually."

"You're probably right," Goku said dropping his hand back to his side. He then looked over at Sailor Neptune who had since taken a seat on a large log she had come across. "But why would Brook ask her something like that?"

"Best we pretend this never happened," replied Michelangelo as the sound of something flapping above was heard.

Both he and Goku looked up to see a good sized green colored bird flying around in the general area above.

"Hey look, it's a Hawk!" Michelangelo pointed.

Goku wasn't so sure. "I've never seen a green hawk before." He gave it a seconds thought. "But since we're in a different world I guess normal logic doesn't really apply."

"Hey, Goku," Michelangelo said.

Goku faced him. "What is it Michelangelo?"

"What do you say we go have a look around?" Michelangelo suggested. "I'm really curious about what's on this island."

Goku pumped his fists together. "You can count me in, anything beats waiting around here."

Overhearing the pair Sailor Neptune spoke before the two had the opportunity to leave. "Hold on." Hearing her voice the two looked her way. "Wouldn't it be wise to wait until our team is fully assembled before touring the island? The last thing we want is to get separated, and if you recall Bat-Mite hinted at obstacles that we may face. Obstacles separate from the scheduled challenges against other teams."

"What are you trying to say?" Goku asked.

"That there is no telling what could be out there," Neptune simply put.

Michelangelo gulped. "Yah, let's wait for everyone to arrive. As captain I owe my teammates at least that much."

Coming without warning, a sound which could be compared to someone playing the drums was heard. "What is that?" Neptune questioned.

"You got me," Michelangelo said just as uncertain.

"It's coming from over there," Goku directed to a fleet of bushes stacked by one another a short distance away. They all vibrated with the pounding sound that neared with every passing second. The source of the noise appeared from the depths of the jungle in short time. "It's Majin Buu!"

Pounding on his belly as he walked, Buu stopped after catching eye of them. "Oh look, it's not just the three of us anymore!"

Goku was puzzled by the stated. "Three of us? But aren't you alone?"

Not a moment more a bald man in a three piece suit stepped out past the bushes along with another man who was dressed for what could be described as a formal occasion. "I found them while I was walking, Kogoro and Lexy!" Buu introduced.

"For the tenth time! It is not Lexy," the bald man fired back. "It is simply Lex. Lex Luthor."

"I'd just give it a rest," Kogoro said. "He doesn't seem to care."

At that moment the bird that had been hovering above rocketed down, flying past Lex as it pecked at him. It came back, doing the same before flying off again. "What in the flying hell is this?!" Lex cursed.

Michelangelo couldn't help but laugh. "It's a fly by!"

Kogoro's eyes widened after hearing him speak. "A standing.. talking turtle?"

"Enough." Swinging his arm Lex swatted the bird away with a back hand, sending it crashing to the ground.

"Ouhh, nice shot," the bird complimented.

All attention fell on the bird in that instance. "Did.. did that bird just talk?" Kogoro enquired.

Flapping up from where it had landed it spoke for a second time. "I'm one of a kind," the bird confirmed. "Unless if you count the parrot of course."

Feeling light headed, Kogoro lost balance as he moved forward. "A talking turtle and bird? Marvelous, I must have had one beverage too many last night."

Blacking out he fell forward, landing in Goku's arms who caught him. "Just who are you?" Goku asked focusing back on the bird.

"The boy beast of the Teen Titans I'd imagine," Lex Luther assumed.

"Ding, ding, ding!" the bird chirped. In the snap of a figure he transformed from the bird into his human form. "Don't you dare fear, Beast Boy is HERE!"

"Beast Boy, cool name dude!" Michelangelo squealed. "So is that like your specialty, turning into a bird?"

"You kidding? You're selling it way short. I can transform into far more," Beast Boy informed. "Try the entire animal kingdom known to man."

"WHAT, REALLY?!" both Michelangelo and Goku exclaimed.

"Yo hohoh! That was unexpected," Brook said intrigued.

Beast Boy then turned to face Lex who did the same in return. "Of all people I just had to end up on a team with you."

"You say that now, but I assure you that is not how you will feel in the coming weeks," Lex replied.

Beast Boy laughed. "You guys hear that? He made a joke!"

It was in the mist of this that team pink would be joined by an additional two people who walked out from behind a tree. "Hopefully we haven't missed anything."

Hearing his voice Goku immediately turned to face him. "Trunks!"

"Hey there Goku, good to know we'll be on the same team," Trunks replied.

Goku's eyes then focused to the woman in a black dress who stood next to him. "Who is this with you?"

"My name is Yukiko Kudo," she replied for herself.

"She's from the Dimension Style group," Trunks passed. He then looked to all others within eyes reach. "So, is this everyone?"

"Can't say for sure," Michelangelo replied as he approached. "People have been appearing by the minute. There's no telling how many people will end up on our team when it is all said and done. No matter our numbers, we're going to ball all the way to the top!"

Since the arrival of the third member to join team silver Beerus had since returned to having a seat on the large rock. Raphael on the other hand was spending his time swinging his sai's around with Piccolo watching from a short distance away.

"Careful not to burn yourself out," Piccolo warned.

After taking another vicious swing Raphael stopped. "If you haven't already forgotten the competition doesn't begin until tomorrow."

"I haven't forgotten," Piccolo replied. "But even still, I'd like for everyone to be at one hundred percent when we begin. Limiting our physical output while training will prove beneficial, the last thing we want is to be maxed out when we step out to take on our challengers."

After hearing this Raphael faced him. "You know, you sound like my brother." He then tucked his blades away.

Whether that was good or bad Piccolo decided not to ask, for he didn't care either way.

"Don't mind me," Raphael said before turning for the other side. "I'm going to go on a little walk, I need to walk it off."

He took only a mere two steps before hearing something plow down onto the sand behind. "What was that?" Raphael turned around to find someone lying on the ground face down. "Where did he come from?"

"Hey, Raphael," Beerus called from his position upon the rock. "Who is that?"

"I'm not sure," replied Raphael. "I don't believe I've ever seen this guy before."

There was no denying Beerus's curiosity. Standing back to his feet he hovered over, touching down to the ground just inches of reaching the body. "This person is definitely not someone I have seen before. Furthermore he certainly is lacking in power from what I can sense."

The two stared down at the body for several seconds. "He aint moving, you think he's dead?" Raphael questioned.

"There is only one way to be certain." Using his tail he knocked the person onto their back to where their face could now be viewed. "Hmmm, it appears he is only asleep after all," Beerus concluded.

"I still have no idea who this clown looking guy is," Raphael admitted.

"His name is Buggy," Piccolo informed joining the two. "He is from Dimension Sea. Of everyone who was summoned to compete from their world he was the one who was asleep when introductions were underway."

Raphael responded. "Is that right?"

"I'll take your word for it," Beerus said. "Quite honestly I didn't really pay any mind to anyone while we were at that.. what is it Bat-Mite called that place again?"

"The Bye Bye Bat Base," Piccolo reminded.

"Oh yes, the Bye Bye Bat Base."

"Speaking of Bat-Mite, what do you guys think of his so called champion?" Raphael asked.

"I neither sensed nor saw anything special about him," replied Beerus. "But it would be foolish to write him off as a non-challenge so soon, especially since we have even yet to begin. Perhaps he has some hidden power that can't be sensed nor perceived through the naked eye."

"You're right. No one should be underestimated," Piccolo agreed.

"So, it would seem you're all smarter than I would have thought at first glance," someone of unfamiliarity spoke.

The three of them turned to find a young man in a cape standing with his arms confidently crossed over his chest.

"Who in the shell are you?" Raphael confronted.

Looking him straight in the eyes he responded. "Robin."

"You, you're from Dimension Caped Crusader aren't you?" Beerus realized. "How affiliated are you with the host? If you don't mind me asking."

Robin stared over at God of Destruction. His eyes then reverted to the other two who stood near him. It was clear from appearance that none of them were human. Above all else he did not trust any of them in the least.

When he didn't respond Beerus spoke for a second time. "Perhaps you didn't hear me when I asked the first time, so I'll ask again. How well do you know Bat-Mite?"

After a seconds delay, Robin finally replied. "I've only ever encountered him once prior to today."

"And here I was hoping to hear a tale or two about Mista-Mite," Raphael remarked.

Robin faced him. "Sorry to disappoint."

Beerus's ears flickered as he looked off to the distance.

Piccolo noticed. "What's wrong?"

Sniffing the air Beerus had his thoughts confirmed. "It would seem two more people have arrived."

"You're right, I can sense them."

"They seem to be located on the other side of the island," Beerus noted. "Piccolo, would you do the honor of bringing them here? I would like to know who else will be joining our little get together."

Piccolo nodded. "Yes of course." With that he flew to the sky, vanishing in the blink of an eye.

Robin looked on in surprise, this was unexpected. "So, he can fly."

"Where did he go?!" Raphael questioned. He was just as dazzled by this latest development. "It's like he just disappeared."

"He'll return shortly," assured Beerus who now made a move back to the rock he had once sat upon.

The moment Beerus took a seat Piccolo reappeared. Descending from above Piccolo held a man and a young boy with glasses in opposite arms. After touching down he released the two who fell to their knees. "I brought them just as you asked," Piccolo presented.

Of the two, the man was the first to speak. "What.. what's going on?" There was a confusion to be heard within his voice. "I felt as if I was flying."

Looking up from the ground his eyes fell in line with Beerus. Seeing him for the first time he jumped back in an instant fear. "Who are you, and.. and how did I get here?!"

"I am the God of Destruction, Beerus, and also the one who will win this whole meaningless competition," Beerus conveyed. "Now that you're familiar with me, would you be so kind as to share your name?"

"Ta.. Takagi, Takagi Wataru!" He gulped. "This all has to be a dream." Closing his eyes Wataru placed his hands over his face.

Beerus then looked to the young boy who seemed less frightened, but looked on with just as much uncertainty. "And you, what is your name?"

After a seconds pause the boy responded. "Conan.."

"Well Conan and Wataru," Piccolo spoke from behind. "Welcome to team silver."

Conan's eyes had since fallen to the silver sand. "This place, these people.. no creatures," Conan thought to himself. "None of this can be real.. can it?"

"Our numbers are racking up," Robin mentally noted. "I wonder how many others will appear before our team is complete." After having that thought fall to mind another voice of unfamiliarity spoke from nearby.

"Hello there, mind if we join this little boys club of yours?"

Beerus was the first to catch eye of the newest attendees. Based from what they wore it didn't take much to determine who they were. "You two," Beerus pointed. "You're from that moon dimension, aren't you?"

The woman to have spoken before nodded in confirmation. "I am Sailor Venus." She then looked to the taller woman who stood beside her. "And this is Sailor Uranus."

"Hmmph," Robin huffed after looking the duo over. He saw no impressive attributes. "These two look like they'll really contribute."

Hearing his given remark Sailor Uranus glared. Noticing her look of displeasure almost immediately, Robin responded. "If you have something to say, feel free to voice it."

Beerus couldn't help but take enjoyment to the growing tension. "If you wish to settle your differences, I will not interfere."

"That's not a good idea," Piccolo stated.

In that moment a shadow casted over them from above as a voice of another tuned in. "He's right, if there are any altercations within our own team the two participant's involved could face penalties. Possibly even elimination."

Everyone immediately looked to the sky to find him floating in place.

"Who is this?" wondered Beerus.

His arms sat on his waist as the red cape upon his shoulders blew in sync with the wind that carried over. Beerus looked him up from top to bottom, noticing the yellow 'S' on the chest of this newest participant to arrive.

Robin flicked an eye upon finding who it was. "It's him." He was now feeling much more confident with his team's chance at success. "Superman."

….

There was a growing excitement to be found on Luffy's face. "Come on, you can tell me. I promise I won't tell anyone, it will be our secret."

"Like I've said for the past minute, I don't own a battleship," Sailor Pluto stated.

"But you're a sailor," Luffy protested. "What sailor doesn't own a ship?"

"We're not that kind of sailors," Pluto explained.

"Huh?" There was now a questioning expression to be found on Luffy's face. "What kind of sailor are you?"

She was now becoming irritated with the topic at hand. "Listen," Pluto began only to stop in mid-sentence. She turned her back to him as she looked to the other side.

"Hey, why did you stop?" Luffy asked.

"Shhhhh." Sailor Pluto brought a finger to her lips. "I believe someone is watching us from out there."

"Really?" questioned Luffy who stepped forward. Raising a hand over his eyes he searched the area. "I don't see anyone."

"Keep your voice down," Pluto whispered. "They're probably trying to-"

"HEY! Is someone there?!" Luffy called. "Don't be shy. I am the captain of team gold and also the man who will become king of the pirates one day!"

"Unbelievable," Sailor Pluto thought to herself with the shake of her head.

After calling out for a second time Luffy looked up at her. "No one responded, maybe you were just hearing things."

"Maybe," replied Pluto giving in to the possibility. She was still weary regardless.

At that moment a small cloud of smoke carried their way, brushing right past the two. Luffy instantly recognized its scent, spinning around in anticipation to find him standing just a few feet away. "Sanji!"

Exhaling the cook responded. "Good to see you too."

But he wasn't alone. Standing next to him was a young girl and a man in a white cape and suit. "Hey, who are these people with you?"

"Her name is Haibara, Ai," Sanji introduced dropping an eye to the girl. "And his name is-"

"Kaitou Kid," he responded for himself. "Just as your friend here we too selected gold colored pieces of paper, which of course ultimately decided our landing spot."

"Well, you came to the winning team." Luffy cracked his knuckles in confidence.

"I have no doubt about that." Kaitou Kid couldn't agree anymore.

It was only then that Sanji noticed the woman standing at Luffy's side. Hearts pumped to the forefront of his eyes as he raced over to greet her. "Wooohhh, I'm in the presence of such beauty!" Now positioned on a knee Sanji grabbed hold of Sailor Pluto's right hand.

Sailor Pluto looked down at him in confusion. "Is there something I can help you with?"

"This way! I found the rest of them!" a voice from far above yelled.

"Hey look," Luffy said pointing up. "Someone's coming!"

Everyone looked to the sky to find that someone was indeed descending upon them. Sanji's eyes widened even further as his cigarette fell from his mouth. "Is.. is that an angel?" Feeling as if his heart skipped a beat Sanji fell onto his back as his eyes closed.

Sailor Pluto looked down at him in concern. "Are you ok?"

Luffy laughed. "Don't worry, it happens all the time, he'll be fine."

After a short time of waiting the woman who was seen above finally landed.

"Hey," Luffy immediately addressed. "Who are you?"

"I am Starfire, and also a member of team gold," she replied while holding out a gold piece of paper for him to see.

"Who was that you were talking to just now," Kaitou Kid asked.

"What's that?" questioned Starfire who looked over her shoulder.

"Before you came down you were talking to someone, were you not?"

"Oh yes," Starfire recalled as she faced him. "Three others and I arrived on a different part of this island. We set out to look for anyone else, and I came across you guys."

"Where are they now?" Sailor Pluto asked.

"They should be here any moment," Starfire replied as two people lunged out from behind one of the trees nearby.

Now gathered among them was a man in a predominantly red costume. Standing aside him was a human sized turtle wearing a blue ninja headband around his face, positioned on his right shoulder was a black cat.

"Luna," Sailor Pluto said pleased to see her.

"Sailor Pluto, are you the only one from our world who ended up on this island besides me?" Luna asked.

"It appears that is the case. At least as it stands now." Pluto then focused on the two who arrived with her. "Who are the two with you?"

"I am Leonardo," the turtle greeted bowing his head.

"Hey! You're one of the ninja turtles!" Luffy yipped in excitement. "I met Michelangelo back at the base. He mentioned you."

"I bet he did," Leonardo said not in the least bit surprised.

Luffy then looked to the man in red. "Hey, who are you?"

"The Flash, of simply Flash," the man standing next to Leonardo answered. "You take your pick."

"On your way here did any of you happen see anyone else?" Sailor Pluto asked out of curiosity.

"I kept a good look out," Starfire answered. "I didn't see anyone."

"Nor did I," Flash added.

"Yeaaahh!" Luffy said pumping his fist. "Our team has fully been assembled!"

This however was not the feeling for someone in particular, for a certain android. Still standing with his back leaned to a tree he closed his eyes. "There's still someone out there, while subtle.. I heard their movement a short time ago.. they're close." Android 17 was certain of this. "Question is, why are they hiding? Is there some barring to such a decision? And above all, who is it?"

…..

At the Bye Bye Bat Base

The room that had once been filled a short time ago was now almost completely empty. Bat-Mite dropped both hands to his back as a grin found way to his face. "And now it begins." The moment after speaking those words the sound of someone approaching came to ear. Bat-Mite turned around, surprised to see who it was. "Well if it isn't the one from the world of the sea, just as Monkey D. and his Straw Hat pirates. How may I be of service?"

"I want to know when the rest of us will be included into the game."

"You are one of six secret challengers," Bat-Mite explained. "Five of you will remain here until the first Goodies Gain. Of course the sixth hidden challenger is unknowingly already among them."

"And when will this Goodies Gain happen?"

"Soon," replied Bat-Mite as he turned away. "And when you six are revealed, it will mark the second biggest twist this game!"

To Be Continued