Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Guardiandevil83
No Caption Provided

"It has officially been two months since the arrival of the being whom calls itself Surtur. Two months since his occupation of Europe. With outside assistance from the Avengers, The United Kingdoms own Excalibur has engaged the beast since it's arrival.

Apparently however, their attacks seem to be more an annoyance than a threat" -Victor Von Doom.

Castle Dracula, Transalvania.

Victor watched the carnage unfold on a large monitor positioned stationary on a dismally grey wall. His hands calmly folded across his chest.

Every instinct within that told him to fight held at bay by an impenetrable will. He would join the battle of course; but not now. There was still so much more to learn about the beast. What he had learned though, is what he'd learned from buffoons like Thor and Hercules years prior. And it was that beings born of magic were not nearly as worthy of the gifts of their birth right as many would believe.

For example, Victor could assess that Surtur was a being possessed of unimaginable magical potential, yet like the Thunderer and Lion of Olympus, this fool would rather fight the heroes on their own terms.

He could make fire erupt from the very Earth itself. He could dry out the oceans, lakes, and rivers and dehydrate all organic life on the planet with a mere thought or wave of the hand.

But instead he would rather engage in tiresome melee.

Pathetic.

"Victor! My most trusted and skilled Honor Guard stand at the ready!" Shouted Dracula as he entered his friends workshop with a rough push of a large iron door.

"Interesting. His sword seems to be forged of celestial properties," Mused Victor. Seemingly ignoring the more than one thousand year old vampire lord, and owner of the castle he was now stationed out of. "I can understand his attachment."

No Caption Provided

"Did you not hear me? My men and I are ready for deployment."

"Yes. I heard you. Now send your men back to their crypts to their wives and fledglings." Answered Victor.

"You expect us to stand by idly until the creature decides to take our lands?"

"No, my friend," answered Victor. Turning to face Dracula for the first time. "I expect you to protect your people. All of them. For as long as you can. Surtur is composed almost entirely of fire. And as I recall, the undead have a rather glaring weakness to flame."

Silence hung in the air for several seconds until Dracula spoke once again, "We have to do something. I have no doubt that eventually his reach will extend towards us."

As a warrior and conqueror, Dracula was not one to sit out a fight. Especially one that potentially held the lives of both he and his people.

This Surtur was an enormous threat. In both power and stature; to allow him to roam Europe unchecked was lunacy. The heroes were proving to be ineffective. Perhaps now it was time for the Monsters to take a crack at it. Dracula had seen to it that each man and woman under his personal guard had received the finest schooling possible in the art of combat. Either under his own personal tutelage or under the teaching of others, such as Nobu or the Taskmaster.

He had even gotten the then KGB controlled Bucky Barnes on loan as a tutor once.

Victor nodded, "I agree, eventually he will find his way to Latvaria as well." Victor walked around his massive work station, checking up on multiple experiments all being run at the same time.

No Caption Provided

He wore basic lab attire, complete with white coat. And though he was no longer calling himself 'Dr Doom', Victor's commanding presence could not be ignored.

He'd moved his command center to Transalvania after he chose to leave his seat of power in Latvaria, and the country immediately broke into civil war.

One day he would save them from themselves. But at the moment, he owed his greatness to something grander.

He was going to save all life in the Universe.

It had taken him only fifteen minutes to read through everything he could bring onscreen about Surtur. And as he'd guessed, the sword that Surtur carried; was more than just a weapon. It was known as 'The Twilight Sword' or 'The Sword Twilight' depending on translation. According to legend, once the sword came into contact with a special flame of unknown origin, then would come Ragnorak.

The end of everything.

"Then why haven't you donned the armor of Dr Doom?"

"Because Dr Doom is dead and buried," Victor said. "Now there is only Victor. And Victor has already come up with a solution. Multiple actually, but I'm truly trying my best to be modest."

" Oh, but of course."

"Of course", Victor repeated with a sly smile before returning back to his central computer. A spherical shape taking up the screen. "If you take a look here, this is our planet. Take note that there is a line stripped across it. That line is basically invisible to all detection technology. I could only find it due to my studies of the occult."

"Yes, I can see the line," Dracula replied annoyed. He folded his arms and impatiently asked, "Is that suppose to mean anything?"

No Caption Provided

Victor rolled his eyes. "It is a barrier created by a rather large expulsion spell. I recognize the energies, they're Asgardian. Specifically Loki's."

"A barrier for what exactly?" Asked Dracula, his curiosity now piqued.

"To bar other Gods from the planet. Loki is expending massive amounts of his own energy. Which is why he has yet to make his presence known. His physical form is weak, and his magic is all being used. No personal shielding. Loki has closed our realm to the Gods of our universe. But, I believe that we can pull Gods from outside of our space-time."

After a few seconds of intricate key work Victor brought up a new image. A great battle waged on the streets of Manhattan.

Dracula stepped closer to an image not unfamiliar to him. Onscreen the young, blond, and muscled prince of Asgard was locked in battle with a most legendary foe; the Incredible Hulk.

Rain and lighting owned the sky.

And buildings crumbled with each blow.

"Are you saying this Thor is from a different world?"

"Not just a different world Vlad," Victor said. "But from an entirely different universe."

To Be Continued.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@guardiandevil83: Ooh sounds like a super villain team-up at the highest magnitude. Call me out for the next bit

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Guardiandevil83
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6 TommytheHitman  Online

Very nice. Love the way you're using Doom and like how you're building up to Surtur.

I did notice that once or twice you misses an apostrophe. But other then that everything was fine.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7 TommytheHitman  Online

Question. What does the AU in the title mean?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1068

@tommythehitman: AU = Alternate Universe. (I had to ask someone several months ago) ;)

@guardiandevil83: I like it. Give me a callout for any follow ups too. Pretty nice writing- only three nitpicky things: "buffoon" instead of "baffoon," "Dracula had seen to it," not "...saw to it," and... I could have sworn I saw a "bought" in there that needed to be "brought," but now I don't see it. <sigh>

A little less of a nitpick, and something I catch myself doing at times- be careful of giving your narrator a voice/ personality, unless you intend for the narrator to be a character. Things like saying Dracula became "a hell of a lot more interested," and earlier when the narrator says, "For example Victor could assess..." Those things give the narrator personality and sort of turn the narration into directly addressing the reader. It's just short of saying, "And then, dear reader..."

Saying Dracula became "a hell of a lot more interested" gets the point across, but you could have shown more of his characterization by describing his reaction, and letting the reaction convey that he was more interested. Or describe the body language/ gestures that go with Dracula himself saying, "Now I'm a hell of a lot more interested." ...Although personally that doesn't sound right from Dracula to me. I'd imagine him saying something stiffer like, "Alright, Victor. Now you have my full attention." :)