Superman: Doom (Part One)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

***This is my first time writing Superman so forgive me if some characters seem...odd or out of place.***

The room was empty, save one table. Cobwebs were in every corner, it was filled with dust. It was clear no one had been in the room…until now. General Sam Lane was strapped onto the lone table. A man came from a back room; he was holding a serum in his hands. “Are you ready, Mister Lane?” He asked. “Yes,” Said Lane. “I’ve been through worse.” The man calmly replied “No you haven’t” With that, he strapped him in, administered the serum, and left the room. The General started sweating profusely. He writhed around on the table and howled and yelped with pain, trying to break his restraints. Suddenly, a stunning transformation took place. His skin turned grey, and bones penetrated his flesh to form an exoskeleton. Finally, he broke free of his restraints and stood up. As he spoke, his voice sounded like a crystal being scraped against concrete. “Yes. I have control of this Doomsday monster. I can change at will. Now…to bring about Superman’s doom!
Clark Kent finally arrived at the Daily Planet. “You’re late, Kent,” said his boss, Perry White. “Sorry mister White, I...whoah! He tripped over nothing (A method he had found worked quite well in concealing his identity.) and caught himself on Perry’s jacket. “Watch it, Kent!” Said Perry. “This is a newspaper business, and if you get hurt we won’t be able to cover enough stories! Now get to work!” Clark sat at his desk to meet his wife, Lois. “What’s news, Smallville?” she asked, chuckling a little at her pun. There was no answer. Clark just stared into space. “Uh oh,” Said Lois. “Are Yyou hearing something?” “Trouble.” Clark whispered. “Daily Star is going to be on the scene soon.” Lois leaned closer. “Could I get a lift?”
Kal –El dropped Lois off a dew blocks from the crime scene. “I’ll leave you here, Lois,” He said. “In case it’s a meta.” He flew off into the distance. “Be careful, Smallville.” Whispered Lois.
A raging monster tore up the city like cardboard. Half the block was destroyed when Superman arrived. He saw a humanoid Doomsday. He landed near one officer. “what’s the story?” He asked. “He asked for you, Superman.” Said the officer.” “I’ll do the best I can to help.” With that, Kal-El dove in head first to confront the monster, an attack which was easily blocked. “Just like you, Superman!” Said the monster. “Charging in with no knowledge of your opponent.” The creature started to fight Kal El. “You’re a threat to humanity!” It proclaimed, delivering punch after punch. “You are, and so are all the rest of your kind!” “My kind?!” Shouted Superman, who took the offensive. “We protect you people!” “Yes,” said the monster. “I suppose Zod, Ursa, and Non are our greatest protectors!” Superman let out a gust of wind. “They’re an exception. They are criminals!” “You people need to be kept on a leash!” Shouted the monster.
     “SUPERMAN!” shouted a voice. Lois had arrived on the scene. “Just like you Lois, you’ve never been Daddy’s littler girl.” “General Lane?” Whispered Superman. The monster transformed into the humanoid form a Sam Lane. “You got it.” Superman used the opportunity to regain his offensive attack, but to no avail. “I’ve got friends in high places.” Said Lane. “We salvaged the parts of the machine over the years.” With a snap of his fingers, hundreds of Brainiacs sprang from the ground. One of them spoke: “Surrender yourself to the Government of this country….”

“Or die.”

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By Dracade102

I'm liking the idea of General Lane as the main protagonist against Superman in this... Especially as Doomsday. Nice work. 

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By moviegeek17

Interesting start man, definitely curious to see where it  goes. but definitely don't give up on ultimate batman either!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moviegeek17:

I finished part one of Ultimate Batman last night! (Ultimate Batman #4) Though I was half asleep when I came up with the story. lol. Feel free to check it out! 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To anyone reading this: I have encountered a incurable writer's block for this and will not continue this story. Consider this a warm up for some other Superman story I wil create later...

YOU WIN THIS ROUND, WRITER'S BLOCK!!!