Super Mario fanfiction

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deathbymanga

Hey guys, i'm writing a cartoon series based on the Super Mario franchise where I involve (almost) every tie in game made, from Mario to DK to Wario to Luigi to maybe even Kirby and Metroid.

I was inspired to do this when i ended up thinking too much on my own theory about Mario's origin and I had been a big time lover of the Manga Pokemon Adventures, a similar concept only it made a manga based on all of the Pokemon games from the main franchise.

I have a plot written for every game so far, even the ones that have some semblance of a plot have been re-written (to an extent) to fit in with my plot, but i try to maintain the original laws and physics of the Mario games. I've actually kept a continuous plot going from Donkey Kong (Classic) to Super Mario RPG.

My problem is that a project this big, even if i take my time and work with one game at a time, is pretty taxing, so i was thinking of starting it off as a fanfiction, but i'm not the best literature writer. Writing for comics, for cartoons, for movies, for plays, and for books all require a different style and perspective when writing. What i was wondering is if there was anyone willing to work alongside me in making this project a reality?

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd give you a hand, but I have a ton of commitments and getting really busy lately. You should just write it yourself. Writing isn't all that hard. I, or someone else here could just edit whatever you write up

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deathbymanga

@awesam: while writing isn't that hard for me, i have a problem for when it comes to writing. unless i have someone riding on my back to get a new chapter out, i never get around to really finishing any of my works. and like i said, writing LITERATURE isn't the same as writing a cartoon or a comic. there is a different perspective. and i have a very cinematic perspective.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathbymanga: Writing in all forms is still literature. Perhaps you should write it the way you want, then let someone write off of your story. Also, if you're too lazy to do it yourself, then you shouldn't be doing it at all. You can't force yourself to write.

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: actually, i may not be able to force myself to write, but i do need someone to motivate me or else it won't come along nice. this is why a lot of authors have editors. editors help motivate people.

this is what often leads me to not finishing any of my works, not lake of material or inspiration, but lack of motivation, which i get from other people riding my rump about finishing things

and by literature, i mean writing meant for reading alone. I write with the intention of my work being VIEWED. like a comic book or a cartoon or a movie

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: one, i'm not good at drawing people

two, this is meant to be a cartoon series

three, I do plan to make it myself when i get the proper equipment

four, the fanfiction thing is mostly to help organize my ideas and get other people to help with the writing.

five, i CAN write fanfiction like normal people, but like i said, i need external motivation

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

four, the fanfiction thing is mostly to help organize my ideas and get other people to help with the writing.

five, i CAN write fanfiction like normal people, but like i said, i need external motivation

Point is to motivate yourself.

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deathbymanga

point is that don't have that kind of motivation myself

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AweSam
@deathbymanga said:

point is that don't have that kind of motivation myself

Then... good luck.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

@awesam said:
@deathbymanga said:

While this is true, if that was the case nobody would submit work on this forum. Other people are the biggest motivation.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Wrong. He can't motivate himself enough to actually write something. People here can motivate themselves enough to finish their work so that they can share it.

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deathbymanga
@pyrogram said:

@awesam said:
@deathbymanga said:

While this is true, if that was the case nobody would submit work on this forum. Other people are the biggest motivation.

While that is true, my motivation needs to be more than a desire to not disappoint my readers. i need something more like an actual editor giving me due dates

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

@pyrogram: Wrong. He can't motivate himself enough to actually write something. People here can motivate themselves enough to finish their work so that they can share it.

Then he is not helping himself.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathbymanga: No, you want someone ordering you to do it every minute because you're too lazy and have no desire to.

@pyrogram said:

@awesam said:

Yes, that's what I was saying...

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

@deathbymanga:

No, you want someone ordering you to do it every minute because you're too lazy and have no desire to.

That's rude bro.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AweSam
@pyrogram said:

@awesam said:

@deathbymanga:

No, you want someone ordering you to do it every minute because you're too lazy and have no desire to.

That's rude bro.

It's the truth. I'm not going to sugar-coat it.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: Sometimes its best to not speak at all :) This is an exemplar.

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

@deathbymanga:

@pyrogram said:

@awesam said:

Yes, that's what I was saying...

yes i am lazy. why? because i have no passion. i'm sure there are a bunch of people out there that go around making thousands of stories. but you know what? i don't care if other people are so capable of writing chapter after chapter. i can't write like most people do. so don't compare me to other people.

I can think up amazing plots that everyone likes, but i can't write them out because i don't have the passion. Passion is something that exists in some. but even if passion can exist, i at least no i have skill, unlike a LOT of these so called passionate people who are always posting their work

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AweSam

@deathbymanga: Almost everyone here is capable of coming up with good plots. Problem is writing it down. If you can't write, then your ideas are of no use.

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: every idea has use, but why do you think I put down this request here? If I was capable of writing a story with proper motivation then don't you think i would be posting Chapter 1, not chapter help me?

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: every idea has use, but why do you think I put down this request here? If I was capable of writing a story with proper motivation then don't you think i would be posting Chapter 1, not chapter help me?

You won't get anywhere asking for help everywhere you go. There are somethings you have to do yourself. I'm done here. If you have an idea, send me a pitch and I'll see if I can help you out.

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: every single person seems to forget that no comic book, cartoon, or movie was written by only one person by the end. Sure a script was initially made by one person, but in the end many people have touched it and worked with it, entire teams have been made specifically for writing, ONLY books are written by one man/woman only.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AweSam

@awesam: every single person seems to forget that no comic book, cartoon, or movie was written by only one person by the end. Sure a script was initially made by one person, but in the end many people have touched it and worked with it, entire teams have been made specifically for writing, ONLY books are written by one man/woman only.

Yes, but people require money to work. Again, I'll help you with what I can, if you want.