Strange New Marvel #1

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

“What about Scotty?” Bobby Drake spluttered as he pulled his lips off Jean Grey’s. “Like didn’t you, and he, well, you know…”

Jean smiled as she ran her hand down Bobby’s cheek causing him to blush and change into his icy form. “You make me laugh.”

__

Madelaine Grey-Drake rolled her eyes at her father as he recalled the story of he and his wife met. “Could you stop?”

The hero formerly known as Iceman, now just Professor Robert Drake of the David Charles Haller Academy, smiled and pushed his glasses up. “And miss the opportunity to embarrass you, my darling daughter, in front of your friends. Not a chance.”

“MOM!”

Jean Grey wrinkled her nose, giving her husband of nearly twenty years a telekinetic slap to the forehead. “He’s just teasing you sweetheart. Where are you three going tonight?”

MJ Rogers, the oldest son of Captain America and Sersi, flashed his winning smile and turned on his core to make all his muscles flex. “Just into Yorkie, Mrs G. Nothing special.”

-I’m a psychic Marathon Joseph Rogers, whose favourite colour is purple and really hates doing the squat sessions his dad makes him do every single day whilst going on and on about a war you don’t know nor care about- Jean spoke right into the young Eternal super soldiers mind. –So try again-

MJ gasped in a combination of shock and embarrassment. “Well, um, well, um…”

“Idiot!” Madelaine hissed to her friend before smiling at her parents.

“Oh don’t try those doe eyes on us, young lady!” Professor Drake scoffed. “Didn’t work when you were four, won’t work when you’re sixteen. Besides, your mother is the world’s best telepath.”

“Allow me to clarify mon am…” Chance LeBeau, the daughter of Gambit and The Scarlet Witch, stopped as Jean Grey stared at her intently. “Oh you weren’t asking moi? You’re on your own Maddy.”

-“We’re waiting,”- Jean said to her daughter both verbally and telepathically as Professor Drake stood beside his wife.

“Knew I should’ve done this solo,” Madelaine muttered. “We were going to the Hellfire to hear Mercury speak, okay.”

Jean and Robert looked at each other. Mercury Maximoff was potential trouble. His mother was Luna Maximoff, daughter of Quicksilver, granddaughter of Magneto. His father was L’yanth; the half Atlantean-half Skrull son of Namor and Lyja the Lazerfist. Heir presumptive to the thrones of Atlantis, Attilan and the Skrull homeworld; and he spewed charismatic rhetoric about the gene-jokes and taking it back from the sheep. He sounded like every racist would-be conquerer.

-What do you think?- Jean asked in telepathic conference.

-It’d be like if we ducked off to hear what Apocalypse had to say instead of kicking his big blue b…-

-I can hear you guys!- Madelaine growled before switching to speaking. “He’s not Apocalypse by the way.”

“What did your parents say about this MJ?” Jean probed. “And your father Chance?”

“Papa is too busy drinking himself stupid to care,” Chance replied snarkily. “Ever since, well, you know. Anyways, Mercury is famille.”

“He’s the son of your cousin Luna, right?” Robert asked.

“Très bon Mr Grey!”

Jean smiled. “You can go.”

“Alright!” Marathon punched the air.

“But…”

Madelaine groaned. “What?”

“Shuffle goes with you.”

“MOM!”

“Don’t mom me!” Jean retorted. “Shuffle is a teleporter and an assistant here at the academy.”

“You may as well come along yourselves!” Madelaine moaned.

“That’s not a bad idea,” Robert half joked as he picked up his phone. “I’ll call Kitty too, she could…”

“NO!” Madelaine yelled remembering all the times she and Ms Pryde clashed in the class room. “You guys are impossible!”

-Watch your tone Madelaine Beatrice Grey-Drake!- Jean barked directly into her daughter’s brain. –Shuffle goes, or none of you go. Your choice.-

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1068

#2  Edited By cbishop

@batkevin74: Nice! A Marvel next generation. Love the names.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Strange indeed, not quite sure what to make of this but it is interesting indeed

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Stumbled onto this while stalking @impurestcheese's profile and glad I did. I love the unusual pairings, especially.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1068

@cbishop: @impurestcheese: Something new-ish, it's Next Gen stuff so not all that groundbreaking

If Marvel and DC have proven anything to us, it's that readers don't necessarily want "groundbreaking." ;)

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers