Steampunk Stardust, Part 3

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop

RANKED 2nd BY VOTERS IN CHARACTER CREATION CONTEST #58!

DateSteampunk StardustViewRead the...
03/29/17Part 3(Blog) (Forum)Disclaimer
RatingRating explanationLast Issue:
T+Slavery. Witch on girl violence. Man on yeti violence.Part 2

"You'll need these," she said handing the papers to Will. "Proof of ownership of the yeti."

"Does 'the yeti' have a name?" asked Will.

"Who knows?" she balked. Slapping Edward in the chest, she snapped, "Get back in the wagon already!"

Edward looked at Will and nodded once...
Edward looked at Will and nodded once...

Edward looked at Will and nodded once before turning away sadly, and shuffling back to the wagon.

"Perhaps we could find out," Will said. "May I show you something with the ring?" he asked with his hand out.

The old woman smacked his hand away, and said, "You may not! Do you really think I'd give you the yeti, and then give you the ring back too?"

"Madame Semele! You wound me," Will said seriously. "I would not cheat our bargain." Holding up one finger, he said, "Will you hold out your fist then, and allow me to touch the ring?"

Semele squinted at him suspiciously, but held out her tightly closed fist. Will touched the outstretched finger to the ring, and asked the young yeti, "What is your name, child?"

The yeti became very excited to hear Will's words as a series of growls, barks, and purrs. It growled back excitedly, and the ring translated it to, "Migo! My name is Migo! You can understand me?!"

"I can for now, but when I stop touching the ring, I won't be able to anymore. So, let me ask you- can you lead me across the Ice Shelf? Help me catch up to Herr Trigger and the yeti he took with him?"

"Mirka! He took Mirka! Yes, I can help you find them!" he said excitedly.

"Okay then. Do that, and know that I will treat you well," answered Will.

"Will you help me find my family?" asked Migo.

Dunn smiled softly. "I think that can be arranged, Migo," and he took his finger off of the power ring. Then he ruffled the fur on the yeti's head with his human hand.

"You can really help Migo find his family?" Una asked with joy.

"Shut up, girl!" Semele spat, and she reared back her spiky attachment to backhand the girl with it.

Will caught it in his metal hand instead. "I don't think that's necessary, Madame Semele." She glowered menacingly, but he didn't notice, as he was looking at the attachment covering her hand. Reaching in his pocket for a gold coin, he held it up to the woman and said, "Tell me about this attachment of yours. Its stone glows like the one attached to my heart, and I've only seen one similar to this. It belonged to the leader of the Thunderians."

"Pft!" balked Semele. "The Thunderians? That pitiful Claw Shield could not hope to compare to the Witchblade!" She laughed haughtily as she jerked the gauntlet out of Will's grip. "Take those wings too! Make that shyster give over something of real value, or forfeit his yeti. You can bring either back when you bring me the battery for the ring." She turned her back and stalked to her wagon, waving dismissively over her shoulder. As the door was swinging shut behind her, she called out, "Una, you slattern! Close the table! We're done for the day!"

Una pressed the Luftwaffe pin into Will's hand, and quietly said, "Thank you for helping Migo!"

Will glanced at her chain, and said, "I only wish I could help you as well."

"My help is coming from elsewhere," she said simply. "Barring that, Semele has willingly given in to the evil within the Witchblade. It will kill her eventually, and I will be free then." She said it with no malice, only the patience one has for absolute, inescapable truths.

Will smiled at her, then held out his hand. "Come, Migo." The young yeti took his hand, and they walked away.

Una watched them for only a few moments before attending to closing her table.

Later

As they approached the mountain, Migo became very excited.

"You recognize this place, Migo?" asked Will, his telescopic eye focusing up the mountain’s slope.

Migo growled happily, and practically skipped next to William.

He laughed and said, "Well? Lead on then!"

Migo bounded off on all fours, outpacing Dunn a bit, but not getting out of his sight. Will ran behind until they got far enough up the mountain path to be on snowy terrain. He slogged through shin deep snow not very long at all before he found himself surrounded by adult yeti. They looked at each other for long moments before Will said, "I don't know if you can understand me without my ring, but I know where Mirka is too."

"Mirka is with us," said a tall male yeti. Will was clearly dumbfounded that he understood what was said. "We can speak your language. We just prefer not to."

Will gave a brief chuckle. "Shrewd, Kang Admi. I'm glad to hear Mirka is back with you as well, but what of the man that was with him?"

"He is likely no more as he tried to make it over the Ice Shelf without Mirka. He hurt some of my clan with this," he said, holding out a Luger to Will.

Will took the gun from him, and put it in his pocket. "I'm sorry to hear that. Will they be okay?"

"Not all of them," Kang said. "He also had this," he added, handing Will a folded paper.

Dunn opened it, and saw that it was a map. "Oh, brilliant!" he said. "This will help me immensely. But I will still need a guide to get me over the Ice Shelf. Is that possible?"

"Not until my injured are healed," he said. "Men should not be here until they are. You should go back now. I will take you down the mountain until we reach the end of the trees."

Seeing that it was not a request, and that there would be no arguing with Kang, Will simply said, "Alright then. I'm ready." Kang growled something to the other yeti, and they all shuffled silently back into the trees. Will noticed that their long fur dragged behind them, wiping the snow clean of footprints. Then he and Kang turned to go.

They walked quietly for a few minutes. Kang finally broke the silence with, "William Dunn."

"Yes?" asked Will.

"Thank you," said the yeti leader. Will said nothing. "For returning my children. Thank you. The yeti will forever be your friend."

Then he'd take the power battery to Semele.
Then he'd take the power battery to Semele.

"My pleasure, Kang Admi," Will said. "What's being done to your clan is wrong. I'll help whenever I can. You should know that the dealer I spoke with claimed that a ‘Yeti Council’ authorized the sale of yeti as slaves."

Kang stopped and looked at the man for a long minute. Then he nodded. They continued on in silence down the mountain. At the tree line, Will and Kang made their goodbyes, the huge yeti disappearing back into the forest, and Will turning to continue down the mountain.

He wouldn’t be able to do anything about looking for Herr Trigger- dead or alive- until the wounded yeti were healed. He figured he may as well head to Wall. A new pipe, a good night’s rest, and a good morning meal would do him well. Then he’d take the power battery to Semele. She may be a slaving witch, he thought, but a deal must be honored.

Please let me know what you think, and thanks! -cbOriginally Presented In: CCC #58.

Story, original characters and content are owned by Chris Bishop. Copyright Chris Bishop 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By cbishop

Notes on Steampunk Stardust

OC Names:
Characters
  • Dunn, William
  • Kang Admi
  • Migo
  • Mirka
  • Trigger, Herr (Auslöser)
Concepts
  • Proof of ownership of the Yeti
  • Yeti authorized dealer
Locations
  • Ice Shelf, The
Objects
  • Herr Trigger's Luftwaffe pin
  • Herr Trigger's Luger
  • Herr Trigger's Map
  • William Dunn's attachments
  • William Dunn's pipe
Teams
  • Yeti Council
Unnamed
  • unnamed glowing, crimson stone in William Dunn's heart
Comic Characters used in this fic:
DC:
Company:Objects:
DC:
  • Green Power Battery
  • Green Power Ring
Image:
  • Witchblade
Licensed:
Characters:
  • Edward (Scissorhands)
Objects:
  • Claw Shield
Teams:
  • Thundercats (Thunderians)
Neil Gaiman (Stardust):
Characters:
  • Madame Semele
  • Una
Locations:
  • Wall
Objects:
  • Madame Semele's Gypsy wagon
  • Madame Semele's silver chain
Public Domain:
Teams:
  • Yeti
Picture Credits:
PictureCredit
  • Edward looked at Will and nodded once...
  • "Tell me about this attachment of yours."
  • "...Claw Shield could not hope to compare to the Witchblade!"
  • Then he'd take the power battery to Semele.
Found in CV wiki.

Steampunk Stardust logo

found a "Steampunk" logo via GIS, and a logo for the BBC version of Neil Gaiman's "Stardust," and slapped them together in MS Paint. Resizing and recoloring was involved.
.Fic-O-Pedia: cbishop. (My library of fics)Fic #178

Thanks for stopping in! :^D

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cbishop
Part 3
Part 3

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Bump for reading after flight

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@cbishop: Oh my goddess, the Witch Blade, I love that TV show (not to mention the comics). Such a beautiful surprise, thank you :-)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers