Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By stealth

-Mature Content-

Outside the city Amerith:

A large house at the edge of a lake stood silently as the moon hung high in the night sky. Moonbeams dancing on top the waves as the wind flowed across the lake. A long dock stretched out from the side deck of the house. The house was silent with no lights to show that anyone was there, but a lone car in the driveway gave evidence that someone was inside.

From the stillness of the darkened water a hand reached up and grabbed hold of the side of the dock, a shadow surfacing gave a short breath of air and began to lift itself up from the dark water. The shadow quickly pulling off the goggles, as it ran on top the dock towards the house.

It stalked up the stairs onto the deck, being watchful to any sign of movement from the dark windows. Not wanting to raise unwanted attention from who ever was inside. The silent figure moved toward the alarm system on the wall, but noticed that the alarm was not set.

“This is going to be easy” the figure whispered to itself.

Looking around to find a simple way into the house, the figure sees a window half open.

“Perfect” said the shadow with a smile.

Jumping onto the railing of the deck, then pulling itself onto the second story .The figure climbs its way to the window on the roofing of the second floor. Easily sliding through the opening the figure stands in a small room. A desk, computer and file cabinets could be seen in the dim light.

Walking over to the door and gently turning the knob, the figure open the door leading out into a hallway. From the door the shadow can see two other rooms with there doors open. No one is in either one as the stranger makes it’s way down the hall. As the end of the hallway appears the figure spots the stairs that lead up to the third floor, and a second set that lead downstairs. The shadow stalks it’s way down the stairs against the wall, being careful not to disturb the paintings that hung there.

As the stranger neared the end of the stairs, it can see a man’s hand hanging from the edge of a recliner in a room a few feet away. The figure moving it’s way towards the man, looked around to see if there was anyone else to witness what it was about to do. The shadow neared the back of chair; she could see the man was asleep. His drink still in his hand, still half full, that rested on his lap.

The figure moving its hand to its back to unhinge the scythe, strapped to its back. Pulling the short scythe from it’s holster, the shadow moved closer to the man.

“Mr. Kenneth,” the shadow whispered in his ear as it put the blade to his throat “it’s time for you to leave.”

As the stranger finished speaking, it pulled quickly on the scythe. The man’s eyes opened for a moment as the pain from his throat woke him. But soon his eyes lost life, as did the rest of his body. He sat limp in his chair staring at nothing. The blood from the man’s throat began to soak the front of his shirt and began to drip onto the floor.

The shadow taking the man’s glass smiled down at the now dead man, “Thanks for the drink” quickly drank the remainder of it, and walked away from the corpse, dropping the glass as it walked away.

driving into the city:

The figure had already changed the wet clothes from that night, and was headed toward the house of her client. As the building came into view the stranger slowed down and pulled to the side a block away. The figure opened the car door, but only to be interrupted by someone on the corner.

“It’s about time, Katherine” said the man from the shadows. “What took you so long? You break a nail?”

“Luke, if you don’t want me to hit you through that wall your leaning against, I suggest you shut up.” Said Katherine, as she closed the door to the car. “Besides, I’m right on time.”

“No your not.”

“Yes I am. My time anyways. No one else’s matters to me.”

“Not even your client?”

“Well, if he pays good enough.” Katherine said as she smiled and walked down the street towards the building.
Post Edited:2008-05-15 03:46:54