batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

95 BBY, Coruscant

“I don’t want to be a Jedi?”

Tera Sinube looked at the brown haired little boy before him, who was very rightly scared. The Cosian crouched down to his eye level.

“I want to go home!”

Tera placed a hand on the boys shoulder. “This is your home now, Dooku.”

“NO!“

Tera empathised with the child. His father had cast him aside into the wilderness after Dooku had shown Force talent. His mother had contacted the Jedi council and a seeker had literally rescued Dooku from being eaten by spine-wolves. The child was understandably traumatised and now far, far away in another galaxy with a bunch of strangers.

“Dooku,” Tera pondered his words. “Today you have a choice. You can, from this moment on learns the ways of the Force and follow the path of the Jedi to put your talents to the best possible use. Or we can put you on a shuttle back to Serreno and leave you to the fate your father had in store for you; which is at best exile, at worst you are torn apart by wild beasts. And yes, I understand this is a hard choice for a seven year old...”

Dooku flung his arms around the Jedi Master. “I don’t want to die!”

Tera hugged the boy briefly before peeling him off and holding him at arms length. “Dooku, you will serve as my padawan. That means apprentice. I will teach you all I know of the Force and the Jedi. I will protect you and train you.”

The slightly confused boy looked into the big eyes of the Cosian and took a deep breath to gain composure. “Yes.”

Tera stood up. “Let me introduce to some of the other masters.”

92 BBY, Coruscant

Dooku lifted his left hand up as he tapped into the Force. Six blocks of Tattooine sandstone rose into the air. Like conducting an orchestra, Dooku gestured and made the blocks align into a tower before gently setting them down. But as they came to rest the bottom block collapsed under the weight and it tumbled. A small green talon waved the blocks to a standstill and set them down.

“Good you are.” Yoda commented. “Better you can be.”

“How was I to know that it was going to fall over?” Dooku protested to the Jedi Master.

“Angry you are. Careful you must be.”

Dooku clenched his fists in frustration. “Yes...Master.”

“Training will continue. To Tera Sinube you will return. More to learn. More to learn.”

“Something wrong?” Tera asked as he served up a plate of boiled Chasuka.

“Master Yoda...” Dooku grunted.

Tera smiled. “What happened?”

“He told me to be careful.”

“Is that a problem?”

“No...” Dooku exhaled. “How was I to know bottom block would crumble?”

“You’re upset th...”

“How was I supposed to know!?” Dooku yelled as he smacked the food off the table. Tera threw a hand out and caught the wayward meal with the Force, slowly putting back onto the table.

“The Jedi don’t know everything, but are expected to be prepared for when things change, Dooku. To show sound judgement .”

“Then why can’t Master Yoda just SAY that? It’s all riddles and cryptic speak.”

“Master Yoda can be a little...trying,” Tera consoled his young padawan. “But he is very skilled, very wise, he has forgotten more about the Force than I will ever know. He is someone we can ALL learn a lot from.”

“Yes Master.”

“Let us eat.”

To be continued...

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for ozzy_manueldiaz
Ozzy_ManuelDiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@batkevin74:

I liked it too. Time skip with some force knowledge after his hesitation of being a Jedi.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Just noticed some typos and eras. I'll list them here:

who was rightly scared - I removed the very portion as it seemed to flow a little weird.

“Let me introduce you to some of the other masters.” - The line above was missing a 'you'.

Six blocks of Tatooine sandstone rose into the air - Tatooine only has two Ts. :)

Good start. You've chosen an interesting character to develop and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverspidey: Thanks :) :)

@ozzy_manueldiaz: Everyone says they'll be a Jedi but you literally are sent across the galaxy to a group of strangers who often look like monsters to wave your hands about, and they're pretty cold on the feelings front as it could lead to something, which leads to something :)

@tommythehitman:Thanks and thanks for the edits, will fix tonight

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@batkevin74: I always enjoy it when someone calls Yoda out even if its in a positive way, nice work!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By batkevin74

Oh wow I'd totally forgotten about this!