STAR WARS - THE CAMPAIGN II: A WAR OF EMPIRES (A MARVEL STORY) CHAP III 'THE GREAT FALL' VII - WAR HAS COME

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By silverspidey

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE KREE HAVE ALLIED WITH THE SKRULLS!”

No Caption Provided

GALACTIC COUNCIL - EMERGENCY MEETING - SPARTAX SPACE

No Caption Provided

"ANY TREATY BETWEEN TWO MAJOR GALACTIC POWERS SHOULD HAVE INFORMED OUR COUNCIL FIRST!" yells J'Son.

No Caption Provided

Standing in view of the hologram, Glah-Ree folds his arms, “Was I not clear Emperor J’Son?!” he exclaims.

“Both the Kree and Skrulls have formed a treaty. Both Kingdoms have agreed that after the destruction of Earth and the Badoon Empire and Knowhere, Sith remain an unprecedented threat to the balance of our current political landscape; they are to be put down.”

“I am the Chairman of the Galactic COUNCIL!" J'Son barks, "This should have been put to us before…”

“ENOUGH!”

J’son’s eyes open wide at the young ruler replacing Captain Glory's image.

“And who are you supposed to be?!” scoffs J'Son.

No Caption Provided

“I AM Dorek the VIII. Emperor of Skrull Empire.” Hulkling declares, “RIGHTFUL HEIR to the throne of the Skrull Empire. LEADER of the Kree-Skrull Coalition. And I will not bend my knee to Sith, or some over-inflated windbag who cannot see the larger picture!”

STAR WARS - THE CAMPAIGN II: A WAR OF EMPIRES

CHAPTER 3 - FALL OF THE KREE EMPIRE

PART VII - War Has Come

No Caption Provided

J’Son shakes his head, “What happened to Super-Skrull Kl’rt?!”

“He defected to the Sith.” answers Hulkling and points his finger, “Whom of which I am non too sure has sought an alliance with Spartax!”

J’Son folds his arms, “Spartax's dealings with the Sith has nothing to do with this Galactic Committee! It is a neutral zone. That said, the Sith Empire has shown no threat to…”

“OPEN YOUR EYES J’SON!” Hulking exclaims, rising to his feet, “THEY ARE ALREADY IN A WAR IN THEIR OWN SECTOR! REBELS FROM THEIR SPACE HAVE COME TO OURS WITH WARNINGS!”

J’Son face sours to almost a snarl, “They are dirt farming discontents who seek our…”

“NO…” Hulkling interrupts, “...those discontents you speak, sought refuge under the Rebel Alliance. They are one of the MILLIONS who survived the swath of the Sith. They destroyed Earth, destroyed the Badoon Empire, burned Knowhere, and currently are in possession of an Asgardian weapon."

J'Son grinds his teeth, "Asgardians have made no indications that..."

"Asgardians do not give indications J'Son..." Hulkling interrupts, "...generally any indications results in entire planets burning!"

Unable to disagree, J'Son opens his mouth to speak but Hulkling continues.

"At that, Tanalth along with some of your distinguished members were sent to Malachor IV to talk terms with the Sith..." Hulkling reveals, "...Only Tanalth survived." he says, "In retaliation, we sent Ronan, along with NorVarr to Malachor IV in retaliation - Ronan is dead. Nor-Varr is missing. The Sith, have come to Kree Space. This conversation is now pointless. Battle lines are drawn. War is here.”

Pointing at the hologram, J’Son warns him, “Young Emperor, I am aware of your valiant fight and your purpose, but there must be a better way. Tell me what your plans are. Tell me what you plan to do so we can sort this...”

Hitting the holographic key, Hulkling ends the transmission.

Talalth - Kree Accuser
Talalth - Kree Accuser

“J'Son is a soft male.” Tanulth comments, “He cares nothing of the Sith threat, only lining his own pockets behind the surest winner.”

Veranke - Former Queen of the Skrulls
Veranke - Former Queen of the Skrulls

“Agreed.” comments Veranke, speaking of money, “We should assume his involvement with the Sith. Our downfall, with the Badoon now fallen, would allow Spartax to rise as a significant force."

"Respectfully..."

Standing up from his throne, Hulkling looks to Leia Organa who stands before him, Tanalth and Veranke, "...Darth Sidious may have his hands in many places, but you are about to go to war Emperor, one fight at a time."

Hulkling clenches his jaw at the statement, “We will be finished with this war in a day. Our Forces will outnumber them three to One.”

Leia steps forward, “It's not the size of the army that matters. Darth Sidious is a Sith Lord - War, is his calm. That isn't something you face every day. Do no underestimate him.”

Tanalth grips the base of her hammer and looks out to the stars, “Do not underestimate us outsider." she confidently exclaims, "Accusers, do not lose."

“MAJESTOR! INCOMING VESSELS!”

No Caption Provided

Turning his attention to the ray shield, Hulkling furrows his brow at the arriving ships.

No Caption Provided

Hulkling's eyes open wide as saucers. Veranke takes a step back, baffled at the armada.

“By the gods…” Veranke gasps, “...their ships are...immense.”

“That is a full Armada Emperor…” Leia states, “...Sidious doesn't just want you dead, he wants your planet destroyed. Whatever you have up your sleeve, use it.”

Hulkling grinds his teeth, “I intend to…” he says, turning to one of the Kree control-man, “...Unleash the first wave!” he commands before turning to Leia, “Thank you General, you have fulfilled your side and earned a friend, but this is where we part.” he says, snapping his fingers to Tanalth, “The war, in the end, will define if we are to be allies.”

A smirk comes across Leia’s face, “I can accept that, I’ll be on my way.”

“Tanalth….” Hulking calls, "Ensure General Leia’s ship escapes the fighting…” he orders, “...then, ready the Accusers, you all have the judgment to render.”

“Yes My Liege,” she says, unable to hide the smirk coming across her blue face. With a tap on her gauntlet, Tanulth’s entire body glows and vanishes into sparks.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

"WE HAVE REACHED HALA!"

“Weapons are locked on us.”

“Skrull Forces are coming to our right flank.”

“Kree Forces are coming around to our left.”

“The Planet is erecting a shield, I am unsure if we can penetrate.”

“What kind of weapons are these?!”

“Can we get an estimated count of their forces out there?!”

Standing the slick black command walkway, Dr. Doom stares out the viewport, watching the incoming Kree and Skrull Ships. The chattering voices of the Officers around him were both informative and annoying.

It was easy to see, they were outnumbered the Kree three to one.

Their Skrull ships were small but powerful.

The Kree Ships were powerful but slower.

Either way, their TIE fighters we’re not a match. They only had numbers,

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

“Deploy all Tie Fighter groups One, Two, and Three.” commands Dr. Doom, “I want young lieutenant Phasma leading the strike force.”

No Caption Provided

His arms folded, Doom’s eyes narrow at the sight of them. Hundreds, perhaps thousands of ships coming his way. Standing still, Doom could feel it. The symmetry between them all. Coordination unspoken between all the ships, the pilots, The Empire’s forces, even himself.

Was this, The Force?

Glancing down to his metal hand, Dr. Doom closes his eyes as seemingly hundreds of thoughts and scenarios flood his mind all at once and settle to simple procedures.

“Uh, Da-Doom...SIR.”

Snapping his eyes open, Doom turns his head to the sunken data pit.

No Caption Provided

“Just Doom.” he corrects, “What is it Corporal?”

“The Emperor would like an update as soon as…”

“Bother me again with another ‘message’ from the Emperor…” Doom growls, “...and I will make Vader’s treatment will seem as a Kindness when I am through with you.” he threatens.

Returning his attention to the viewport, Dooms eyes narrow at the sight of eight figures in organized formation, flying through space between the Kree and Skrull forces.

“Finally…Accusers.” Doom sighs in relief. Tapping his wrist gauntlet, Doom hears the comms adjust and connect.”

“Void...make a path to Hala surface…” Doom orders, “...my ship will follow behind with Arkea Bacterium to take Hala and Supreme Intelligence.”

~*~*~**~~*~

HALA

No Caption Provided

It was inescapable. The screams. The citywide alarms. The crying. The roaring of TIE fighters over the city. Like a horrible nightmare almost forgotten now brought to the surface of your mind and into reality.

No Caption Provided

Staring up at the sky with tears in her eyes, Carol Danvers gasps and drops her plate of food on the terrace.

“No.” she gasps, “This can’t be happening, not again.”

“Sister.”

No Caption Provided

"Sister?" calls a voice.

“Yes Lauri-Ell.” replies Carol Danvers, slowly wrapping herself in her arms for comfort.

Walking outside to the terrace, Lauri-Ell furrows her brow at the amber colored sky, filled with swift moving foreign ships.

“Are these are of invaders that came for your homeworld?" she asks, lowering her gaze to Carol.

Carol eyes remain fixed to sky, as if mesmerized and hypnotized all at once.

Gently, Carol's half-sister places a hand on her shoulder. Startled, Carol jolts, clasping her hand before turning to Lauri.

Sporting a jagged but healed scar over her left eye, Carol gulps, lowering her head into her head, "I-I'm sorry, what did you ask?"

"Are these the ones that destroyed your homeworld?" Lauri askss, "And left you near dead?”

Shaking her head, Carol lets out a heavy sigh.

“They didn’t leave me near dead…” Carol bitterly, raising her eyes back to the ships overhead, “...the Earth exploding around me did.”

Hearing a ‘Deet-deet’, from her wrist gauntlet, Lauri-Ell taps it.

Suddenly a full holograph appears under a top-secret transmission.

No Caption Provided

Lauri turns to Carol, “Your wounds, it has been two Earth years, no? Have they healed enough for battle?”

Tightening a fist, Carol closes her eyes and winces at the sound of the roaring TIE fighters passing overhead. Lifting her angry eyes to the amber sky, Carol furrows her brow.

"I don’t think I care.”

To be continued...

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 230

@silverspidey: Is this The Great Fall, or Fall of the Kree Empire? Also, where is part VI? I'm missing that. :}

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By silverspidey

@ficopedia:

Thank you very much for pointing that out. I had to correct the naming and issue number. This issue is part 7, the name has been corrected.

Here is part six