#1 Edited by silverspidey (77 posts) - - Show Bio

STAR WARS: THE CAMPAIGN

No Caption Provided

The Campaign will soon begin.

Many will fall.

Fewer will rise.

But from the ashes,

a new Jedi will be born.

This is the saga unlike any you have witnessed before, nor, will witness again.

(This story is not meant to adhere strictly to the Marvel 616 time frame. It is an imagining of something different with some alterations based on previous stories I have written. Enjoy.)

#2 Posted by wildvine (14857 posts) - - Show Bio

We have an advertisement thread.

#3 Posted by silverspidey (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi my apologies, but i'm posting the story in this thread.

#4 Posted by silverspidey (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you seen a pivotal moment in history? A moment so existentially important, that it transcends understanding and renders time, to a halt?

I have. I have witnessed events in time and space so fleeting, so monumental, that lifetimes upons lifetimes could never equal its importance. The is the essence of the ‘endless frontier’. A vast space that continually grows, continually develops and requires, watching.

This my purpose. This my role. I am Uatu.

And this is how I saw the universe grow, again.

CHAPTER I - THE BIRTH STAR

PART I - THE BIRTH STAR

Descending from the twinkling stars amidst the blackness of space, entering through the burning orange atmosphere of Earth and into dark bluish night sky, Uatu the Watcher sees the immense glowing white moon overhead behind the nighttime clouds.

Floating high above in the night sky, Uatu’s eyes glow brightly, peering past the plumes of thick storm clouds and to the from the reflecting veins of lights far below on the jagged pieces of ground. Seeing the numerous thin lines of light that spread across various directions, Uatu streaks down towards the lights at high speed as his white robe flaps in the gusty wind. Breaking through the thunderous storm clouds, Uatu streaks out below and soars invisibly over streets illuminated by street lights, immense lit skyscrapers to his left and right and pauses in front of the immense television screen found in New York City’s 42nd Street Times Square.

Unseen to the naked eye, Uatu turns around to see the people below amassed in a large group, all counting down in harmony as a crystal orb on a large pole slowly descends to the lit numbers of 2016.

No Caption Provided

Hearing the harmonious and thunderous ‘HAPPY NEW YEAR’ roar from the crowd below, Uatu floats among the snowing cascade of pink and blue confetti as drizzle turns to rain. High above the celebrating crowd as bright pink words on the 42nd St screen ‘HAPPY NEW YEARS’ reflects on him, Uatu raises his eyes above, noticing another figure floating in the night sky, a Watcher.

Like, he, all Watchers were similar. So much so a human would think of them as ‘identical twins’.

As with all Watchers, this one was eyes devoid of irises. Skin clear and smooth. Clothing was also similar. A cape floating well past the short body and beneath their bare feet. A white robe rivaling the whiteness of a pale star. Draped over their body like that of an ancient scholar in Ancient Greece; a garb they all wore in remembrance of the ‘unknown scholar’ and golden metallic gloves that stretch up to their elbows.

Gracefully, the Watcher lifts his arm up at the sight of Uatu, splitting his stubby fingers in two, forming a ‘V’.

A smile comes over Uatu’s face at seeing the human custom. Promptly Uatu effortlessly soars upwards through the rain and snow, coming face to face with his peer while imitating the friendly gesture.

“Welcome Ulana.” Uatu greets, “I see you have imitated the custom of the humans here on Earth Six sixteen.”

Looking down at the crowds far below, Ulana smiles at the sight of confetti fluttering through air as spotlight beams illuminate the night sky.

“They are a curious species when they imagine.” Ulana comments, raising her eyes to Uatu, “I see why you care for this station.”

“Indeed.” Uatu replies, “I cannot wait for when they develop into a civilized species and formally join the greater universe.” he says, “However, I am sure you did not come to witness the induction of a celebrated year achieved without extinction. I was hoping to see a friend in this amassed cross, alas I am unsuccessful..”

Ulana bows promptly, “Precisely. I am here because a development has occurred.” she states before raising her hands upwards to the Moon, “Shall we convene, in private?”

“Of Course.” Uatu states; turning to the moon, Uatu’s eyes glow. Seeing all color around them turn to fine dots and then streaks of lines. Uatu’s eyes dim.

No Caption Provided

Blinking twice, Uatu looks around, ensuring they have arrived undisturbed.

Floating in front of him, Uatu looks to Ulana floating over the gray dust of the Moon’s surface, observing the Earth and the Sun in full view.

“Are the accomodations sufficient?” Uatu asks.

Glancing over her shoulder, Ulana nods, “Quite.” she replies before outstretching her pointed finger to the blackness of space over the Earth, “I’ve come to inform you of an occurance, do you see it?”

Floating past her, Uatu squints his eyes, magnifying his vision. Across the ocean of stars, over the glowing blue Earth and past the brightness of the sun, Uatu’s sees with perfect clarity the phenomena to Ulana’s attention.

“A Birth Star?” he mumbles.

Likened to a pool of black ink swirling with blue glitter, stars churn and swirl together in a concentrated form. The density and gravitational pull of such an object, when left unabated, was more pronounced the Black Holes in their natural state. And here it was, before their very eyes, in its infancy.

Turning to Ulana, Uatu folds his arms, “Have you brought this to the others?” he asks.

Ulana nods, “Yes. All the Watchers have concluded over your course of action of the millenia’s has not resulted nor assisted in this phenom. It is, natural.” he concludes.

“So the Universe…” Uatu says, turning his attention to the phenomena, “...is expanding from here.” he states.

“Or…” Ulana interjects to Uatu’s attention, “...a Universe is expanding, to here. A convergence of sorts.”

“Either way…” Uatu swiftly concludes, “...this is most unexpected. I will investigate this occurrence before the inhabitants of Earth discover it. They’ve achieved an aptness for preemptive resolutions that often bumble into apocalyptic events.”

Ulana covers her mouth, hiding her grin and shoulder shaking chuckle.

Arching his eyebrow, Uatu looks to her, “Have been observing my notes?”

At his question, Ulana brings her palms together swifting separating them, revealing a tanned scroll with curvator writings in gold.

Leaning his head back and looking up at the stars, Uatu shakes his head while Ulana holds her poised finger over the golden shimmery writings, “I am at the occasion where a reclusive race who had kept their existence secret since time immemorial, sued the Watchers in the Cosmic Claims Court and the Living Tribunal assigned you…”

Uatu waves his hand at the floating scroll, “Deliberations over the past are ill-advised at…”

“The radiated human known as She-Hulk? To represent you?” Ulana smirks, “Oh, I am reading this in its entirety.”

Watching Ulana chuckles as she claps her, closing the scroll, Uatu arches his eyebrow and points to her, “You should hope your records of time, history and events are as honest and captivating as mine.”

Ulana nods with a smirk, “Naturally Uatu, and thank you for your time. You’ve always been an adequate mentor.” she humbly replies.

Turning his eyes to the distance, Uatu holds out his arms to his side, floating off the Moon’s surface, “My thanks Ulana for giving me notice to the phenom. I will deal with it accordingly. Shall you wait for me to see this ebated?”

With a wave of her hand, Ulana causes a tear to crack in the very fabric of space beside her. “Unfortunately no…” Ulana replies, “...I must meet with a small blue friend in another dimension. He is proposing a police force to come to our universe to police order by way of emotion and will.”

Seeing the tear in fabric of space crack and explode into a circular opening of gold light and white clouds, Uatu nods to her, “Every century, they ask and, every century, we say no. They are a stubborn lot.”

“Indeed so.” Ulana agreeds, “So long friend.” she says, disappearing into the turbulent wormhole that collapses as soon as she enters.

Turning his attention to the Birth Star, Uatu flies over towards it. Its immense force and powerful pull had not fully matured yet. However, the closer Uatu approaches the Birth Star, the more he notices the typical traits. Nearby half-developed stars have been pulled into the phenom, fueling its power and giving it strength. Soon, planets, nebulas and cosmic storms would be absorbed along with anything else that could assist it in opening, until, a glorious explosion would erupt and rip through the fabric of space, opening an entirely new ‘space’.

Coming upon the Birth Star, Uatu floats the immense dark cosmic swirl. Looking down from the cosmic phenom, Uatu takes notice below his feet, the glimmering blue sphere, Earth. It was well within range to be dragged into this phenom within a year or so, annihilating all inhabitants. Any missile or attack to it, would indeed further its growth exponentially.

Millenia’s prior, Watchers wouldn’t care to interfere. But then again, with 400 infractions of chronic interference to preserve what is known as ‘Humankind’, what’s one more. However, as Uatu raises his eyes to the rather small Birth Star, he sees the seven foot tall swirling cosmic force suddenly crackle with red lightning.

A curious demeanor washes over his face. Uatu looks about his surroundings, nothing imposing its power, nothing irritating the Birth Star, yet, a surge of energy.

“For Earth to survive, I need to move you.” Uatu surmises. Raising his hands, Uatu’s eyes glow, “I suppose Thanos could receive a well contrived practical…”

“Help...meee….”

Uatu’s white eyes open wide at hearing the eerie whisper. No need to search for its origin, Uatu could hear, feel, know; the voice came from beyond the phenom. All conclusions, all realites, all notions of concepts of a thousands years funnel in a fine point in the front of Uatu’s mind. His universe was not expanding, rather, something else was, which leads to the inevitable conclusion: Something.Lives. Behind the Birth Star.

Lowering his hands, Uatu moves away from Birth Star. Destroying the Birth Star and risking an interdimensional explosion without the consent of his peers, was well past his typical rule breaking.

Rather investigation was the proper course of action. Why this formed and how something came to live on the otherside, was a question paramount to answer. A question only Uatu could answer. His decision made, Uatu closes his eyes, places his hands on sides of his head and reaches out. As if seeking to hear something from a great distance, Uatu telepathically searches for the ‘minds voice’ call for aid through the birth star.

“Heeelp, meee….”

Opening his eyes, Uatu locks onto the location of the active mind like a metal chain going taut by an lodged anchor. Then, like an overwhelming wave washing over him, Uatu’s gasps, clutching his chest.

Pain. Suffering. Fear. Death. Something, someone, was in great pain. And it was crying out. Crying out, for help.

Looking up at the Birth Star, Uatu senses the death was near the victim. Life was seeping away and perhaps the answers he needed. Composing himself, Uatu floats erect and immediately outstretches his hand that glows brightly.

Instantly the Birth Star that swirls with growing power, illuminates. What was once swirls, now turns into crimson clouds frothing and pouring out like fog over a warm land. Seeing a bright light at the center of the Birth Star, Uatu wastes no time and dives straight into the center of the Birth Star.

Surrounded by light, white lines and crackling gold lightning with thunderous echoes, Uatu squints his eyes as the brightness continues to grow. Feeling as if he’s falling down a lit pathed highway of white light, Uatu covers his eyes, feeling his momentous speed reaching its peak as all goes sheet white.

Suddenly an explosive eruption fills Uatu ears as he falls out the wormhole in the black void of space. Twirling about, Uatu extends his arms and legs, instantly gaining control of his inertia. There, above him, Uatu sees the pulsating light of the wormhole he came from.

However, like a thunderous explosion, Uatu immediately looks below.

“By Hala…” Uatu gasps.

Uatu eyes open wide at the spectacle.

A planet. A metal planet. Feeling the hisses of electricity buzzing about within the massive planetary sphere, Uatu cannot believe his own eyes. Bigger than his Moon, yet smaller than his Earth, Uatu’s eyes feast on the spectacle.Tiny mists erupt from various points on the metal planet to slow its momentous speed. However, the thunderous sound heard prior could have only been made if the planet broke speeds that the defied the achievements of his own dimension by light-years. Yet, as the planet draws still, Uatu feels the millions of lives contained within massive metal planet. Soon the voices. All of them, tainted with fear, suffering and death.

No Caption Provided

Suddenly, Uatu grips his head, clutching it a paralyzing pain seizes a grip of his mind. Radiating and spreading from one side of his mind to his entire cranial circumference, Uatu entire body helpless arches back, seizing in agony. Grinding his teeth, Uatu shakes his head, struggling to fight the impending force gripping his brain with a merciless aggressiveness while a distant, faint cackle of what could unmistakably be an old man fills his ears before everything goes completely, black.

~*~*~*~*~

“Awaken.”

The haunting voice jolts Uatu awake from the deep voice of unconsciousness he laid in. Raising his head as instructed. Uatu shivers, feeling cold and naked all at once. Trying to move, Uatu immediately feels restricted. Looking to his hand, Uatu sees his arm is forcibly contained in a metal cylinder, his hand out of sight. Feeling his senses become more acute, Uatu clenches his jaw as he looks at his feet, contained as well in metal cylinders.

His limbs outstretched, Uatu quickly deduces he’s held in a circular device. Naked in the dark, Uatu looks over his shoulder at a circular spider-web like window-pane showcasing the stars of outer space.

No Caption Provided

“I am afraid your time for rest, has concluded.”

Turning to the voice in front of him, Uatu eyes immediately fall upon a the dark room spread out before him, covered in grey metal paint. Standing in the shadows of the darkness, a figure dressed in an oversized flowing dark robe lifts his arm, revealing his narrow aged finger, “We have much work to do and your sacrifice, will echoes in the halls of greatness for all that come after you.”

Clenching his jaw, Uatu narrows his eyes at the figure, “Release me. I will not ask twice.”

“I’m afraid, that cannot be allowed my ‘little’ friend.” the figure replies, his voice strained with hate. His narrow tooth grin glows in the darkness like a harbinger from the devil, sending chills up Uatu’s bareback.

“Everything I have planned, everything that has transpired until now…” the figure says, slowly approaching Uatu, “...has come to pass. However, my dear bald friend…” he says, pointing at him once more, “...you shall become the battery for what will inevitably be our next phase.”

Standing some five feet away from him, Uatu looks up at the cloaked figure standing in the pale moonlight, “It was your voice I heard.” he says.

“Indeed.” the mysterious figure replies, “For decades I must say.” the Uatu’s surprise, “Calling, and crying and begging for aid…” the figure says in a mock sadness, “...hoping something beyond us, would hear me.”

A grimace comes across Uatu’s face, “But I felt, fear, pain, suffering, death…”

“Of course.” The mysterious figure replies, “For is only through pain, does one have fear. Through fear, we suffer. And through suffering, comes Hate. And from Hate, comes passion, through passion, strength and then victory. This, is what powers the Empire and everyone in it. This you will see as you aid me.” he grins.

Trying to hold himself up, Uatu narrows his eyes at the shadowy figure, “I will not do any such thing. I am a Watcher!” he says, glowing his eyes as he reaches for his power. However, within a moment, Uatu feels his entire body give out in strength.

“Uhn…” Uatu moans, falling limp in his constraints.

“I’m afraid your constraints have siphoned off a sufficient amount of power for our facility. Your power, whatever its source, is not to dissimilar to others I have encountered. And as such, not connected to wear you, 'reside', it will not translate as much here before ebbing away entirely. ” the figure says to Uatu as a wash of concern comes over his face, “Does that cause you fear?” he asks.

Uatu’ narrows his eyes, “No.” he bitterly replies.

“I see.” the figure corrects, outstretching his hand, “Let’s see if we can CHANGE that.” he grins before a blast of hyper blue lightning shoots out his hand and consumes Uatu’s body! Uatu helplessly wriggles in pain, his body tensing and every muscle contract as a scream becomes trapped in his throat while electricity covers his body, enters his mouth and pours out his nose.

Relenting his attack, the mysterious figure watches as Uatu finally lets out a deafening scream before his body collapse, hanging from the constraints. Gasping for air, Uatu grits his teeth. Anger courses through his body as his eyes glow bright.

“YES!” the figure, “I can feel your fear has become anger! Its growing, let it out.”

Lifting his eyes, Uatu’s eyes blaze with power as the constraints he’s in, hum with power.

“YES! HATE! USE IT!” the figure exclaims, watching a swell of light manifest around Uatu, “STRIKE ME DOWN IF YOU WISH TO BE FREE!” he shouts.

“EEYAAAH!!!” Uatu yells, summoning a burst of power that causes the entire constraints system he’s attached to, to crack! A bright white light glows from Uatu’s power as he summons power deep from within. However, to his surprise Uatu notices a white energy flow, glow on the floor in front of his constraint system! The white light funnels up the flooring from the constraints, through the floor and into a circular panel surrounding the mysterious figure.

To Uatu’s shock, the figure pulls off his black hood, revealing his horribly scarred face. His eyes yellow with red cataracts. His grin soul disturbing, the figure nods at him, “Well done.”

To Uatu’s horror, the mysterious figure closes his eyes, lifts his head to the ceiling and opens his arms. From the surrounding white light embedded in the floor, white sparkles lift up around him like miniature stars.

“Power…” he sighs as the white energy spores seep into robe, causing his skin to glow. Opening his yellow eyes, the figure sets his sight onto Uatu jaw-dropped face, “...infinite…” he snarls, “POWAAAAAAH!” He shouts while thrusting his hands, sending a cascading cluster of bright red lighting bolts through Uatu’s body.

Screaming at the top of his lungs, Uatu hollars unbearably as he jolts back and forth in his constraints. Ceasing his attack, the mysterious figure drops his hands, watching Uatu slump in his restraints as smoke rises off his chest. Looking to his hand, the figure sees his once old flesh, grow young and renewed as his wretched evil smile comes across his face.

“Well done.” the figure grins, lifting his eyes to Uatu, “Let’s do that again.”

Uatu weakly lifts his head up, “You will not, have, my power.”

Grinning at the statement, the figure arches his eyebrow, “Power, is a path to the dark side. An instrument of the sith…” he says, extending his hand towards him, “...and a fuel for a Sith Lord.Thus, your power, was always ‘MY’ power. As you will see, once you open the way you came.”

Suddenly it all comes together, Uatu’s eyes open wide as the figure draws closer to him, “That’s right, you will see, once you open the way YOU CAME!” he shouts another flurry of blue lightning bursts out from his hands.

To be continued….

#6 Posted by silverspidey (77 posts) - - Show Bio

I have. I used to witness events in time and space so fleeting, so monumental, that lifetimes upons lifetimes could never equal its importance. But now, in this ‘endless frontier’, as space continually grows, continually develops and requires watching - I see what is now finally unfolding.

The Beginning of the end.

PT II - A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

The door to the central bridge whooshed open, disappearing into the walls and revealing the long reflective platform. At each side of the platform, deep sunken in data pits filled with staffers sat at their stations. Over them, narrow black walkways line the walls, providing easy observation to each man's work, as well as give a three hundred and sixty degree view from the ray-shielded windows of the ship.

Marching out to the middle of floor, a sandy haired officer decked in a black uniform comes to a stop at the center of the walkway. The sound of low tone prompts from terminals, low voiced conversation and general noise all come to an immediate halt as the officer exclaims:

“GENERAL TARKIN THE SECOND, ON DECK!”

Immediately the tenseness in the room becomes palpable as swift footsteps are heard. A collective stomp echoes as everyone stands up to attention at the sight of a young officer, decked in a grey uniform. Coming to a stop at the center of everyone’s attention, the young officer, no more than twenty, turns to the officer in black who announced him.

“No need for ‘the second’ My father was General Tarkin.” he sternly advises, “General Tark will be suffice for me.”

The young officer gulps with a nod, “Y-yes sir.”

His sharp brown eyes shift to the data pits, “That goes for all of you.” he declares, “As you may know or have heard, My Father had the privilege of serving at the discretion of our Emperor.” he states while raising a clenched fist, “As do I, as do you. Serve him well. Follow every order.” he states before looking into the pits behind him, “Lest you incur my wrath and I assure you, I am not as forgiving as Lord Vader, or our Emperor.”

“YES SIR!” everyone shouts.

“Good.” he says, nodding at their resolute dedication. Seeing their readiness for his next order, General ‘Tark’, looks to the open ray shield windows, “Now, first order of business. I want this Death Star primed for a Planet Level Strike within one hour.”

“Sir.”

Drawing a breath, General Tark slowly turns on his black heels and looks to the young operator standing in the data pit. The officer, glances as his fellow officers slowly back away from him.

“Speak man. Everyone has the ability to voice a concern in my ship.” Tark exclaims, narrowing his eyes to get a clear name at his nameplate, “Officer Trin’zen.” he reads.

“Y-Yes Sir.” Trin’Zen replies, “I am the Weapons Primer. The cannons take two hours to reach max power.”

Nodding at his statement, General Tark looks to the officer who announced him, calling him over with a gesture of his finger. Promptly the Officer hastens over to him with a stomp and stand to attention. General Tark nods at him, “Thank you.” he says before pulling out his blaster and promptly shooting the young Weapons Primer in the head, much to everyone’s shock.

Holding the smoking blaster in hand, General Tark looks to everyone, “Would anyone else like to exercise their ‘ability’ to voice concern over my order?”

Hearing the silence and seeing the faces of all the officers glistening with nervous sweat, General Tark nods, “Good.” he grumbles, tossing the blaster to aside. “Now get to work!” he barks, strutting towards the end of the walkway, looking out to the window.

Taking a stance, General Tark folds his arms, looking out into space, “For today, our Empire will go to a galaxy far, far awa-”

At that moment, General hears electricity throbbing in the light panels over head. Arching his eyebrow at the sight of the in-ceiling lamps pulsating from a surge in energy.

“What the…”

~*~*~*~*~*~~

“eeyyEEEAAAAAAAAH!!”

Screaming at the top of his lungs, Uatu hollars unbearably as he jolts back and forth in his constraints. Ceasing his attack, Darth Sidious watches the residual red lightning crackle over Uatu’s shivering body that’s drenched in sweat.

Hours had passed and the seconds felt like hours. Looking upon the device he created, Darth Sidious savage yellow pupils that bleed jagged red edging across his irises, rove over the torture device bounding Uatu. Likened to a large metal wheel, each of Uatu’s feet remain covered in large metal constraints. His hands, each forcibly outstretched and contained in metal enclosures affixed to the circular rim.

His limbs drained of energy, his knees buckled; Uatu groans in pain as the circular frame he’s affixed to hums from the raw power having been drained out of him. Each breath, accompanied by a sharp pain in his lungs.

Observing Uatus’ naked body that’s riddled with burn spots like a leopard's fur, Darth Sidious watches Uatu being rotated upside down in his confines. His ribs exposed under his thin body with each exhalation.

“Have you given consideration to my order?” Darth Sidious asks Uatu as he’s hung upside down, Sidious eagerly watches as a pool of sweat forms under Uatu’s upside down body.

“I-I…” Uatu pants, “...will never help you.”

Rolling his yellow tinted eyes, Sidious turns away from him, looking into the vastness of space through his multifaceted ray-shield window.

“Do know the difficulty of ruling an empire, you stunted footrest?” Sidious spits, “The difficulty is not in knowing not who to trust—which is nobody, absolutely nobody—but who can be allowed to know how much about a given situation. It's no secret that our Empire is strong, but its security comes by means of compartmentalized information, and absolute fear." he says, glaring at Uatu.

“Contingencies safeguard that system.” Sidious continues, moving across the dark room like ghost, “And the best contingencies are monsters. And I have created a great many.” he evilly grins, contently observing his youthful hand.

“Of all the monsters I have created, my minor masterpiece was turning a bright-eyed, tousle-headed youth into the greatest Jedi killer of all time.” Sidious reveals to Uatu before pointing to his view of the stars, “But he will try, one day to overthrow me. I have foreseen it. And yet, knowing this, given the opportunity to create Vader again, I would, and with zeal. Thus to ensure the existential survival of this great empire, we must create him again; but in your world, in a galaxy, far far away.”

Standing over Uatu, Darth Sidious shadowy face seems to light up from his vibrant yellow eyes and nearly pindot sized pupils, “Hence, where you come in. Have you given thought to my offer?”

Panting and out of breath, Uatu shakes his head, “I will not give in to your-”

Sidious promptly thrusts out his hand, emitting a cluster of bright red electricity from his fingertips that cascades over Uatu’s entire body. Uatu convulses in his restraints as if having a seizure. His bare skin tints red from the pulsating electricity crackling over his skin.

Gritting his teeth in anger, Sidious finally relents his attack. Uatu’s screams echoing in the room as he lowers his head, his body free of any strength as he groans in relief.

“You have lived for a millennia upon millennials, that is obvious.” Sidious exclaims, “You have witnessed events that result in death and in life, so I ask you…” he states, watching Uatu wince while raising his eyes to him, “...how will this event end for you if you do not give me what I want?” he states as sparks crackle around his fingertips.

The statement causes Uatu’s face to change. Much to Sidious displeasure, Uatu’s begins to chuckle. His levity of the situation draws a scowl across Darth Sidious face as Uatu chuckles more at his statement.

“I am a being of more power, more ability than you.” Uatu retorts, “You may torture this body to your content, but even as I be in this dimension, rendered weak by the lesser connection to my universe - I will give you no access to any knowledge held in my mind.”

Sidious yellow eyes narrow, “Give?” he retorts with a sinister grin. “Oh my small little friend, how mistaken you are to believe that I would wait for you…” he says, holding out his outstretched hand, “...to ‘give’ me anything!”

Immediately Uatu struggles to draw his face away, straining against his restraints as Sidious eyes light up with glee, “Tell me then, what do you know of the force?” he asks.

Uatu’s face grows dim. His lips firm as silence settles between him and Sidious. His eyes laser on Uatu’s, almost burning into his soul like two lasers as he maintains his raised palm.

“Silence I see.” he smirks However Uatu’s face remains resolute, his lips firmly pressed against each other as a pain courses through his mind.

“So…” Sidious nods, “...you do know then.” he says, bringing his outstretched palm closer to Uatu’s face, “Of the power of the dark side.” he exclaims.

Feeling his body go cold, Uatu closes his eyes, clenching his jaw in pain as he gasps for a breath.

Tiling his head to the side, Sidious smiles deliciously at Uatu’s discomfort. Curling his fingers as if tightening his grip around something, Sidious wrangles through Uatu’s mind. Grinding his teeth, Uatu shakes his head as blood leaks out his ears.

“Stop, STOP IT NOW!” he shouts, feeling his entire body tense tighter than when he was when being shocked.

“No.” smirks Sidious, motioning his hand closer to Uatu, “Not when we’re so, close.”

Suddenly, Uatu’s ears pop! Sidious evil laugh turning into a muffled voice. Uatu’s vision doubles and blurs like sound waves colliding and reverberating off Sidious hazy outline. Grinding his teeth in pain, Uatu hears the sound of what is like hissing air fill his ears with noise as Sidious draws his hand closer to his face.

Then, within an instant, Sidious watches Uatu opens his eyes. His blank white eyes now holding a set of crystal clear hazel irises. His face relaxed, his eyes locked onto his face, Sidious smirks at Uatu’s entire body going limp like a bag of bones as Uatu’s hazel eyes settle on Sidious one more.

“Let’s try this again.” Sidious exhales contently, “What do you know of the force?”

“It is a power the Watcher’s removed from the universe at its infancy.” he states in almost a robotic tone.

Sidious nods. His mind racing with concepts, questions and ideas until one comes to the fore above all else.

“Are there any beings in your universe capable of wielding it?” Sidious asks.

“No.” Uatu replies.

Satisfied, Sidious cover his mouth, hiding the evil grin, “A final question, tell me, how do you I get to know all that you know?”

~*~**~*~*~

Meanwhile...on Planet Lothal

No Caption Provided

LOTHAL CAPITOL SENATE BUILDING

No Caption Provided

The round white marble room remained silent. Senators dressed in fitted linen clothing sat in their white seats that resembled a small stadium. Everyone positioned about with a focused view to the grey marble floor, three men stand about, facing the crowd.

One individual, dressed in fitted plain clothing with a brown robe draped over his imposing form holds out his outstretched exposed arm and hand to all the eyes focused on him.

“Rumors are going about my fellow senators.” he declares in a bellowing voice, “Whispers within the shadows of the shadows. I have it on good authority, that the Empire has another ‘Death Star’.” he says to a low collective mumble, “Ready to unleash on the Galaxy. Yet, also have it on good authority from several rebel sympathizers, that every sector of the galaxy containing five destroyers, must spare two, in addition to an entire fleet of destroyer prototypes being produced and old Clone War destroyers they are resurrecting.” he concludes.

“That would mean, sixteen destroyers at a minimum.” exclaims a Senator from the sat crowd, “Senator Azadi, would you have us believe that the Empire is siphoning off forces to an unknown location?” he asks.

“No.” Senator Azadi replies, “Reports conclude that various destroyers of different classes are assembling to a specific set of coordinates.” he replies, “Now, I know you may believe i’m advocating war, I am not. However, we must do something.” he says.

Stepping in front of him, the floor chairmen, holds his hand up to Senator Azadi before looking to the ground, “Senator Kal’zi has a question.”

Turning his attention to blue skin humanoid senator, Azadi nods to him.

“First, as troubling as this may be…” Kal’zi states, “...I do believe this can only, and inevitably end with us in war. And as such, I do not agree that we need to interfere in this. Lothal has lost enough. It has suffered enough. Let the Universe and the Empire have each other. They have forgotten us here on the Outer Rim Territories, let us forget them as if they are in a galaxy far far away.” he concludes before taking his seat.

“I for one, understand the sentiments of my fellow Senator.” Azadi exclaims to everyone, “Yet, as I do understand how much we’ve lost, my own father Rider Azadi a rebels of Lothal, among those lost as you all know. ButI cannot agree with my Senator Kal’zi. We do not live in a galaxy far far away. But we are ‘forgotten’. Which, may have occurred so we can rise like so many on this planet once did.”

“So are you advocating for a declaration of war?” the Chairmen asks.

“No.” Azadi declares. “I advocate investigation. To inquire of these ‘whispers’ that the Empire is gathering its forces for what could easily be called a ‘campaign march’, o on the Galaxy.”

“You can’t know that.” declares a senator.

“Exactly.” Azadi promptly replies, “But we can neither assume the Empire is uncharacteristically gathering resources for peace! In the end my fellow senators, we all, serve in the interests of Lothal existing. We do well not to aid the Rebellion or any force but us. That means, knowing what the Empire is doing.”

“So what do you propose?” asks the Chairmen.

“Substantiate truth to these rumors. Send a team. Myself included in an unmarked, unknown ship to the listed coordinates I have to get these questions answered.” Azadi states, “For in such answers will we know how Lothal is to exist. In peace, or in war.”

“You are asking someone to risk their life to substantiate a rumor!”

“Wasn’t that how Death Star was destroyed first time!” Azadi counters, “A rumor of plans leaked. Then those plans led to investigation, investigation to an assault and the end to the Death Star.” he concludes. “A result I must remind you, we played no role in, but benefited all the same. Yes. I’m asking for someone to risk their life, but its to ensure the survival of Lothal as a free planet, not an occupied one.” he finishes.

“Do you have someone in mind for this, almost suicide mission? They would have to be skilled.” the Chairman asks.

“I do. And if our Senate agrees, I will go to the pilot who will zealously lend their service for Lothal.”

~*~*~*~*~~*

TOWER OF THE EAST

No Caption Provided

Her wide green eyes, vibrant and clear, yet full of unbridled determination glare back at the young senator standing in her doorway.

“Absolutely not!” she exclaims, turning aside from the door.

Catching the door before it closes on him, Dyver hastily enters into the dwelling, “Hera Syndulla, please just hear me out!”

“NO!” Hera shouts again, turning around like a cornered lion with finger raised, “I have a youngling! He is no more than Eight Suncycles of Age and you want me to abandon him for a mission?!”

Holding up his hands in surrender, Dyver takes a step back, “I don’t expect you to do anything. It's why i’m ‘ASKING’! And i’m asking the best!”

Hera’s promptly rolls her eyebrows at the comment. Turning her back to him, Hera’s brushes aside her prehensile head-tails and storms over the terrace for fresh air. Dyver lets out sigh, rubbing the back of his smooth pepper grey hair. Looking at Hera step outside to the terrace and leans against the railing, staring out into distance while Dyver follows behind her to the terrace doorway.

Looking at her from behind, Dyver smirks, “You know I never saw you outside of a pilots uniform until now I think? I remember seeing you at the depot and I’d wonder if you actually had other clothes.”

“This isn’t funny.” Hera retorts, her voice gripped with anger. Peeling her eyes away from the calming open landscape, Hera raises her eyes up to the blue skies, “I built a life here. A life I didn’t think was possible without Kanan. But I have Jacen now. And here you come, knowing that I have him and defiantly walk up to my door after ten years, threatening that.” she calmly tries to state.

“I’m not threatening you Hera and i’m not being defiant.” Dyver quickly states.

Turning around, Hera holds on the railing with both arms as a serious demeanor washes over her face, “But your asking me to leave him, my offspring, to do what? Almost get killed?”

Dyver draws a deep breath as Hera’s eyes seem to bore a hole through his soul, “I’m not, I’d never put you in a position to get killed.”

A smirk comes across Hera’s face in disbelief at his statement, “Good men don’t put others in a position to killed, but it doesn’t happen anyway. Once your in that pilot chair. Once you’re in space. Odds of you getting killed…”

“Are always at a constant presence.” Dyver finishes, “I remember, you taught me well.”

Folding her arms and tilting her head to the side, Hera shakes her head, “Apparently not well enough if you’re here asking me to go on a mission.”

Dyver nervously draws a deep breath, “Look, Hera. I’m not here to tear your life apart. I’m not here to make you lose Jacen…”

“Then leave.” Hera interrupts, pointing to the door, “Leave and don’t ever come back.”

Hera’s statement renders Dyver almost silent. Hera’s staunch demeanor renders Dyver nearly mute as he can barely must anything more to say.

“I’ll leave.” Dyver mumbles, turning aside hesitantly to the door. However, Dyson draws a deep breath, closing his eyes as he mumbles to himself before boldly turning around to Hera, who simply stares out into the landscape, her back to him.

“Listen Hera…” Dyver exclaims to Hera who doesn’t move. “You, Sabine Wren, Kanan, my father Rider, all fought against the Empire. I know the stories. You and Sabine told me a lot of them, especially of my father. And I know that, Jacen, is your life.” he says. “But there’s a lot of people on this rock and other rocks out there that, like you deserve to know if the Empire is going to try and rob them of their life too.” he states.

“I would never put the weight of that on you. But I would beg that you help me delivering on shouldering this weight because you did it before and delivered.” Dyver says, “I asked Sabine, she wouldn’t go if you went because of someone has to look after Jacen. But that if you did go, she’d ask someone else who you know, to help us.”

Hera simply looks over her shoulder to Ryder.

“I just need a ship flown to one sector of space. We sit on an asteroid and take pictures, that’s all.” Dyver states, “Can you, do that?”

Hera stares back out into the distance, observing the plains of Lothal. Taking a deep breath, Hera squeezes her grip on the metal railing, wrestling with a response.

“Sabine said…” Hera states, “...that if I went, if I did this ludicrous request of yours…”

“That she would stay yes.” Dyver interrupts.

Hera shakes her head, turning to face him, “No. That’s ‘our’ pact.” she reveals, “That has nothing to do with you. What I want to know, is who she said she’d call?”

Dyver shrugs, “I don’t know. She just said you’d know the person by an alias they use to have ‘Fulcrum’, i think.”

Satisfied, Hera relaxes as she slides her hands into her pocket, “Okay, two things. Who is this mission really coming from?”

Dyver face grows firm.

Folding her arms, Hera narrows her eyes, “You have to be straight with me Dyver if you even want a chance at my considering this.”

Letting out an audible exhale from his nostrils, Dyver rubs the bridge of his nose, “You know that as a Senator on Lothal, if anyone finds out i’m even in contact with…”

“Dyver!” Hera insists.

“Leia!” Dyver admits to Hera’s surprise, “Leia, gave me everything I have. She knows our Senate on Lothal won’t hear her out and she can’t ask the rebels to go on a wild Loth Cat chase. So she asked me, and mentioned you since, well, the Syndulla’s have if not more respect in a name as does Skywalker.”

Hera smirks, “Yeah as I’ve been hearing.” she huffs, “Ok, so if we’re doing this by Leia’s order, and if she’s reaching out after all this time to just do a scouting mission, then what exactly has Leia’ so worried?”

To be continued….

#7 Edited by silverspidey (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you seen a pivotal moment in history?

A moment so existentially important, that it transcends understanding and renders time, to a halt?

I have. I am.

I am witnessing an event so fleeting, so monumental, that lifetimes upon lifetimes will discuss its importance.

They will talk about me. They will talk of ‘him’.

They will talk about the day...

..our world ended.

Pt. III - INTO THE BIRTH STAR

With a every growth, there is always, death. -

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

The door to the central bridge whooshed open, disappearing into the walls and revealing the long reflective platform. The immaculately clean black floor glistened from twinkling stars in the black cosmos. Standing at the end of the bridge to the he ray-shielded windows of the ship, General Tarkin the Second or, Tark, sternly looks over his shoulder. His steely blue eyes fixed to an officer in black uniform, hurrying to him with his head lowered like an indentured servant.

“General.” the officer states with a salute.

Nodding at him dismissively, General Tark turns his gaze back to the stars, “What is it Corporal?”

“The Emperor has requested you to speak with you.” he says, holding up his cupped hands.

General Tark turns on his heels to face the corporal, his face turned pale. However, Tark is taken off-guard as the Corporal offers up his cupped hands towards his face as if to serve him something. There in the center of his palms, a circular metal device held in his hands. Immediately the center of the device flickers with a soft red light. Red sparks swirl over the device, quickly coming together in one bright flash before emitting a holographic projection of a the Emperor in his black hooded robe.

“My Emperor!” General Tark exclaims, bowing his head to the image, “How may I be of service?”

“How long before the Death Star requires charging after firing its main cannon?”

Glancing up at the hologram, General Tark answers, “Three Minutes my Emperor. However the Death Star’s main cannon is at system ready now. All personnel await your orders.”

“Good. Tell me General Tark. How many ships do we have with us?”

General Tark gulps, his mind rushing with facts as he tries to answer intelligently.

“We have six, Imperial Class-Two Star Destroyers.” He begins. “Four, Victory I Class Star Destroyers that were retrofitted with extra hull space courtesy General Thrawn before his passing.” he states, “Also, one Praetor Mark II Class Battlecruiser for replenishing our other destroyers and dispersing Five Hundred TIE fighters. Lastly, your Super Star Destroyer, fully equipt with a one hundred Death Troopers, my Emperor. Your fleet, is at your disposal.” he proudly states, relieved he could remember the report.

“Excellent. Your father would have been proud,General Tark. Prepare the Fleet for battle. Prime the Death Stars main cannon. You will see your target momentarily.”

Nervously, General Tark looks to the hologram, “My Emperor, may I inquire of our target? For I will execute all orders, but I only see empty space and nothing on our scanners.”

You have obeyed all orders General Tark. Do not ruin it with your pitiful questions.

“Yes My Emperor. Apologies my Emperor.”

~*~*~*~Meanwhile in Sidious Chambers~*~*~~*

No Caption Provided

Inside his dimly lit chambers, Darth Sidious casts aside the holographic transponder to floor, setting his glowing yellow eyes with jagged red veins upon Uatu.

Writhing in pain, Uatu remains contained in Sidious 'Power Siphon'. Positioned in the middle of a free standing metal ring that, Uatu's hands remain held over his head contained inside two large cylinders, tightly clamped around his wrist. His head hanging long, Uatu eyes remain focused to his feet, also contained in large metal cylinders. Sidious gestures his finger to the left. Immediately the clamps release with Uatu dropping onto the cold metal floor with a thumb. Groaning in pain, Uatu shivers naked on the floor under the low ambient glow of the stars.

Sidious moves towards him in his overlong robe like grim death. Resembling the spots of a leopard, Darth Sidious looks upon Uatu’s burned riddled body. The 'force lightning' did its damage. Uatu's breaths now shallow, his face turned away and scarred, Uatu’s physical body reeks of nearing death with each wheezing exhale.

Yet, like a spider carefully moving onto its injured prey, Darth Sidious slowly kneels down to Uatu, gently placing his crooked finger on his neck to check his pulse. Uatu immediately groans in pain, his body straining at Sidious burning touch. A grin comes upon Sidious face as he pulls his finger back, watching Uatu’s sigh of relief and fluttered breath. Outstretching his hand towards Uatu’s face, Darth Sidious smirks.

“I can feel your pain.” he nods, “And it is truly, wonderful. Almost as wonderful as peeling away the knowledge contained in your thoughts." Sidious says, "Your amassed knowledge will serve the Empire and the Sith wonderfully. I will make record of your greatness in the Sith Temple on Mustafar.” he grins.

Barely able to open his eyes, Uatu’s blurred vision sharpens as he looks upon Darth Sidious youthful shadowy face, and begins to tremble, “Get away from me you evil creature.”

Darth Sidious raises his hand to his face, concealing his evil chuckle, “Evil is a label the weak place on those who threaten them.” he says, “But I cannot be threaten by a once powerful creature such as yourself." he grins, "Because I now have your knowledge. I have ripped it away from your thoughts along with the power siphoned from you, now stored, for me.”

Grinding his teeth, Uatu remains silent as the Dark Lord snickers.

“Yesss..." Sidious groans, "...I can feel your fear swelling inside of you. A Watcher of a Universe, broken by a power you banished from your galaxy." says Darth Sidious, placing his finger of Uatu’s mouth, “And this is what makes you weak.” he spits, pressing his burning touch on Uatu's lips as he writhes in pain, “For with all the eons of knowledge you possessed, you feared it, and never mastered it." he says over the sizzling coming from his finger pressed against Uatu's lip who groans in pain, "But this is not the way of the Sith. The Sith use knowledge. They master it. And through mastery, comes victory and fear from those who are lesser, like you!" he growls.

Pulling his hand away from Uatu's now burned mouth, Sidious stands up, pinching his two fingers. Immediately Uatu's gasps, clasping at his neck as he struggles to take a breathe.

"For if you mastered the knowledge you feared..." Sidious continues, "...you would not be the cowering prey that you are! For the strong shall always hunt the weak!” he says, releasing his hold on Uatu's throat.

Gasping for air, Uatu' painful turns onto his stomach, throwing up purple bile as he struggles to catch his breath.

“Y-you...” Uatu gasps, “...are weak." he pants, "Standing, on shoulders, of the oppressed, is weakness.” Uatu weakly pants.

Standing over Uatu like a vulture over a dying carcass, Uatu sees his statement causes a scowl to wash over Sidious face. Freeing his hand from draping sleeve, Sidious flicks his finger upwards, “Rise.” he orders.

Immediately Uatu feels his entire body stiffen! Grinding his teeth in pain, Uatu is raised off the cold floor as if he was affixed to a board. His aching limbs outstretched to their limit. Uatu’s is lifted up and brought face to face with Sidious. Uatu's fear ridden face becomes drenched in a cold sweat as Sidious vibrant yellow eyes glare at him as if peering straight into his soul.

“What do you know of 'standing’?” Sidious snarls. “To stand, requires power! To have power, means knowledge and through it, strength!” he states, “And strength, comes from the Dark Side!”

Outstretching his hand to Uatu, Sidious uses the force to slowly turn Uatu’s body towards the spider-web framed window outlooking the stars, “But you, you purged the force from your universe and you act on nothing from the knowledge that I now know, that you have!” he snarls. Held off the floor and unable to move, Uatu grits his teeth in pain as a warm feeling comes over his mind.

“You are weak by its definition!” Sidious growls, “And you now bore me with your weakness! I have no use for you, except for your mind, which, I will harvest from your corpse after and, thanks to reading your mind, I will take your eyes as well that is after, you open the door from which you came.” Darth Sidious whispers.

Sidious eerie words slither into Uatu's ears like a wet worm, Uatu shakes his head, struggling to resist the sudden urge to act on the request. Uatu clenches his teeth in pain, groaning as a painful thought seizes his mind with extreme focus.

“Stop it.”

“Open…” Darth Sidious growls, curling in his fingers that crackle with snaps of blue electricity, “...the door.” he orders.

Grinding his teeth, Uatu shakes his head, trembling in pain as Sidious words seem to echo in his mind, “I-I…” he gasps, closing his eyes shut, “...will not help you to…”

Narrowing his yellow eyes eyes, Darth Sidious catches sight of Uatu’s hands glowing. Drawing a deep breath, Darth Sidious thrusts both hands forward, “OPEN THE DOOOOOOR!” he hollers.

Uatu’s eyes open as he feels as if a thousands of small needles pierced his body at once! Uatu lets out a bone-chilling scream as Darth Sidious pushes the force to his pierce Uatu’s body from all sides!

“EEEEYAAAAA!!!” Uatu screams as bright white ribbons of light unfurl off his naked body, trembling the air around them. Screaming at the top of his lungs in agony, Darth Sidious evil grin pales in the brightening white light coming off Uatu’s naked body like smoke. Thrusting out his left hand, Darth Sidious explodes the ray-shielded window separating their room from the void of space! Exploding the wall, Sidious uses the force to keep his foot as zero gravity makes everyone float off the ground. Bone-chilling cold envelopes them with ear-piercing silence as a purple glow from above bathes them in light!

“THAT'S IT, GIVE IN THE WILL OF THE FORCE!!” Darth Sidious shouts. Lifting his eyes above, Darth Sidious watches as Uatu’s powers fly upwards in the blackness of space. Like purple fireflies in the night swirling together, Sidious watches Uatu's power spiraling up into the black void, cracking the very fabric of space.

“YES! YES!!” Darth Sidious cackles in mad laughter at the sight of the massive space tear widening and crackling audible like fracture ice on a lake. Icy frost begins to brittle Sidious his black robe. However, Sidious lowers his gaze away from the purple embers of power swirling together, and glares at Uatu starting to fall weak as frost burns riddle his bare body.

Clutching Uatu's body in his hand, Sidious tightening his grip as his eyes liven with fury, “MOOOORE!” Sidious hollers, surging a massive amount of force lightning through his Uatu's body!

Screaming in agony, Uatu feels all the muscles in his body contract, “ULANA HEAR ME…” Uatu cries out over a deafening ‘thud’ trembling the floor, “...FORGIVE ME!!” he screams as a surge of bright power bursts from Uatu’s eyes, nose and mouth like a lantern!

“DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE!” shouts Darth Sidious, clutching Uatu’s head with his bare hand. Red lightning cascades down Sidious arms and over Uatu’s body from his head down! Immediately, Uatu’s body goes numb. His raised hands explodes with purple light. Within moments, a booming thunder rumbles from overhead! Darth Sidious immediately raises his eyes upwards at the sight of a phenomena forming over the Death Star.

“Yes…” Sidious evilly grins.

~~*~*~*~~*

Standing at the windows, hundreds of officers and Death Troopers stand at the ray shielded windows, stunned at the sight of the purplish jagged tear cutting across the very the fabric of space.

Purple light bleeds through the ray-shield windows of the Death Star, drenching everyone in a thick ominous light. Standing up from their stations in awe, everyone watches as dense fog pours out of the jagged tear like that of fog coming over warm land.

No Caption Provided

In front of them all, standing at the bridge of the Death Star in front of everyone, General Tark stands stunned and stupefied at sight of the great jagged edge tearing and stretching across his cosmic view. His palms moist with sweat, General Tark loses control of his jaw that drops. Unshakable fear swells in his stomach as everyone gasps, unable to believe their eyes.

The cosmic tear, spontaneously and violently expands like cracks in a slow breaking ice. Thunderous booms tremble the air, vibrating through everyone’s chest as if hollow. Taking a step back, General Tark gulps, feeling his mouth go dry as tear stretches far over the entire fleet of Destroy ships and brightens by the moment, ready to explode.

“SIR!” calls out the engineer.

General Tark turns to the officer in the sunken in data pit that’s bathed in purple light, and adamantly points at him, “ALL SHIELDS TO MAXIMUM NOW!”

“GENERAL WE HAVE A BREACH IN EMPEROR’S HULL!”

The statement makes General Tark immediately look to the officer standing by the wall panel, pointing at a flashing light.

Immediately General Tark points to three Death Troopers, clad in black, “YOU, WITH ME!” he orders.

Running down the black platform, General Tark’s boots echo out with each firm step, followed by the weighty Death Troopers running behind him. Racing through the corridors of the crowded hallways, General Tark forcibly shoves and pushes past the specialists and junior offices standing at the entryways of various rooms, bathed in the purple light phenomena.

“OUT THE WAY NOW!” he orders.

Running for what felt like hours, General Tark reaches the east wing of the Death Star. A sea of white Stormtroopers, standing in front of a large metal blast door, General Tark face reddens with anger.

“WHAT'S GOING ON HERE!” he hollers.

Everyone immediately goes still as one Specialist, clad in a grey uniform, stands closest to the door. Pulling out his small silver blaster, General Tark grits his teeth, “WHAT DID YOU DO! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE EMPEROR! he barks.

“Na-nothing General!” The officer stutters, pointing to the foggy view window in the blast door, “See!”

Dissatisfied with his response, General Tark bashes the officer across the face, sending him to floor before peering through the peep glass in the massive titanium blast door. Wiping the foggy window with his bare hard, Tark pulls away as the cold window almost burns his skin from its coldness. However peering through, Tark’s eyes open wide in shock, “By the stars…” he mumbles.

The soldiers around Tark look at him confused as General Tark gasps and drops his blaster.

“Wha-what is it sir? Is the Emperor secure?” asks one of the Death Troopers.

Standing the destroyed quarters of his eminence chambers, General Tark immediately takes notice of the graceful voluminous black frosted material from Sidious cloak floating in the zero-gravity. In that moment, General Tark face goes pale at the sight Darth Sidious, standing in the center of his half-exploded champers under the starry surrounding of space in the zero gravity. Purple light from above suddenly bathes him in light, casting a long shadow Sidious and revealing him clutching a small frozen body in his grip with bright red lightning crackling around him.

Uatu’s eyes grow dark. His once pale skin now frosted white and glistening over the brown burn marks riddling his naked body. Uatu's body rendered stiff with Rigor Mortis Darth Sidious raises his eyes from Uatu to the massive tear in space over the Death Star. The sudden burst of blinding flash white pales everything around him before fading away as quick as it occured. However, unable to see Sidious in the dense darkness Tark eagerly searches for him before seeing two bright yellow eyes staring back at him right on the other side of the glass.

Suddenly, General Tark hears bolts within the walls scream with a thud from the safely retracting back into the wall. Grinding metal gears in the walls forcibly bend. From the corner of his eye Tark spots a red indicator light on massive blast door panel, now turn green. Immediately three Death Troopers shoot bolts into the floor, linking it to their armored black utility belts as Tark looks at them, astonished. Swiftlying grabbing on to a handle, Tark turns to everyone in the hall in sheer panic.

“HANG ON TO SOMETHING!” he shouts.

Suddenly, the blast door retract upwards and slams into the ceiling cracking the walls and trembling the entire corridor! Deafening howls of oxygen rushing out the station fills the corridor with noise. Screams pierce through hurricane force howls as screaming personnel are yanked off their feet. carried by hurricane force winds and flung into the cold death of space, freezing immediately. Grinding his teeth, struggling to hold onto the wall handle, General Turk as his feet flap in the wind from the intense winds! Feeling his grip slipping as his entire body's lifted off the floor, Tark yells as he refuses to lose his grip and be carried out to his death.

However, to his soul-shattering awe, Tark catches sight from the corner of his eye, Darth Sidious gracefully striding into the corridor against the hurricane force fleeing oxygen as if with no resistance. Standing well past the blast doors, the Emperor black cloak flaps in the fleeting oxygen like a flag in a wind tunnel. His face, filled with glee as Darth Sidious callously watches staff zoom past him along with droids, Storm Troopers and other debris, all shot collectively into the blackness of space. It was humorous. A his shoulders rise and fall with a chuckle before he casually raises his hand over his hood. Yet Sidious waits, keenly observing who is struggling to survive as their bodies are lifted off the floor, the shoes being sucked off their feet. The corridor walls filled the bodies of officers and personnel, screaming for help as they barely hold onto to any handle, door edge or nook, so as not to be sucked out into space. The struggle of the weak and strong, all decorating the hallways, fills Sidious soul with contentment.

“Very well.” he mumbles, dropping his hand to the side. Immediately massive blast door to slam into the black floor behind him with a quaking thud! Instantly everyone drops to the black lacquered floor at once. Collective groans and moans fill the Emperor Palpatine ears. Dismissing them, Sidious sharp eyes shift to General Tark on his ride, clutching his ribs on the floor beside his boot.

“Did you see the target now?” asks the Emperor, glaring at General Tark’s very pale and petrified face lift to him, shocked, stunned and horrified. “Or do shall I provide you a better view?” Sidious asks.

Trembling in place, General Tark shakes his head emphatically.

“Good.” replies Emperor Palpatine, then drops Uatu’s frozen and dried out corpse. General Tark jolts back, startled at the sight of what anyone would have believed to be a fossilized husk of a frozen mummy.

“I want the medics to preserve the Eyes and the Brain at all costs.” orders Sidious, “I have what I need from him, but the rest is still stored in his biology. Here my Tark, ruin his body and I will do no less, to you!" he threatens Tark who quickly goes onto his knees and bows before him.

"Y-ye-yes ma-ma my emperor." he stutters as Palpatine proceeds down the corridor like an apparition of death.

Walking through the corridors, Darth Sidious says nothing as officers, Storm Troopers, droids of all sizes, shapes and beeping, all stand aside, clearing a path for the Emperor. Between the blare of distant alarms and warbles of announcements, Darth Sidious pauses momentarily, looking over his shoulder.

Three Death Troopers, standing behind him with loyalty.

Grinning at the sight of them, Palpatine continues his stroll until he reaches a grey metal door.

Waving his hand casually, the massive doors splits open, slamming into the walls with a thud as Palpatine sets his eyes on the central bridge. Immediately everyone's stands up in harmonious clamor, saluting him their seats slide back. Moving over the immaculately clean black floor like grim death , Darth Sidious reaches the end of the walkway, standing inches from the ray-shielded window.

“Beautiful.” Sidious mumbles.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Turning aside from the view, Darth Sidious points his aged pale finger to one of the standing officers in the data pit, “Put in these coordinates." he orders, "Six Ten Alpha, Sixteen Delta, Six Ten Alpha.”

As soon as he finishes, the swift typing officer stands erect, “Done My Emperor.”

“What are you reading on the scanners?” Sidious growls.

Looking down to the panel, the Officer gulps, “I, uh.” he stutters as his eyes open wide, “I’m picking up an alarming amount of uncharted space. We have no information in our data but, i’m seeing a planet. We don’t even a name for it.” he says.

A grin comes across Sidious face, “Its called Earth, according to my now expired little friend. ” he grins. “Use the Planet’s Telemetry to lock onto this location, 40.729264, -74.000679.” he orders. “I want the full might of our Death Star’s to strike our most significant obstacle.” he states, “We cannot hope to launch the assault successfully for long with this, strange, being alive. How long before impact?”

Immediately a young man stands up from the sunken in data pit, “It will take exactly one hour before impact my Emperor. However, due to the hull breach, some power was directed from the blast to secure our shielding. The Death Stars primary weapon is currently at Eighty two Percent.”

Closing his eyes, Sidious lets out a disappointing sigh. Lowering his gaze to the floor, Sidious looks to his hand as an annoyed scowl coming across his face while gently lifting two of his fingers.

“You should have seen to it that we were not compromised." growls Sidious, gently raising up a third finger, "Your short-sightedness, has compromised the effectiveness of a rather pivotal ‘surprise attack.’ that hinges on swiftness and brutality.” he says, now fanning out all his fingers.

Looking over his shoulder, Sidious yellow eyes glares at the five men floating over their data pits, gagging and clutching their throats, violently kicking their feet. Everyone eyes open in horror as Sidious lets out a groan, "Going forward, the failure of one, will be the failure of FIVE!!" he snaps, promptly closing his hand into a fist. An instant harmonious crack of the five officers necks snapping echos in the room. Dropping his hand to his side, Sidious watches the multiple officer's bodies hitting the hard floor with a thump.

“How long until we are at one hundred percent power?” Sidious asks, turning to the data pit on his left.

No Caption Provided

Inside each of the data pits, everyone freeze, petrified to breathe, let alone think. Yet one of the remaining ranking officer, nervously pushes aside the dead officers, topped over his chair, and observes the blinking meter on the terminal. “Tah-tah-Ten minutes My Em-emperor.” he stutters.

The reply puts a grin across Palpatine’s face. A simple invasion, with the amount of threats on the planet that he could surmise from Uatu’s mind, would inevitably result in failure. Yet a sudden ten minute surprise attack surgically performed, would cripple any army and ten minutes was enough.

“Very Well.” Palpatine grumbles, “A ten minute war then.” he mumbles.

Looking to the data pit on his left, Palpatine narrows his yellow eyes at the officer, “Prepare my shuttle.” he orders, “Once I board my Super Destroyer, I will strike at those coordinates and land the planet's surface." he states, "Once we land, begin the planetary assault on all primary targets I send, starting with the orbital satellite station, then, every capitol city. I will instruct when to begin the ground assault on my location.” he orders, walking towards exit doors.

“SIR…”

Everyone silently winces with anxiety as Palpatine comes to a halt and slowly turn his yellow eyed glare towards an officer standing in the middle of the walkway behind him.

“Shall we contact Vader to lead the assault, sir?”

The comment causes a sudden chuckle to Emperor Palpatine. “Send this message to Darth Vader…” Palpatine spits, “... gather all the Inquisitors he can and rendezvous at my location. And, that he should not to dare to fail in bringing, his hidden apprentice.” he grins.

To be continued….

#10 Edited by silverspidey (77 posts) - - Show Bio

CHAPTER II -

THE TEN MINUTE WAR

PT I - WAR OF THE MIND

EARTH 616.1 - NEW YORK CITY - March 1st, 2016 - Time: 12:25pm

No Caption Provided

“And how are those nightmares of yours, have they tapered off?”

“They’re still there, not as bad though.”

“Still in the day? Or at just night?”

“Its at night for now. The daydream nightmares have like, almost stopped now.”

“Well that’s good. I know that was a crippling time for you. Can we talk about these nighttime nightmares your having?”

“Do I have to?”

“I’m afraid so. They can indicate what’s really under the surface of your subconscious.”

“Really? So I guess that means I’m a bonafide lunatic, huh?”

“What’s your definition of a ‘bonafide lunatic’, Nico?”

The question itself draws a heavy sigh from the young girl. Snapping her black mascara eyes open, Nico looks up at the grey ceiling as shadows filter through the blinds and walk up the wall like ghosts. The unsettling questions prompts Nico Minoru to pry to sit herself up from the plushy suede couch. The same couch she had been laying in the same way for a year. Letting out a frustrating sigh, Nico plants her arms on both sides of her self, cutting a glare at therapist.

“A bonafid lunatic is someone who can’t see a slice of pizza without getting a flashback to a dead body.” Nico retorts, her attitude filling each word before ending with a seemingly exhausted sigh.

“Is that what happens to you?”

Raising her eyes up from the floor, Nico cuts a narrow eyed look at the therapist. He was young, if not young looking. Chiseled face, crystal clear green eyes and green hair to match. His muscular frame was clearly evident under his white dress shirt, especially when he rolled up his sleeves.

“Your drifting Nico. Answer the question.”

Clenching her jaw, Nico shoulders rise and fall with as she lowers her gaze to the plushy cream carpet, unwilling to answer as silence fills the room.

“Ms Minoru…”

The name itself causes Nico to squeeze the sofa cushion as if sent into great pain. Grinding her teeth, Nico shakes her head before glaring at the therapist with fire in her eyes, “How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that Samson?!”

“You say it every time I do it.” Doc Samson states, “And I do everytime you shut down on me.”

Nico lets out a steady breath through her nostrils, calming herself.

“You’ve been through a great deal of trauma Nico.” Doc Samson states, “Compounded by your, ‘eccentric’ upbringing from your parents to put it mildly, it not uncommon for one's mind to create a complex and almost organic sub-reality to deal with trauma. But that doesn’t make you a lunatic. It makes you human.” he states.

“So is that what you determined to be more plausible then the actual truth, huh?” Nico questions.

Samson almost immediately lowers his head, rubbing the bridge of his nose, “Nico, don’t do this. Don’t backslide. We’ve been through this already. Three months in fact. We agreed...”

“No you agreed.” Nico interrupts, “Not me. I know what happened.”

“What you think happened.” corrects Doc Samson, “A version of reality you fabricated to cope with....”

“Stop painting me as a VICTIM!” Nico shouts, “Why can’t you just believe me?!” she growls, “Why does it have to be approved by this, this government forced trauma therapy session for someone to believe that i’m not lying?!”

“I don’t think you’re lying Nico.” sighs Doc Samson.

Nico leans forward in her seat, pointing at Doc Samson, “Yeah but you don’t believe I’m telling the truth either!” she spits. “Believe me i’d love nothing more but to say that it didn’t happen and be doped up on Adderall or whatever you got and so i’m not crazy and be content staring at padded walls all day, - but I can’t. Because I know what happened, I know and it tortures me!!”

“Nico…”

“I saved the universe.” Nico exclaims, “And killed evil monstrous mother who tried to end it...” she says, clutching her trembling hands as tears well in her eyes, “...it was an accident, I didn’t mean to. But it happened. And no amount of this trauma therapy can change that fact! That REALITY!”

“How do you know Nico?” Samson asks, “How do you know you could’ve done such a thing?”

Nico raises her tear-filled eyes to him, “Because I can smell her blood on my hands like it was yesterday. I can see her wretched face turned to side as her eyes frosted over almost every morning. And every night, I dream it, over and over again. I remember the same apocalyptic event that the Watcher caused everyone else to forget...

“...all of which could be hallucin…”

“....STOP calling me crazy.” Nico shouts, “I heard it enough from my friends back in Los Angeles!” she states, “And I’ll tell you, the same thing I told them, it happened, DEAL with it!.”

Doc Samson folds his brawny arms, arching his green eyebrow, “Do you want to be stuck like this forever? Ranting and raving over the same thing?”

“NO!” Nico screams, standing erect up from her seat as tears cascade down her face, “I want to be normal! You think I like feeling like i’m living outside my own body? Watching myself disintegrate before my own eyes in the bathroom mirror?! I can’t date. I can’t work. I’m a wreck!” she cries, “I HATE MY LIFE! I HATE MYSELF! I HATE EVERY SINGLE MINUTE OF HAVING BEEN A HERO! THAT…” she shouts, pointing to Samson, “Is my very real, truthful reality, Doc Samson!”

Hearing the soft ‘ding ding’ alarm from his phone, Doctor Samson glances over to his phone, tapping the screen.

“Alright Nico, that’s the end of our session.” Doc Samson states, watching Nico plop back down on the couch, covering her face, “You know as with all our sessions I like to end things on a ‘positive note’. I asked you to bring me a poem, or phrase to help keep you ‘level’ when you felt real low, and i’d bring one too. Did you do it?”

Folding her legs close to her chest, Nico wraps her arms around her legs, burying face into her knees, nodding a silent reply. Samson nods as well, “Okay, well that’s good. I share my first.It's a haiku I found online. It's called Negativity and Positivity Its goes this way:

Everywhere you go

There for all with beating hearts

Choose one and progress.--

Placing down his paper, Doc Samson sits back in his soft leather chair, “That’s what I had. Care to share yours?” he asks Nico. Lifting her eyes from behind her legs, Nico sees Doc Samson tilting his face to see her reaction. However Nico lets out a fluttered sigh as lets down her legs, nervously fumbling with her hands.

“Its called Horizon.” mumbles Nico, pulling out a rumbled napkin from the back of her black jeans. Lowering her eyes to it, Nico draws a nervous deep breath, “Its says:

I am the sun,

And you the sea.

That explains the nights,

You swallow me. --

Crumbling up the note, Nico simply flicks it to the floor as Doc Samson watches the crumpled paper roll to his foot. Silence settles between them as Doc Samson lifts his green eyes to Nico, wrapping herself in her arms as tears flood her eyes.

“Alright Nico alright. Let’s pick this up next week.”

~*~*~~*~

Sitting on a leather cushioned bench in a quiet lobby with multiple doors leading to dimly lit offices; a young girl wearing a pink puffer jacket, yellow scarf and blue and white star sweatpants, swings her white sneakered feet enthusiastically back and forth. Bobbing her head left to right while gesturing her hand in the air to the beat coming out her large headphones, the young girl comes to an abrupt stop as she suddenly sees a set of black boots stop in front of her.

Pulling off her headphones, the young girl quickly looks up to see Nico. Nico’s pointed face was despondent. Her wide set black mascara eyes, now a tint of pink. She watches Nico quitely pick up her black leather jacket thrown beside her before mumbly a raspy, “You ready Mol?”

“Ye-yeah.” she replies, hearing the sadness in her voice, “You okay?” she asks, gathering her things.

“I’m fine.” Nico sniffles, quickly wiping away a black mascara dyed teardrop from her cheek. “I’m sorry to make you wait for me while I do this stupid stuff.” she says, clearing her throat, “I know its not the way you expected to start your New York vacation.”

Sliding on her pink backpack, Molly nods at her, “I don’t care Nico. I rode on a train for the first time, that was freakin’ awesome! I never heard so many people swear.”

With that said, Nico and Molly proceed down the elevator and out the door, entering in amongst the herds of New Yorkers in Forty Second Street. Fading winter air relents to the spring warmth in the sun's glow. Brushing past packs of people walking to and fro, Molly gawks at everything in her view. Towering buildings, herds of New Yorkers filling the sidewalks, a sea of yellow taxis in the streets; Molly’s eyes feast on the sights and sounds stimulating all her senses at once. However, at Nico’s direction, Molly is pulled out the crowds and into small cafe. At the closing of the door behind them, sounds of the city is drowned out and replaced by the scream of espresso machines steaming milk and grinding coffee beans.

Making her way through the cafe, Molly follows behind Nico like a puppy through the establishment. Giving a general wave to one of the barista’s that wink at her, Nico continues her stride to a lone a wood table at the rear of the establishment. Sitting down, Molly watches Nico sit down in her seat as if relieved to be out of the building they left. Letting out a sigh of relief, Nico peers past Molly, making eye-contact again with the handsome barista in his black apron. With a simple gesture, Nico nods as he starts making her drink.

“So how you like New York?” Molly asks, “Better than Cali?”

Nico shrugs, “Yes and no.” she replies, “It's way too expensive and there’s no real beach and there always seems to be some explosion happening with so many men in tights flying around. But, its not why I came so, it is what it is.” she huffs.

Molly nods, folding her small hands, “I know. We miss you though. Gert, Karolina, Xavin…”

“Really?” Nico scoffs with a roll of the eyes. “The way we left things...” she recalls, her mind drifting momentarily before snapping herself out of it as the barista places a foamy cappuccino in front of her, “...I’m just sorry I left, the way I left.”

Molly’s eyes open wide at the sight of the scrumptious drink. “Well if it's for this thing, then I get it!”

Smirking at her reply, Nico nods, “Its my post-therapy treat. Edible consoling.”

“Oh.” Molly nods, “Why do you have to do that again?”

Nico rolls her eyes, “Because after the event that…” raising her hands up to make air quotes, “...‘never happened’ that ‘no one remembers’...” she says, “...the one other person that does know, got social services to get my name in their systems that I was a ‘runaway’, assumed I fell between the cracks and put me on government assistance. Catch is, therapy is mandated. I apparently have PTSD or whatever.”

“So have espn?” Molly asks.

Her questions makes Nico smirk momentarily, struggling to gulp down her coffee, quickly setting it down. “Post Traumatic Stress Mol, its a lil different.” Nico replies, “But it doesn’t matter. My ‘shrink’, Doc Samson, doesn’t believe me so it kinda…”

“Sucks.” Molly interrupts, sliding over Nico’s cup to her, “He should believe you. I do.” she says, sipping Nico’s cappuccino, “You never lie. Like, ever.” she says.

Nico cover her mouth as an uncontrollable smile comes across her face. Handing Molly a napkin Nico points to her, “You got a foam mustache.”

“Oh dangit.” Molly whines, rubbing off the milk foam from her lip, but then emphatically points at her, “SEE SEE you always tell the truth!”

Nico leans back, folding her arms as she stares at the table contemplatively, “Molly, can I ask you something?” she asks with a raised eyebrow.

“Yeah sure.”

“Why do you believe me?” Nico asks, “I mean like, no one, Xavin, Gert, Karolina no one remembers anything, do you remember how we saved the world?”

Molly shakes her head, “No. I mean, i wish I could. I try to imagine the stuff you tell me in my head. If you count that like kinda remembering I guess, I do but, not on my own. No.” she admits.

Nico nods, “So why do you believe me?” she asks, “I mean, you’re freakin’ thirteen you don’t have to care about this stuff or me.”

“But your my friend.” Molly plainly retorts. Her eyes fixed to Nico as if it was obvious no explanation was needed. Looking down at the foamy cappuccino, Molly stirs it with her small wooden stick. “I mean don’t friends do that? Like, believe each other even if the whole world doesn’t? You’ve been a good friend to me, always. An, well, the other guys are nice but, when I think of you, sometimes I wish you were my mom. Is that okay, to think that?” she asks with a tad of caution.

Nico lets out a deep sigh, feeling the weight of her simple words almost bring her to tears, “Yeah Mol, of course that’s okay.” he gulps, folding her arms, “It’s more than okay.”

Nodding her head happily, Molly smiles “Cool. So yeah, um, I believe you. I don’t care if you told me you saw a big bear wearing a pink tu-tu, I’d believe you.” she says, sipping Nico’s cappuccino again before cautiously looking up at Nico, “But you didn’t did you?” she worriedly asks.

“No Mol.”

Letting out a sigh of relief, Molly wipes her forehead, “Okay good.” she grins before turning serious, “Because that’d be horrible. Poor bear. I hate the circus.”

Nico shakes her head, “Okay, well, enough about this depressing topic. It's your first day in New York City. I’m sure you want to see a lot of stuff right.”

~*~*~*~*~

Meanwhile...SENTIENT WORLD OBSERVATION AND RESPONSE DEPARTMENT

AKA SWORD

No Caption Provided

Standing on the lone bridge overlooking the docking bay, Commander Abigail Brand slides her green hair behind her ears before tapping into her earpiece, “How did it go?”

*She’s still very insistent. I think we’ve gotten her to the point where she is stable enough to know she can’t express what she believes occured, but still believes it.*

“Good. Last thing we need is one person removing the veil of security.”

*Agreed. I mean, I didn’t believe Nico until you confirmed it but still, I’d rather have not known the world ended and was brought back. So I see your point. How are you doing?*

“I’m not your client samson. I’m just the one keeping tabs on the only person that can be a threat to our Planetary Security if she opens her big mouth.”

*And if you think a general concern into your well-being makes you my client, then maybe you do need to be one. Is it that stressful up there that you can’t tell the difference from a ‘hello and...*

“COMMANDER!”

Turning around to the wide open door, Abigail Brand watches a corporal agent run up to her. His face sweated, his eyes full of panic as he pants out of breath.

“I gotta go.” Brand says to Samson, hanging him up, “Speak Agent, cat got your tongue!”

Pointing behind him, the Officer shakes his head, “We have Level One Priority Breach over Earth.”

Stunned, Abigail body goes cold at his statement.

“Ma’am!”

Shaking it off, Abigail Brand takes off running past the agent. Sprinting out hanger balcony, Abigail reaches the dimly lit grey hallways that hold panoramic view of their location. Touching her earpiece, Abigail peers out the window, looking for any anomalies, “This is Abigail Brand to the “Peak Overwatch” what are you se….oh Hala” she gasps.

Peering out the window, Abigail Brand pulls off her dark glasses and touches her earpiece. A gaping swell of fear fills her stomach as her face grows firm.

No Caption Provided

“This is Commander Brand to all stations…” Abigail says in a stern voice, “...we have a Code Black, I repeat, we have a code black!”

To be continued….

#11 Edited by silverspidey (77 posts) - - Show Bio

CHAPTER III -

THE TEN MINUTE WAR

PT II - THREE MINUTE SURPRISE

S.W.O.R.D. SPACE STATION

No Caption Provided

“Some secrets were better left hidden.” she mutters as the saying skitters across her mind. The gentle reminder of what was told to her before she took her current station.

Abigail Brand stood in the center of the ‘War Room’s lacquered floor with immense ray-shielded windows overlooking Planet Earth. Earth’s gentle blue glow casts light in the wide-open space, casting everyone’s shadow on the floor while Abigail stands alone, massaging the bridge of her nose. Her frustrated sigh barely audible from the loud voices shouting over the communication channels.

Agencies were supposed to be secret, especially the ‘off-the-book’ type. Hence, The Sentient World Observation and Response Department, or SWORD, the fabled Off-World’orbital anti-terrorist space station that countered more hostile threats in a single afternoon then Earthbound agencies did in a decade, wrote the definition of ‘clandestine’. It fulfilled its purpose; allow everyone, and every hero, to believe they had a bigger role in saving their existence then they actually did. That is, until today.

Glancing at her watch, Abigail rolls her green eyes before raising them to to the 80 inch holographic screen in front of her.

“Ma’am.”

Glancing to her left, Abigail looks to a purple skinned humanoid with bright yellow eyes, handing her an electronic table. Her green irises dilate like a cat as she scans the screen.

Letting out a groan, Abigail pulls her eyes away from the tablet and turns her attention to the massive screen. Small four-by-six frames in the screen hold various Presidents, Generals, Secretaries of States, Emperors, Czars, Experts and the like, shouting at each other with red-faced passion.

“GENTLEMAN!” Abigail Brand shouts, touching a button on the table that mutes everyone.

Almost immediately everyone realizes their rendered exclusively to Abigail Brand’s voice coming over the feed. Looking to her, Abigail folds her arms with a coy smirk, “As much as I would love to hear you all curse at each in your own languages in an inaudible fashion…” she says, holding up her tablet, “...we have wasted three minutes with no ground gained. I’d like be productive, and share SWORD’s Analysis Brief.” she says.

Hearing footsteps beside her, Abigail glances over to Nick Fury. His dark skin reflecting the bluish hue from Earth’s reflection as he stands ominously in his long leather trench coat, black eye patch over his eye and his arms crossed.

Nodding to him, Abigail turns back to screens, “So, as of three minutes ago this opened up…”

“HOW COME WE DID NOT RECEIVE THIS SOONER!?” shouts the President of Germany, “How do we know we can even TRUST YOU! You existed all this time! How do we know you didn’t perpetrate this!”

Abigail arches her green eyebrow, “With all do respect, we can waste time figuring out if you can trust this quite high level clandestine agency, or I can just let you all get blown off your own planet.” she shrugs, “Unless you have a five way point plan to get off the planet, or is that just the deep level data on the structure of your European neighbors?” she asks to everyones very quiet response.

“Please Commander Brand…” the Prime Minister of Britain intervenes, “...we all need to hear this briefing. As you were. She says.”

Abigail shakes her head, “As I was saying, please look to your screens as I show the images.” she states, “As of, now four minutes ago, a fleet, dropped out of what could only be considered a Wormhole and over our planet. As seen here.”

No Caption Provided

“What for?” asks the President of Uganda.

Abigail rolls her eyes, “Why any other fleet of ships and war crafts come from the middle of nowhere to a full thriving planet....” she states, tapping a picture, “...an invasion.” she answers to everyone's mumbled concern. “Now our readings and schematics suggest these ships are arriving over strategized positions as you can see here at their first sighting over the Indian Ocean.” Abigail continues.

No Caption Provided

“Each of these arrow head like ships…” Abigail points out, “... span the length of at least three miles and each are twenty stories at a minimum. Encryption codes on these ships are light years ahead to ours, so hacking them’s impossible.” she explains, “Additionally, each ships power readings indicate they are class way above any nuclear response we could launch at them.”

“How sure are you that a Nuclear Option would be ineffective?” asks China’s Emperor.

Abigail points to the image, “Because most, if not all, Alien Civilizations outside our own solar system, consider nuclear energy as archaic as we do cavemen.” she explains, “But these ships, are among the most advance in our galaxy, and we know most.” she answers, “Which leads to how they geniusly positioned themselves:

“...we have one in Paris France…”

No Caption Provided

“...another in the mountains over Zurich, Switzerland…” Abigail continues.

No Caption Provided

“One right over China’s South Province...”

No Caption Provided

“...two in Baghdad with smaller fighters soaring over the city. Guess who they’re blaming?”

No Caption Provided

“The Caspian Sea…”

No Caption Provided

“...And of course…” Abigail sighs, “...two in Washington D.C. conveniently over the pentagon, not to mention…”

No Caption Provided

“...one right over the freaking White House.” Abigail states.

No Caption Provided

“The Largest of these ships however...” Abigail sighs, “...landed over part of New Jersey beside Manhattan.” she says.

No Caption Provided

“It's almost the size of the entire island as you can see in this satellite view, we've picked that a cannon shot from this ship struck South of Manhattan the moment the wormhole opened up.” she explains.

SWORD SPACE STATION

No Caption Provided

Removing the images from the screen, Abigail hands over her tablet to an agent behind her, “They may seem to be positioned randomly, but it is quite genius.” she states. “Each ship..” Brand continues, “...is positioned over Fault Lines that, if fired on, would decimate all of Earth’s major cities with Earthquakes alone.” Abigail Brand reveals.

“So, that’s the report. Do I dare ask if they’re any questions to this dismal situation?” she asks.

The silence coming from all the monitors settles and seemingly sits between everyone in screens, not daring to ask the obvious question on their minds.

“And I should be clear…” Abigail says, “...the largest ship in Manhattan is not over a fault line.” she clarifies.

“Perhaps this is their way of a studying us?” asks the French Prime Minister, “Maybe they are trying to help us with our planet?”

The statement causes Abigail to take in a hiss of a breath. before glancing look over to Nick Fury standing quietly on her left. Letting out a calm breath, Abigail fixes her attention to the group like an aggravated teacher to a class.

“With all due respect Prime Minister.” Abigail huffs, “This is an invasion.” she spits, “It is hostile, as hostile as i’ve every seen and they’re doing it in expert time. The only reason we’re not all dead, is because…” she says, pointing to the massive ship in New York, “...that ship is after something. But make no mistake, once it leaves, people will die. Evacuation needs to be our top priority” she sternly advises.

“What exactly did they attack South of Manhattan?” asks the Vice President of the United States, “Avengers Tower? For if this is an Avengers issue, evacuation is off the table, we can hold them accountable.” he counters.

Glancing over to Nick Fury who nods at her, Abigail looks back to them, “They attacked the home of Stephen Strange, well, the entire block." she says

"We know that Stephen has 'talents' to prevent this." Nick Fury states, "...but SHIELD intel theorized that attacks from other dimensions, such as in this case, would make Stephen vulnerable, and someone else, proved us right.” he explains.

“What do you think they want?” asks the Canadian Prime Minister.

At that moment, Abigail hears her phone ring. Pulling out a burner phone from her pocket, her face turns grim as she listens before glancing over to Nick Fury, “Its New York, they breached the lair."

~*~*~**~Meanwhile, In New York City, Under the Remains of Sanctum Sanctorum~*~*~*~

“This way.”

The dim tunnel stretched into darkness of what seemed like an infinite tunnel. The brick walls had stretched up from the dusty concrete floor and arched over the Death Troopers. Newly formed cracks sifting dust down from the ceiling were the new additions. Muffled screams and wailing sirens all seemed distant the further the troopers continued in the tunnel behind the Emperor. Their black soulless and expressionless masks reflect the dim light as the sound of their muffled respirators fill the air with sound.

Following behind Darth Sidious, the ten Death Troopers walk behind him with blasters in hand. The smell of burning rubble fades the more Sidious enters the sheer darkness of the tunnel beneath the dwelling of Stephen Strange.

Glancing over his shoulder, Darth Sidious looks to the Death Troopers behind him. His face, covered by his elaborate black hood, Darth Sidious yellow eyes narrow at the sight of Stephen Strange, unconscious. The deep red gash bled significantly, coating the entire right side of his face red with blood. Having been dragged this far, Darth Sidious looks ahead, knowing time is of the essence.

Looking ahead into the darkness, Darth Sidious looks to one of the Death Troopers, “Trooper 2561. Your torch.” he orders..

Promptly, the Death Trooper shines the light on his shoulder, illuminating a matte black iron door at the end of the hallway. Closing his eyes, Darth Sidious lets out a satisfying groan, “Can you feel it?” he says to the Death Troopers, settling his gaze upon the door, “The Dark Side is strong with him.” he says.

Outstretching his hand, Darth Sidious balls up a fist, causing the metal door to scream as its crushed off its hinges, floated off the floor and balled into a crinkle iron mass. Thrusting his wrist forward, Darth Sidious watches the iron door shoot into the dim room. Coming to the front of the doorway, Sidious stalks to the doorway, peering inside. His gaze lowers, seeing something cowering in the far corner.

“There you are. We do not have much time.” Darth Sidious grins, raising one finger, “Just one moment.”

Turning his attention to the Death Troopers, Sidious narrows his eyes at them, “How much time we do we have before the Death Star is charged?” he asks.

“Just under six minutes left sir but...” replies a Death Trooper.

“Then commence Order Twenty Six.” interrupts Sidious, waving his hand at them to leave him alone, “Hold a perimeter in the street, I do not want to be disturbed.” he states.

Turning back to the cell, Sidious motions his hand in a ‘calling’ form towards the officers, summoning Stephen Strange’s limp body the floor. Floating over to Sidious before dropping before his feet, Darth Sidious looks to the figure in the cell, cowering in the dark, “Now, Mister Reynolds, let’s talk about your future.”

to be continued....

#12 Edited by silverspidey (77 posts) - - Show Bio

CHAPTER III

THE TEN MINUTE WAR

PT III - Prelude

January 2016 - New Years Day. While millions celebrate around the world the start of a New Year, someone else celebrates a Cosmic Event unseen in a millennia. A Birth Star, a singularity event that rips, expands and develops new, uncharged sections of Outer Space, has occurred in Universe 616 over Planet Earth. This unnoticed but awe inspiring event, draws the attention of the one and only - Uatu the Watcher.

Seeing this Birth Star strikes dread in Uatu, for he knows that this Birth Star has the force to eradicate all planets nearby as it expands all visible space. Hence, to save Earth Uatu, against the rules of what a Watcher must do - interferes and tries to quell the threat. However, upon approaching the Birth Star, Uatu experiences an ancient forgotten power through the Birth Star overwhelming his Cosmic Awareness. Strange in its nature, Uatu sees this Birth Star is perhaps connected to another universe.

Feelings of pain and suffering come through the star as Uatu struggles to close it with his significant power, not wanting two alien universes to be connected, until that is, he hears a cry for help echos through the star. Puzzled, Uatu's cosmic awareness reaches out. Sensing fear, pain, and suffering on other side of this Birth Star, Uatu forces the Star's energy portal open. Boldly hurtling himself into portal, Uatu goes where no other Watcher has gone, endeavoring to save those in need.

Upon exiting the other side of the Birth Stars portal at its origin point, Uatu is now in a different universe. However, the Pain, the suffering, the darkness he felt, is concentrated to Metal Planet before him. Sensing his power is diminishing, Uatu is suddenly overwhelmed by the same ancient power he felt previous from the birth star. Only now, one hundred times more in strength, and rendering him unconscious.

Later, Uatu awakens chained and confined to a Power Draining Engine in a darkened room. In the shadows, a disfigured man with fiery eyes in a cloak identifies himself to Uatu as known other than Darth Sidious.

Sidious reveals an ancient fable shared only to Masters of the Dark Side. Once upon a time, all 'force users' went to War with Celestial Beings wielding a Power Cosmic. Although the Force was more powerful than the Celestials, they had the numbers, and the Force and its users were banished.

Having found evidences of truth in this fable, Sidious used his power to create a 'Force Storm' with all of his power to breach Time and Space and hopefully attract something/someone else, just powerful enough to unwittingly open it from their side. Now that Uatu has cracked that divide between two worlds, Sidious amplifies himself by draining Uatu's of his Power Cosmic, taking it via his Power Drain Engine.

Transferring the power to himself, Sidious is now rendered youthful, invigorated and proceeds to aggressively invade Uatu's mind with the Dark Side. Mercilessly tearing Uatu's apart for information, Sidious forces Uatu to rip a path open to Universe 616, killing Uatu in the process. With Uatu's body now a husk and Sidious still processing the wealth of knowledge he has acquired, he orders Uatu's eyes and brain to be 'bio-interface' or extracted and converted into data.

Darth Sidious now youthful, swelled with knowledge of another universe, a full Galactic Armada around him at the ready, a fully functional Death Star at his disposal and aboard his Eclipse-class Dreadnought - armed to end a planet - Sidious prepares everyone for full-scale invasion of another universe.

Knowing his Campaign for Galactic Supremacy has key threats on Earth that could stop him in his tracks, Sidious plans a guerrilla type approach to his war and free allies to his cause.

Thus, Sidious, orders a 'Hyperjump' to Earth. Breaching Earth's atmosphere with no warnings for SHIELD or SWORD alike. Taken off-guard, Sidious allots ten minutes to 'free' Dark Side users from Planet Earth before its be destroyed.

His first attack - the destruction of the Sanctum Sanatorium for its prisoner in the basement, the oldest dark-side user in the history of the Marvel Universe known to Sidious - The Void.

to be continued in Part IV of Star Wars - The Campaign Dec 3rd

#13 Edited by silverspidey (77 posts) - - Show Bio

CHAPTER III -

THE TEN MINUTE WAR

PT III - Surprise Attack

S.W.O.R.D. SPACE STATION

No Caption Provided

NEW YORK - 3 Minutes After Global Invasion

Screams, police sirens, ambulance wails and the sound of news choppers hovering in the air fill all of New York City. Mass panic spreads throughout the city like a virus. Pushing grounds running into subways, angered drivers stuck in blocks of piled-up traffic yelling at the top of their lungs adds the City’s overall atmosphere. The streets jammed pack with fleeing crowds, towering buildings once glistening in the sunlight, now cut deep shadows onto the public as a massive Star Destroyer floats over the East River.

Standing in a trashy alleyway, Nico Minoru stares up at the monstrous sight of the spacecraft. Fear and horror fill her soul as she gawks at it. She was done with space crafts. She was done with anyone outside of the ordinary and this was far past her threshold.

With a phone to her ear, Nico remains in a trance like state as she stares up at the floating ships like a fly mesmerized by the light its drawn to.

“Who are you calling Nico?”

Snapping herself out of her thoughts, Nico turns to Molly, staring at the immense ship before looking to her.

Nico gulps, turning her attention back to the ship, “The only person who knows what I know and more.” she replies before hearing the ringing line, get answered.

“Hello?” Nico says, cupping her hand around the end of the phone, “Are you seeing this?!”

~Have they started attacking New York yet?~

Nico throws her hands up in the air, her face washing over with disbelief, “What do you think! Its a mess here!” she replies.

~But have they started firing down on the City?!~

Molly looks to Nico, seeing her lean against a brick wall of a building, trying to hold herself up as she turns pale, “Nico is everything…”

Holding up her finger, Nico looks to Molly sternly as she tries to focus her thoughts, “Abigail, what is going on?” ” she says, “Does this have to do with what we…”

~This has nothing to do with us as far as I can tell. Just listen to me, every city is getting leveled, it just started. Before fire starts raining down from heaven, you have to get somewhere safe, I have to go.~

Feeling her entire body trembling, Nico turns to the wall as anger bubbles up from inside her with intensity, “NO! You do NOT get to just blow me off! I have NO WAY OUT OF HERE!” she shouts, glancing over to Molly standing behind her, on pins and needles to find out the entirety of the conversation, “I have someone with me. Don't You have, can’t you call the Avengers or something…”

~The avengers are fighting a lost cause. I have your location, your on Bond Street and Lafayette, there’s a construction site and a white storage container unit on it. Get to Bleeker Street, and into the container. There's a small transport vessel on that construction property. Get to it and whatever you do, if you can...~

Hearing the line go dead, Nico looks at the phone. Dead.

“NICO!”

Hearing Molly’s scream, Nico looks to her pointing down out the alley as all the lights go dark with a harmonious sound of electrical transformers shutting down across the city.

Panic stricken, Molly looks to Nico, “What’s going on?”

Grabbing Molly’s hand, Nico runs, “MOVE!” she shouts in panic.

Throwing one leg in front of the other, Nico races with Nico out the alleyway and into the maddening street. Wall to wall with people, Nico looks to Molly, “DON’T LET GO OF MY HAND!” she shouts.

The sheer amount of bodies shuffling about renders Molly and Nico into a near claustrophobic scenario. Panic sets into the sea of people as everyone almost comes to halt as something streaks past the avenue on Broadway garnering everyone’s head-turned attention.

Cheers erupt. Two-fingered whistles from people pierce the air. Looking over their raised hands, Nico and Molly see Iron Man, streak over the crowd with Spider-man swinging behind him. Blazing past in a bolt of lightning, Thor whizzes by soon followed by a metal ship with a SHIELD logo on its side, all heading to the Ship.

“Crap.”

Molly looks up at Nico, nibbling nervously on her lip.

“Its okay Nico, the Avengers are here.”

Nico looks down at her with a look of dread, “When an Avenger comes to a fight…” she says to her, “...its the last place anyone need to be.”

Feeling the tug on her arm, Nico looks to Molly pointing at a restaurant.

“We can cut through the back of the buildings, like in L.A.” Molly suggests.

Looking ahead to the still moving crowd raising their phones to get a picture, Nico nods to her advice, pushing her along, “Alright let's go.” .

~*~*~*~Meanwhile…~*~*~*~

Emerging from a massive gaping hole among the remains of Dr. Strange’s Sanctum Sanctum, Darth Sidious steps out between two massive piles of rubble. The smell of burning debris and thick smoke stings his nostrils. The sound of distant cries of children and adult alike fill his ears. However, the wailing sirens of police and fire trucks all become drowned out from the constant explosions rumbling the city under foot.

To Sidious contentment, he raises his yellow eyes to his ship ‘The Executor’ engines roaring with power as it lifts into the orange sky and over the shredded skyscrapers in Manhattan. The exposed bright blue circular turbines on his ships underbelly vibrates the air with power while red laser fire zips out from the side of the ships sharp edges. Cascading over the city like a meteor shower, red blaster fire shoots over Central Park and touches down on Manhattan’s Uptown area with a thunderous boom swiftly followed by black smoke rising into the orange sky.

It was all familiar, the fall of a city and rise of a new power. His power. Until he removed all obstacles.

As the consistent and uncompromising bombardment of destruction trembles the city, felt under his feet, Darth Sidious turns his attention to the mountainous pile of debris leading to the street. However to his mild surprise, Sidious narrows his yellow red eyes at the sight of his Death Troopers, all clad in black are scattered dead in the street with Police Officers. With a growl Sidious hastily stalks down to pavement.

His yellowish eyes scour over the scene. Smoke rises off the slain officers charred chests while bullet holes fill the Death troopers; Sidious caring little for firefight that inevitably left no survivors, Sidious groans, irritated that the feeling as if spying eyes were watching him attentively.

Promptly, Sidious raises his yellow eyes upwards, focusing to the edge of a brownstone home rooftop. There, on the shadowy ledge behind a gargoyle, Sidious narrows his eyes at the discreet shadowy silhouette of a man with the orange sky behind him, touching side of his ear before quickly disappearing from view.

“Curious are we.” snarls Sidious, lifting his open palm over his head before balling a fist.

Immediately, the concrete edge of the rooftop explodes. Chunks of concrete and fine bits a like, fall the street towards Sidious who spots the mysterious figure plummeting to the ground amongst the debris, thrust out a device similar to a grappling hook. As the line from the grappling hook is shot from the mysterious figure, on the ground, Sidious simply gestures his two fingers down, yanking the figure out the air, snapping the grappling hook line and the man slamming him into the street with enough force to break the pavement .

Clad in red, the mystery man's agonizing screams of pain bring an uncontrolled smile Sidious face as he approaches him. Narrows his eyes at the sight of Daredevil’s broken body twitching in the caved in pavement as he cries out a horrible agony, Sidious stands several feet away from.

“Interesting.” Sidious comments, calling him over with a gesture of his finger.

Using force, Sidious drags Daredevil’s broken body across the pavement slowly, savoring each howl of pain he makes. Holding up his finger, Sidious lifts Daredevil’s tattered body off the ground. Dardevil's mask half torn, blood coming from between his bared teeth, Sidious looks upon him with disappointment as their face to face, “So this is the devil of Hell kitchen, in red.” he huffs.

“I assume you cannot see Mister Murdock…” Sidious states “...but I wonder if it is by means of the force that you see? Or is it by some other means?” he wonders.

“LET HIM GO!”

Suddenly two white energy blasts streak across and explode on both sides of Darth Sidious!

Holding up his hand as the burning embers from the explosion sizzle on his force shield, Sidious narrows his eyes at the sight of Iron Man dropping out the sky and landing in the street with a thud on his knee and fists. Dropping down beside him with a heavier ‘krug’ rumbling the street, Thor landing with his crackling hammer in hand beside Hercules. Floating over all of them, Sidious catches sight of Vision narrowing his steely gaze.

Peering past Vision, Sidious sees in the orange sky, an immense helicopter floating high over New York City, exchanging fire with his ship Executor with crackles of electricity dancing across the translucent shield protecting both their ships.

However, catching his attention, Sidious spots a black Quinjet roaring towards him between the buildings. Swiftly the Quinjet and comes to a roaring halt hovering overhead Iron Man and Thor. Sidious watches the small Quinjet's black underbelly open with Captain America, Black Widow, Hercules and Falcon all dropping out to the street.

Landing beside Iron Man, Captain America can hardly believe his eyes at the sight of Daredevil’s battered body, writhing in pain as he gags in the air beside the mysterious foe. The body of dozens of slain police officers laid beside unrecognizable storm troopers with Stephen Strange’s home laid to waste behind the mysterious hooded foe.

Captain America’s eyes ignite with anger as he points to him, “I'm not in the habit of trouncing old men…” Steve Rogers says, “...but unless you end all this, I WILL!" ”

His statement makes Sidious arch his eyebrow as he drops Daredevil onto his knees, gasping for air.

“Your confidence is inspiring.” Sidious replies, “But nothing will stop my Campaign. It is destiny.” he states.

“Destiny?!” Thor exclaims, “Earth is under Asgardian Protection you fool!"

Sidious arches his eyebrow, “Asguardian, Kree, Inhuman, whatever you may be, all things bow before the DARKSIDE!” he barks, "And your efforts Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Odinson, Natasha Romanov, Clint Barton, Colonel Rhodes and the Synthetic human…” Sidious declares to all the stunned statement, “...are are all less than pointless."

Hercules glances at Stark “He knows of our names.” he scoffs.

"Good." Natasha replies, "That way he can get my name right when he tells his friends who broke his hip for hurting Matt." she spits, "NOW STEP AWAY FROM DAREDEVIL!" she shouts, cocking her guns.

"Look you evil Bernie Sanders..." Iron Man spits as he lifts up his face-place, "...I've already triangulated your global command that went out from your on-person transmitter." Stark reveals, "In thirty seconds, a 'retreat' will be sent out to your ships, they'll leave, you'll be stuck here, and this campaign of yours will be over quicker than it started - don't make this get any more ugly than it has to be." he confidently states, "You came against the Avengers, its inevitable you'll lose!"

Darth Sidious arches his eyes at Iron Man’s comment, and points to the rubble that was the home of Stephen Strange , "Inevitability is your hubris." Sidious replies, "Inevitability was your arrival. But if you do you believe that an attack of this magnitude across your planet within five minutes of my arrival would hinge..." he says, holding up to them a transmitter between his fingers, "...on this?" he scoffs, crushing the transmitter in his hands, "Than you are a further disappointment than I realized."

“You wanted us here?” Captain America realizes.

"No." Vision answers, looking upon Sidious deathly glare, "He wanted his biggest threats, here.” Vision corrects.

"Don't flatter yourself droid!!” snaps Sidious. “I am here only to offer you all a choice.” he growls.

Captain America, seeing Spider-Man stealthily crawl down a building behind Sidious and leap onto telephone pole, tries to buy more time, "And that is what exactly?!" Rogers asks.

“To have peace!” Sidious proudly exclaims, "I have gained knowledge of your world. World Ending Event after Event is ALL YOU ARE!." he yells, "Your world and many others like, will die without the guidance of the power that many a millennia ago was exiled. The Dark Side." he states.

"Could you have picked a more EVIL name?!" scoffs Tony, turning to Thor but remains silent at seeing Thor's face grow very concerned and grim.

"It is only by the Power of the Darkside can I this world and others.." continues Sidious, "...but first, I must punish those who shall stand between my Sith Empire and ..." he says. raising up his finger, "...let say, true peace." he grins, as Daredevil's lifted off the ground, gagging for air.

Stepping ahead of Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanov aka Black Widow parts her red hair from her face and promptly aims her pistol straight at Sidious face, “How bout I give you a piece of something!!” she counters, cocking her gun with a coy smile.

“Are you threatening me Miss Romanov?” growls Sidious, curling his two fingers together, causing Daredevil to gag as he tightens his telekinetic ground around his neck.

“SITH!" yells Thor as everyone looks to him, "...take this one warning" he threatens, "LEAVE and never return, or by the power of Odin and Mjolnir I shall break more than thy hip and spirit!” he warns.

Shaking his head, Sidious frees both his hands from his long sleeves as two mysterious metal cylinders zip into his grip as he grins madly, "In that case, as Emperor of the Galactic Empire and true Personification of the Darkside, I sentence you all to Death for underestimating the POWER OF THE DARKSIDE!” he shouts, igniting both his bright cardinal red lightsabers before swiftly spinning around and cutting Daredevil in two!

“MAATT!” Natasha screams, tearfully firing her gun as Daredevil’s two halfs drop to the ground. Promptly, Sidious points his red lightsaber and holds up his finger, telekinetically throwing back the bullets she fired.

“TAKE'EM OUT!” shouts Captain America, holding up his shield as he jumps in front of Black Widow with the bullets riddling his shield!

Hearing Cap's order Sidious eyes scours over his personal battlefield. Thor spins his hammer with veracity before bolting ahead at him, leaping across the ground in a single bound alongside Hercules. Iron Man plants his feet on the ground, charging a powerful energy surge in his chest plate. Feeling another disturbance, Sidious senses Spider-Man from behind, lunging straight for him. Falcon streaks up into the air, firing down at him, while Vision, wisely remains poised, waiting for a key moment to attack.

Drawing a breathe and using his ‘force speed’, feeling as if has slowed to a crawl, "APPRENTICE!" Sidious screams out!

At that moment the ground thuds as a blurring yellow flash bashes Thor across the face, rocketing him straight up into Falcon before an equally swift force bashes Hercules across his face, sending him straight through the street and into a subway tunnel as the ion beam bursts out Iron Man's chest and explodes on Darth Sidious!

Covering their eyes from the immense bright explosion from Iron’ Man’s chestplate, the smoke filling the street is suddenly dissipated away with a ‘woosh’. A sudden pit of dread fills Captain America’s gut. Black Widow’s eyes open wide in shock, as she stands on her feet, unable to believe her eyes.

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” Steve Rogers gasps.

As smoke rises off his muscled body, the large 'S' sign glows a yellow light as his blue cape remains draped behind his back. Darth Sidious incessant cackling echoes down the street as he stands behind Robert Reynolds, the sandy haired forgotten hero standing protectively in front of Sidious.

His eyes black, with pin-hole sized red irises, locked on Rogers and his fists, balled into fists.

“Meet one of the many starved users of the Dark Side in your dimension…” Sidious grins, “...Darth Void.” He declares.

Captain America looks to Vision, “TELL SHIELD WE HAVE A CODE BLACK SITUATION. CALL CAROL AND BLUE MARVEL HERE NOW!” he shouts.

“APPRENTICE!” Sidious declares, getting everyone’s attention as Void shifts his red eyes to Sidious.

"Yes My Master." he replies.

Sidious looks the group of heroes with glee, “Kill them all.” he growls.

Slowly turning his gaze to Iron Man, Darth Void, narrows his red eyes, “Gladly, my master.”

to be continued

Sw Isd Imperial Star Destroyer Over Manhattan. is a photograph by HQ Photo

#14 Posted by silverspidey (77 posts) - - Show Bio

CHAPTER III - THE TEN MINUTE WAR

PT IV - THE SIXTH MINUTE

Wiping the sweat from her brow, Abigail Brand grips the edge of her glass workstation, keeping her eyes peeled to the cracked glass monitor. The glow of orange flames surrounds her, tinting everything in her sight fiery orange. The immense heat filling the Command space becomes nothing less than sweltering. Barely able to breath and struggling to keep her footing, Abigail looks behind her, watching chairs, debris and computer stations all fall to the floor and slide to into an enormous void of fire blackening the walls as the entire satellite base breaks apart. Hearing the sudden high pitch scream of turbines whizzing past, Abigail briefly catches sight of thousands of TIE fighters pouring out from the bottom of another Star Cruiser.

Touching her earpiece, Abigail Brand quickly types on the holographic keyboard, “This Commander Abigail Brand of the SWORD AGENCY!” she exclaims, “I am opening all COMMS to all agencies across the globe, SWORD HAS FALLEN! I REPEAT, SWORD HAS FALLEN!”

No Caption Provided

Jumping onto the glass touch panel below the monitor, Abigail curls up as a large beam engulfed in flames crashes down behind her. Abigail Brand turns to the window, focusing on Earth.

“As we speak, aircraft's from around the world will be launching the largest aerial battle in this history of mankind.” Abigail declares, “Mankind, a word that should have new meaning to all of you today. For today, we do not fight against tyranny or against oppression but annihilation!” she says, grabbing onto the panel with all her might as the entire space station leans towards the Earth.

“SWORD may fall today, but anyone can pick it up and wield it with power of army if they chose too. So i challenge you all, to pick up where this sword will fall, and fight! DO NOT let them bring the night upon mankind! Rage against the light, RAGE AGAINST THE----”

Suddenly Abigail sees a brightening red glow bathe everything in the crumbling command center, “Oh my…”

MEANWHILE ON EARTH....

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Standing on the command deck, the immense deep pit before him, filled with agents decked in blue uniform faded into the background. Grabbing onto the railing with all his strength as the ship rattles and trashes about with deafening ‘booms’ Nick’s Fury eye remains locked with intensity at the sight on his screen broadcasting SWORDs orbital satellite exploding in a flurry of green laser fire.

“ABIGAAIL!!!” Nick Fury shouts, punching the screen,

“SIR WE’RE LOSING ENGINE ONE AND FOUR…” shouts Agent Derek, “We’re taking too much damage these fighter planes are too fast for our guns to handle!”

Raising his attention from the screen, Nick Fury looks to windows, watching the whizzing TIE fighters zip by at mind blowing speeds. The deafening sound of constant machine guns and blaster fire from the Helicarrier fills Nick Fury’s ears with noise. However, everyone watches as a Star Destroyer, holding a motionless position high above in the blue sky, open the bottom of its under belly with more TIE fighters pouring out like bees from a hive, heading straight for them.

“PITCH THE HELICARRIER TO THE WATER NOW.” Fury orders, before hitting a comm button that goes to all speakers, “THIS IS COLONEL FURY, ABANDON SHIP! I REPEAT, ABANDON SHIP! AND PREP THE ZEPHYR” he exclaims.

Storming away from the command station, Nick Fury races through the ‘whooshing’ doors and into the hallway filled with Agents running for escape pods. Explosions and quaking rattle the ship, throwing Nick off his balance ashe grabs onto a railing. Presses his earpiece, Nick looks out the window beside him, seeing the entire ship lean towards a massive river, “MARIA…” he calls out, “..WE’RE GOING DOWN!.”

GOBI DESERT - SHIELD CRISIS BUNKER

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Standing in the dark room observing the myriad of broadcasting screens on the wall, Maria Hill touches her earpiece, “I see you Fury. You’re heading to the Potomac River. But once you land those TIE fighters ‘will’ converge on your location…”

~I know, i’m boarding a ship now before we crash, what’s the update, where are the Thunderbolts?~

“Thunderbolts joined Captain Britain British Forces on the European front once Spain and France were leveled.” Maria replies, “War Machine joined with Omega Flight and the Canadian Military to prevent a campaign flanks the States.” she informs him, “But with SWORD gone, the Alpha Flight Space Program is in no position to stop these Star Destroyers. Carol Danvers coming from deep space now but no one can deploy their small fighters.” she states, “Our attackers are scattering like roaches; bombarding every non capital city on the Planet.” she finishes.

“Did you see the SWORD station?” Fury asks, “Something else it took out SWORD and it came from within portal!”

Maria slides her finger across her tabletop screen, revealing a map of the United States with two dots swiftly moving across the map towards New York. “No I was in the bathroom, OF COURSE I SAW IT?!!” she replies in frustration, “Something else is coming through that portal but everyone is still scrambling to put on underwear let alone get up to space to fight what’s trying to kill us right now!”

*Have Avengers assets mobilized yet?”

“Monica Rambeau, Wonder Man and Miguel Santos aka Living Lightning just got word their heading over our atmosphere. ” Hill states, “They’ll link up with whoever’s left from Alpha Flight and launch a sweeping assault over the Western Hemisphere.” she says, “In D.C. Red Hulk and his U.S. Avengers and War Machine are in a full-scale battle-zone in front of the White House struggling against whatever aerial superiority we just lost, oh yeah, our Air Force is gone!”

*What about our allies?” asks Fury.

“Ma’am’...” interrupts an Agent as he turns away from his computer to her, “...Unity Avengers team just took down a ship in Utah.” he reports

No Caption Provided

Pointing to the screen, Maria narrows her eyes, “Put out a call to every mercenary in Madripoor…” Hill orders, “...one hundred million dollar reward to the team that goes through that ship and makes sure nothing walks out!!” she points.

“Instead of calling mercenaries Maria, you should be calling in our heavy hitters.” Nick asks.

“Look Nick…” Maria aggravated groans, “...we just got sneak attacked by more than ten ships with a collective signatures able to take our planet. They’ve blinded us, they’re crippling us and currently sending two flank squadrons at the U.S. to both coasts, all within FIVE minutes…” she explains, “...so sue me for delegating.” Maria snaps.

*This is a lot of planning for five minutes Maria* Nick counters, *And it all started when that ship in New York took out Stephen Strange non-existent house. Last I check before we went down, that ship, started lifting off the city, if that thing leaves the planet, I have a feeling we’re...”

“Nick? NICK!” Maria Hill shouts before turning to an agent, “What happened?”

“An E.M.P just went off from five Star Destroyers over New York CIty.” The agent replies, “The entire East Coast just went into a blackout.”

Maria HIll balls up a fist before kicking a desk, “SOMEONE GET ME EYES AND EARS THERE NOW!”

“Ma’am’...” calls out an agent, “...I have a transmission from the ‘X-Men Gold Team and Blue Team…” he says skeptically, “... they saying they’re on route to backup the Avengers Unity Squad. E.T.A five minutes.”

“Commander Hill!” interrupts an agent.

Turning around, Maria Hill catches sight of an agent holding up his tablet, “Singapore, Japan and China governments forces just got wiped out and the aerial squad that ‘hit’ them, is heading to the U.S. now.”

“Jeezus…” grumbles Hill.

“COMMANDER!” shouts another Agent, “San Francisco just reported a Star Destroyer entering the Bay Area and firing down on civilians.”

No Caption Provided

Maria points to the screen, “Get whatever allied fighters we have in the skies over Canada West coastline to get down to the California to back up the X-Men and Unity Squad! We lose that Coast, we’re cornered in the East.”

“Ma’am!” exclaims an officer, pointing at his screen, “A small craft shot just shot out of the same portal the rest of these ships came from. They just broke over the Pennsylvania and, and…” stutters the officer, his face washing over with a skeptical look.

“SPIT IT OUT DAVIS!” Maria shouts.

“Its..” Agent Davis continues, “...its just shot down a bunch of its own fighters just because they were in the way…”

Storming over to him, Maria Hill pushes him aside and hunches to his screen to see with her own eyes, “This is Hill to all open channels…” she announces, “...I got a bogey coming in hot from the atmosphere. That ship must be a high-ranking officer and its headed over to New York City from the South.” Maria states, tracking it via the satellites as ship moves fast over the midwest, “Can somebody take it out!”

*This is Quinjet 009. We have the bogey in sight...*

Maria Hill looks to the large wall screen, “Agent identify yourself.” she orders.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

“What?! You don’t recognize our sunshine demeanor voice?” Phil Coulson says.

“This is Agent May and Coulson ” answers Agent May, “And whatever just came down, it broke up into three ships, its coasting past Lady Liberty, we’re in engaging .” she adds.

No Caption Provided

Descending out the clouds at high speed, Agent May hears the loud ‘BOOM’ around the Quinjet as they break into Mach 2. Sucked in her chair, Agent May’s face firms as their craft picks up speed. Tapping the touch screen panel, Agent Coulson watches two joysticks extend out dashboard and flip up to him.

“They’re hitting Mach 4, we’re gonna lose’em!.” Coulson states.

“Not today.” May replies, bringing the red throttle lever beside her forward.Trees below them turn into a green blur as Coulson grunts in discomfort as the Quinjet blasts forward. Sucked harder into their seats, May shifts in her seat with discomfort. The speedy quinjet puts a strain on the body as they roars past a bridge, pulling off the top of trees in its wake. Fire roars out the rear propulsion, careening faster headlong into the distance towards the mysterious three ships that continue steadfastly in one direction.

Seeing their target in sight and over a forest area with no civilians, May nods to Phil, “Fire when you have a…”

Before she can finish, two of the small tie-fighters abruptly barrel roll in opposite directions, while the middle streaks up to the blue sky.

“Crap!” May fusses, pulling the yoke towards her and arcing up the nose of their speedy quinjet.

Feeling as if he fell deeper in his seat, Phil braces himself as May rockets them upwards to the overcast sky. Peering out the window beside him, Coulson narrows his eyes seeing the other ships that peeled off, “May we got two bogeys at our rear!” he warns.

“I know, I Know!!” May replies.

*Agent May what’s your status!!* Maria Hill asks over the comm.

“SINGLE AND NOT DYING!” shouts May as the entire quinjet rumbles from turbulence as they rapidly ascend higher and higher into the overcast sky “COULSON, SHOOT THIS GUY DOWN!” she shouts.

“ON IT!” exclaims Coulson, pulling on the triggers.

Coulson unleashes a barrage of machine gun fire from the belly of the quinjet. Hundreds of bright orange fiery bullets hurdle through the sky at the nimble speedy TIE fighters that defies all laws of avionics, twirling around like a spinning top before abruptly, changing course to a straight nose dive!

Suddenly alarms ring out. Coulson eyes zip to the pulsating red indicator light, “Missile lock, the ships behind us!” he exclaims.

“Hang on!”” May exclaims, quickly veering the ship left. Sucked into her seat, May strains as she puts them in a steep descent. A deafening hiss passes them as they turn. Seeing two missiles miss them and continue to space, Coulson concentrates firing at the extremely nimble ships dodging every shot as they barrel down to the water, “May these two ships behind us aren't’ going anywhere we gotta shake’em.”

“I’m gonna try something.” May exclaims, swerving quinjet into a sharp left steep turn.

Barely able to stay in his seat, Coulson looks to her with concern, “Whatever it is, do it before this ship reaches Manhattan!” Coulson replies as they pass over Staten Island.

“Reeeady…” May says over the howling winds filling their ears as Phil quickly taps the touchscreen dash.

Immediately on their windshield, a yellow crosshairs appears and turns green settling on one TIE fighter zooming past the Statue of Liberty as it levels off over water, barreling towards the city.

“NOW!” May exclaims.

“GOT’EM!.” Coulson says, firing a missile.

Yanking the ship to a sharp left with all her might, May barrel rolls the Quinjet to the right as a missile zooms underneath their left wing and streaks ahead for the TIE fighter ahead of them alongside their missile. Leveling off quinjet in hot pursuit of their target, before Coulson and May’s very eyes, their eyes open wide, stunned as the two missiles closing in on the TIE fighter, suddenly wobble from the nose before veering off and exploding away from it!

“Tell me that didn’t happen!” May growls, tightening her grip on her controls. Hitting the dashboard in frustration, May shakes her head, “TELL ME THAT DIDN’T JUST…”

Before she can finish and against all her practical knowledge, May and Coulson watch as the speedy TIE fighter ahead of them abruptly flips in the air as small rockets propel it backwards at high-speed.

Peering ahead to the cockpit, Coulson rises out his seat in sheer disbelief trying to see the pilot in the fighter. At that moment, Coulson points to May “PULL BACK NNnn...”

Immediately Coulson gasps, clutching his throat.

May looks to him, confused as Phil clasps at his neck in agony and lifted off his feet

“PHIL!” she cries out, but suddenly May’s sent face first into dashboard as the yoke of the plane is pushed forward, sending them into a steep dive right into the murky waters.

“NOOO!!!”

~*~* GOBI DESERT - SHIELD CRISIS BUNKER~*~*~*

Trying to compose herself, Maria Hill face firms as she touches her earpiece, “Helicarrier One REPORT!” shouts.

Hearing nothing but white noise, Maria turns to an agent standing up from his seat, “Ma’am..” he says,

“...its New York, I got this from a building’s weather cam.”

Maria folds her arms, bracing herself for what she’s about to see.

No Caption Provided

Maria Hill hands drop to her side as her breath escapes her, “Void…” she mumbles.

“Ma’am…”

Closing her eyes, Maria clenches her jaw and turns to the Agent, “What now.” he snarls.

The Agent pulls off his headset, “I have something coming through the portal over earth...something big.”

Aggravated at his vagueness, Maria plants her hands on her waist before narrowing her eyes at him, “Define, big.”

The agent looks to her before turning back to his screen, “As big, as the moon, ma’am.” ,

to be continued....