Nebuchadnezzar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Nebuchadnezzar
No Caption Provided

The morning suns had barely risen and yet Lourdes' unit, the 2nd Calvary, was already knee deep into action. She could hear the thunder of explosions in the distance blanket their targets, the roar of their impact getting louder and louder, as the ground quaked beneath their feet. They had long called it Imperial Thunder, because if one was lucky to survive the force of the explosion, the clap of its thunderous blast would deafen any witness for hours.

The once pink and orange sky darkened into now a gray mist as it began to rain soot and debris upon the unit. Whatever luscious colors the landscape possessed, the Empire had turned it into nothing but different shades of grey. The continuing rain sent foreign particulates that began to clog the filtration systems within their helmets, making the simplest gesture of breathing a task that was trained as a Stormtrooper.

They could barely see a foot in front of them, let alone breathe, yet they persisted as they always did. Such was the mission. In the end, it was just another day for the 2nd. Tomorrow would bring the same. It was a continuous loop of them surviving and walking out of Hell itself to do it again.

No Caption Provided

8 ABY (After the Battle of Yavin)

Lourdes would awake with a startle, just as she did many times before. It was the same dream, if one would call it that, of her and the 2nd running into action only to do it again and again. Sometimes she believed she could still smell the stench linger in her nostrils as her mind forced her to relive what she had tried to run away from - life.

The Galactic Concordance had been signed, ending the war between the Empire and the Republic. The Empire had fallen and news spread like an untamed wildfire. The Republic forged a new path in the galaxy, and where its reach had not yet visited, revolts arose against remnants of the Empire. The Imperial Army had no command structure or force to fight back. Where once their armor provided protection in battle, it now served as a target. They were soldiers fighting for a cause, but there was no war to fight no more. She had heard many were taken into custody by the Republic. Some had gone underground, while others ran into the far reaches of the galaxy.

The 2nd had never ran away from anything, but once the tide was turned against anything Imperial, they knew what had to be done. They agreed to split as a unit, hiding their presence onto different planets while taking up different lives to better assimilate with the natives.

Lourdes would sometimes want to scream as she ended up on Tyegin. She was no longer a pilot or a soldier, now she was a farmer barely surviving as technology passed her daily, tempting her ability to lash at her consciousness. She would rub her eyes with her hands, taking a small pause and noticing the life she had chosen for herself. Lourdes would rise to her feet, her back straight as her spirit reawakened once more. She may not been a soldier anymore, but she was trained to survive. And survive she would, for she was part of the 2nd.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Good first issue. Seemed a bit short but that's fine.

Stormtrooper is actually one word. At least in the Star Wars Canon and related media. It's nice to see you developing original characters rather than just going off pre-established characters like the rest of us have done.

I think you should leave out the images in the future, but it's up to you.

And Yavin is spelt 'Yavin' rather than 'Yevin'.

Nebuchadnezzar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@tommythehitman:

Thank you.

Yeah...I wrote it at 2Am in the morning because I stayed late at work, so I was a wee bit tired, but the edits have been changed. Thanks for pointing that out

The original characters angle was always the intent of the series. I even stated in the PM that it would have a Rogue One/ Mandalorian feel to it and just have established institutions orbiting the plot to help move it. Jyn Erso, Cara Dune, Poe Dameron, and IG-11 are not established characters in the established Star Wars lore and yet the writers took creative rights to establish their characters into other established ideas.

No pictures??? Argh!!! I love visuals.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@nebuchadnezzar: I really like the concept I always find stories of the lives soldiers of any kind live after duty to be intriguing. I'm excited to see where you will be going forward and I personally do like the pictures