#1 Posted by batkevin74 (15261 posts) - - Show Bio

“You will move against the Jedi, they will be no match for you, my apprentice.” Darth Sidious stated as he looked out over the hustle and bustle of the evening in Corsucant; flying cars and drones everywhere in the megalopolis galactic capital.

“Yes my master,” Darth Maul nodded slightly when the device on his wrist beeped quietly.

“What is it?” Sidious asked.

“My contact in the Trade Federation informs me that the Jedi have left the Naboo system on a course headed to us.”

Sidious looked up to the stars. “You will take them as they land. Strike first, strike swiftly, no prisoners except the Queen.”

“I will not fail you master,” Maul bowed deeply and slunk off into the night.

The Radiant VII hovered down through Couscant airspace before landed on landing pad 421. Qui-Gon Jinn’s face darkened as he struggled with his thoughts.

“Master?” Obi-Wan Kenobi looked at his teacher. “Something the matter?”

“I have a bed feeling about this.”

“I don’t sense anything.” Obi-Wan replied.

“Not a disturbance in the Force, just something...ominous.” Qui-Gon stood up. “You will take Anakin to the Jedi Council. I will take the Queen to the Senate then meet you there.”

“Yes Master,” Obi-Wan bowed and walked back to young Anakin

“I’ve never seen so many ships,” Anakin gasped as he pressed his face against the window watching the endless lines of traffic.

Obi-Wan couldn’t help but smile at the boy from the backwater planets awe. “It’s impressive isn’t it.”

“Most impressive.” Anakin replied.

“Am I going to Master Kenobi?” asked C3PO as he shuffled up alongside.

“Of course you are!” Anakin stated.

Obi-Wan merely shrugged and herded the boy and the droid towards the exit gangplank where Qui-Gon and Amidala were waiting. The group walked out onto the landing pad when Qui-Gon stopped cold, his hand instinctively reaching out to protect Amidala as he turned to see a dark robed figure standing on their ship looking down on them.

“Protect them!” Qui-Gon shouted to Obi-Wan as he ignited his lightsaber as the figure leapt down, elongated lightsaber in hand aiming to cleave the Jedi Master in two. Sparks flew. Obi-Wan went to grab Anakin when a wave of the Force shoved him backwards across the tarmac. The robed figure traded curious blows with Qui-Gon before disrobing to reveal himself; a black and red skinned Dathomirian.

“You shall all die today,” he hissed as he dragged his weapon across the ground making a burnt line in front of him.

“We shall see,” Qui-Gon replied spinning his own weapon around into a defensive pose. Darth Maul smiled a cruel smile and drew a small metal ball from his hip, before throwing it towards Amidala.

“NO!” Qui-Gon screamed as he grabbed it with the Force and attempted to send it skywards but it exploded engulfing the area in flames. Qui-Gon, Anakin and C3PO were closest to the blast; Obi-Wan tackled Amidala away taking an inferno across his back. Darth Maul looked at the carnage he’d caused and smiled. Obi-Wan wobbled to his feet stripping his charred robes off.

“Why?!” He screamed.

“It is what my master decreed,” Maul replied as the other end of his lightsaber ignited to form a staff. “The Jedi shall fall and all those that support them.”

“Can you move?” Obi-Wan asked Amidala.

“Yes.”

“Then run!” and Obi-Wan charged into battle. Sparks flew as the superhot weapons collided. Each blow was thrown with skill and precision and countered equally. Voices intruded on the fight as a dozen rescue workers and Jedi headed towards the platform. Darth Maul snarled angrily at the reinforcements.

“Surrender or die,” Obi-Wan demanded as he rained down a combination. Maul parried them then kicked the angry Jedi backwards.

“Never!” Maul turned tail and ran to the platforms edge before leaping off into the abyss. Obi-Wan reaches out with the Force to attempt to grab him but was unable too.

Mace Windu came to his side. “Who was that?”

“I don’t know, but I intend to find out.”

#2 Posted by batkevin74 (15261 posts) - - Show Bio

Casual bump :)

#3 Posted by Cat-like24 (86 posts) - - Show Bio

Casual bump :)

(Are we just supposed to read the OP and tell you what we think of it?)

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
#4 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (9285 posts) - - Show Bio

Never get sick of reading about Maul!