batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

No Caption Provided

Oceanic Flight 815 exploded in a massive fireball as the six Hellcaster missiles blew the passenger plane into oblivion. Blair Orwell flinched, momentarily forgetting she was easing the three hundred plus passengers and crew to the ground with her powers. Across the sky shot a figure.

“ARTHUR!” She screamed with joy as her two brothers, one clinging to the other raced across the blue sky towards her. Arthur plonked Eric down beside her on the raft and she hugged him to an inch of his life.

“Get off!” he moaned pushing her off.

“Hey!” She pointed to his hands “Did you get me a Coke?”

“Yeah, here you go.” He handed her the other drink meant for Arthur. “Where’s Arthur going?”

“He said he was going to have a word to the pilots,” Eric opened his drink as he sat next to his sister in the centre of the human skydiving formation. “This is actually pretty cool.”

“I know.” Blair giggled as they drifted to the ground like a leaf in a gentle breeze.

Captain Brian Winston of Mike Company stood on the embankments watching the media circus and rescue extravaganza that was unfolding on the beach. Three downed jets, one exploded passenger plane, three hundred people saved by three “terrorists”.

“What a mess,” he sighed as he lit up a cigar as he unclipped his radio “Status from up there Raven?”

Raven, another Mike operative who was spliced with avian DNA, scanned the area with his excellent vision “Negative sir. The Orwell’s are long gone from here.”

Winston exhaled a large cloud of acrid smoke which made Clover and Burmese cough “Damn! Okay, I want a hard target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in the area. Checkpoints go…something funny Wigan?”

“That’s the speech from The Fugitive,” sniggered Wigan, the team’s powerhouse.

“Tommy Lee Jones lo hizo mucho mejor capitan,” added Sagrada who looked up from polishing his guns.

“Besides, can’t they fly?” Clover suggested.

“I hate you all!” Winston grumbled as he stalked off “FIND THEM! NOW!”

Puerto Peñasco, Sonora, Mexico

“Okay, now what?” said Arthur as the three Orwells sat on the roof of one of the many hotels that littered the coast.

“I don’t know,” said Eric.

“What do you mean, you don’t know?” asked Arthur “This is like, your plan!?”

“I get that Arthur, I just don’t know what to do first?” huffed Eric as his legs dangled over the ledge.

No Caption Provided

“Why don’t we capture one of those army units, take their uniforms and be all Persian horse on them,” suggested Blair.

“Persian horse?”

“Yeah, you know that movie where…”

“Trojan horse, dummy.” Arthur scoffed.

“Trojan, Persian, same same.” Blair shrugged “And stop calling me dumb!”

Eric smiled “Blair that might just work. Okay, we’re in Mexico, we’re fugitives. We have zero money. We just escaped an airstrike.”

“I say we party.” Blair stood up “I’m going to make some calls.”

Arthur scratched his head, “You want to party?”

“I just saved three hundred people…”

“We, we saved…” interrupted Eric.

Blair held up her hand and continued “Anyways, they got saved and we should celebrate. Meet me in the lobby at say six.” And with that she jumped off the roof and floated her way to the ground.

“I love her,” said Eric watching his sister land.

“Yeah, she’s okay.” Arthur smiled as he casually pushed his brother off the roof.

No Caption Provided

Pelican Bay State Prison, Cellblock D.

Prisoner 671864, formerly known as Nexus employee Doctor Ed Quinn, looked at the large man standing in the door of his cell, intent in his piggy eyes. Ed stared back from the swollen eyes he had that never healed, his laboured breath escaping through his broken teeth and plasticene like nose from being broken beyond repair.

“Must be Wednesday,” Ed said flatly. He knew the routine. For nearly four years at least twice a week, some animal sauntered down to his cell to bash and molest him. Sometimes it was in the reverse order but it was always the same type of man and always the same result for him. Ed turned placing his hands on the small sink.

“Hurry up; I’ve got things to do.”

To be continued…

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Wow save a plane get branded terrorist. Yep seems about right

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By batkevin74
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Great chapter. I should have a new Corps chapter up in a day or so, maybe I can give this incident a mention.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

poze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poze: Just a bit! Spider-Light got a mention briefly in I think Orwell's 5 or 7 but should be easy to jump back in. I took like several months away and came back so there is no real rush. But if and when you get a chance I'd love to hear what you think of these 16 chapters :)

poze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@batkevin74: I have already read the first chapters and I loved it and I'll read the rest for sure!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers