Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SyIar

Spider Light: TEAM LINE UP

Spider Light: Intro (Tundra)

Chapter 1: Cupid's Arrow

Tokyo, Japan

"I can't do this anymore. I thought I was strong enough to be here for you for as long as you needed me. I thought I could somehow make this work, but I can't ..and i'm sorry."

A masculine man with black shades and dirty blonde hair is seated at the side of a hospital bed. His head is lowered while his hands are wrapped around the patients lifeless right palm. Upon the bed lays a woman who's dressed in a light pink hospital gown. Her dark black hair is long and unkind while a large feeding tube sticks out the side of her mouth. The hospital room is filled with pictures and memorabilia from the patient's past.

"I understand if you hate me for this. I hate me for this. But... but I can't wait anymore. Ive been in here everyday since the accident for the past four years. Every day. I thought you being here would be enough for me.. enough for us. But the truth is... Seeing you like this everyday is worse than you being dead."

A tear slides from the side of the man's face. He holds the woman's hand tight as he turns his head to face a small picture frame on the desk next to him. In the picture is the couple. The man is holding the woman in his arms as snow drifts in the background. She is smiling and extending her left hand, showing her brand new diamond ring to the camera.

"I made you my wife because you used to make me happy. You used to make me feel alive. Like I was something more than just a man with a grudge. Like I had a soul..."

The man raises the woman's hand to his face. He presses it softly against his lips before gently placing it back on the bed.

"But now it's over. Without you, i'm just a man. There is no more we. Not anymore. You left me long ago.... I love you baby. Please never wake up."

The man quickly stands from his seat as he walks towards the entrance door. He turns one last time to face his wife before leaving and places a small stack of papers at the foot of her bed. They are divorce papers.

Central Park. 4 Years Ago

A woman is running through a large, lush field with worry plastered upon her face. Her soft black hair blows behind her as she plants each step quickly after one another. She is wearing a dark brown winter coat tucked underneath a bow holster and a pair of light blue jeans that are ripped at the knees. She stops at the top of a sloping hill and pulls out the bow from behind her then pulls out a single arrow from her coat pocket and stares down at the scene below her.

"Sh*t. I can't get the shot..."

She aims the weapon from the tips of her left index and ring finger to the seam of her right eye.

"I can't get it.. I CAN'T GET IT!"

She places the weapon back on it's holster then places the single arrow back in her coat pocket before sprinting towards the bottom of the hill.

As she sprints, the wireless headset on her left ear blinks red. It comes to life as she pants and jumps over a small fallen tree. The tree is smashed and covered in blood.

"Cupid! Where the hell are you?! **Gunshots***"

As she continues down the slope she presses a button on the side of the device.

"I climbed the West Tower, but there were too many trees. I'm coming to you guys."

"Stand down Cupid! ERICA STAND DOWN! ***Demonic Screaming***"

She angrily pulls the device out of her ear and throws it to her side as the man's voice from the other end shouts and pleads.

-

"DAMMIT!"

The man on the other end yells as he grasps the communication device in his ear. The man's head has a large gash from behind, spotting the back of his dirty blonde hair in blood. From the side of him a large muscular man in a torn muscle shirt places his hand on the injured man's shoulder.

"Cupid?" The man in the ripped shirt asks as he holds his ribs in agony and desperation.

"She couldn't get a clear shot. She's on her way here now. How about the rest of the team? How bad is it?" The blonde man questions as he and the other man jog towards a wooded area.

" I got a hold of Tundra before her com went down. Bette is down for the count. Before we were hurdled three miles into the air we saw Imp hug a tree at 45 miles per hour so i'm going to take a wild guess here and say hes down. Tundra and Rushmore are currently holding down the fort, but it didn't sound to good on there end before com went down, so i'm going to assume the worst and scratch them out. I'm pretty sure I have a couple broken ribs and you look like you might pass out any second and now I guess Cupid is on her way. That leaves three of us. We can stop him if we stand together and attack him from all ends. He's strong but he's not all that bright. Hes also angry.. too angry. We can use that against him. We just need..."

A large explosion lights up the distant treeline and cuts off the man, followed by a rumbling scream of anger . The man with the ripped shirt turns to the blonde man with a worried facial expression.

"Cupid..." The blonde man gasps as he sprints towards the explosion, leaving his injured partner behind.

"N+17! Wait!" The masculine man screams as he stumbles to the floor and clutches his stomach in pain.

"WE HAVE TO STICK TOGETHER! THAT'S AN ORDER!" The injured man shouts before fading far behind.

Cupid is planted at the top of large tree as she aims her bow at her target then at the sky. She shoots one of her arrows in the direction directly above her. The arrow spins and slices deep into the sky. It begins to lose momentum and dips and dives back down to the earth. As the arrow plunges from the sky, she shoots another arrow directly in front of her at a man who appears to be levitating from the floor. His arms are extended from his sides as his legs hang tight on top of one another in a crucifixion pose. His eyes are filled with rage as his chest pumps back and forth in extreme aggression. The arrow coming from above stops in mid-air directly above him as well as the second arrow a few inches from the front of his face.

"Boom..." Cupid whispers as the arrow heads explode in a massive, chaotic fireball, consuming the levitating man.

She drops from the tree and lands forcefully against the ground as she stares off into the smokey aftermath. Her eyes glow with fear as the levitating man appears unharmed and unshaken from the surprise attack.

"YOU WANT TO HURT ME? YOU ALL WANT TO HURT ME?... YOU CAN'T EVEN PHASE ME. I AM APEX AND TONIGHT SPIDER LIGHT WILL BLEED BENEATH MY FEET." Yells Apex as his voice trembles throughout the entire park.

"Shut up and fight me." Mutters Cupid as she pulls out another arrow from her coat pocket and slings it back in the bow, aiming at Apex.

-

"I'm almost there baby."

The man with the dirty blonde hair continues to run though the moon lit park. As he continues down one of the trails he finds Apex unconscious on the floor.

"Where is she!" Yells the man as he turns around the lifeless body of Apex.

"Looking for me?"

The man turns around to see Cupid levitating in the air. Her hair blows fiercely behind her as her chest heavily pumps back and forth.

"Erica?" The man questions as he stumbles on the floor behind him.

"Oh how clueless you all really are. Cupid... Erica.. is dead. This may be her body, but her very soul is gone. I am Apex and.."

Before Apex can finish his sentence the man with the ripped shirt attacks from behind and tackles him to the ground.

"LET GO OF ME!!!" Apex screams in a demonic thundering voice as the man with the ripped shirt vices him for dear life. As he holds Cupid's struggling body his skin begins to morph into a bright shiny titanium colored metal.

"Tin Man!" Screams the blonde man as he rushes to help his partner. As he draws nearer to the pair he is pushed away by a strong telekinetic force.

"N+17... you need to shoot her. It's the only way... I don't know how much longer I can hold onto Apex. I can feel my insides slowly turning... IT'S NOW OR NEVER!" Screams Tin Man as his eyes begin to fill with the same metal covering the rest of his body.

"YOU CAN'T STOP ME! YOU CAN NEVER STOP ME!" Screams Apex as he struggles to free himself from Tin Man.

N+17 slowly walks up to the duo. He stops a few feet from them, making sure not to make the same mistake as before. He pulls out a large pistol from his waist holster and aims the gun at his wife.. at Apex.

"NOW N+17! ........Nooo00004252wwwww!" Tin Man's voice begins to morph to that of a dial up machine.

"I'm sorry baby. Forgive me." As he pushes down against the trigger of his gun, Apex lunges himself forward and reaches to grasp onto his old body. As the gun fires and the bullet passes through the air and into the brain of Cupid, Apex relocates into his original form and barely escapes the vessel before it's shot.

"I DO00000240NT THI111NK SO!" Screams Tin Man as he grabs hold of Apex's skull.

"G000dbye O1d Friend."

***CRACK*** Tin Man crushes Apex's skull with his metal hands, slowly pushing it into itself. Apex lay motionless right beside a bloody and lifeless Cupid. As Tin Man stands and slowly morphs back to normal, N+17 rushes to his wife's side.

"N+17... I'm so sorry." Pleads Tin Man as he gently places his hand against N+17's shoulder.

"Don't f*cking touch me..." Snarls N+17 as he holds his motionless wife in his arms.

"I'm done with Spider Light. And if I ever see you... any of you again... I won't hesitate to shoot."

"Spider Light is over."

Tin Man steps up from N+17's side and cautiously picks up the dead body of Apex then slowly walks away from view.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

Great Chapter, I'm liking the set up of the dynamic for this group

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

bump

SyIar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SyIar

@joshmightbe said:

Great Chapter, I'm liking the set up of the dynamic for this group

Thanks, I want to try to write more about the team and a little more of their history before I continue with the main story.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@SyIar said:

"N+17... I'm so sorry." Pleads Tin Man as he gently places his hand against N+17's shoulder.

"Don't f*cking touch me..." Snarls N+17 as he holds his motionless wife in his arms.

"I'm done with Spider Light. And if I ever see you... any of you again... I won't hesitate to shoot."

"Spider Light is over."

Tin Man steps up from N+17's side and cautiously picks up the dead body of Apex then slowly walks away from view.

I think N+17 is potentially the most dangerous member of Spider Light. By the way how do you pronounce N+17? Is it En plus seventeen? I'm liking this team dynamic and the fact that you've splintered them in the first chapter. Good work

SyIar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SyIar

@batkevin74 said:

@SyIar said:

"Spider Light is over."

I think N+17 is potentially the most dangerous member of Spider Light. By the way how do you pronounce N+17? Is it En plus seventeen? I'm liking this team dynamic and the fact that you've splintered them in the first chapter. Good work

N+17 is definitely the most impulsive. I pronounce his name as (N 17) no plus. Also, the battle in the park was a memory of how Cupid ended up in a coma and how the team officially disbanded.

And thanks for reading and leaving feedback. :)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: I've just been pronouncing it N17

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By batkevin74

Yo @Sylar (this may not work properly due to my work having a rubbish computer) what year is yours roughly set in? Because I have a kernel of an idea and may want/need/hope to borrow a member or two of Spider Light in the Orwells. At the moment my guys are still in 2038, slowly heading to 2041 where it all takes place...you mention at the start four years ago so 2037 for you-ish? Let me know when you get a chance

SyIar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SyIar

@batkevin74 said:

@SyIar said:

"Spider Light is over."

Sorry, I thought I replied to this.

It's pronounced N17 and thanks again.

@batkevin74 said:

Yo @Sylar (this may not work properly due to my work having a rubbish computer) what year is yours roughly set in? Because I have a kernel of an idea and may want/need/hope to borrow a member or two of Spider Light in the Orwells. At the moment my guys are still in 2038, slowly heading to 2041 where it all takes place...you mention at the start four years ago so 2037 for you-ish? Let me know when you get a chance

My main story takes place the same as everyone else's (2041), but the flashbacks will take place roughly four years before, so yeah 2037 sounds just about right. You are welcomed to barrow whoever you want/need. All my characters are secretly based off other characters from fiction so just let me know so I can give you some kind of idea of who they are since it's sort of too early to tell.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By joshmightbe

bump

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

***CRACK*** Tin Man crushes Apex's skull with his metal hands, wow! This is good stuff. Very enjoyable read. Reminds me of the X-Men a bit.

SyIar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SyIar

@4donkeyjohnson said:

***CRACK*** Tin Man crushes Apex's skull with his metal hands, wow! This is good stuff. Very enjoyable read. Reminds me of the X-Men a bit.

Thanks.