So Scary- Monster Theater

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Check out these tales of terror and read if you dare. And there will be more chills to come.

Note- These scary tales will not have an ending, but to let readers think what's going to happen next.

Note- These stories are rewritten into novel format. To check out the original series, click the links on my blog, Impersonator's Fan-Fic Library.

No Caption Provided

So Scary- Monster Theater

Jim Conway has always been a huge horror fan. He loves watching horror movies every night before he slept. Now his parents wouldn't allow him, since they found out what he had been doing all this night. Not to mention, they were devout Christians.

Jim had been down this road before. Every time, his friend asked him to go and watch scary movies in theater, his parents still rejected it. Especially his mother said that Christians are not allowed to watch evil things. Jim hated the idea of the fact that people who make horror movies for a living, can't seem to watch them, just because a movie contained evil things. He explained to his parents that horror movies are the work of art, and there's nothing wrong in making them, and watching them.

Jim's mother got furious over his son's excuse for watching a horror movie. "Jimmy boy," she said. "You ain't gonna watch a horror movie in our house," she said. "Our house is the Lord's, and the Lord is watching you. So, you be aware of that, Mister."

"Oh Ma," Jim said. "It's just a movie. It ain't no effect on me. A lot of people, even my friends watch these movies."

"Young man," the mother said. "I get tired listening to your lame excuses. You're done watching scary movies, and you're done."

Jim walked away from his mother immediately, and stormed off into his bedroom. His father hooked up a surveillance camera in his room, so that he could see what his son was doing at night time.

Great! Jim thought. Now his privacy was entirely gone. He couldn't even watch the latest horror movie on YouTube.

The next day, Jim went to school and met his friend, who kept talking about the latest movie he had seen last night. The movie was called "Black Christmas."

"It was so scary," Jim's friend said. "I couldn't believe my eyes. Have you seen it?"

Jim didn't say anything at the moment. He wanted to lie about it, but couldn't. His parents were very strict about this horror movie business.

"Nope," Jim said with a sigh. "I haven't seen it." He sat on the bleaches, looking out the football field.

"You should see it," Jim's friend said. "You may want to watch it sooner than later, before it's get taken off. YouTube has those darn copyright policies. The movie may be old, but it don't matter."

Jim sighed again, and told his friend what happened last night. His friend gasped at the idea that a surveillance camera got hooked up in his bedroom.

"That sucks, Jim," his friend said. "But you know what...College is coming nearby, and you'll be free. You can do whatever you want. Imagine this...you can go out and watch horror movies at the Monster Theater."

"Monster Theater?" Jim looked back at his friend, as if he hadn't heard of it.

"Yeah, I heard that the Monster Theater shows a lot of horror movies that people couldn't get the chance to see. And guess what?! You can watch all of them without worrying a darn thing."

"Hmm..."Jim thought of it, seeming to be happy. But then, there was something odd about it. "Why is it called the Monster Theater? Shouldn't it be called Horror Theater?"

"Don't know," Jim's friend just shrugged. "Maybe, they show movies about monsters. You know...vampires, zombies, giants, and whatnot."

Jim liked the idea. He can't wait to get his freedom back, once he gets into college.

A few years later, Jim entered Bible College. His parents wanted him to become a missionary, helping kids around the world, and giving thanks to the Lord. Jim never wanted to become a missionary in the first place. He wanted to be a horror filmmaker. Sure, his parents had the money and all, but they won't allow him to become an "evil" filmmaker.

His friend told him to go against his parent's wishes. But Jim said that he had no other choice. He tried talking to them out of it.

Late at night, Jim went to the so-called "Monster Theater." He wondered if he could watch Black Christmas that his friend watched a few years back.

His friend was right. Black Christmas was taken off from YouTube due to copyright regulations. He had a wi-fi connection in his dorm room. He also couldn't download/stream the movie illegally on other sites because Bible College had its strict policies. He also tried purchasing the DVD at the video store, but it was out of stock. Monster Theater was the only solution.

He purchased the movie ticket, and asked to see Black Christmas. The ticket agent pointed to the direction of the hallway. Jim couldn't believe it. Black Christmas was still showing in Monster Theater.

After watching the movie, Jim was still scared, even walking alone at night towards the Bible College. He was glad that he watched the movie. Not only that, he just found out from the ticket agent that the Monster Theater had a variety of horror movie selections.

Jim called his friend, and told him that he watched Black Christmas. His friend got excited to hear that Jim had finally watched it. Jim said that there was no actual monster in the movie. However, a deranged lunatic could be classified as a monster.

From there on, Jim had watched tons of horror movies at the Monster Theater. He was supposed to study for his exams at night. His parents would find out what he had been doing all this time. He didn’t care.

Let them find out, Jim thought. He still goes to the Monster Theater.

As a few months passed by, Jim's parents found out from the theology professor that Jim has been failing his classes. The parents were furious about it. They talked to Jim on the phone, shouting rants against the idea of watching horror movies at the Monster Theater.

"Son, you betta pack your stuff and come home," Jim's father said in his furious tone.

"But Pa..." Jim was about to say that he didn't want to become a missionary.

"No buts," Jim's father said. "You come here right now this instant. Your mother is very upset." The phone hanged up.

Jim packed his stuff and went home. He knew he would get spankings from his father. But he doubted it. At this age, he wouldn't get any spanking at all. That was back then, when he was very young.

Jim's father was so furious that he wanted to talk with the manager at the Monster Theater. He heard stories of missing parents, who went in there. He learned this from the newspaper. He never knew that his own son would dare to enter that theater, and was afraid for him. Something has to be done.

Jim's mother said to let it go. But the father didn't listen to her. He wanted to teach the manager a lesson. Of course, he's not going to shut down the theater all by himself.

It took two hours to reach the Monster Theater, where Jim had gone every night. By then, Jim's father entered the theater, approaching the ticket agent.

"Which movie would you like to see?" The ticket agent asked.

Jim's father was so mad that he wanted to punch his face. But he had learned to calm down in his lifetime. "I want to speak to your manager."

The ticker agent was not surprised. This had happened before. Every parent, a devout Christian complained about showing "evil" movies at the Monster Theater.

"Right this way," the ticket agent said. Jim's father followed the agent to the manager's office. Then the agent left.

Jim's father knocked the door twice. There was some sound coming out of the room. A few seconds later, the door opened.

It was an old man, who still wore that business black suit, whenever he works at his theater. His grandfather founded this theater back in the 1940s. His father also worked here.

"Can I help you?" The manager said.

"Yeah," Jim's father said. "Sure, you can." He stepped closer to the old man. "I want you to know that my son has watched your darn horror movies."

The manager stood back a little, thinking that the crazy Christian will hit him. Then he said, "Well, sir. Your son made a choice. He came to this theater every..."

"Yeah," Jim's father said, stopping him. "Every night. I've heard about it."

"So..." the manager said. "What do you want me to do?"

"I want you to stop showing these darn movies. These movies are considered evil. They can infect the mind and soul of a person. You know that?"

The manager began not to like this person at all. After all, he had encounter this fiasco before.

"Listen..." The manager paused for a moment, hoping that the crazy Christian will not create the scene any further. "Mister..."

"It's Mr. Conway," Jim's father presented himself.

"Alright...Mr. Conway," the manager continued a bit. "Horror movies are considered the work of art. You don't have the right to say that I can't show these movies to the audience."

"Of course, everyone says that. Even my son said it. But God ain't likin' it. That's for sure."

"I see," the manager said. "Then, I don't know if God likes it."

Mr. Conway chuckled a bit. "That's because you don't know anything about God. Either that, you don't believe in him."

The manager coughed a bit and said, "Actually, I do believe in a god."

"What?" Mr. Conway was confused.

The manager sighed. "You see, Mr. Conway. There is a god residing in this theater."

Mr. Conway wanted to laugh. More like the devil himself, he thought.

"Here, let me show you," the manager got tired of listening to Mr. Conway's unnecessary rants. Mr. Conway shrugged a bit, and followed the manager.

It took almost half an hour to reach the room. The manager stopped.

"Is this your idea a joke?" Mr. Conway said. "God has no physical appearance. Everyone knows that."

"You may be right, Mr. Conway," the manager said. "But this god has one." He opened the door, and they walked inside. Then, the manager locked the door.

Mr. Conway was getting furious now. He looked around the room. "Where's your God now? Eh!"

The old man told Mr. Conway to step closer towards the darkness. Then, a tentacle slithered out of it. A few seconds later, the monster came out.

Mr. Conway jumped in shock. He had never seen anything like it.

Dear Lord... Mr. Conway wanted to scream and escape from this horrible thing, whatever it is.

"Wh...Wha...What the hell is that?" Mr. Conway stammered a bit.

The old man stood beside Mr. Conway, staring at the large creature. "That Mr. Conway is a god. Not your God, but of a Lovecraftian nature."

"A what?" Mr. Conway tried not to look at the creature. It looked horrible. The fear rushed to his senses.

"A Lovecraftian nature, Mr. Conway," the old manager said again, standing back further, hoping that the creature does not eat him.

"Look..." Mr. Conway decided to get out of this nightmare. "Listen...Mister..."

"It's Mr. Gregson," this time the manager presented himself.

"Mr. Gregson...I'm sorry to intrude you like this..." Then, a memory hit him like a wave of fear. Those missing parents...

"Yes," Mr. Gregson urged him to continue.

"I... I'll have to go now." Mr. Conway walked slowly to the door. Then he realized it was locked.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Conway," Mr. Gregson said. "But I can't allow you to do that."

Mr. Conway wished he hadn't come here. How else he could have known about this darn creature living in this theater? He just wanted to teach the manager a lesson.

"Li... Listen," Mr. Conway said, still stammering. "I...I won't tell anyone. I... I promise. Okay? It's all been a mistake."

"How right you are," Mr. Gregson said. "But you see, I can't risk allowing you to expose the truth. That is why I can't allow you to leave."

Mr. Conway gulped, wishing that God would be here to help him. Prayer wasn't enough. He immediately tried to open the door, slamming it, and screaming for help.

It's been four months now that Jim's father disappeared. Nobody knew where he went. But the mother had known that he went to the Monster Theater to make complaints. Jim hadn't heard of him since.

Even though Jim never liked his father much, he was quite worried about it. He felt like this was his fault to begin with.

Now that his father went missing, Jim decided to become a filmmaker. But his mother still wouldn't allow it. He goes against her wishes, and moved out of the house. The only problem...How is he going to spend money on the College of Arts and Sciences?

The only solution to this problem is to have a job. He needed it. So, he decided to work at the Monster Theater. He gave his resume to the manager, Mr. Gregson.

Mr. Gregson was impressed with his past skills. Jim had been volunteering at church activities, which he never liked. But he would never tell the manager that he just did it for his parents' sake.

As ten minutes passed by, Jim got hired. He was happy to work at the Monster Theater. From now on, he's independent.

Mr. Gregson showed him the tour of the Monster Theater. Jim couldn't wait to work starting on Monday. The pay wasn't that bad, but it's a start.

While Mr. Gregson showed Jim around the theater, Jim noticed a door that got locked. He wondered what was inside the room, since Mr. Gregson hadn't shown him yet.

Mr. Gregson noticed Jim's stare at the forbidden room. In the past, his previous employees got fired for opening that room. He hoped that Jim would listen to him this time.

"You're not allowed to open that room, Jim," Mr. Gregson warned him. Jim gave him a surprising look. For all the other rooms that he can open, this one was forbidden.

"Why not, Mr. Gregson?" Jim said. "If I may ask..."

"It's..." Mr. Gregson paused for a moment. "It's complicated. I'm planning to setup a new office for myself."

"But you have your own office," Jim said.

"True, but I felt like my office was too small. So, I figured I can have some large space in it. Come along," He urged Jim to follow him.

Jim shrugged a bit, and followed the old manager. He looked back at the room, still wondering what was inside there. For some reason, he felt an uneasiness from the room.

Jim decided to ignore the room. He wouldn't dare to open it. If he did, he could lose his job. Therefore, he couldn't become a filmmaker in the future.

At late night, he watched a movie called "The Call of Cthulhu." Jim felt the movie creepy, even though it was black and white. Somewhere in the deep corners of the Monster Theater, the creature waits...

Next Story- Darkness.