The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

So Scary 6- The Stairs That Leads to Nowhere

Ben Huston was a retired, history professor. He had been living in a new house, ever since his wife died. Now that he was entirely alone, he could enjoy reading books. However, a kid named Andy Johnson always used to trouble him, whenever he comes to visit the house. You see, Andy had been living in the house a long time ago, and that his parents have just recently moved out into the nearby area. They said weird things about the house. People around the town also talked about it. And when they heard that a retired teacher had just moved in, they couldn't believe it.

Andy couldn't believe it either. Because he knew the house from top to bottom. There was nothing wrong about the house, but the only problem was the basement. It had lead to nowhere. And truth be told, his parents and Andy himself have tried to reach the end. But it had been total darkness. It was like a dark tunnel, only except that it had no destination, whatsoever. So, they decided to move out. Andy had been relieved that his parents decided to move to another house. He never wanted go down the basement again. Because the darkness was... scary.

Now, Andy had stepped back inside the house. He figured that he could warn the teacher about the scary basement. But the old man wouldn't have it. He had said, "Such nonsense, boy. Do you really think those stairs leads to nowhere? Give me a break."

"It's true, mister," Andy had said. "I used to live here, you know."

"Hmm... Well, then. Maybe, I should check it out later. Now, off you go before I call your parents. Understand?" Andy had left the house alright, and he never came back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

While reading a book, the old man laughed at himself. The stairs that leads to nowhere? It sounded bizarre, even for an old teacher like him. But he was curious to see if the boy had said was true. After all, he hadn't gone down the basement a couple of days ago. And the matter of fact was that he was getting tired and weary at his own age. Going down the stairs proved fruitless.

Hmm... The old man thought. I must check it out. He got himself up from the bed. His curiosity got the better of him, while he was reading Cipher. That book scared the hell out of him. It made the old man think twice of whether or not, he should stop reading horror novels. Who knows? It might also give him a heart attack.

He removed that negative thought away, and reached downstairs from his bedroom. When he reached the door that leads to the basement, he stopped. He thought, Maybe, I shouldn't be doing this. Besides, I'm too old to do anything else. I might as well ignore it. But again, the curiosity had got the better of him, which was why he became a history teacher in the first place. But this wasn't history. Was it? Or did the house have a history of its on? He probably would have to find out, sooner or later. But first, he had to know if the boy was telling the truth. He placed his hand on the doorknob. He remembered his real estate agent had said that he hadn't checked the basement himself because he was too scared of it. Therefore, he had ignored it. He had also said, "The basement doesn't matter, Mr. Huston. All it matters is how you live upstairs. What else can you do down there, since you're an old man. Eh?" He sort of laughed at that statement. But the old man didn't laugh along with him. Of course, the agent made a good point of it. Ben didn't have to go downstairs, unless he wanted to do some carpentry work or something. Just once, he peeked inside the basement. And eventually someday, he would have to go there.

Now, that Ben was here. He would have to check the basement out. Slowly, he opened the door and saw the darkness beyond. He even called out, "Hello!" An echo came back to him. Strange... he thought. An echo in the basement? That shouldn't happen. He called out again. And the same echo had arrived back to him. He took a step down closer, and tried to find a light switch. Christ! I have to get a flashlight. He grabbed it by the hanger of his clothes, and turned it on. He pointed it towards the stairs, and stepped down. Step by step. He was even going down further, and didn't reach the destination at all. Yes, the boy was right all along.

Holy crap! Ben thought. Where does this stairs lead to? He kept going down, and then stopped. He turned around to see the exit door, still opened from way farther up. He began to panic because it was total darkness, and that he couldn't see anything else. Ben said to himself, "I must go back. This is getting creepier than I thought." He hurried upstairs, and accidentally slipped on it. He screamed all the way down.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Andy decided to come back to the house, just to check on the old man himself. When he managed to sneak behind the opened window, he called out, "Mr. Huston?" There was no reply. After all, the boy had noticed Ben's car, parked near the house. He called out again. Still, no reply. Then, he went to the basement door, which was already opened. A screaming voice have reached Andy's ears. Immediately, Andy closed the door and ran out of the house.

Next story- Where the Bones Lie.