Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

So Scary 6- The Doll from Hell

Aunt Lucie came to the shop in order to look for a doll. After all, it was her niece's birthday. But she wanted something different. Little Molly wanted a new doll that looks different from the rest of her dolls. Aunt Lucie didn't know what else to say, but she heard that a new doll had arrived at a store. There, she usually buys the nicest and cutest dolls that it had to offer. Much like the ones that other parents had bought for their kids. However, Little Molly didn't care about the same old, boring ones that she have at home. Aunt Lucie thought about it and sighed. She went inside the store. The clerk noticed her arrival and said, "Hello Miss, how do you do?" Aunt Lucie replied, "I'm fine. Thank you." The clerk smiled at her. "Are you looking for a new doll? Well, I don't have much. But I do have one that looks pretty different if you ask me."

"Oh... Why, thank you. My niece wanted a different doll. The one that talks and..."

"Hold it right there," the clerk stopped her. "I know what you're thinking. But I have to warn you something about this doll that I'm about to show you." Aunt Lucie was confused and said, "Okay..."

"Follow me to the backroom. This is a rare doll. Unfortunately, this one doesn't talk. I was planning to sell it but..." He stopped, and wondered if he was about to do the right thing. He shook his head slightly and pointed towards the doll, laying among the other toys. The clerk used to be a toy maker back in those days. But he was tired of making them. So he decided to sell them off. Much to his surprise, his toy business had been successful enough that he managed to spend some time to make a new toy, just in case if the customers wanted something more out of it. But despite being old right now, he felt tired already.

"This doll?" Aunt Lucie said as she looked closer. "Dear Lord. What a sight!" She stared at those red eyes as if it were an animal, lurking in the jungle. This doll, she thought could be the one that Molly wanted. But it looked scary. And the fact remained clear that Aunt Lucie must buy a new doll, no matter what.

"How much is it?" She asked the former toy maker. He turned around and looked at her. Then he looked back at the scary doll. He said, "It's free. You can have it."

"What? Are you serious?"

"I'm very well serious, Miss. Like I said, I planned to sell this kind of doll to someone else. In fact..." he stopped again. "Anyways, you can have it."

"Are you sure?" The woman seemed surprised by all this. "No... I can't possibly have this one for free. I'm willing to pay for it."

"I insist you don't, Miss. But let me warn you about it. Okay?"

"Okay..."

"If anything strange happens... Just give me a call and I'll handle it." He handed his business card to the woman.

"What... What do you mean?"

"Well, you see..." He stopped and scratched his head. "Oh never mind. You wouldn't believe me." He took the doll and gave it to the woman. "Here you go. Thanks for stopping by."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aunt Lucie kept staring at the doll behind her back as she drove to her sister's house. Her sister, Anna had been working day and night that she didn't have time for anything else. But for Lucie, she worked at home so she was lucky enough to look after her sister's daughter.

Now it was Molly's 10th birthday, Anna took her day off, decorating the house. Most of the kids were dropped off and have been playing with Little Molly. Molly noticed her aunt's car and screamed, "AUNT LUCIE IS HERE!" She came running across the hall, and then stopped outside the house.

Aunt Lucie wanted to wrap the gift, but she couldn't do it. Those eyes... She shivered at the thought and finally stopped the car.

When she came out of the car, Molly hugged Aunt Lucie tightly. "There! There! You don't have to hug like that."

"Where's the new doll? Did you buy it?" Aunt Lucie looked at the bag. She could have sworn that the bag moved on its own. But it was just her imagination.

"Yes, I've bought the new doll. But no peeking. Understand?" She smiled at her niece. Molly smiled back. She couldn't wait to see it. Most of her friends came by and saw the new gift. One of the girls asked, "What is it, Molly? Is it a new doll? Molly giggled and shouted, "YES!"

Anna saw her older sister and said, "Hi Lucie. Just in time. I see you've bought a new doll."

"Yes, I'm afraid so."

"What's the matter? Is it the same?"

"Well..." Aunt Lucie tried not to look at the bag, which she was carrying right now. "Let's just say it's something... different."

"Hmm... Can I see it?" Lucie sighed and showed the doll to her sister. Anna gasped at the sight of it. "Holy $h!t!" She covered her mouth, realizing that the other kids must have heard her. Then she said slowly, "Lucie... Where the hell did you get this?"

"From the same store. Where else?" Lucie rolled her eyes and dropped the bag along with the other gifts. "I thought of wrapping this one. But I'm afraid... You know..."

"Oh, come on. You don't think..." Anna stopped and tried to forget those red eyes.

"It's just a doll, Anna. Nothing more. It just scared me. That's all. Of course, it will not move." She laughed at the thought of it. "Anyways, let me help with the decorations. I'm a pro, you know."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the dead of night. Lightning flashed across the sky. Molly was sleeping with her new doll. When Anna came to her room, she shivered. She still couldn't believe that her own sister would buy something like this. But then again, she couldn't blame her. After all, Molly wanted a new doll. She thought, How could she sleep with this creepy doll? If I were 10 years old, I wouldn't sleep with it. She sighed and tucked her little daughter to bed. She went to her room and lied down for a while. Her cellphone rang from the side table. She picked it up.

"Hey Anna. Sorry I didn't make it. I had an important meeting."

"That's fine, Greg. I know how important it is." Ever since Anna's husband died of a car accident, she had been dating with Greg for two years now.

There was a moment of silence on the other line. Then Greg said, "So... Are you busy tonight?"

"Why? You plan to come here? You know what the weather's like?"

"Oh... Don't mind that. I can survive. Trust me. I've been driving through harsh weathers all my life."

"Really? Because right now..." She paused and stared at the window. The lightning flashed brighter than before. "Yeah, I don't think you should come. The weather is bad."

"Oh okay. I guess that's strike one if you know what I mean..." Anna laughed at the joke and said bye to Greg. She ended the call.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anna couldn't sleep because she could hear a noise downstairs. It must have been Molly in her usual sleepwalking. She had been doing it for a while, since her Dad's car accident. A couple of years ago, Anna consulted with the doctor and he had said, "It's only natural. Most kids do this kind of thing very often. But only time will tell when she could stop doing it." Anna sighed at the thought and went downstairs. When she entered the kitchen, she stopped.

"Molly? Is that you?" Anna could see someone, grabbing something from the drawer. But the girl wasn't Molly. It was the doll with the red eyes. Lightning flashed against her appearance, and this time Anna screamed. She could see that the doll held a knife on her hand. She remembered of what Lucie had told her about the toy maker's warnings.

I don't know what to say about that. But he sounded serious. Anna screamed again and ran out of the kitchen. The doll followed her. Anna felt the intense heartbeat as she tried to remind herself that this was all just a dream. But it wasn't. She knew there was something wrong about the doll ever since Lucie had bought it.

Damn you, sis! She thought angrily. She went upstairs to wake her daughter up. But Molly had already woken up because she had heard her mother's screaming downstairs. Molly said, "Mommy?" Anna told her to run away because the scary doll was coming after them. But Molly said it was only a doll. And when she had woken up, she found out the doll was gone. She said, "Where's Dolly?" She gave that name because she couldn't come up with anything else. Anna told her again to stay away from the doll. But then the so-called Dolly arrived behind Anna's back and slashed her leg. Anna screamed and Molly did the same. She couldn't believe it. Her doll came back to life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucie couldn't sleep either. She just had a nightmare of her family being attacked by a doll. Of course, that couldn't be true. Not like those Chucky films that she and her sister used to watch as kids. Now, she wasn't sure of it. She called the toy maker late at night. But there was no answer. Lucie thought, Damn it. He said he could handle it. I know they're in danger. But then she thought it was only a dream. Or was it?

She decided to head to Anna's house even during the heavy thunderstorm. She didn't care. She'll have to take that risk. She drove carefully as the few other cars honked at her. Lights blazed through her eyes, and at one moment she was about to turn over to the other side of the road. If that happened, she would likely hit a tree nearby. She felt relieved as she avoided it. She thought, Maybe, it was just a dream. I should have stayed back home. But somewhere in her gut feeling that she knew that Anna and Molly were in grave danger. She continued driving forward, the wipers still on and then she stopped as she could barely see her sister's house. She knew that was it. She could even tell it from this heavy rain. She stopped the car and got out quickly.

She ranged the doorbell twice. But there was no answer. She knocked the door several times. She called out her sister's name. Still, there was no answer. But then the door opened slightly. She opened the door and cried out, "Anna! Molly!" She went across the hallway, and then the kitchen, and then the rooms. There was a pool of blood on the floor. Then she stepped towards the guest room and saw Molly crying. She held a knife on her hands. Anna's body laid on the carpet floor. Lucie gasped and then screamed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To this day, the police have confirmed that Molly was the one who killed her own mother. That's what the newspapers had said. But the toy maker knew better. It was the doll with the red eyes. In fact, when Lucie had found the doll in Molly's bedroom, she was convinced that it had murdered her sister. But the people in the town and the police wouldn't believe her story. Therefore, Lucie had returned the doll to the toy maker. The old man looked at the doll and said, "You've done it again. Haven't you? Well... It looks I'll have to break you apart this time. I made a terrible mistake." He took the doll outside and grabbed an axe.

Next story- Being Dead

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 230

@the_impersonator: Both this and "A Heroic Effort" say the next story is "Being Dead."

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The Impersonator

@ficopedia: I checked it. Only this one says "Being Dead."

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 230

@the_impersonator: Then there was a glitch in the matrix, because they both did earlier. Weird. Cool though- I can get them in the right order on your FOP page now. :)

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ficopedia: I figured. It must be that CSRF token thing. :P

Thanks.